Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Colonel Whitey posted:

I don’t really agree, you can come up with all kinds of different characters even if everyone’s just a human. In fact he has, he just hasn’t imbued them with any kind of unique personalities. Most of the more involved NPCs are Sylvanians, but they’re just kind of boring. Billy is the most fun character and he wasn’t even supposed to be anything.

This. The fact that every NPC has the potential to go into a momentum-stopping Heartfelt Monologue (TM) does not play well to Griffin's strengths at all. It's why I'm starting to skip Adventure Zone until an arc is wrapped up. It makes that sort of thing much more tolerable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

A Moose posted:

Did that recording end up anywhere? I missed this.

https://youtu.be/jhO79VEjy6k

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

flatluigi posted:

are you still on that 'soyboy' poo poo lmao

first off I don't know what "still" is supposed to imply, second off it's every loving picture he's in and it sucks rear end

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

flatluigi posted:

are you still on that 'soyboy' poo poo lmao

what on earth

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009

Alaois posted:

first off I don't know what "still" is supposed to imply, second off it's every loving picture he's in and it sucks rear end

I agree that it’s a weird look, but this seems like an unhealthily strong reaction to looking at someone else’s smile.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Silynt posted:

I agree that it’s a weird look, but this seems like an unhealthily strong reaction to looking at someone else’s smile.

he's not smiling, his mouth is gaping open and I don't want to look down a man's throat every time i see a picture of him

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Red pill/MGTOW/Ben Shapiro followers really really hate that smile (known as the "soyboy smile") because something something feminization/decline of western culture/white genocide. Most other people don't have strong reactions to that kind of smile either way.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

what the gently caress is wrong with you people

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Thank Travis for Travis

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009

creationist believer posted:

Red pill/MGTOW/Ben Shapiro followers really really hate that smile (known as the "soyboy smile") because something something feminization/decline of western culture/white genocide. Most other people don't have strong reactions to that kind of smile either way.

Learn something new every day, I had no idea this was a thing.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Alaois posted:

Yeah, this.

I thank Travis for Travis but he just looks like a dink with his mouth ALWAYS open

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This is easily the dumbest complaint I have ever read in this thread

The dumbest

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Alaois posted:

Okay, it seems like you're genuinely not in the know on this one. Lucky you. Let me ruin your day by telling you a bit about the dumbass world of online alt-right culture: Internet Nazis have decided that smiling with your mouth open is a sign of weakness in males (they also hate hair dyed bright colors). I know that sounds incredibly stupid, but it's true and they've made it a whole big thing for years and won't shut up about it. From what I've seen of your posting you're not a Nazi, you're just a person who thinks open mouth smiles look doofy (which I don't totally agree with, but to each their own). However, because complaining about open mouth smiling is something that has become so closely associated with internet Nazis, when you complain about open mouth smiles on the internet people might assume you are in fact a Nazi even when you're not.

It's not really fair, but "complaining about open mouth smiles" is just one of the many things Nazis have ruined by association, just like how they ruin Western Civilization as a whole.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Mar 21, 2019

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

it's apparently not actually that closely associated with nazis

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Just makes me think of mouthbreathers and their almost universally awful breath. Seems like bad manners to me

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

creationist believer posted:

This is such a terminally Online post and I hate that I can't unread it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Okay, it seems like you're genuinely not in the know on this one. Lucky you. Let me ruin your day by telling you a bit about the dumbass world of online alt-right culture: Internet Nazis have decided that smiling with your mouth open is a sign of weakness in males (they also hate hair dyed bright colors). I know that sounds incredibly stupid, but it's true and they've made it a whole big thing for years and won't shut up about it. From what I've seen of your posting you're not a Nazi, you're just a person who thinks open mouth smiles look doofy (which I don't totally agree with, but to each their own). However, because complaining about open mouth smiling is something that has become so closely associated with internet Nazis, when you complain about open mouth smiles on the internet people might assume you are in fact a Nazi even when you're not.

It's not really fair, but "complaining about open mouth smiles" is just one of the many things Nazis have ruined by association, just like how they ruin Western Civilization as a whole.

I don't think they were talking about his smile.

Travis' neutral position is usually with his mouth hanging open.
It's weird and reasonable to comment on it without dipping into Nazism.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I did notice him do that on the tv show, and I thought it was on purpose to look shocked.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Not Operator posted:

I did notice him do that on the tv show, and I thought it was on purpose to look shocked.

It's probably a contributing factor to his life-long speech impediment. I'd wager it's not on purpose at all.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Travis is 2 dogs disguised as a human and they haven't figured out that humans don't pant all the time

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I would have guessed dog with human hands and also human body.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

This explains why Griffin wants dogs to vote

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

The internet must be destroyed.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
you wish it was limited to just stuff on the internet

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I can understand these days how expressing a positive emotion might seem strange and unnatural to many people.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

flatluigi posted:

you wish it was limited to just stuff on the internet

Indeed, case in point: the mass shooting that just happened in New Zealand.

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009

A Moose posted:

Did that recording end up anywhere? I missed this.

I don’t think yesterday’s is up anywhere (could be wrong), but they did another tonight and the VOD is up on the McElroy Family YouTube channel.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Doesn't Travis have a speech impediment or a weird tongue thing or something. I can't remember. He's mentioned his open mouth thing before.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

Alaois posted:

Whoooooo giiiiiiives a shiiiiiit

The things people come up with to bitch about in this thread just astonish me sometimes

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

The Honey Heist is a very good bonus, although I agree with the poster who said they with there had been more Knights. Or just more TAZ Knights generally.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Now who's the narc???

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Is Ned feeling :siren::siren::siren:LUCKY:siren::siren::siren:?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

quote:

It’s not just politics where Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 takes a progressive approach. The character creator, which players get to use twice – once at the start to define your human aspects and then a second time later in the game to flesh out your vampire – goes way beyond basic male and female models. Body type, gender pronouns, employment history and fashion can all be toyed with for a very modular build.

I cannot wait for the Monster Factory episode on this one.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Ariong posted:

I cannot wait for the Monster Factory episode on this one.
can't wait to see neon makeup textures on a Nosferatu

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Not Operator posted:

The Honey Heist is a very good bonus, although I agree with the poster who said they with there had been more Knights. Or just more TAZ Knights generally.

https://twitter.com/thebadbucket/status/1109157775429361664?s=19

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I haven't heard the episode, but if I had to guess:

Top Hat bear = Justin

Grizly Bear in Bumble Bee outfit = Travis

Tiny Bear in Crown = Clint

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I haven't heard the episode, but if I had to guess:

Top Hat bear = Justin

Grizly Bear in Bumble Bee outfit = Travis

Tiny Bear in Crown = Clint

You scored 1 out of 3 (Clint), and Travis was the DM.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Get a load of this poster, posting in the MBMBaM thread, and they don't even know their bears! Pfft, man....amateur hour.:smug:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Shinjobi posted:

Get a load of this poster, posting in the MBMBaM thread, and they don't even know their bears! Pfft, man....amateur hour.:smug:

I didn't know Travis was the DM! That threw off my calculations! :negative:

Not Operator posted:

You scored 1 out of 3 (Clint), and Travis was the DM.

Alright, then here's my final answer:

Top hat bear = Griffin

Bee Bear = Justin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Edit: wait poo poo