Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

C-Euro posted:

I love TAZ but I've hit the point in my MBMBAM backlog where that show is new and the ads for are real bad, mostly because they're not doing their proper character voices :argh:

Yeah that one's real bad, everything comes off sounding real forced and if you're not already a fan of the bros it sure doesn't sell you on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Waffleman_ posted:

Was that the one with a Yahoo that would have been so ripe to play with in the space, but they just squandered the opportunity and insulted the question asker a bunch?

That sounds right but honestly I’ve let it fall from my memory like a rotten appendage

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

docbeard posted:

All I've heard are their occasional promos and from that I've formed the opinion that it's just a monkeycheese nonsense show and I already have the inside of my own head for that.

you mean like all of the mcelroy's content would come across if you weren't already a fan

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

are there some good crossover episodes people like? i've always skipped the ones on mbmbam and taz out of i guess laziness, but i've also never sought out their guest spots on other shows for the same reason so if any of those are good i might check them out

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I really like the brothers reviewing the Leprechaun reboot for the Flophouse and I know this is a massive minority opinion but I think the initial TAZ switcheroo that also had the flophouse guys was pretty good. Haven't listened to any of the others though apart from that one live show Stuart Wellington was on.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

oh god no i can't deal with this discussion again

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Yeah, have a new argument for once.

Like who did MSMSaM better, the in-laws or the Smirls?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I love the hogsbottom three

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

C-Euro posted:

I love TAZ but I've hit the point in my MBMBAM backlog where that show is new and the ads for are real bad, mostly because they're not doing their proper character voices :argh:

The more recent TAZ ads are also bad

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

CaptainViolence posted:

are there some good crossover episodes people like? i've always skipped the ones on mbmbam and taz out of i guess laziness, but i've also never sought out their guest spots on other shows for the same reason so if any of those are good i might check them out

I remember Oh No Ross and Carrie doing Sawbones being pretty good. Not like a shocking standout episode, but about as good as an episode of either podcast, so of you like one or the other you'll probably like it.

Sawbones doing ONRAC is loving dire, though.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
While I didn't like JJGo folks don't MBMBaM, I did enjoy the boys doing JJGo well enough, and I also enjoyed most of the Flophouse TAZ. I feel like I also might've liked what Dave and Graham did, but I honestly can't remember what show they switched with.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Two Bad Mothers, or whatever it's called. Abby was with them.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Great it's everyone hates Jesse Thorn season.

not an accurate description; seasons eventually end while thorne hatred is rightly eternal

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

We have adult tricycles at work. They are basically used like pickup trucks and have a big basket so we can get maintenance equipment to different shops quickly without traffic issues

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
lmfao back to back marriage proposals on episode 248

How pissed are you if you're the second guy who did it at that show, after the first guy stole your thunder?

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

The bros. trying to sing the JJGo theme makes the whole switcheroo thing worth it imo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kdm5L0nK7hA

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I wish the brothers had continued with TAZ (K)Nights on the bonus content, or as one of the mini-arcs between Balance and Amnesty. It was fun, but they spread it out so long between episodes that everyone forgot who the characters were. Maybe it's something they could circle back to after Amnesty is over, though I suspect they'll probably do Dust as their next big arc.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

I wish the brothers had continued with TAZ (K)Nights on the bonus content, or as one of the mini-arcs between Balance and Amnesty. It was fun, but they spread it out so long between episodes that everyone forgot who the characters were. Maybe it's something they could circle back to after Amnesty is over, though I suspect they'll probably do Dust as their next big arc.

Is this purely hypothetical, or is there actually talk of Amnesty ending at the moment?

Because boy, I still can't get into it.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Not Operator posted:

Is this purely hypothetical, or is there actually talk of Amnesty ending at the moment?

Because boy, I still can't get into it.

I think Griffin has said Amnesty is about half or slightly over half done. And we all know you can always trust Griffin's ability to estimate how long things will take in a game.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I’m a little bored with Amnesty at this point too, despite really enjoying the setting and concept for it. I think for me a lot of it has to do with Griffin’s NPCs. They’re mostly bland and he plays a lot of them the same way, same voice, almost with the same personality. Characters who initially seemed important like Mama and Agent Stern have been almost completely irrelevant and we’re halfway through already. The player characters are pretty enjoyable but without anyone to bounce off in interesting ways they’re not allowed to really shine. It’s as if Griffin is reluctant to have fun with the NPCs like he did with Angus, Garfield, Klaarg, and most of the other Balance characters.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
He's definitely says he's planning on it being shorter, but I also think he might've said that this is the second to last hunt. This one's got enough going on that it definitely feels like it's moving toward a finish.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

C-Euro posted:

I didn't listen for a long time, largely because I thought the ad said "I'm Taako, the elephant magician."

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Gravy Boat 2k
That crossover with Jordan Jesse Go is a good episode. Like the energy.

"CHUCK: gently caress/KILL/MARRY WITH FRED SAVAGE, ROB LOWE...AND ANOTHER FRED SAVAGE. GO."

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

There’s a live Sawbones Q&A happening on the Things I Bought At Sheetz channel right now. During the bit I watched I learned that there will be a Sawbones live in Salt Lake City at some point, and also that Justin kinda misses the jockstrap.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Ariong posted:

Justin kinda misses the jockstrap.

If he's looking for dick restraints, I know a website

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If you mean extremerestraints.com, they just have stuff like fish tanks and chicken pot pie recipes.

On the forums

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009
Sexual fish tanks only, though.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Those are the only kinds everyone has some needs for.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
This year's TAZ bonus episode is a lot of fun. It's incredibly stupid and very funny.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I haven't listened yet, but I assume they had a guest?

https://twitter.com/thefrozencity/status/1108395903059136512

e: Guess not, that's the Still Buffering thing this year.

Man, its absolutely insane to me that the maxfun donor content is still just hosted the way it is. You'd think they'd have accounts and logins or something instead of just a loose xml file.

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Mar 21, 2019

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Not Operator posted:

I haven't listened yet, but I assume they had a guest?

https://twitter.com/thefrozencity/status/1108395903059136512
The Still Buffering bonus ep was Rileigh Smirl running a D&D game (just the beginning of Lost Mines of Phandelver) for her sisters and mom. Sydnee was loving hilarious.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Colonel Whitey posted:

I’m a little bored with Amnesty at this point too, despite really enjoying the setting and concept for it. I think for me a lot of it has to do with Griffin’s NPCs. They’re mostly bland and he plays a lot of them the same way, same voice, almost with the same personality. Characters who initially seemed important like Mama and Agent Stern have been almost completely irrelevant and we’re halfway through already. The player characters are pretty enjoyable but without anyone to bounce off in interesting ways they’re not allowed to really shine. It’s as if Griffin is reluctant to have fun with the NPCs like he did with Angus, Garfield, Klaarg, and most of the other Balance characters.

It's the setting. With D&D you have all sorts of creatures and races to draw from. Amnesty has a few Sylvains, but in rural West Virginia your NPCs are pretty much going to be "Appalachian White Guy #8".

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

sticklefifer posted:

It's the setting. With D&D you have all sorts of creatures and races to draw from. Amnesty has a few Sylvains, but in rural West Virginia your NPCs are pretty much going to be "Appalachian White Guy #8".

I don’t really agree, you can come up with all kinds of different characters even if everyone’s just a human. In fact he has, he just hasn’t imbued them with any kind of unique personalities. Most of the more involved NPCs are Sylvanians, but they’re just kind of boring. Billy is the most fun character and he wasn’t even supposed to be anything.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Stroop There It Is posted:

The Still Buffering bonus ep was Rileigh Smirl running a D&D game (just the beginning of Lost Mines of Phandelver) for her sisters and mom. Sydnee was loving hilarious.

As much as I love Sydnee (which is a ton) she has the exact same voice as someone I know IRL that I hate.

Seriously a horrific person.

It's taken me ages to get over it.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I've just gotten over how she says stUFF

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Travis is doing a live cooking stream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8wPHLBv558

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

close your loving mouth travis

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Ariong posted:

There’s a live Sawbones Q&A happening on the Things I Bought At Sheetz channel right now. During the bit I watched I learned that there will be a Sawbones live in Salt Lake City at some point, and also that Justin kinda misses the jockstrap.

Did that recording end up anywhere? I missed this.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Alaois posted:

close your loving mouth travis

are you still on that 'soyboy' poo poo lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Still on justin's YouTube