Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I managed to get Best Saber despite not having any money to use Unlimited Quartz Works. :toot:

I'd have liked to roll her more NP levels, but I'm not crazy enough to try that. :v:

Aurora posted:

jinako ftw.

she treats karna like trash, therefore she is trash too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Jinako is a dumb anti-social shut in who foolishly signed up for what turned out to be a For Reals To The Death Battle tournament that she thought (much like Extra Shinji) was just a game. She’s an coward idiot in a high stress situation that she’s absolutely not equipped to handle mentally and unfortunately lashes out because of it. She’s a jerk, yeah but putting her on Shinji’s level as human garbage is a bit harsh.

Stuff like this makes me think, Is there anyone in Fate who doesn’t need some therapy?

Maybe Taiga?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Jinako is a dumb anti-social shut in who foolishly signed up for what turned out to be a For Reals To The Death Battle tournament that she thought (much like Extra Shinji) was just a game. She’s an coward idiot in a high stress situation that she’s absolutely not equipped to handle mentally and unfortunately lashes out because of it. She’s a jerk, yeah but putting her on Shinji’s level as human garbage is a bit harsh.

Stuff like this makes me think, Is there anyone in Fate who doesn’t need some therapy?

Maybe Taiga?

The girl so hung up on a married dude she "looks after" his adopted son?

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
She thinks of Kerry fondly, but not nearly in a dysfunctional way and she and Shirou have a very sweet familial relationship.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Cuntellectual posted:

she treats karna like trash, therefore she is trash too.

Charityman signed up to be her therapist. He knew what he was getting into.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
being mean to karna is extreamly bad civ, you fools, you bakas

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Karna's into that.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
I don't think that Karna could bring himself to genuinely hate anyone. Be angry, maybe, but hold anything remotely close to a grudge?

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Retcon posted:

it's a good picture of fluffy queen

I got it from this Twitter (NSFW, probably?), for the person who asked.

Thank you, it's everything I was hoping for.

Aurora posted:

jinako ftw.

Agreed.
Jinako may be terrible but she's not even in the list of top ten worst masters.
Plus I like plushy neet girl type characters. "Roast pork has a lot of orders"

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Maybe Taiga?

Iskander and Cu seem to have their poo poo together.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

they're already dead

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Karna's a bro, and if he thinks Jinako was a good Master, I'm not gonna argue with him. :colbert:

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Rorahusky posted:

I don't think that Karna could bring himself to genuinely hate anyone. Be angry, maybe, but hold anything remotely close to a grudge?

Given Karna's character and arc in the actual Mahabarata aside from the one bit where he gets Vasawi shakti, it's less that Karna is a selfless and noble young man as it is that even the absolute worst garbage the Nasuverse has thrown at him doesn't even come close to the sheer mountain of horseshit he had to deal with on any given day when he was actually alive, so he's in the somewhat unique situation where being a heroic spirit is actually a pretty chill time for him even on a bad day.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Getting most of the event's stuff might actually be doable now that these later stages seem to give like 70-100 per run. Highest priority is the black dust and the crystal things, since both of those are needed to ascend 5*s I have (forget which ones; I think Tesla and someone else, maybe Ozy or Karna). Doubt I'll get all the points, though I can at least get enough to NP5 Nobunaga.

Events should really let you buy more than 20 of items like the dusts where you frequently need 20+ just for a single ascension or skill-up. On my JP account where I'd farm most events, I remember ending up with this huge stockpile of rare ascension/skill-up items, like hearts, claws, etc, but constantly running low on bones, dragon fangs, dusts, and hero record disks.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

the_steve posted:

Cu seems well and good but I'm sure he has a lot welled up that can surface with the mere mention of scathach

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
As if it was ever not going to be based on what you guys have said but, yes, I'm working my way through Camelot now and, yes, the story has improved significantly. There's some intense power I'm up against here and, both through the story and sheer stats, it's letting me know it.

It's come a long way since auto-skipping through Rome I tells ya.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
So for Guda2, there's a gimmick where the factions you pick for free quests (Red/Nobu and Blue/Shinsengumi) give you points for two different ladders, with the winning faction changing the main quests and maybe some other stuff. As I understand it while both ladders will be cleared eventually no matter what, there is a side benefit to picking the winning faction each time which results in more rewards than just what it's in the ladders, I guess stuff sent directly to your present box? Is this actually the case or just something I kept hearing about via a game of telephone because drat if I can't really find any info on what those rewards might be.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
The faction battles give different rewards depending on which faction wins, but everyone gets the rewards regardless of who they fought for.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Which one is Okita's daishori?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Gologle posted:

Which one is Okita's daishori?

It's Oda vs Shinsengumi but specific allegiances change with the story.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Isn't Okita the leader of the Shinsengumi? I'd expect hers and Oda's allegiances to stay static.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Mar 22, 2019

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Omobono posted:

Isn't Okita the leader of the Shinsengumi? I'd expect hers and Oda's allegiances to stay static.

No, that's angry berserk man.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Okita is cool and good but angry Shinsengumi man can go suck a toad

Oda all the way. :getin:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

taser rates posted:

The faction battles give different rewards depending on which faction wins, but everyone gets the rewards regardless of who they fought for.
Is there a list of what those rewards are and/or the amounts? This is not referring to the ladders themselves, of course.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Not that I can find at the moment unfortunately, but they show you what the rewards for each faction are when the battle happens. They're really simultaneous raids mechanically speaking, and whichever raid hits its target first is the winner. In hindsight, it was most likely a test run for the summer event, which is a series of six way races.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

the_steve posted:

Kill raped a lady and then killed their son. whoops.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Gudaguda 2 scheduled for the 28th, apparently.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/humanity6/status/1109254631509508096

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
smdh if you dont double down on NOBUUUUUUU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Omobono posted:

Okita was the captain of the first unit, so basically third in command. The commander was Kondo Isami. Hijikata was vice-commander, but took over after Kondo's death. Okita was already dead by that point.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
If any of you got that Marie Wassap shirt, avoid wearing it with a jacket.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

avoid...?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Taciturn Tactician posted:

If any of you got that Marie Wassap shirt, avoid wearing it with a jacket.

Okay so I'm definitely buying this shirt then

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Yeah that black jacket is all wrong. It would look better with a furry white coat.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

medb just owns an rear end my rear end shirt

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

dogsicle posted:

medb just owns an rear end my rear end shirt

They could be all "same shirt!", then Medb takes off her jacket

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I'm looking at CEs, and isn't the 4* CE from the Chaldea Boys' event "Noisy Obsession" objectively superior to the 5* "GUDA-O" from this event? They seem to give identical stats (+20% crit damage and +20% NP strength limit broken), except "Noisy Obsession" also gives 15% increased charm chance.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Ytlaya posted:

So I'm looking at CEs, and isn't the 4* CE from the Chaldea Boys' event "Noisy Obsession" objectively superior to the 5* "GUDA-O" from this event? They seem to give identical stats (+20% crit damage and +20% NP strength limit broken), except "Noisy Obsession" also gives 15% increased charm chance.

Guda-O has better stats and being a shop CE is infinitely easier to MLB.

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

There are at least 2 or 3 other CEs that outright powercreep Guda-O into irrelevance. The CE suffers from coming out pretty close to the game's launch period when DW still was figuring out what they were doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

holy night dinner is better unless you really think 5% more crit/np is better than starting NP. this same situation is about to happen with the Guda Restoration event giving a better version of the Moon Goddess CE.

noisy obsession does have the best art of all three though