Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Hopefully koga gets his training arc soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

top tier chapter, i like how koga talked poo poo and got hit

new-ish danberu too, it's a good one

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I wonder if Kaenda is gonna be heavily involved in Koga's training. I imagine his brainiac approach to fighting would be a good match for someone who's got them Kengan eyes.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Himuro casually punching the poo poo out of Koga is so good.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

So I assume the registration requirement is so they can run a background check on potential fighters to filter out the more bloodthirsty fighters and lessen the risks of fighters dying, in order to build a more civilized system of Kengan matches. So now it makes perfect sense why the underground fighting rings where these rules don't have to apply are "gaining momentum" as they called it. In turn, that means we could maybe expect to see the Kures or Bando on the enemy's side now, among others

The plot is shaping up quite nicely!

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I really like our two new dumb idiot fighter boys. :allears:

Also reminder that Himuro is from the Inside so he probably has some knowledge and...opinions about Gaoh and Nico style.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Lt. Lizard posted:

I really like our two new dumb idiot fighter boys. :allears:

Also reminder that Himuro is from the Inside so he probably has some knowledge and...opinions about Gaoh and Nico style.

That is very true.

But I like how this is going so far.

Aug 24, 2011

have we ever seen himuro fight, except that one time when kaneda broke his arm?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

where the red fern gropes posted:

have we ever seen himuro fight, except that one time when kaneda broke his arm?

He was pretty handy with a pair of nunchucks during Haymi's invasion

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

That punch at Koga was just mean tbh

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

frajaq posted:

That punch at Koga was just mean tbh

tbh I thought Himuro was a lot more chill, punching a dude out of nowhere aint cool

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if koga is going to associate with people who can easily beat the poo poo out of him, his attitude is going to result in people easily beating the poo poo out of him. some of these dues who have dedicated their lives to violence are just not going to tolerate his crap.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

if koga is going to associate with people who can easily beat the poo poo out of him, his attitude is going to result in people easily beating the poo poo out of him. some of these dues who have dedicated their lives to violence are just not going to tolerate his crap.

Pretty much this. Koga being an arrogant, mouthy jerkass with no consideration for others is what got him annihilated by Ohma and set him on this path in the first place. Not knowing when to shut your mouth is an extremely dangerous trait to have when your life plans include associating with the kinds of people who frequent underground fighting tournaments. We've also seen a fair amount of proof that pretty much the only way to make Koga shut up and listen to you is to prove that you can beat his rear end.

Himuro giving him a punch in the mouth is probably a restrained response compared to how a fair number of Kengan types would react to him.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Himuro was also going to grill Gaoh on why he was going to commit murder. I can imagine him not wanting to waste time on a cocky little poo poo and wanting to show his seriousness

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

tbh I thought Himuro was a lot more chill, punching a dude out of nowhere aint cool
He's confronting another person from "inside" who was making moves to kill a defenseless fighter. I'd say he's just in a very serious mood atm. Kaneda likewise moved to get Kaede from in front of the white board knowing things would pop off.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Yeah but now Koga knows how to do that punch (if he can actually do move steals)

So who really came out ahead?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I love how Kaede instantly knew that Koga thought Yamashita Trading sold glasses because her and Kazzy both wear them, she's pretty used to working with idiots by this point

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

tweet my meat posted:

I love how Kaede instantly knew that Koga thought Yamashita Trading sold glasses because her and Kazzy both wear them, she's pretty used to working with idiots by this point
BUT did you notice the other idiot who was smart enough not to blurt out that dumbass thought but instead let others voice it?! Ohma2.0 is a funniest idiot.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Suspicious Lump posted:

BUT did you notice the other idiot who was smart enough not to blurt out that dumbass thought but instead let others voice it?! Ohma2.0 is a funniest idiot.

I like how diligent he seems to be about the class.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Electric Phantasm posted:

I like how diligent he seems to be about the class.

if you look a few pages back he's drawing a picture of a cat

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

CharlestonJew posted:

if you look a few pages back he's drawing a picture of a cat

I missed this detail and that makes it better.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
He also thought the Yamashita Trading Co. Sold glasses lol

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Danberu getting an anime

https://twitter.com/pkjd818/status/1107930334585225217

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
It’s going to end up better looking than Kengan if it isn’t using that terrible 3D stuff

Edit: watched the clip, it uses 3D but it looks better then what I saw of the Netflix preview for Kengan

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://mangadex.org/chapter/568024

New chapter. Seki is back!!!!

Aug 24, 2011

i hope kazzy intimidates the poo poo out of the new villain

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Yeassss

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What's up with Toyoda's eyes?

Also lol at the last page.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Oh Seki :allears:

This is gonna be good.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Electric Phantasm posted:

What's up with Toyoda's eyes?

Also lol at the last page.

he's a goat

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Koga is a very lucky man

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I don't know what's better. Seki being back or Kaneda being on a win streak.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Toyoda seems like a really tacky guy.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I hope we get to see Kaneda win another fight. He seems like a good fit as Koga's mentor, what with the latter's observation abilities.

Really interested to see where this goes!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Caidin posted:

Toyoda seems like a really tacky guy.

He reminds me of Toriko's adopted dad

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Plutonis posted:

He reminds me of Toriko's adopted dad
He's buff but he's no Ichirou. That's a man I'd love to share a meal with.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
Goddamn am I hoping to see Haru. Any of these characters that competed in that tournament without really knowing a martial art are going to be strong if they learn one. Including Adam Dudley, of course.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Shocked to see people not recoiling at the idea of a training arc.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the fights in the big tournament were good, but the best parts were the fighters interacting out of the ring. groaning about getting more of the good stuff would be very peculiar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

RareAcumen posted:

Shocked to see people not recoiling at the idea of a training arc.

Effectively the entire main body of the first series was a damned tournament arc, and it was amazing. Kengan has kind of earned a cachet.