Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

Sorry for the double post.

Park Chan Wook is directing the next Blue Lives Matter Western from crypto-chud Craig Zahler!

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3551212/park-chan-wook-directing-violent-western-brigands-rattlecreek-bone-tomahawk-writer/

Thunderstruck! coming this fall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

i know people have turned on him and maybe for valid reason, but i liked Bone Tomahawk a lot so i'm looking forward to this

If I'm being honest i am too. Bone and Brawl are both fun enough watches but when taken together, along with that Mel Gibson cop thing he's doing, there's a pretty consistent undercurrent of bad opinions there. I'd be surprised if the camp invaders in this new thing weren't of some ethnic minority.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Grendels Dad posted:

Same, but also Flesh Gordon.

Which features Craig T Nelson.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Geez, the drop in quality from Final Destination 3 to Final Destination 4 The Final Destination is really loving big. The opening in particular is bad as poo poo. This was the one I was looking forward to the least, but at least I have 5 to finish up with.

I do like the escalator and rock through the eye, and a nazi catching fire is always fun.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The pool death is more gross than fun. It’s kind of poo poo. Literally.

But yeah escalator scene and the tire scene are good. It was decent in 3D but just felt kinda blah overall.

The credits rule though. Great tribute to the series.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

M_Sinistrari posted:

Currently catching up on my American Horror Story viewing since last season I sat through was Hotel. Any opinions on Roanoke

Watch Channel Zero instead

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

CelticPredator posted:

The pool death is more gross than fun. It’s kind of poo poo. Literally.

But yeah escalator scene and the tire scene are good. It was decent in 3D but just felt kinda blah overall.

The credits rule though. Great tribute to the series.

It took my almost a decade to realize it was given that title because they meant for it to be The FINAL Destination.

But yeah, it just looks really cheap and ugly.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Burkion posted:

Roanoke and Cult are good!

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It's true!

But I haven't watched Apocalypse, and I don't really feel compelled to bother... :shrug:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I hated American Horror Story and I almost tuned back in for Roanoke because I've always weirdly found that legend really compelling. But then I learned apparently it doesn't actually have anything to do with the Roanoke Colony? So I happily stayed away from Ryan Murphy.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

flashy_mcflash posted:

If I'm being honest i am too. Bone and Brawl are both fun enough watches but when taken together, along with that Mel Gibson cop thing he's doing, there's a pretty consistent undercurrent of bad opinions there. I'd be surprised if the camp invaders in this new thing weren't of some ethnic minority.

They'll probably be Mexican.

I'm seeing Dragged Across Concrete this Thursday in Hollywood and there's a Q&A after the film with Vince Vaughn; I'm wondering if anyone is going to ask about the overall tone of "killing minority groups" and the criticism of Zahler.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ask him if he’s a nazi and then ok sign him, as well as circle game him, which will give you an in to punch him.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Okay for as dogshit as the Final Destination 4 script is, "I've been trying to kill myself all day" is genuinely pretty funny.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The best thing about The Final Destination is the title, well that and making people remember how cool the series is.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Burkion posted:

I'm caught up on that one.

Roanoke was okay, I'm a bit hesitant about Cult because I've heard so much mixed about it.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

flashy_mcflash posted:

Sorry for the double post.

Park Chan Wook is directing the next Blue Lives Matter Western from crypto-chud Craig Zahler!

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3551212/park-chan-wook-directing-violent-western-brigands-rattlecreek-bone-tomahawk-writer/

Hell no :(

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

The best thing about The Final Destination is the title, well that and making people remember how cool the series is.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

3 and 4 are the only ones without Tony Todd and they really suffer. I need to get around to watching Candyman soon, he's just such a joy to watch. There's a bit in 2 when he yanks a corpse's nipple piercing out with a pair of pliers mid-conversation with what can only be described as a deathly glee.

Also a throughline I never picked up on was all the weird little mentions of superstitious/bad luck stuff.

Anyway, I'm on 5 now and maybe I'm hosed up but the gymnastics death might be my favorite in the series.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Coffee And Pie posted:

3 and 4 are the only ones without Tony Todd and they really suffer. I need to get around to watching Candyman soon, he's just such a joy to watch. There's a bit in 2 when he yanks a corpse's nipple piercing out with a pair of pliers mid-conversation with what can only be described as a deathly glee.

the amount of screen time Tony Todd has is directly proportional to the quality of the film. 3 is better than 4 because he at least has a voiceover part.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Remember that X-files episode where Tony Todd has dream powers?

good poo poo

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Blast Fantasto posted:

Remember that X-files episode where Tony Todd has dream powers?

good poo poo

also one of a small number of eps with not-yet-revealed-as-bad-guy krychek, who is kind of a really good character

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Coffee And Pie posted:

Also a throughline I never picked up on was all the weird little mentions of superstitious/bad luck stuff.

Anyway, I'm on 5 now and maybe I'm hosed up but the gymnastics death might be my favorite in the series.

Of what can be considered newer franchises, Final Destination is my fave. When talking with my doctor about any concerns I had about the cataract surgery, I did say I'd seen the Final Destination films so I was a little antsy about lasers/whatever that would be cutting into my eyes. Doc laughed and reassured me that it's routine, there's plenty of failsafes and no tempting fate with having Rocky Mountain High played during surgery.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

3 has the best (most brutal) ending sting

2 has the best opening disaster

The only thing 4 has is the overall most brutal kill (elevator)

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Coffee And Pie posted:

Todd doesn't show up physically in 3 but he's the voice of the big animatronic devil outside of the roller coaster.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

So I was cleaning up some old folders and came across something from years ago that I can only assume I drew while blasted-rear end drunk. Felt it was appropriate to post here.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Fart City posted:

So I was cleaning up some old folders and came across something from years ago that I can only assume I drew while blasted-rear end drunk. Felt it was appropriate to post here.

The Horror Thread: Spookity-Boo, motherfuckers!

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

gey muckle mowser posted:

The Horror Thread: Spookity-Boo, motherfuckers!

or

The Horror Thread: Spookity-Boo, Spook-a-doodles!

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

M_Sinistrari posted:

The Horror Thread: Spookity-Boo, Spook-a-doodles!
:hmmyes:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

CelticPredator posted:

Ask him if he’s a nazi and then ok sign him, as well as circle game him, which will give you an in to punch him.

The perfect crime

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXB-LvBwJdM

this is so good

name droppin demon knight. bless u mister peele

Ramadu fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Mar 20, 2019

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Fart City posted:

Werewolf Wife reminded me: When I was in a band, we wrote a song called "Lycanthrope Love Song" where the narrator is questioning if their wife/SO is a werewolf.

Not the best song we had, but people loved the novelty of the premise.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get Ready for Price Time , Bitch

Werewolf wife sounds like something Charles Band pitched in the 80s and also there is in fact a movie called My Wife is a Werewolf. I'm almost sure of it

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

Werewolf wife sounds like something Charles Band pitched in the 80s and also there is in fact a movie called My Wife is a Werewolf. I'm almost sure of it

There's the terrible John Saxon film My Mom Is A Werewolf, which is dreadful.

I'm not finding a My Wife is a Werewolf through my searches, though.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Coffee And Pie posted:

Okay for as dogshit as the Final Destination 4 script is, "I've been trying to kill myself all day" is genuinely pretty funny.

My favorite part of that movie is when he has the flash-forward to how everyone dies in that mall movie theater that starts with his friend getting hit by an ambulance and then he flashes back to the present and his friend immediately gets hit by the ambulance again and he is like "I know how to stop it" and not "oh no this dude just got creamed"

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Would a werewolf wife be a werewife or a wifewolf?

I mean, I guess a werewife would be someone who goes to Reno and gets married every full moon.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Hard to imagine that it would matter for long, I doubt husbands of werewives have a long life expectancy. As soon as they transform, there you are just lying there as a juicy hors d'oeuvre.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Basebf555 posted:

Hard to imagine that it would matter for long, I doubt husbands of werewives have a long life expectancy. As soon as they transform, there you are just lying there as a juicy hors d'oeuvre.

a were wolf wife with which one wants wards

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Final Destination 3's DVD had an awesome special feature where they had alternate deaths and kind of made it into a choose-your-own-adventure type game.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
you guys are really making me want to marathon the Final Destination series this weekend. I might skip 4 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

gey muckle mowser posted:

you guys are really making me want to marathon the Final Destination series this weekend. I might skip 4 though.

4 rules dont skip 4

Final Destination is my favorite contemporary horror series by far