Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Angry Grimace posted:

So who does Meltzer blame when the Angle retirement match isn't just a straight up Baron Corbin match - himself for getting worked, WWE for writing a mean angle that upset the fans, or does he continue to insist Vince changed the story on the spot because he apparently monitors twitter while simultaneously directing the live show and saw the huge negative response (which didn't even really happen since nobody expects that match to be good) and then rewrote all of Cole and Renee's dialogue and the result of Corbin's match on the spot in like 10 minutes

I too include my myers brigg personality type in my twitter profile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Angry Grimace posted:

So who does Meltzer blame when the Angle retirement match isn't just a straight up Baron Corbin match - himself for getting worked, WWE for writing a mean angle that upset the fans, or does he continue to insist Vince changed the story on the spot because he apparently monitors twitter while simultaneously directing the live show and saw the huge negative response (which didn't even really happen since nobody expects that match to be good) and then rewrote all of Cole and Renee's dialogue and the result of Corbin's match on the spot in like 10 minutes

Marks working themselves into a shoot brother.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

exploded mummy posted:

where's Hogan repeatedly calling Vampiro "Vampyro"

1. The Finish of the Main Event
2. Vampyro but I call him Vampiro (and that isn't even the best part of that promo)

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Time to get that guy on ignore

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Vince re-writes shows and segments late

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

2. Vampyro but I call him Vampiro (and that isn't even the best part of that promo)

God I forgot about this promo :allears: that's gonna be a fun recap

ICHIBAHN posted:

Time to get that guy on ignore

Thank you for not joining in quoting him, my friend. It helps

81sidewinder posted:

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. poo poo like this is the reason I think WO/F4W is worth paying for. The business end of TV and PPV as it pertains to MMA/Rasslin is half of why I follow this stupid garbage.

yea ok and you put it better but I'm in this boat too. I get there are a lot wrestling-only fans for whom MMA talk for any length is insufferable*, but they've always tried to cover both and it's much better to handle as a listener now that there's timestamps, so I'd say it's manageable

*I follow both and still get that at times where I think talk for any length about Jon Jones and Conor McGregor is insufferable, but that's mostly because both of them suck poo poo and it'd be nice to never hear about either ever again in general

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

so glad the insane dumbass can post 3000 times a day in every thread. very enjoyable. all about him!!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yea ok posted:

so glad the insane dumbass can post 3000 times a day in every thread. very enjoyable. all about him!!

there's unfortunately absolutely nothing that can be done about it

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

Shut the gently caress up!

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."

Angry Grimace posted:

Oh, it didn't REALLY happen though. How can you confirm this... Vince? Is that you?!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

They call it an Angry Grimace post because when you see it you grimace angrily and walk away

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

I Before E posted:

They call it an Angry Grimace post because when you see it you grimace angrily and walk away

You should change your name to mild chuckle of agreement.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Are you the guy running multiple sad fake Alvarez and Meltzer twitter accounts?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Yes I am.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Cavauro posted:

Yes I am.

Give me a follow and I'll follow you back.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Let me sheepishly say I am with Grimace. Don't know why Meltzer has taken the tact he has about the match when it is pretty transparent that Angle/Cena was always the plan. Angle was Cena's first main roster opponent. And now so many people have been paired with others - Rey vs Samoa Joe for example. The process of elimination has taken effect.

Would like to think Meltzer was told but was told not to spoil it or something.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Surely you are aware of who he'll blame.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Cavauro posted:

Surely you are aware of who he'll blame.

Fan backlash.

But WWE has used Corbin in this role before. If I was a casual fan I would be assuming Cena would be the final match.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rovert posted:

Let me sheepishly say I am with Grimace. Don't know why Meltzer has taken the tact he has about the match when it is pretty transparent that Angle/Cena was always the plan. Angle was Cena's first main roster opponent. And now so many people have been paired with others - Rey vs Samoa Joe for example. The process of elimination has taken effect.

Unless I'm missing something he said elsewhere, everything I've heard on The Observer from him and Bryan is (paraphrased): "Angle/Corbin is a dumb idea, everybody knows it, it seems like it must be setting up a twist where it is Angle/Cena and that's what we are expecting to happen instead, but whenever we ask we keep being told the idea is legitimately to be Angle/Corbin" - I'm really not sure what else they can say if they're explicitly being told Angle/Corbin is the actual idea. Lie about what they're being told?

Also AngryGrimace was probated because he fantasy booked a 50+ year old wrestling writer.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Unless I'm missing something he said elsewhere, everything I've heard on The Observer from him and Bryan is (paraphrased): "Angle/Corbin is a dumb idea, everybody knows it, it seems like it must be setting up a twist where it is Angle/Cena and that's what we are expecting to happen instead, but whenever we ask we keep being told the idea is legitimately to be Angle/Corbin" - I'm really not sure what else they can say if they're explicitly being told Angle/Corbin is the actual idea. Lie about what they're being told?

It could be that it will be dependent on the day & Kurt's nerves, feelings, performance anxiety about wrestling in a singles match at Wrestlemania in his retirement match.

He was a wreck in every way at Wrestlemania XIX - watch the Mania of Wrestlemania documentary if you have it or can find it. And that was 2003!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

Also AngryGrimace was probated because he fantasy booked a 50+ year old wrestling writer.

Heh imagine thinking anyone would be interested in half a century old fantasy booking *hastily jamming hundreds of sopping wet Bobo Brazil-Sammartino tuxedo match post-its back in my knapsack*

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

rovert posted:

It could be that it will be dependent on the day & Kurt's nerves, feelings, performance anxiety about wrestling in a singles match at Wrestlemania in his retirement match.

He was a wreck in every way at Wrestlemania XIX - watch the Mania of Wrestlemania documentary if you have it or can find it. And that was 2003!

If you're trying to say that this match will end with John Cena and Kurt Angle kissing on the mouth, I'm into it

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

Wasn't he on a self-prescribed dosage of pills at the time that many* have described as "if Olive Garden served oxys instead of breadsticks"

*me

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
This is a very serious story and Frank should be prosecuted.

But if you listened to Wrestling Observer Live in the early 00s you'd know Meltzer's dog always hated Frank for some unknown reason. Well, now we know.

https://twitter.com/MMAjunkie/status/1108890652098519040

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

rovert posted:

I hope you're wrong if only because "We announced a fake match with Baron Corbin because Corbin sucks poo poo and now everyone will be happy with Cena" is a really awful thing to do to Corbin. Wrestling needs jobbers, wrestling needs heels to be hated, it doesn't need WWE specifically trying to get someone go away heat.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

on the other hand, baron corbin loving sucks

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rovert posted:

But if you listened to Wrestling Observer Live in the early 00s you'd know Meltzer's dog always hated Frank for some unknown reason. Well, now we know.

It wasn't unknown why Dave's Racist Dog did not like Frank Shamrock.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Granny segment was the best and the worst this week, a real rollercoaster.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

Frank Shamrock is a real bastard and a creep. I hope they shoot him into the sun.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i hated the granny segments for a long time but now that sh'es just an old lady losing her mind being exploited for laughs i really do get a kick out of all the hosed up wrestler and move names

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Were all still just trying to figure out who Pallasio is after all these years

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Who the hell are Pink Hair & Homely??

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Candyfloss and Kay Lee Ray respectively.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

yea ok posted:

i hated the granny segments for a long time but now that sh'es just an old lady losing her mind being exploited for laughs i really do get a kick out of all the hosed up wrestler and move names

I love her occasional gems of insight from the casual fan perspective on bad selling, variety in modern WWE, and how much something being different and goofy is worth a lot.

Non-smark perspective is fun, being incredibly weird grandma is good

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Granny insisting that Bryan was wrong about who Orange Cassidy is was hilarious :)

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
On the other end of the spectrum was everything about the contest segment.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Incessant Excess posted:

On the other end of the spectrum was everything about the contest segment.
as soon as i saw it pop up on Facebook I knew it would be death

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Gumball Gumption posted:

I hope you're wrong if only because "We announced a fake match with Baron Corbin because Corbin sucks poo poo and now everyone will be happy with Cena" is a really awful thing to do to Corbin. Wrestling needs jobbers, wrestling needs heels to be hated, it doesn't need WWE specifically trying to get someone go away heat.

Corbin would have been a serviceable midcarder if they'd actually booked him as a weird loner heel and gone from there instead of doing what they did, which has exposed every single one of his weaknesses as a performer.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

New Addition To The Thread

https://twitter.com/bellatwins/status/1110003096271216640

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Who the gently caress can stand the Bellas' voices for that long? :gonk: