Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
not to ruin everyone's fun but it's fake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Cease to Hope posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkT-aMgZvQI

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

:lol: Holy poo poo.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I've been thinking about how to respond to this for a while now and I guess I just have to ask....where do you think babby lives?

Mm yeah, probably should have said belly and not stomach. Was just wondering how you knew her womb wasn't armoured since it's inside of her.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Cease to Hope posted:

Is it sad that I wouldn't put the pregnant lady or pig beyond them?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
NOw we'll never know :mad:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I'm pretty sure my youngest brother was small enough my evangelical parents tried to get him into bibleman lol

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm pretty sure my youngest brother was small enough my evangelical parents tried to get him into bibleman lol

Usually it's the Bible man who's into the young boy.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
:whitewater:

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Why'd they change the hair colour on top right?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

josh04 posted:

Why'd they change the hair colour on top right?

Maybe the person likes the Huntress? With the cross and cape and purple she's already pretty close.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fart City posted:

Just

Sending a pregnant lady into battle huh

She blows up an abortion clinic.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I said come in! posted:

She blows up an abortion clinic.

Ironically killing many unborn children

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Will they were gonna die anyway, dearie

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
loving hell but the animation on the Bibleman animated series looks cheap
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLj7K6F7oxY

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I thought that post earlier was a joke. Now I wish it was.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Reboot had better animation than that

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Looks like a lot Bibleman's villains are either Scientists, Engineers, or Foreigners...

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Fart City posted:

Just

Sending a pregnant lady into battle huh

Is she eternally pregnant? Or does she ever have that baby? If her character is eternally pregnant, is she just fat and pretending to be pregnant? It seems hellish to be stuck in an existence where you're pregnant forever.

I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS.

Cease to Hope posted:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

You should check kid's cartoons these days, this is not really that much worse than whatever random show on a kid's channel.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Honest Thief posted:

You should check kid's cartoons these days, this is not really that much worse than whatever random show on a kid's channel.

I went back and looked at Beast Wars recently. Granted, that show is over 20 years old now, but oof.

(also, big oof to the fact that the show is over 20 years old)

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

I went back and looked at Beast Wars recently. Granted, that show is over 20 years old now, but oof.

(also, big oof to the fact that the show is over 20 years old)

This was my biggest disappointment going back and revisiting childhood media. I wanted to show it to my son (I have all the DVDs), but the early days of CG have just aged so incredibly poorly that even I couldn't bear to sit through them.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
There's something comforting about how painful Beast Wars is to look at, you can see the struggle and labor in the textures, geometry, animations, effects, etc.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Klungar posted:

This was my biggest disappointment going back and revisiting childhood media. I wanted to show it to my son (I have all the DVDs), but the early days of CG have just aged so incredibly poorly that even I couldn't bear to sit through them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a3k2gH5PjE&t=202s

I think the thing that struck me when going back was realizing how loving barren the landscape is.

Like, I know this is supposed to take place during prehistoric times, but the landscape is literally just flat and featureless unless it is a plot-related feature.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Stuff like Beast Wars and Reboot still manages to be watchable because despite its age theres still some solid animation and direction core tenets, while new cheap animation is poo poo like Fireman Sam. I have baby nephews, so part of my involvement in raising them is lying down at home while they watching their shows.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Yeah, it's not necessarily any worse than Super Truck and the other shoveled out garbage my son watches, I just had remembered it as mind-blowing (which I assume it was for the time), and getting smacked with the reality was disheartening.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Honest Thief posted:

Stuff like Beast Wars and Reboot still manages to be watchable because despite its age theres still some solid animation and direction core tenets, while new cheap animation is poo poo like Fireman Sam. I have baby nephews, so part of my involvement in raising them is lying down at home while they watching their shows.

My friends all have toddlers, the shows they become catatonic watching, and I had to watch way more than a single grown man should on our big group NYE getaway, were Octonauts and Bluey, so I can recommend them.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Octonauts is extremely good and there's one legit tense episode where Captain Barnacles gets his foot stuck in a clam and can't get back to his sub and his air is running out and the rest of the Octonauts have to locate him before he asphyxiates.

In fact there's a couple of episodes where drowning is used as a motivator and those are legit good.

Also the one with the harbor seal detective trying to locate the missing remorah fish is good.

OCTONAUTS at ease, until the next adventure!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

NTRabbit posted:

My friends all have toddlers, the shows they become catatonic watching, and I had to watch way more than a single grown man should on our big group NYE getaway, were Octonauts and Bluey, so I can recommend them.

Just, for the love of god, stay far away from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. It's garbage.

The new Muppet Babies is pretty good. As is the Trolls show on Netflix. With Trolls, younger toddlers won't really know what's going on, but there's lots of fun colors and songs, and some jokes land with adults.

Source: My 2.5 year old daughter and the crazy poo poo I end up watching now.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

thrawn527 posted:

Just, for the love of god, stay far away from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. It's garbage.

Oh my sweet summer child, if you think Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is as bad as it gets, you haven't yet plumbed the murky depths that is the Amazon Prime Video kids offerings.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I watched a Curious George cartoon episode a few days ago where CG showed kids how to run out on a bill if you can't pay it

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I watched a Curious George cartoon episode a few days ago where CG showed kids how to run out on a bill if you can't pay it

With the ever increasing wealth gap they should just animate the Anarchists Cookbook already so kids have a decent guide for their post-climate change wanderings

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Kid's gotta learn sometime.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
My nieces and nephews watch 2-D animated shows, as God intended.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Klungar posted:

Oh my sweet summer child, if you think Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is as bad as it gets, you haven't yet plumbed the murky depths that is the Amazon Prime Video kids offerings.

Creative Galaxy and Odd Squad is good. Motown Magic seems....ok? At least the music is alright. Tumbleleaf is very good for younger kids as it's super wholesome and nice.

Give me some bad ones to avoid please.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Creative Galaxy and Odd Squad is good. Motown Magic seems....ok? At least the music is alright. Tumbleleaf is very good for younger kids as it's super wholesome and nice.

Give me some bad ones to avoid please.

YouTube. Avoid YouTube at all costs.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Yeah it seems like 99% of all children—focused original Youtube content is somehow related to child abuse these Days

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Klungar posted:

Looks like a lot Bibleman's villains are either Scientists, Engineers, or Foreigners...

Is that surprising though?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fart City posted:

Yeah it seems like 99% of all children—focused original Youtube content is somehow related to child abuse these Days

The child entertainment industry is filled to the brim with creepy people. To my knowledge this has been true since at least the early Nickelodeon days, but if someone told me it was even earlier than that I would believe it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Fart City posted:

Either "related to" or "directly causing" or "explicitly in support of", yeah.