Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

American McGay posted:

Weird anomaly: Burnout 3 was originally an Xbox Original game with 360 back compat and available as a digital purchase, but it doesn't currently have One back compat. Are there many more games like this? Seems like a weird outlier.

Crash: Wrath of Cortex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Song licensing maybe? Can't be bothered paying for the rights again when it won't sell heaps.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
That makes the most sense, considering it had some bangers on the soundtrack and it's almost 15 years old at this point.

That's a shame. I guess I'll just try out 4 although I remember not liking it as much as 3 at the time.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

American McGay posted:

Are there many more games like this? Seems like a weird outlier.

There were just over 1000 games released for the OG Xbox. Of those, 461 were made backwards compatible for the 360 while only 33 have been made available for the Xbone. So unfortunately no, statistically it’s more like the ones that are available are the outliers.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Freedom Fighters needs to be freed from its 2-generations-ago prison

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Also the Xbox originals that run on the 360 can run pretty terrible too. They have higher standards for the ones on the Xbox one (like running at higher resolution).

Its also very likely for a lot of those games the license was still active so they just threw it up on Xbox 360 if they could get the engine sort of running. By the time they're considering Xbox one they need to revisit licensing deals and it might not be worth it for some games.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I was playing BO:Paradise last weekend and Faith No More came on the radio and I was like "gently caress yeah that's my jam"

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Beastie posted:

BO:Paradise

Anyone else never seen it referred to that way before?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Yeah you're right I should have typed B:Paradise.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

A paradise for those with B.O.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TheScott2K posted:

A paradise for those with B.O.

Italy

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

I was gonna say evo 2019

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Smash Melee is only a side tourney this year

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Smash Melee is only a side tourney this year

what about Ultimate smash??

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Finster Dexter posted:

what about Ultimate smash??

Yeah your moms on the main stage sunday

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
f
o
l
k
s

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yeah your moms on the main stage sunday

:ohno:

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I found out the xbox one s or x only does hdr on 4k, 1080 or 1440 or 2k hdr monitors even though you can go enable hdr 10 it won't actually expose it to the apps or games as in xbox mind hdr = 4k

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Ineffiable posted:

Also the Xbox originals that run on the 360 can run pretty terrible too. They have higher standards for the ones on the Xbox one (like running at higher resolution).

Its also very likely for a lot of those games the license was still active so they just threw it up on Xbox 360 if they could get the engine sort of running. By the time they're considering Xbox one they need to revisit licensing deals and it might not be worth it for some games.

Eh, but the Xbone simply has much more power to toss at running original Xbox games than the 360 did. It's amazing the backwards compatibility on the 360 performs as well as it does.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Is the Xbox one thing where you can stream games from your PC available yet? I was going to try it out yesterday but couldn't figure out how to access that feature.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

DrNutt posted:

Is the Xbox one thing where you can stream games from your PC available yet? I was going to try it out yesterday but couldn't figure out how to access that feature.

It's supposed to work now, but it's kind of stupid in that you have to initiate the connection from the PC. It's not like steam link where you can initiate from the steam link device. If you have winders 10, you have to hit WIN+P and then it's supposed to show something like "project to wireless display". This has literally never worked for me, though, despite having the xbone and pc on the exact same network. Guess I can't throw my steam link away quite yet.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Finster Dexter posted:

It's supposed to work now, but it's kind of stupid in that you have to initiate the connection from the PC. It's not like steam link where you can initiate from the steam link device. If you have winders 10, you have to hit WIN+P and then it's supposed to show something like "project to wireless display". This has literally never worked for me, though, despite having the xbone and pc on the exact same network. Guess I can't throw my steam link away quite yet.

There is some app that you need to install on the xbox for it to work

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Lol I thought there might be an app but I looked through like the last hundred recent apps on the store and most of it is moon language or shovelware garbage. They are apparently happy to bury their own features under miles of poo poo.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
You need this app:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/wireless-display/9nblggh3zw34?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's called the Wireless Display App ef;b

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

It also requires Miracast, which my GPU, despite being able to do nvidia's hardware streaming, can't do.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Sweet, I can finally get around to playing Fallout 4. Gamepass is great.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Celexi posted:

There is some app that you need to install on the xbox for it to work

Lol yes I have that installed.

I would think a 1080 Ti would be able to handle this. I've also read that the widi is very laggy, which is gonna be funny when Microsoft rolls out xcloud. Not sure how they are going to deliver low latency streaming over internet when they can't figure it out on the same local network.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
Sorry if this the wrong thread for this, but is there a Crossout thread around, and maybe even a goon clan for it?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Finster Dexter posted:

Lol yes I have that installed.

I would think a 1080 Ti would be able to handle this. I've also read that the widi is very laggy, which is gonna be funny when Microsoft rolls out xcloud. Not sure how they are going to deliver low latency streaming over internet when they can't figure it out on the same local network.

I see your issue, your PC probably is connected via Ethernet and doesn't have wifi or it's disabled, it uses WiFi direct for the casting so it needs that, it is stupid to not do it over Ethernet thought

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

HerStuddMuffin posted:

Sorry if this the wrong thread for this, but is there a Crossout thread around, and maybe even a goon clan for it?

wtf is crossout

Celexi posted:

I see your issue, your PC probably is connected via Ethernet and doesn't have wifi or it's disabled, it uses WiFi direct for the casting so it needs that, it is stupid to not do it over Ethernet thought

Is that really the issue? Wow. Should it work if I put the xbone on wi-fi then?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Finster Dexter posted:

Is that really the issue? Wow. Should it work if I put the xbone on wi-fi then?

xbox can be on ethernet, your computer can be as well, it just has to have wifi active so it uses the wifi for wifi direct

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1108351265505828864
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (March 21st)
  • What Remains of Edith Finch (March 21st)
  • The Walking Dead: Michonne (March 28)
  • Vampyr (March 28)
  • Operencia: The Stolen Sun (March 29)
  • Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite (April 1)
  • Minecraft (April 4)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Everyone should play What Remains of Edith Finch.

Had no idea that was even on Xbox. I thought Sony owned Giant Sparrow, huh.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fanatic posted:

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1108351265505828864
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (March 21st)
  • What Remains of Edith Finch (March 21st)
  • The Walking Dead: Michonne (March 28)
  • Vampyr (March 28)
  • Operencia: The Stolen Sun (March 29)
  • Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite (April 1)
  • Minecraft (April 4)

This is not a very hard choice imo

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Beastie posted:

I was playing BO:Paradise last weekend and Faith No More came on the radio and I was like "gently caress yeah that's my jam"

This but it was Forza Horizon 2 and "Debaser" by the Pixies.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Hell yeah, been meaning to play Edith Finch and MvC:I. Has there ever been any official word on how long we can expect games to stick around on game pass? I still want to play the new Tomb Raider, but it's gonna be awhile before I can get some time to renew my game pass subscription and play these games. Been tackling my backlog and having a blast doing so.

Speaking of backlog, I've been playing Alan Wake for the first time and man am I glad my first hour's impression didn't prevent me from pushing forward. The controls were pretty bad, and the camera was frustrating to use (keeps reverting back to over the left shoulder no matter how many times I switch to over the right shoulder view), and it generally just seemed like a cheesy game. I was seriously questioning why so many people raved about it. I just finished Chapter 3 and I'm having a blast with it so far though! It's actually pretty drat scary at parts, and the combat is pretty neat. The story and characters have definitely grown on me too. I don't know what it is about these Twin Peaks-esque style games that hook me. Deadly Premonition is probably one of the worst controlling and playing games I've ever experienced, but drat is everything else top notch!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Oh rad I want to play Vampyr but keep missing it on sales because it's not a 60 dollar game lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It seems like it might be the greatest game ever for like 10-20 mins but its probably not even a good game after a few hours based on my experience playing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
can't wait to play Halo: Reach in MCC :cool: