Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Argue posted:

I know the current seasons of the Arrowverse shows are a really low bar (LoT excepted of course) but there are so many areas in AoS where I keep thinking that the CW would probably have handled the same thing in a much worse way. Ward would be flipping back and forth between good and evil and we would have definitively seen him kill or spare the dog. Daisy would be conflicted over having powers and being Inhuman for 3 seasons. When Fitz is talking to AIDA in the cell, Simmons would misinterpret his words and angrily turn off the monitor halfway through then he'd try to explain only for her to go "I don't want to hear it Fitz!"

It's funny because back in the day this thread got me INTO Arrow because they were talking about how fast paced it was. It only took about 2 seasons for everyone to know Ollie's secret identity!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm looking through old thread comments because I'm bored and oh man this is a fun one.

Chakram posted:

So are we just dropping the whole Gravitonium plot thread until Skye's powers are ridiculous enough to reasonably take on Graviton?

Season 2

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

RareAcumen posted:

I'm looking through old thread comments because I'm bored and oh man this is a fun one.

Season 2

For the longest time that felt like they'd thrown out one too many loose ends and it had gotten lost. Did anyone ever say at what point they realized they could loop it back in?

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Season 2

That's.
Not.
Her.
Name.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

That's.
Not.
Her.
Name.

Tried that on reddit once, got called a pedant.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimdobson/2019/03/16/flat-earth-supporters-now-plan-an-antarctica-expedition-to-the-edge-of-the-world/

quote:

"Recently Youtube star Logan Paul attended the Flat Earth International Conference in Denver and spoke onstage to the attendees about his interest in the subject. He was there filming a documentary (possible mockumentary) for YouTube and talked at length about Flat Earth with founder Robbie Davidson. ”I consider myself a man of truth, someone who hates being ignorant,” Paul said. “I’m not ashamed to say my name is Logan Paul and I think I’m coming out of the Flat Earth closet. If I’m going to put my name out there (as a Flat Earth supporter), I want to know the facts. The fact that we haven’t been to the moon in over 50 years, the fact that the moon emits its own light. Some of the best scientists can’t explain gravity; Neil Degrasse Tyson, Bill Nye, in the end, do they even know? I want to explore for myself and keep an open mind. There is a stigma of being a flat earther and if I’m going to do it I want to know the facts.”

Sitting down with Davidson, Logan Paul was also passionate about his interest in trekking across Antarctica to confirm the flat earth theory hoping he would be the first to reach the wall. “I am that guy that will make it to the edge,” he says."

lol they broke up right

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Well the guy who completed the record for walking across the antarctica, nearly died and he's climbed everest. Good luck to the flat earther,

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yes

Wow he's dumb

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Edmund Lava posted:

Why are they not calling this nefarious organization Hydra? Show got good when they answered that one

To be fair, the evil organization being Hydra wasn't obvious until the post-Winter Soldier episode, which is when they reveal the name anyway. I saw speculation as to what evil organization the MCU let the showrunners use during the first half of the season.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
https://www.cbr.com/wondercon-agents-of-shield-season-6-panel/

Addressing a rumor that Season 7 is the end, Jeph said, "We're not ending."

:megafap: :lightningfap:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Well okay then

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This show will outlive us all

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

When Marvel finds something successful they’ll milk it till it’s dry. Especially a TV show.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Iian got his monkey! :3:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCVREaBkfmk

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

No thank you. Once I've seen Endgame, I'll watch this.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Kheldarn posted:

No thank you. Once I've seen Endgame, I'll watch this.

There’s no apparent Endgame spoilers in it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, I don't actually have any idea what's happening in that clip so it could be Endgame spoilers.

But I think it would be silly to expect anything more than a nod to Endgame just as I thought it was silly that some people thought the blown up Earth last season was Thanos' doing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Edmund Lava posted:

You don't consider Thanos marrying Daisy a spoiler? Or that Fitz is Nova?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Edmund Lava posted:

Mack becoming Mr. Fantastic is a bold new direction for things but hey, they're trying new poo poo here and I'm fine with that. And I guess they're just gonna quietly pretend that Defenders and Iron Fist didn't happen since May's Iron Fist apparently? I can't blame them though, Finn Jones was a bad call on that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

RareAcumen posted:

Mack becoming Mr. Fantastic is a bold new direction for things but hey, they're trying new poo poo here and I'm fine with that. And I guess they're just gonna quietly pretend that Defenders and Iron Fist didn't happen since May's Iron Fist apparently? I can't blame them though, Finn Jones was a bad call on that.

You must have missed when May said Colleen was her cousin. That's how she got the Iron Fist from.

It does kind of blow my mind they got JK Simmons to be JJJ, even if he's just on a screen.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

You must have missed when May said Colleen was her cousin. That's how she got the Iron Fist from.

It does kind of blow my mind they got JK Simmons to be JJJ, even if he's just on a screen.

I know right? I'm not especially up on his work outside of the three Spider-Man movies so I was surprised he could still do the voice and everything. The fact that Deathlok is also supposed to be Blade now is what's really throwing me for a loop, like, Goddamn, how many heavy hitters does SHIELD need?

I am gonna miss Coulson's robo hand though.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Mar 31, 2019

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

RareAcumen posted:

I know right? I'm not especially up on his work outside of the three Spider-Man movies so I was surprised he could still do the voice and everything. The fact that Deathlok is also supposed to be Blade now is what's really throwing me for a loop, like, Goddamn, how many heavy hitters does SHIELD need?

I am gonna miss Coulson's robo hand though.

And then revealing that Simmons was adpoted and her real name is Jessica Drew? Like holy poo poo.

Serious talk, yea, Coulsons robo hand was great.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

I’m just looking forward to what convoluted way they bring back Ward again for season 6, and again in season seven.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

And then revealing that Simmons was adpoted and her real name is Jessica Drew? Like holy poo poo.

Serious talk, yea, Coulsons robo hand was great.

...Oh Jessica Drew. Okay, that makes more sense than Elizabeth Tew. Man, I really misunderstood that.

Yeah, but at least he grew it back correctly. That could've gone badly. Imagine if it had come in backwards and the palm was at the stump instead.

LitigiousChimp
Sep 14, 2002

Sputty thinks I'm awesome and I deserve a kitten avatar!

STAC Goat posted:

But I think it would be silly to expect anything more than a nod to Endgame just as I thought it was silly that some people thought the blown up Earth last season was Thanos' doing.
Looking back on it, it's funny that at pretty much the same time the Avengers are fighting Thanos and his minions there was another guy who was on the verge of blowing up the whole planet. That was a pretty lovely week for Earth.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Edmund Lava posted:

I’m just looking forward to what convoluted way they bring back Ward again for season 6, and again in season seven.

From the sneak peek, it's obvious S06 is going to involve an incursion from an alternate universe. Bang. Enter Ward.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

LitigiousChimp posted:

Looking back on it, it's funny that at pretty much the same time the Avengers are fighting Thanos and his minions there was another guy who was on the verge of blowing up the whole planet. That was a pretty lovely week for Earth.
As is appropriate for all comic books. The world is always on the brink of ending 8 different ways.

I like the idea that Talbot's kid was like "Now that you're a super hero are you gonna go to Wakanda and help the Avengers fight those aliens?" and he was all "nah, I got my own stuff."

I want to go back and watch the finale now and see if I can time the finger snap for a really extra depressing epilogue for the team.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Edmund Lava posted:

The Infinity Stones get confused by Ant Man's killing of Thanos, and bring all the Wards back, Agent Of Hydra Ward, Hive Ward, and Framework Ward, all in one body.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Edmund Lava posted:

When that clip had boots walking along before a reveal I was chanting "please be Ward please be Ward."

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Bruceski posted:

When that clip had boots walking along before a reveal I was chanting "please be Ward please be Ward."
Me too.

Remember when we all thought he was the most boring character on the show?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I stand by my hate of Ward.

Shoot the Nazi bastard.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Shoot the Nazi bastard.

Oh no, everyone hates him but he's a very entertaining character to watch get owned season after season.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I love Ward. I have since the first episode.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

STAC Goat posted:

Shoot the Nazi bastard.

I've been binge re-watching the whole show and just got through with season 2. Skye's extremely casual blasting Ward 4 times on the way out of Puerto Rico is still extremely own zone.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mack: Ward is here.
Daisy: God drat it! Is he an immortal alien god again?
May: A LMD?
Simmons: Did we screw up the timeline and bring him back from an alternate dimension?
Fitz: Did he escape from the Framework?
Mack: No, its just his body. They have to do some experiment or something.
Simmons: Can we still shoot him?

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Some nice little tidbits about the upcoming seasons in this article:
http://collider.com/agents-of-shield-season-6-cast-interview-avengers-endgame/

Does confirm that there's no tie-in to the Avengers movies and that they don't know how Endgame will resolve things. Knowing that season 6 wouldn't come out until after the movie they're working on the assumption that everything works out in the end and are continuing to tell their own separate story without having to address the snap.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

STAC Goat posted:

Mack: Ward is here.
Daisy: God drat it! Is he an immortal alien god again?
May: A LMD?
Simmons: Did we screw up the timeline and bring him back from an alternate dimension?
Fitz: Did he escape from the Framework?
Mack: No, its just his body. They have to do some experiment or something.
Simmons: Can we still shoot him?

Mack: Of course, the experiment is testing how thin a bulletproof vest can be and still work. They want a lot of repeats of each thickness.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Kheldarn posted:

The Infinity Stones get confused by Ant Man's killing of Thanos, and bring all the Wards back, Agent Of Hydra Ward, Hive Ward, and Framework Ward, all in one body.

Infinity Wards

Reality Ward

Space Ward

etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Chokes McGee posted:

Infinity Wards

Reality Ward