Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

thrawn527 posted:

YouTube. Avoid YouTube at all costs.

Oh that's a given, in fact one set of grandparents were barred from seeing my son for a month because they wouldn't stop with the Youtube bullshit.

But I specifically want to know what's bad on Amazon Prime video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Oh that's a given, in fact one set of grandparents were barred from seeing my son for a month because they wouldn't stop with the Youtube bullshit.

But I specifically want to know what's bad on Amazon Prime video.

It's basically the same as wild west youtube only with people who figured out how to upload to Amazon.

Youtube is so goddamn bad ughhh

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Ok, so, if I stick to Prime Originals I should be ok. Got it. Thank you!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Youtube is so goddamn bad ughhh

If someone ran on "Nationalize Youtube, remove the 'Watch Next' tab, and Just Make Search Work Normally" I would vote for them

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Unfortunately, Amazon Prime Video is a bottomless pit of videos that have been scrapped from YouTube, complete with hosts asking for likes and subscribes, or cartoon taxi cabs imploring people to click on the non-exist any annotation in the blank end card to advance to the next video. Pete the Cat, The Stinky and Dirty Show, and Creative Galaxy are relative bright spots. PBS Kids/Netflix is all I would regulate my kid to if I had the opportunity at this point.

e: Jesus, I thought this was the animation thread, sorry for the massive derail.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
So far for my 3 month old it's Sesame Street, or whatever we're watching. He likes to make loud noises while watching The Voice.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

When my niece and nephew are over their dad suggests some YouTube stuff which is basically kid music overlaid with not-amazing 3D animation of cars and trucks driving around from one place to another.

I have never seen them watch anything else except whatever is on the Disney Channel. I think they just like the background noise because they are always more focused on playing with trucks, cars, duplo, and lego

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
This tangent all started because someone posted a Bibleman Photoshop.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

There's something comforting about how painful Beast Wars is to look at, you can see the struggle and labor in the textures, geometry, animations, effects, etc.

When they made the Masterpiece Cheetor figure recently, they even recreated the pixelated look of his primitive CG texture.

Also Beast Wars was part of one draft of the script for Transformer 5 (2017).

thrawn527 posted:

YouTube. Avoid YouTube at all costs.

Indeed.

https://i.imgur.com/SQQwLUA.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/OjN7p2v.mp4

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Mar 21, 2019

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

McCloud posted:

https://twitter.com/onecoolsquirrel/status/1108458140742361094?s=19

Snydercon will be livestrsming his q&a, for those of you interested

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Klungar posted:

This was my biggest disappointment going back and revisiting childhood media. I wanted to show it to my son (I have all the DVDs), but the early days of CG have just aged so incredibly poorly that even I couldn't bear to sit through them.

There's a lot of 2d animation that hasn't aged much better. I watched 'Botsmaster' which I was strangely fond of as a kid recently. Holy poo poo it looks bad.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I've introduced by two and a half year old to Johnny Quest and the Adam West Batman. Johnny Quest is a bit advanced for him, but he loves Batman. He calls it "Nattman". He also loves PJMasks, which he calls for by saying "Gecko".

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Hrrrnnggh Avengers, I'm trying to collect the Infinity Stones but I'm dummy thicc and the clap of my rear end cheeks keeps wiping out half the life in the universe

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

ungulateman posted:

Hrrrnnggh Avengers, I'm trying to collect the Infinity Stones but I'm dummy thicc and the clap of my rear end cheeks keeps wiping out half the life in the universe

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Animation has always been a matter of budget, cartoons from the goddamn 40s can hold up amazingly aside from all the racism and outdated pop culture references (Fleischer Superman comes to mind) while cheap garbage has always been cheap garbage.

Beast Wars and Reboot for the most part leaned into the weaknesses of CGI; Beast Wars with a smaller cast and characters who were explicitly robots anyway (though the animal forms were another question) and Reboot the characters are literally video game characters who'd look comparable to their real life 3D counterparts at the time, and an artificial feel would be fitting.

Avoid YouTube like the plague, yes. It's all made by loving crazy people, at least Newgrounds was up front about it.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
lol remember when Google was famous for having the slogan "Do no harm" and now they're on the bleeding edge of creating new, hyper efficient ways to harm everyone online using nothing but algorithms.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Intel&Sebastian posted:

lol remember when Google was famous for having the slogan "Do no harm" and now they're on the bleeding edge of creating new, hyper efficient ways to harm everyone online using nothing but algorithms.

haha it was straight up "don't be evil" which was apparently too lofty a goal in retrospect, but their parent company apparently shifted it to "do the right thing" a few years back and last year they dropped the "don't be evil" from all company messaging entirely

I guess "do the right thing" can be more easily adapted with the unspoken clause "for our shareholders"

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of corporations

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1108794707167989760

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Marvel is auctioning off props from Daredevil, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist.

https://propstore.com/marvel/

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

That was just a bunch of corporate buzzwords lmao.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Mindy Hamilton, head of global partnerships and marketing at #Marvel, breaks down

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Lobok posted:

Mindy Hamilton, head of global partnerships and marketing at #Marvel, breaks down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gAxxisMA2g

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

The MSJ posted:

I wonder how much the Daredevil suit will go for. At least 5 figures, maybe 6?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Low to mid 5, there's probably going to be 4-5 different suits going up.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Paging jivjov to the thread.

A website is offering $1,000 for someone to binge-watch 20 Marvel movies back-to-back

quote:

A website is offering to pay one Marvel fan $1,000 to binge-watch 20 Marvel movies.

To prepare for the release of "Avengers: Endgame," CableTV.com is looking for a Marvel fan to watch the movies and live-tweet their experience while tagging CableTV on their social channels.

The chosen applicant will watch all of the movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) from phases one through three. That means the person must watch:

"Iron Man" (2008)
"The Incredible Hulk" (2008)
"Iron Man 2" (2010)
"Thor" (2011)
"Captain America: The First Avenger" (2011)
"The Avengers" (2012)
"Iron Man 3" (2013)
"Thor: The Dark World" (2013)
"Captain America: The Winter Soldier" (2014)
"Guardians of the Galaxy" (2014)
"Avengers: Age of Ultron" (2015)
"Ant-Man" (2015)
"Captain America: Civil War" (2016)
"Doctor Strange" (2016)
"Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" (2017)
"Spider-Man: Homecoming" (2017)
"Thor: Ragnarok" (2017)
"Black Panther" (2018)
"Avengers: Infinity War" (2018)
"Ant-Man and the Wasp" (2018)
The only MCU exclusion is "Captain Marvel," which is still in theaters.

The application says "no sleep till 'Endgame,'" but with more than 43 hours of movies to watch, that's a large task. CableTV.com didn't immediately respond to INSIDER's request for comment about being allowed to sleep.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How exactly do they stop them from taking a nap during one of the longer movies?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

RatHat posted:

How exactly do they stop them from taking a nap during one of the longer movies?

Gotta keep livetweeting.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

:stonk:

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

Gotta keep livetweeting.

Just to text a friend to log into your Twitter and live tweet a few of the movies while you sleep, split the $1000 appropriate to their service

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Or do drugs.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

$1000 for 43 straight hours of work is crazy.

There's $23 an hour, barely above what minimum wage should be, but working 6 consecutive shifts

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

$1000 for 43 straight hours of work is crazy.

There's $23 an hour, barely above what minimum wage should be, but working 6 consecutive shifts

Yeah but you can do it at home, potentially even while doing chores or something.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Just leave the movies running and remember to tweet "woah, epic!" or "lol, these quips are on point" every ten minutes while you go about your day and that $1000 is yours easy.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

^^lol, beaten

Guy A. Person posted:

Just to text a friend to log into your Twitter and live tweet a few of the movies while you sleep, split the $1000 appropriate to their service

With most apps you can schedule tweets so just set up a bunch in advance to pop off every 45 minutes or so. You don't even have to try to guess what you'll be watching at the time.

"Can't wait until Stan the Man shows up. RIP"
"These quips are top notch! They're why I'll never fall asleep!"
"Ohmigod, Chris is sooooo hot! Take it off, amirite?"

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Lobok posted:

"Ohmigod, Chris is sooooo hot! Take it off, amirite?"

lol this one is the best

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
They need to do some careful screening because I would be a little wary of letting a random marvel superfan start shooting off hot takes on Black Panther and Captain Marvel after 35+ hours of no sleep.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

In college I once stayed awake 72 hours to play through Vagrant Story and Diablo 2 when they came out. If I were young I may have been able to

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
poo poo, a thousand bucks to watch a bunch of movies I don't really like, most of which I've already seen? Where do I sign up?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

The MSJ posted:

That is so coool! I’d want the cane or the sign the most.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

There's $23 an hour, barely above what minimum wage should be

:psyduck:

How am I the first to call him out on this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?