Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

For my part I tend to assume that if one person is the only one putting effort in for a day or more of real time then they're probably town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Chic Trombone posted:

For my part I tend to assume that if one person is the only one putting effort in for a day or more of real time then they're probably town

I know what you mean but I hate to make assumptions at this point

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Fair enough.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
Okay. Well Asiina is at -1 now and nobody has hammered yet right?

So either both people on Asiina are scum and Asiina is town or Asiina is scum.

I think that's right?

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
The three people on Cpig who are still alive were me, Hal and Asiina. Since I know I'm town this means at least one of these two is scum, since CPig was town and didn't vote himself and the only other person left is Chic.

So the angle I'm going to take is either voting Hal or Asiina at this point and leaving Chic for later.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
Oh wait MMT as well. Aaaah numbers!

Okay so Hal and Asiina could both have been town as well. But I think it's probably quite unlikely that both scum players stayed off a vote on a town player?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Azurelana posted:

Oh wait MMT as well. Aaaah numbers!

Okay so Hal and Asiina could both have been town as well. But I think it's probably quite unlikely that both scum players stayed off a vote on a town player?

Yeah that would be crazy at this point unless there is something O missed in the setup options

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

So I guess is it a Chic/MMT scumteam or an Asiina/azure scumteam is what I have to ask myself

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ehhh I want MMT and Chic to win regardless so I’m gonna ##vote Asiina

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Asiina (3): Murmur Twin, Chic Trombone, Hal Incandenza

Not Voting (2): Asiina, Azurelana

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 20th, 2019 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 hours, 18 minutes.

Old Maid You Look
Jun 6, 2018

[Insert Bone Joke Here]
The Head Counselor grinned wide, the edges of her mouth moving further and further up her face.

"I see."

She walked behind a quaking Asiina.

"I find the fear of the unknown is so much more powerful than the known."

She bends down, bringing her face right next to Asiina's ear.

"So why don't we just get on with it."

She stands up, and quickly snaps her fingers.

A hole grows beneath Asiina's seated stone. Square, white teeth grow around the edges of the hole.

With a quick motion, the hole opens, like a mouth. Asiina plunges downward.

The teeth snap shut, and the hole slowly disappears from view.

The councilor puts her hand to her stomach.

"Mmm."

You wonder what she will do next.

"Well the answer to that is simple isn't it? You want to know what she was."

She comes around next to you. She puts her hand on your shoulder, and draws herself down. You hear her breath, but you feel no breath on your skin.

Almost a whisper, she says "Asiina, Chell, Scum Rolecop, didn't survive Day 3."

It is now Night 3. I would count posts but that would be pointless at this juncture since this is endgame. See you soon.

Old Maid You Look fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Mar 20, 2019

Old Maid You Look
Jun 6, 2018

[Insert Bone Joke Here]
You reflexively close your eyes.

"What are you doing?"

You open your eyes. The head counselor is staring at you, head cocked to one side.

"I told you I would see you soon. Though I guess that was partially a lie."

She gestures to your right. You slowly turn your head, knowing what you are about to see even before you see it.

Hal's body sits, still as a statue. His arms locked on his knees, and his back bolted upright.

He has no head.

You want to scream.

"I believe it's rather apparent that Hal, Cerulean, Vanilla Town, didn't survive Night 3"

"This is the end of the line. Make a choice. I'm very excited."

She walks back into the shadows.

Deadline is Friday, March 22nd at 10PM EST. Good luck.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Not at computer, but nobody vote

My feeling is that it's Azurelana

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Lol this is actually kind of awesome, I was fairly sure Asiina was scum and that Hal was town, this lylo is probably the most interesting outcome.

Sorry about getting frustrated yesterday! I swear I’m actually fairly mellow :350: Obviously, please no one vote since the game is on the line.

I’m gonna re-read over everyone and ask some questions, ideally you’ll both do the same. I can see a case for either of you as scum but hopefully discussion today can make it clearer.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
Well we know we're in game B3 right?

If I understand town Neapolitan correctly that means that one of you two probably knows I'm vanilla town by now and the game's over right?

I don't understand what's up with the cloak and dagger?

Anyway, it's fast approaching my bedtime. I won't vote yet because there's probably something obvious I don't understand.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
I think that means that Chic must be scum then? Since she thinks I'm scum and there's no way the neapolitan could think that.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Azurelana posted:

Well we know we're in game B3 right?

If I understand town Neapolitan correctly that means that one of you two probably knows I'm vanilla town by now and the game's over right?

I don't understand what's up with the cloak and dagger?

Anyway, it's fast approaching my bedtime. I won't vote yet because there's probably something obvious I don't understand.

Old Maid You Look posted:

The Head Councilor picks her teeth. "It seems Teland, Ciel, Town Neapolitan, did not survive Night 2"[/i]

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'm leaning pretty heavily on Azure for last scum.

Azurelana posted:

I think I will do this:

##vote Cpig

Cpig came out hard on Chic and I don't think it made much sense to do that. It also might have quelled future discussion.

---

I think so. I was never happy about the way he approached Chic on day 1. It's either an attack on someone that cools the game or collusion.

---

Also it seems like a real waste to go after Asiina today because she hasn't posted at all.

I still think Cpig is better. It would tell us a lot about yesterday and today.

##vote Cpig

---

I think that means that Chic must be scum then? Since she thinks I'm scum and there's no way the neapolitan could think that.

All of the bolded lines are things that have pinged me as suspicious at various points in the game.

The only real case I have against Chic is that she lurked a lot but I don't really see anything in her posts that I don't think she'd make as town.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I'm with you on that - she pinged me yesterday during my read back through.

It feels to me as though she's more tried to "solve" the game based on setup spec, instead of wanting to read players and their content - and even then, like i said before in my ramblepost, she couches some of it in wishy-washy language so she can go "well i guess not/i wasn't sure" if she's wrong.

Yeah, reading back through again as I type this and I don't really see any "i think you are/x is scum" calls until today when she called me scum(for calling her scum).

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

MMT I'm pretty sure is town due to her content/engagement and if she's not she probably deserves the scumwin tbh

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I don't see myself changing my mind on this.

##vote Azure

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

##vote Azure

for what it's worth my lurkfest was not intentional at all

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Azurelana :byewhore:

Votecount for Day 4

Azurelana (2): Murmur Twin, Chic Trombone

Not Voting (1): Azurelana

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 22nd, 2019 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 22 hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJIS3KjinPc

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
Oh, I died?

I was really looking forward to talking about the game this evening!

Old Maid You Look
Jun 6, 2018

[Insert Bone Joke Here]
You hear the head counselor clap her hands together.

"Lets get this show on the road."

She gestures to Azurelana. "Please join Emi on the bench."

Azurelana, shakily, stands up and walks over to the bench. She sits down to the still bound and gagged Emi.

The councilor walks over to the body of pera, and pries the axe from her skull. She saunters over to Azurelana, and stands behind her.

Chic stares absently at the ground. You look between the two of them, trying understand what has happened.

"Azurelana, Laslow Shaw" The head counselor swings the axe down into her skull, cleaving it in two.

"Vanilla Town, did not survive Day 4.

You've been so focused on the action of the game, you never really paid attention to pera's body.

The pool of her blood slowly creeping towards the fire has reached its final destination.

The fire transforms in front of you. It turns, somehow, black. It still illuminates your surroundings, but the color you once saw has faded from view.

You look at Chic. Her eyes are shut tight, refusing to look at you.

The sound of the forest disappears again. Shadows creep in from outside the circle of stones that you've been sitting at. You can barely make out the head counselor prying the axe from Laslow's body, and walking behind Emi.

You can't watch. You look at the fire.

You can see stars. And they seem to be rushing up to greet you.

MMT, Lea, Vanilla Town, has been endgamed

Chic, Kasia, Mafia Goon, has survived and won the game for the scum

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
That was...see my avatar text.

Really now.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

My general thoughts on the game will be limited to this: I enjoyed writing the flavor for this game, and I think I will probably expand Campfire mafia out into my own little original mafia universe for however long these forums survive, I hope people look forward to that.

As for the game itself, I will take on the brunt of the responsibility of not tweeking the lurker rules to accomidate for such a small game. I probably should have either jumped straight to freely lunchable, or basically say there will be no lurker mechanics since it is such a small game to begin with that it would severely gently caress things up if even on person is dunked out. Dunno, open to suggestions and critique on that front.

Hope you all had fun while you were here.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
MMT, despite being wrong, was robbed.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Scum killing Teland night 2 was rather lucky for them, as A: Teland made a good showing for one of their first mafia outings and B: they had copped Chic that night, and would have come in with a result on her that would be unassailable. Asiina and chic did a good job distancing themselves from each other.

As for the lurking, I know real life can get in the way. I am always, always happy to communicate with people and figure something out, but people do need to talk to me first so that I know what's going on. And unfortunately, if town is also not really providing content, it doesn't give scum that much incentive to participate either. As always, active participation is the best way to leave no avenue for scum to hide.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Shoutout to MMT for heroically keeping this game alive as well.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Yeah I had a weird few days over the last week and I ended up in a combination of just forgetting/not being able to check the thread for a majority of the day

I probably didn't actually deserve that win

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Honorary MMT win tbh.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Oh, yeah, Teland, you did very well!

Unfortunately, enough people claimed that scum just easily killed off the PRs, but in a non-open setup, I think you could have won it for town.

CPig ending up executed was really kinda dumb and I think because the day went so long that people 2nd guessed themselves.

There’s all my constructive thoughts, no need to share any others.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
I gave myself carpal tunnel shaking my fist when Asiina escaped at -1

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yes I severely hate starting game days on a Thursday since it means three bad choices of making the game day very short and ending Friday, Ending on Saturday which has historically not worked out well in general, or extend it all the way to Sunday. I should have planned better for that.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

On one hand, I have to smile at Lea being unable to crack the case re: who the badguys are.

On the other, I'm really pretty disappointed at this game. Not so much the result, as I don't really pay attention to my mafia win/loss record, but at the number of people who had no problem signing up for this game and then not playing in it. Don't get me wrong - I love everyone here and this isn't the kind of thing that I'm going to hold a grudge over, but I'd really like to ask people to think twice about "hey do I have the time and mental energy to expand on this?" before signing up because

(a) this isn't a new problem - a lot of the people who signed up and lurked out are repeat offenders
(b) you're basically saying "hey I don't respect the time of the mods or people who want to play" (whether you intend to or not)
(c) it's lovely to open a game and have a majority of the contributions be "meh, I didn't check the thread"

That's really all I got. Please stop signing up for games if you're not going to play in them.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah I apologize for being not good at all and sorry I seemed to be gone whenever MMT was around because I wold have had some back and forth with her. Somehow I still ended up as the top poster in this game...

Max I will play in more campfire games and acquit myself better if they ever happen.

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

I'm just glad we didn't end up with a non-vote and town losing by default.

This was my first mafia game, and I just want to thank Max for answering my newb questions, and everyone else for giving me a shot and not voting me out for my rambling posts or my weird campfire story.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I think you had a very good read on things day 1 and 2, especially in your first outing surrounded by people who all know each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

I think you had a very good read on things day 1 and 2, especially in your first outing surrounded by people who all know each other.

Yeah I thought so as well. Keep playing!