Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
who are the worst online fans though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

snoremac posted:

who are the worst online fans though

If the Saints lose to the Suns in round 1 it'll be Saints fans (mainly cause of all the shitposting I'll be doing in this thread).

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

thepokey posted:

The worst I’ve experienced are Richmond fans (by far), Adelaide, Collingwood fans up there too. Richmond the most outright feral and aggressive, Adelaide the most racist, and Collingwood the drunkest/mob mentality type.

Best have been Suns, GWS and Brisbane since they only have 7 fans between them here.

I'm pretty sure you mean Port Adelaide :colbert: They're the ones that have fans committing racist acts every second match.

I always assumed Adelaide fans are just inoffensive and boring because when they're losing they just sit in stunned silence and when they're winning they just monotonously chant "A-DE-LAIDE *clap clap clap*" over and over again.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

Periphery posted:

If the Saints lose to the Suns in round 1 it'll be Saints fans (mainly cause of all the shitposting I'll be doing in this thread).

Honestly I found the Saints v Suns a tough one to tip. This is despite the wholesale loss of talent the Suns copped in the offseason and the game being played in Melbourne

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I don’t think I’ve ever heard joe Daniher speak before, I hate it

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

snaeksikn posted:

Honestly I found the Saints v Suns a tough one to tip. This is despite the wholesale loss of talent the Suns copped in the offseason and the game being played in Melbourne

Considering the Saints were seconds away from losing to the Suns last year (and should have after being 5 goals down at 3 quarter time) that's a pretty fair assessment imo. Saints should win but who the gently caress knows.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/Adrian_Poly/status/1108280964294180864

yikes.

Also, tipping! The AFL season begins tomorrow!

:siren: Join the goon tipping squad! :siren:

If you're new or got purged the link is thus:
http://www.footytips.com.au/comps/SASTips
pw: goons

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Worst fans I've experienced were Richmond fans. I'm not sure if it was representative of all Richmond fans or if I was seated near a group from a special school but there were a couple of people yelling "CLAW HIM!!!" at the top of their lungs every time one of their players looked like laying a tackle.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Basketball not AFL but

https://twitter.com/tomsteinfort/status/1108144910123716608

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Ben Simmons is a good guy who plays in a sport filled with monsters and giants

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1107400160982851584

Like, the shortest starter on his team is 198cm, the tallest is #21 there, a 218cm 127kg physics defying Cameroonian superhuman, and the tallest guy they have is the second unit Serbian centre who is 222cm, can dunk without jumping, and can gently cradle an entire basketball in one hand (and is also featuring as an assassin in the third John Wick movie). Mean time the guy he's trading dunks with is the same height as Aaron Sandilands, has a 221cm wingpsan, and is so freakishly athletic he makes Sandilands look like a pole concreted into the ground.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Mar 20, 2019

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Solemn Sloth posted:

I don’t think I’ve ever heard joe Daniher speak before, I hate it
Does he have that same Riverina drawl as his folks?

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

cmndstab posted:

I'm pretty sure you mean Port Adelaide :colbert: They're the ones that have fans committing racist acts every second match.

I always assumed Adelaide fans are just inoffensive and boring because when they're losing they just sit in stunned silence and when they're winning they just monotonously chant "A-DE-LAIDE *clap clap clap*" over and over again.

Can’t really speak to Adelaide crowds in Adelaide to be fair. But here, I’ve just had a weirdly high number of games I’ve been to where tiny isolated pockets of Crows fans have just been super racist. The worst of which I think i mentioned here when we had to call security over on a guy racially abusing my cousin’s girlfriend.

I think ultimately though, all clubs have a huge number of poo poo fans. All you gotta do is look at the comments section on social media and it’s a smorgasbord of awful people who you’d also have to share space with at the footy.

Mind you, the only 2 times I’ve ever felt unsafe at the footy was during the last quarter of Sheedy/Hird’s farewell match against West Coast in Perth when it looked like we were on a comeback and when I got talked into sitting in the Richmond member’s section and I laughed loud enough for them to notice when they were melting down over an umpiring decision that went against them.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Sports fans are terrible

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Chairchucker posted:

Sports fans are terrible

As are australians

Which does not bode well for Australian sports fans

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

thepokey posted:

Can’t really speak to Adelaide crowds in Adelaide to be fair. But here, I’ve just had a weirdly high number of games I’ve been to where tiny isolated pockets of Crows fans have just been super racist. The worst of which I think i mentioned here when we had to call security over on a guy racially abusing my cousin’s girlfriend.

I think ultimately though, all clubs have a huge number of poo poo fans. All you gotta do is look at the comments section on social media and it’s a smorgasbord of awful people who you’d also have to share space with at the footy.

Mind you, the only 2 times I’ve ever felt unsafe at the footy was during the last quarter of Sheedy/Hird’s farewell match against West Coast in Perth when it looked like we were on a comeback and when I got talked into sitting in the Richmond member’s section and I laughed loud enough for them to notice when they were melting down over an umpiring decision that went against them.

Yeah, fair call. Sorry to hear that happened to you and your cousin's girlfriend.

I think in general the worst examples come from fans who are used to being in the overwhelming majority and suddenly find themselves in the minority, which typically means the big Victorian teams away from home, and the SA/WA teams away from home. Those fans are used to being able to say whatever they want and having everyone in the crowd on their side, and suddenly it's a hostile atmosphere and they go off the deep end a bit.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

Chairchucker posted:

Sports fans are terrible

this is the correct response

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I think I’ve now done literally all I can do for Melbourne.

There’s a mini-sloth on the way due grand final week.

If being unable to watch the game itself doesn’t spur the dees on to win a flag I don’t know what can.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Solemn Sloth posted:

If being unable to watch the game itself doesn’t spur the dees on to win a flag I don’t know what can.

May he rant at the failures of a football team for the better part of a century

Also congrats

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
The amount of hype on the demons has me expecting them to lose the first 6 games of the season and play catchup from there

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Solemn Sloth posted:

I tried this approach by having my little girl born in the week of the 2018 AFLW grand final and the Crows didn't even make it :smith:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
gently caress yes! finally.

https://twitter.com/aflwomens/status/1108602514365046786

Also, footy starts in under 2 hours, get your tips in etc.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Solemn Sloth posted:

Odds on it being called Max/Maxine?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The Deadly Hume posted:

Odds on it being called Max/Maxine?

Is there a feminine equivalent of Clayton?

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
FOOTY

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
still the best Facebook footy page

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

Ben Simmons is a good guy who plays in a sport filled with monsters and giants

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1107400160982851584

Like, the shortest starter on his team is 198cm, the tallest is #21 there, a 218cm 127kg physics defying Cameroonian superhuman, and the tallest guy they have is the second unit Serbian centre who is 222cm, can dunk without jumping, and can gently cradle an entire basketball in one hand (and is also featuring as an assassin in the third John Wick movie). Mean time the guy he's trading dunks with is the same height as Aaron Sandilands, has a 221cm wingpsan, and is so freakishly athletic he makes Sandilands look like a pole concreted into the ground.

it's loving brilliant, and a few of the other fun and high-level players in the league are normal-sized guys raining shots from the center logo nightly.

oh hey Tiges up big at halftime who woulda thought that coming into this game.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Can’t wait for footy to start tomorrow night!

Solemn Sloth posted:

Congrats MUYB

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

2019 Virgin Australia AFL Women's All Australian squad

Adelaide: Chelsea Randall, Jess Foley, Marijana Rajcic, Ebony Marinoff, Sarah Allan, Anne Hatchard, Erin Phillips, Stevie-Lee Thompson, Eloise Jones

Brisbane: Ally Anderson, Nat Exon, Kate Lutkins, Jess Wuetschner

Carlton: Kerryn Harrington, Gabbie Pound, Maddie Prespakis, Brianna Davey

Collingwood: Ash Brazill, Jaimee Lambert

Fremantle: Kiara Bowers, Kellie Gibson, Sabreena Duffy, Ebony Antonio, Gemma Houghton, Dana Hooker

Geelong: Meg McDonald, Maddy McMahon

Greater Western Sydney: Alyce Parker, Rebecca Beeson

Melbourne: Tegan Cunningham, Lauren Pearce, Elise O’Dea, Karen Paxman

North Melbourne: Emma King, Jasmine Garner, Emma Kearney, Jenna Bruton, Jess Duffin

Western Bulldogs: Ellie Blackburn, Monique Conti

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Imagine if we had of showed up in the first quarter.

Good fightback but i reckon we'll fall short at the end.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

lol richmond

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Martin is over the hill

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Go tiges! Sorry blues. Fans got to stay most of the game this time though?

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Bad time for the forums to go haywire when Richmond is warming up 9th spot already.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

NTRabbit posted:

2019 Virgin Australia AFL Women's All Australian squad

Adelaide: Chelsea Randall, Jess Foley, Marijana Rajcic, Ebony Marinoff, Sarah Allan, Anne Hatchard, Erin Phillips, Stevie-Lee Thompson, Eloise Jones

Brisbane: Ally Anderson, Nat Exon, Kate Lutkins, Jess Wuetschner

Carlton: Kerryn Harrington, Gabbie Pound, Maddie Prespakis, Brianna Davey

Collingwood: Ash Brazill, Jaimee Lambert

Fremantle: Kiara Bowers, Kellie Gibson, Sabreena Duffy, Ebony Antonio, Gemma Houghton, Dana Hooker

Geelong: Meg McDonald, Maddy McMahon

Greater Western Sydney: Alyce Parker, Rebecca Beeson

Melbourne: Tegan Cunningham, Lauren Pearce, Elise O’Dea, Karen Paxman

North Melbourne: Emma King, Jasmine Garner, Emma Kearney, Jenna Bruton, Jess Duffin

Western Bulldogs: Ellie Blackburn, Monique Conti

Stiff for alison downie to miss out, probably the best ruck in the league in terms of effective hitouts, but a pretty good list with a few newcomers.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Really pleased to see Allan and Rajcic recognised. They've both had amazing seasons, but they're the kind of players that are easy to disregard if you're not following their team each week. I don't think Allan has been beaten all season and Rajcic has been nearly as good.

Allan in particular deserves to make the final team, but not sure that she will.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

NTRabbit posted:

Is there a feminine equivalent of Clayton?

Claylee

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Last time Rance missed a game was R6-7 2016 due to suspension for punching Jack Watts in the back of the head on the ground after losing a marking contest

Here’s their record in matches he has missed since debuting

R7 Loss MCG HAW 90-136
R6 Loss MCG PTA 59-94
R6 Loss MCG HAW 52-118
R5 Win Gabba BRI 106-63
R4 Loss MCG COL 72-110
R3 Loss Etihad WBD 98-100
R2 Win MCG CAR 98-86
R4 Loss MCG COL 90-161
R3 Loss MCG HAW 52-115
R2 Draw MCG STK 95-95
R20 Loss MCG CAR 67-156
R19 Loss MCG MEL 80-109
R18 Win MCG ADE 100-80
R16 Loss MCG NTH 53-103
R15 Win Etihad FRE 100-81
R14 Win MCG SYD 95-89
R13 Win Gabba BRI 105-86
R12 Win MCG WCE 126-77
R11 Loss Etihad STK 59-97
R10 Win AAMI PTA 77-30
R2 Loss MCG WBD 48-120
R1 Loss MCG CAR 64-120
R18 Win MCG MEL 86-82
R17 Win MCG ESS 101-96
R14 Loss Metricon ADE 85-102
R10 Win DOM FRE 115-112
R9 Loss MCG ESS 85-125
R8 Loss AAMI PTA 99-102
(debut R2)

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Not sure what your point is. They would’ve lost most pre-2013 games with or without him.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snoremac posted:

Not sure what your point is. They would’ve lost most pre-2013 games with or without him.

Yeah, the record is more for fun than anything else. The more important point is I’m not sure they even know how to play without him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

In general play they can probably cover him better, but the injury and 6-6-6 leaves them way more vulnerable to a strong centre clearance team imo.