Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LouisF
Mar 16, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmB5GWkQNIk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I had no idea there was a dub for GT.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Welcome to the grand tour

LouisF
Mar 16, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Namtab posted:

Welcome to the grand tour

GRAND TOUR GRAND TOUR

LouisF
Mar 16, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I had no idea there was a dub for GT.

:hai:

LouisF
Mar 16, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the three of us can easily take on the other fighters, together.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Some would say that the worst villain was baby or 17, but I say it was the guy who was really into the dolls

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Goku's most dangerous foe: The Parapara Brothers.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I kinda liked how they used the ape transformation again for SS4 but yeah GT was bad.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I never watched this, but why the gently caress did they think Vegeta needed a haircut?

Also how Pilaf always seems to hang around and cause trouble is beyond me.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

LouisF posted:

GRAND TOUR GRAND TOUR

DRAGONBALL GEEE TEE

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
DID SOME DUMB MOTHER FUCKER SAY DRAGONBALL GT IN THE VEGETA ANIME FORUM??!??!?

MODS, BAN OP AND CLEANSE US OF THIS TRASH

I hope everyone has fun in this thread.:shobon:

LouisF
Mar 16, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
THAT TIME YAMUMCHYA WAS FIXING HIS CAPSULE MOTORCYCLE AT THE END

LouisF
Mar 16, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
THAT TIME YAMUMCHYA WAS FIXING HIS CAPSULE MOTORCYCLE AT THE END

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
TIME IS RUNNING OUT

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
I SHAVED MY MOOSTACHE YOU IDIOT!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV2O1A4TEf8

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
If people want to talk about Dragon Ball G.T. / DRAGONBALL GT in this, the anime forum, they are free to do so. :colbert:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Wark Say posted:

If people want to talk about Dragon Ball G.T. / DRAGONBALL GT in this, the anime forum, they are free to do so. :colbert:

POSSESSED BY BABY, I BET

IM ONTO YOU

LouisF
Mar 16, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Shinjobi posted:

POSSESSED BY BABY, I BET

IM ONTO YOU

U GOT EM

LouisF
Mar 16, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the episode where oolong went great pig

LouisF
Mar 16, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
and then tien was all DOPONTAKSU an oolong was like OINK

LouisF
Mar 16, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
and the time roshi ate a squirrel in the woods alone

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I have never seen anyone defend GT as a show, and judged as a show it is terrible, however I absolutely appreciate it this sort of outsider's perspective of the logical end point and summation of the vector from risque comedy Dragon Ball, to adventure Dragon Ball, to action/fighting Dragon Ball, to horror Dragon Ball, space adventure Dragon Ball, back to action/fighting Dragon Ball.

It's exactly the kind of product you'd expect from someone who was aware of it, and even pretty much understood it, but still very much did not get it.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Schwarzwald posted:

I have never seen anyone defend GT as a show, and judged as a show it is terrible, however I absolutely appreciate it this sort of outsider's perspective of the logical end point and summation of the vector from risque comedy Dragon Ball, to adventure Dragon Ball, to action/fighting Dragon Ball, to horror Dragon Ball, space adventure Dragon Ball, back to action/fighting Dragon Ball.

It's exactly the kind of product you'd expect from someone who was aware of it, and even pretty much understood it, but still very much did not get it.

GT is good, canonical and has many defenders

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

DBGT's Tournament of Power would have been wild. Little Kid Goku eliminating dozens of characters one after the other.

Jiren beating the crap out of SS4 Goku, then growing a bunch of spikes or something and getting even stronger, only to lose to base form Kid Goku.

Piccolo blowing himself up for no reason halfway through the thing.

Nobody else scores a single elimination or even shows up on screen for more than 7 seconds.

The most dialogue a character from another Universe gets is "I hate you Goku, time to die!" and their personality is just "angry".

Goku unlocks SS5 and it's the ugliest goddamn thing you've ever seen.

LouisF
Mar 16, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yeah yo thats the good

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
In all seriousness if GT had a better budget for its combat scenes I think fans would be willing to look the other way on things.

GT had decent ideas executed badly, animated poorly. If they could have just had 2/3 of those working well, I imagine DT wouldn't be fighting alone in the quest to justify GT.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

In all seriousness if GT had a better budget for its combat scenes I think fans would be willing to look the other way on things.

GT had decent ideas executed badly, animated poorly. If they could have just had 2/3 of those working well, I imagine DT wouldn't be fighting alone in the quest to justify GT.

GT is already well justified

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
We need to get Screwattack to do a death battle between Super 17 and Super 17

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Super 17 vs 17 (Super)

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 40 hours!
The psx game was inexcusable trash, the show got better as it went, although ssj4 vegeta never looked good. Don't know what happened there, but yeeesh, also sayian hair doesn't grow back vegeta, so you're stuck with that crew top on your base form, dumbass.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Goku becoming a kid again was dumb, pilaf could have just phrased his wish like "I wish u were as weak as u were back then" or something

And lmao at Goku training Uub and he just gets bodied even when he merges with Buu :cmon:

gently caress GT

LouisF
Mar 16, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
[quote="Good soup!"
And lmao at Goku training Uub and he just gets bodied even when he merges with Buu :cmon:

[/quote]

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
How does GT teen Trunks compare to DBZ teen Trunks (future)

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

a neat cape posted:

How does GT teen Trunks compare to DBZ teen Trunks (future)

GT trunks probably can't use the spirit bomb with his sword

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Namtab posted:

GT trunks probably can't use the spirit bomb with his sword

So you're saying there's a chance

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Dark_Tzitzimine has been totally owned like the lamer they are

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I did not expect all the hosed up lore reveals about him, especially that forced gay conversion fetish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Stairmaster posted:

I did not expect all the hosed up lore reveals about him, especially that forced gay conversion fetish.

we talking about GT Trunks or DT here?