Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Was it just me, or was Shuli was really projecting his own insecurities onto Brent when he was attacking him over his swinging?

Like it got under Brent skin, but I really feel like Shuli was reaching hard just to dig in. Brent's right, this poo poo goes at it's own pace... the people who dive in headfirst are the first to burn out and ruin their relationships. And yes, Brent is not as attractive as his wife, but that's not uncommon, because physical attractiveness isn't near as important to women, specially horn dogs like his wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Squashy Nipples posted:

Was it just me, or was Shuli was really projecting his own insecurities onto Brent when he was attacking him over his swinging?

Like it got under Brent skin, but I really feel like Shuli was reaching hard just to dig in. Brent's right, this poo poo goes at it's own pace... the people who dive in headfirst are the first to burn out and ruin their relationships. And yes, Brent is not as attractive as his wife, but that's not uncommon, because physical attractiveness isn't near as important to women, specially horn dogs like his wife.

I def thought he, and to an extent some of the others really weren't letting Brent explain poo poo properly. They were just interrupting him because "its good radio".

Brent could probably have shut him the gently caress up by asking this: "Do all girls gently caress on the first date"? In other words, some girls do, some don't. I'd imagine its the exact same thing with swingers.

JDee
Nov 27, 2006
goon

euphronius posted:

Dentures, emphysema , dementia , long term smoking

Imus is def dentures and emphysema

I think Stern already suffers from early dementia. He forgets tons of things now and thinks Monmouth is a mammoth

JDee fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Mar 22, 2019

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Let's tell jokes in the style of Jackie.

What was Eric the Migets favorite store?

Radioshack..ACK ACK ACK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-I68izfhLM

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Bonzo posted:

Let's tell jokes in the style of Jackie.

What was Eric the Migets favorite store?

Radioshack..ACK ACK ACK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-I68izfhLM

All the best Jackie material would end up garnering a racism ban.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwHUA5R1PKM

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Jackie did a stand up set for my college's "Spring Fling" one year. This was in Philly, at the height of his terrestrial domination, and the crowd was full of rowdy, drunken fratboys.

His racist material killed. The worse it was, the more they ate it up with drunken glee.

He tried one weed joke that fell completely flat, and then doubled down on the bad racial humor.

A classic, love it!

Fred playing Jackie laughs during the news is still funny, long after he is gone, but it was definitely a different dynamic to do while the man was sitting right there. :haw:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Holy gently caress, I was thinking about that clip when I was reading the post above mine!! I downloaded that poo poo a hundred years ago.

thumper57
Feb 26, 2004

1-4-3, it's the code that you type!
1-4-3, if you're FUCKIN SAL'S WIIIIIIFE

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
So on Monday, Howard was defending/promoting this youtuber, Olivia Jade. After all the bashing of podcasting he finally endorses one..... and its pretty loving lame. Maybe he's campaigning for an interview, which would wouldn't be much better, but at least it'd be something...

He did some alright riffing, but mostly it was pretty flat. I wish it was just some fourth-wall self-deprecating comedy bit, making fun of both of them, but that's my own fantasy.

After being a full-blown fan for around seven year, this won't be the straw that broke the camels back, but it's just another bad taste in my mouth.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think some of the things Howard does are advertisements, for money!!!

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

He probably wants to gently caress her but would rather dance around the subject because she's 19 and instead pretend like her "influencer" poo poo is actually interesting or relevant to a 65 year old.

Wow, she gives good advice about makeup, Robin!

(bides times until Beth goes out of town to jerk off to vapid barely legal social media idiot)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Johnny-on-the-Spot posted:

So on Monday, Howard was defending/promoting this youtuber, Olivia Jade. After all the bashing of podcasting he finally endorses one..... and its pretty loving lame. Maybe he's campaigning for an interview, which would wouldn't be much better, but at least it'd be something...

He did some alright riffing, but mostly it was pretty flat. I wish it was just some fourth-wall self-deprecating comedy bit, making fun of both of them, but that's my own fantasy.

After being a full-blown fan for around seven year, this won't be the straw that broke the camels back, but it's just another bad taste in my mouth.

She's probably got Don Buchwald as her agent.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Why are you conflating you tubers with podcasts.

Not criticizing you I am just confused

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Johnny-on-the-Spot posted:

There's no way. no. way. That Howard didn't donate money to his daughter's colleges. I'm not saying they weren't smart enough to get in on their own by c'mon.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

euphronius posted:

I think it's a matter of Howard never really recognizing or respecting other forms of broadcasting or hosting of a show. I don't think it's a stretch to have assumed that his attitude and opinion of youtubers mirrored his of podcasters.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Yeah donating money is the legal way to bribe your way I into university. My impression was that these kids were too spoiled and hopeless to even play the game (do some sports and extracurriculars) that they needed to straight up bribe their way in.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

EngineerJoe posted:

Yeah donating money is the legal way to bribe your way I into university. My impression was that these kids were too spoiled and hopeless to even play the game (do some sports and extracurriculars) that they needed to straight up bribe their way in.

The Sopranos had a B plot on college and that was at least 20 years ago. Meadow is accepted to some big university and the dean (or some other high ranking official) schmoozes Carmella to donate 20k so that Meadow can have the best education possible. Oh and they were able to find out how much they donated to Meadow's private high school. Tony knows it's a scam and refuses but had to relent in the end.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

the door for you

euphronius posted:

Rupert hit it on the head. I couldn't say it better myself.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

In Wendy Williams news, her husband's mistress gave birth on Monday. oops.

That makes this even funnier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CNHwhHWPoQ

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I think Wendy went to the same tit doctor as Stormy Daniels.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Bonzo posted:

In Wendy Williams news, her husband's mistress gave birth on Monday. oops.

That makes this even funnier.

Don't make me feel bad for Wendy Williams.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I'm running late, but I have now listened to Howard's on air book promotion. There is no question whatsoever that his secret is a cancer scare. He keeps saying that only his family and Robin knows what the secret is and when Gary referred to his day off he told him to stop. He also said he wrote the book as his legacy after "the lie" inspired him to do so. No question in my mind that he had a cancer scare a couple of years ago and had an outpatient procedure to remove something.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lifespan posted:

I'm running late, but I have now listened to Howard's on air book promotion. There is no question whatsoever that his secret is a cancer scare. He keeps saying that only his family and Robin knows what the secret is and when Gary referred to his day off he told him to stop. He also said he wrote the book as his legacy after "the lie" inspired him to do so. No question in my mind that he had a cancer scare a couple of years ago and had an outpatient procedure to remove something.

I am making a jerkoff motion with my hand and rolling my eyes. (At Howard, not at you.)

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Lifespan posted:

I totally believe this, but I also believe that whatever he had removed was just a pimple, or a scab, or an imaginary tick.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Squashy Nipples posted:

whatever he had removed was just a pimple, or a scab, or an imaginary tick

Isn't Benjy still on the show?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Isn't Benjy still on the show?

That reads like it could be a joke Benjy had written. Meta. Well done.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

prefect posted:

I am making a jerkoff motion with my hand and rolling my eyes. (At Howard, not at you.)

Squashy Nipples posted:

I totally believe this, but I also believe that whatever he had removed was just a pimple, or a scab, or an imaginary tick.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Sand Monster posted:

That reads like it could be a joke Benjy had written. Meta. Well done.

*quiet background Benjy chuckle*

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

*quiet background Benjy chuckle*

I used to always enjoy hearing that.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

If Howard got cancer, couldn't he cure it with Dr. Sarno's book?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

haljordan posted:

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

haljordan posted:

No, that is only the cure for homosexuality:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sand Monster posted:

No, that is only the cure for homosexuality:

Is that the new book??

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

euphronius posted:

Is that the new book??

No, I think it's "Miss America", or the "I was out of my mind back then, right Robin?" phase of his career.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I can't see Howard staying quiet about a cancer scare, considering how much he talks about his health and how much of a hypochondriac he is. Howard's not missing out on the chance to constantly complain about his illness.

If it's a secret, then I think it would be something that he was embarrassed about or was something that he was asked to keep quiet about at the time and is no longer a factor.

I know the death of his father is an idea that is thrown around a lot, but there's no way that could be kept quiet for so long.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I don't think the rumor was ever Ben's death, but that he had to be put in a home, or needed 24/7 in home nursing. You know Rae would fight that!

Strangers in my house? FEH!
Who needs that?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Deaths are public record and unless he shipped his dad out to podunk Iowa TMZ would have tipster leak to them from any NYC hospital. Also using your dead dad as bait to sell your book is super gross even for stern

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Yeah, no way it is a death and his parents being in elder care is definitely not worthy of teasing. They kept Robin's issues secret for a long time and I don't believe Stern was ever getting chemo or anything, probably just got a cancerous cyst removed before it spread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

the door for you
A cancer scare just doesn't sound like a great revelation me. It could be it, but I'm doubtful. I was thinking he might admit to cheating on Allison, but that might be too big a secret to reveal in the hopes of preserving his legacy.