Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Season 2 had a badass trailer, and Season 3 topped and murdered it. Beyond hyped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
What doe Leo say at the end there when the girl says that to him? I can't tell.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

"Rick fuckin' Dalton." Leo plays a guy named Rick Dalton.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hollismason posted:

What doe Leo say at the end there when the girl says that to him? I can't tell.

Great fuckin note

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

Great fuckin note

lol this is even better.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

That would've been better, but he is just saying his name.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

Season 2 had a badass trailer, and Season 3 topped and murdered it. Beyond hyped.

Glad they didn't show her 'sister' (unless I missed it) as that was the weakest part of season 2 to me. Loved the - 'how many children are you friends with?' tag at the end. Needs to stay just a little bit silly to keep my nostalgia satiated.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Teenage Fansub posted:

That would've been better, but he is just saying his name.

He does not.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Now I’m convinced this is the new Yanny Laurel Blue white dress thing.

Release the script Tarantino

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Oh you were serious. I doubt he would be talking about notes, that's fairly Hollywood insider-y.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Cacator posted:

Tarantino has been living and breathing the 60s/70s in his movies for like 30 years though.

Yes, but influence and pastiche are more fun than just going overtly 1969.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

kiimo posted:

Oh you were serious. I doubt he would be talking about notes, that's fairly Hollywood insider-y.

people are debating what he says. I can hear both things. But great fuckin note makes it funnier to me and more Tarantino esq.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I think that's hilarious, too, but I definitely heard the name. Maybe this is the blue dress thing but I was listening with very expensive headphones...

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I heard "Great loving note" too.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Ariza posted:

Glad they didn't show her 'sister' (unless I missed it) as that was the weakest part of season 2 to me. Loved the - 'how many children are you friends with?' tag at the end. Needs to stay just a little bit silly to keep my nostalgia satiated.

Episode 7 was a fuckin' train wreck. They had grand designs of using it as the jumping point for a spin-off but that's never going to happen as it's the worst rated episode of the series. IIRC the Danish actress that played Eleven's sister was cast because Millie Bobby Brown thought they tested together really well and I guess the producers just went "ok, fiiiiine".

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
In terms of what he says. I am pretty sure it's Rick fuckin' Dalton. But he says Dalton in that southern one-syllable way so it muddies it.

Great fuckin' note would work too and be funny, but in context of what to end the trailer on (based on his ego they highlight in the rest of trailer) it just makes sense that it'd be his name. In a sort of "pump yourself up" egotistical kinda way.

So, in conclusion, him saying his name makes more sense in context of the tone of the trailer.

Thank you for listening.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0FnJDhY9-0

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU8-7BX9uxs

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Holy poo poo.

Hook straight into my veins!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

More scenes of dog weaponization, a Matrix reference, and impressive displays of knife culture. A great trailer.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Whoever decided to cast Halle Berry in this movie, and not Carrie-Anne Moss, really hosed up.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

I am here for this good-looking movie opposing gentrification.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 8 days!)

that looks really cool

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

That trailer is fuckin fresh

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

This rules so hard - the rare amazing trilogy.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Sirotan posted:

Whoever decided to cast Halle Berry in this movie, and not Carrie-Anne Moss, really hosed up.

I agree, but am willing to settle for dog-deploying Berry.

Nice to see Mark Dacascos again too

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

davidspackage posted:

Drive (1997) is on Amazon Prime, and anyone who likes 90s action movies really needs to make sure they see it. "How is this not a big, well known film?" - people who have seen Drive.

Hunterhr
Jan 4, 2007

And The Beast, Satan said unto the LORD, "You Fucking Suck" and juked him out of his goddamn shoes
That Matrix reference pleased me greatly.

It's me, I'm the lowest common denominator. :v:

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

I actually can't tell if this is all new footage or not, so kudos for nailing the look of the show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAcftIUE6MQ

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Man, that's beautiful.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

That trailer legit made me want to do a photo walk right now in San Francisco. That last shot just looked great, goddamn.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

morestuff posted:

I actually can't tell if this is all new footage or not, so kudos for nailing the look of the show

It's new, McRaney and Molly Parker look noticably older, just to name two. Amazingly Ian McShane exactly the same as he did 15 years ago, he ages like Tom Jones.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

davidspackage posted:

Agreed. He’s one of those martial artists that’s just a joy to watch.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Drive (1997) is on Amazon Prime, and anyone who likes 90s action movies really needs to make sure they see it. "How is this not a big, well known film?" - people who have seen Drive.

:agreed:

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

morestuff posted:

They better get the chinese dude back as well!!

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Syncopated posted:

Milch confirmed he was in it a while back

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

morestuff posted:

Milch confirmed he was in it a while back

Yeah, just saw it on imdb. Surprised they got so many old faces, but I guess none of them are that big huh

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
I loving love this because they all should've been this much older/haggard looking in the first place.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

gently caress yes

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Syncopated posted:

Who?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

morestuff posted:

Break out the peaches and cinnamon! :clint: