Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

fallout 76 trailers have been pretty uniformly good, vastly better than the game content they showcase. I feel absolutely sure whoever is making them will make one for the fall content and it'll get shown at E3.

Like this is legitimately a great trailer, it's mostly not in engine and in game none of the stuff looks like this or is any good, but someone at the company knows how to make a fallout trailer and I am sure they are going to let him do one for the "nuclear winter" update for the fall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIZ-LGaRB6M

(it's great because the one shot that is real gameplay is that one shot through the scope at 0:37 and it's so hilariously awful looking compared to all the cinematic shots)

This is so boring. Has no one explained to Bethesda yet that there's plenty of free avatar-based chatroom software out there with lame minigames? Maybe I don't want to dress myself up like a cartoon character and use emojis in this game that is ostensibly about post-apocalyptic survival?

Oh and there's that sloth from the pre-release trailer, how timely. And an NPC using a palette-swapped monster model! Content is finally king!

They've clearly milked it dry at this point, I expect the next Fallout game to be a MOBA that comes out three years after everyone stops caring about MOBAs and has learned nothing from any other MOBA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Using the same engine, of course, so minions randomly fall through the map, your attacks drain your own health, and sometimes you get banned for winning too much

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

An engine where you get banned for pushing the buttons too fast is a good match for a moba for sure

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Rinkles posted:

fo2 modding sure has evolved since i last... omg

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23109 here look at this and despair

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23109 posted:

Fallout Equestria's goal is to allow YOU the chance to live the Fallout Equestria dream by replacing every single humanoid NPC with ponies.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I'd like to get off this ride, thank you.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
It’s pony town now.

Grab your cutie mark and :getin:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Honestly I bet it's not sadder than 76, despite being incredibly sad.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Liquid Communism posted:

Honestly I bet it's not sadder than 76, despite being incredibly sad.

You do have to have dedication to the project to replace everything with ponies, that's a lot more than can be said for the effort Bethesda puts into it's work

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Fallout Equestria has a coherent storyline and decent worldbuilding, so it's already superior to 76

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

this is terrifying

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Mods, please ban everyone

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

corn in the bible posted:

this is terrifying

Especially since she died at the Mariponyposa base when she was dragged into a vat of goo by Trixie, who had become that series' Master equivalent

Why the hell do I still know this

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I'm looking forward to when we have driveable cars in Fallout 5/77 but the cars are just NPCs wearing car hats.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

chaosapiant posted:

I'm looking forward to when we have driveable cars in Fallout 5/77 but the cars are just NPCs wearing car hats.

It will be fine just put speed bump visuals spaced so they match the head bob no problem

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
remember when we all thought furries and bronies were the weirdest most off-putting thing on the internet. you know, before nazis became en vogue on social platforms

How naive and innocent we were, it all seems so quaint now. These weirdos aren't even wishing painful death on anyone

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

chaosapiant posted:

Let me ride people, Todd

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Whats more discouraging as a developer, getting poo poo on for a dumpster fire like 76 or seeing your audience turn your game into a pony pedo sim?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

This is todd, what galls him is not being able to charge for the pony mod

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Vinylshadow posted:

Especially since she died at the Mariponyposa base when she was dragged into a vat of goo by Trixie, who had become that series' Master equivalent

Why the hell do I still know this

I don't really know what you're talking about, but the idea of someone caring enough about Piper to write a plot for her is the most obscene part of all tbh

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

corn in the bible posted:

I don't really know what you're talking about, but the idea of someone caring enough about Piper to write a plot for her is the most obscene part of all tbh

This was a while before Fallout 4 was a thing, and was more an observation on the character they replaced her with

I'd completely forgotten they'd gotten Nowacking to voice Littlepip in the audiobook and that there's SFM animations based on FoE

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

RoadCrewWorker posted:

remember when we all thought furries and bronies were the weirdest most off-putting thing on the internet. you know, before nazis became en vogue on social platforms

How naive and innocent we were, it all seems so quaint now. These weirdos aren't even wishing painful death on anyone

Yeah gamers are the worst

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

did they patch any bad things out of the game or is it still bad with more bad things patched in

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

ASenileAnimal posted:

did they patch any bad things out of the game or is it still bad with more bad things patched in

Yes

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

RoadCrewWorker posted:

they became fascist bronies

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

they became fascist bronies

Blood purity is magic

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I mean, there's more than a bit of overlap between the two...

:nws: I guess? (furries with Nazi poo poo)

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

I mean, there's more than a bit of overlap between the two...

:nws: I guess? (furries with Nazi poo poo)

You've also got ICP fans down with furries now, too, and they're VERY anti-fash and are actually 100% down to break poo poo so I guess it takes all kinds to live on this bitch of an earth

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Commie furry: Never thought I'd die fighting side by side with a clown.

Juggalo: What about side by side with a dope rear end motherfucker?

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

2house2fly posted:

Commie furry: Never thought I'd die fighting side by side with a clown.

Juggalo: What about side by side with a dope rear end motherfucker?

whoop whoop

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Enclave, Brotherhood, Furry, Nazi...

Who knew everyone was the same at the end of the day

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
war never changes

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

drkeiscool posted:

war never changes

But people do, through the fandumbs they join

uftheory
May 30, 2003

I'm surprised that you all are still beating the dead horse that is making fun of this game. Seems like classic in the closet repressed behavior you see in politicians who rage against gay rights non--stop till they are found blowing 20 dudes in a gas station bathroom somewhere.

I bet many of you secretly play the game and love it and you hate yourselves for it.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Not many people are talking about the game really, the biggest topics of conversation in the past couple of months have been bioware's Anthem and obsidian'd Outer Worlds. A couple of people have talked about the game in the last week or so because it just got a content update

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

2house2fly posted:

Not many people are talking about the game really, the biggest topics of conversation in the past couple of months have been bioware's Anthem and obsidian'd Outer Worlds. A couple of people have talked about the game in the last week or so because it just got a content update

Is there a content update that matters more than big NV mod releases though (I'm almost unironic there, I played like the F4 intro on a friend's steam and never actually went further than that)

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Guess the 5 people who post in this thread per day have been severely owned

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

mactheknife posted:

One of the biggest aggravations for me is the wasted setting of this game

Wasted Inon Zur soundtrack too. He clearly put in a lot of effort.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

uftheory posted:

I'm surprised that you all are still beating the dead horse that is making fun of this game. Seems like classic in the closet repressed behavior you see in politicians who rage against gay rights non--stop till they are found blowing 20 dudes in a gas station bathroom somewhere.

I bet many of you secretly play the game and love it and you hate yourselves for it.
as far as unsourced reddit quotes goes, that's not too shabby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473265809079693312