Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I picked up Titanfall 2 and Dragon Age Inquisition for 23 bucks total.

I don't know much about or played any of the other games in the series. Did I do good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DoctorGonzo posted:

its a world thing, right now i have no insurance because im a freelancer so everything i have to pay from pocket asap.

my grandfather was a victim of chile dictatorship so i have right to free medical atention but the system is totally collapsed so every little thing that i need will be months ahead

That really sucks, sorry to hear about that

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
happy birthday to everyone

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

I don't know much about or played any of the other games in the series. Did I do good

I liked what I played of Dragon Age

DoctorGonzo posted:

happy birthday to everyone

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

That DICK! posted:

anyways..... my birthday is april 5, right around the corner.

i hope you like... surprises

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

TF2 rulez

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dragon age origins was legit good i didnt play 2 but it was a trainwreck i guess? dragon age inquisition was boring and on a ps3 looked like crap

rip bioware

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Origins was so good and then the demo for 2 was so bad I didn't bother getting the sequel to a game I loved, and by all accounts it was AWFUL.

I heard Inquisition was also really good but it had the double misfortune of being released on a game client I never use so I literally didn't know it had come out, and also Witcher 3 coming out not long after and by all accounts doing everything that Inquisition did but better.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

do you guys remember toejam and earl.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I do, though it was a game that released in a blindspot age for me where while I was aware it was around and a big thing, it wasn't something I ever played myself. I think it got remastered recently?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Haven’t played the remaster, I just remember back in the day my brothers and I would play the freakin hell out of random world one. It was super hard, and at the time it was the only game where you wouldn’t just run outta lives, you just straight up had to give up and admit defeat. Great game. If you get High and have a friend you should play it. Random world though! Not fixed! RANDOM!

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
would like to play that toejam game with a friend, just need a copy of the game and a friend

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I just realized Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice has released and oh God it is pretty.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

okay i'll buy sekiro

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
A reminder to everyone in this thread with a PS4, if you haven't played Bloodborne yet, please amend that as soon as possible

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

That DICK! posted:

do you guys remember toejam and earl.

There was an enemy that were dentists with drills and for some reason as a kid i found the sounds they made too scary and had to stop playing.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Toejam and Earl is soooo loving good and my CiB copy is one of the two main gems in my Sega Genesis collection (the other being a CiB copy of Gunstar Heroes I found at a thrift store when people didn't give a gently caress about retro games)

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Jerusalem posted:

I just realized Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice has released and oh God it is pretty.

I'd play but I have to wait a couple more hours until it unlocks on PC and I need to go to sleep.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

drrockso20 posted:

A reminder to everyone in this thread with a PS4, if you haven't played Bloodborne yet, please amend that as soon as possible

Those games are for people who are capable of feeling triumph.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

yeah thats why they rule

i'm still playing fuckin odyssey so until i wrap this poo poo up i gotta wait on sekiro

ed; huh, i got the final piece of a legendary armor set and all the gear i already had leveled up to match. thats a ton of mats saved :ocelot:

Joey McChrist fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Mar 22, 2019

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines 2 announced :stare:

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Souls Players Struggling on a Boss: "I'll get you this time"
Souls Players Losing to a Boss: "I'll get you next time"
Souls Players Beating a Boss: "gently caress YEAH I AM KING poo poo OF gently caress MOUNTAIN!"

Me Struggling on a Boss: "I SUCK I SUCK I SUCK AND I'M AWFUL JESUS gently caress WHY DON'T I JUST GO LIVE IN THE GARBAGE!"
Me Losing to a Boss: "THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE AND I LACK WORTH AS A HUMAN BEING!"
Me Beating a Boss: oh. yay. that's a relief.

Eventually I had to come to the conclusion that Souls is not for me.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

Souls Players Struggling on a Boss: "I'll get you this time"
Souls Players Losing to a Boss: "I'll get you next time"
Souls Players Beating a Boss: "gently caress YEAH I AM KING poo poo OF gently caress MOUNTAIN!"

Me Struggling on a Boss: "I SUCK I SUCK I SUCK AND I'M AWFUL JESUS gently caress WHY DON'T I JUST GO LIVE IN THE GARBAGE!"
Me Losing to a Boss: "THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE AND I LACK WORTH AS A HUMAN BEING!"
Me Beating a Boss: oh. yay. that's a relief.

Eventually I had to come to the conclusion that Souls is not for me.

This is my roommate but he refuses to stop playing souls games or see a therapist

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The best is when you finally beat a Dark Souls Boss and get all,"Oh I thought you were tough but turns out you were a little bitch all this time :smug:" and then you realize it is just switching to phase 2 of the fight and it is in fact you who turned out to be the little bitch all this time.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

More details on story, setting, gameplay.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I liked the first Dark Souls so much I kinda sorta wrote a song about it

https://agataindustries.bandcamp.com/track/the-abyss

I haven't played 2 or 3 though

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Gumball Gumption posted:

This is my roommate but he refuses to stop playing souls games or see a therapist

That's me with therapy sadly.
Working on it...working on it. Not doing such a great job with that part unfortunately but working on it...

And not playing Souls games in the meanwhile.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I played dark souls 2 at my roommates insistence and it was fun, but it was made especially more fun by the fact that I won a ton of chickens because he was terrible at video games but thought he was real good. He never figured out certain skills like parrying etc so some bosses he thought were so difficult he would bet me a rotisserie chicken that I could not beat it in 10 tries. First one I remember was three guys in a room and then maybe some gargoyles? Those two were admittedly squeakers but by4-5 rotisserie chicken I was beating most of the guys he insisting were impossible quick. Eventually he stopped though but all and all that game saved me hundreds of dollars

I played blood borne and had fun, and started dark souls III and got a good bit in but by that point I’d had enough of the aesthetic. It just felt like more epic spookiness, more wriggling bloody swamp beasts with a big arm, more joyless women leveling me up. Buddy I get enough of all that in real life. All that and no delicious rotisserie chickens to show for it. Though I guess any game series would be ruined by that sort of incentive being removed

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

whoop my aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaass!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I’m seeing Jordan Peele’s Us tonight and I’m real excited still

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
vampire is the only game were i put up with the so so gameplay because the story and setting was so loving good. im there day one

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Bloodborne is the best Dark Souls

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

bradzilla posted:

Bloodborne is the best Dark Souls

I really liked DS3 but I got Bloodborne on a PSN sale for :10bux: and it definitely feels like the best parts of DS3 cranked to 11

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

I’m seeing Jordan Peele’s Us tonight and I’m real excited still

I saw it. It was good.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I generally don't like Bloodborne of the Souls games but I acknowledge they're well done games. I wish FromSoft would get back to giant stompy robot simulations because I loved those.

Dragon Age Inquisition is probably the strongest of the 3 DA games but its ugly as hell compared to its contemporaries.

I smoked a lot of weed while playing ToeJam and Earl in college. fun times.

new VtM game? Curious considering the whole White Wolf IP is in the shitter over the white supremacy recruiting thing.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Titanfall 2 is one of the best FPS campaigns in a long time.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

coconono posted:

new VtM game? Curious considering the whole White Wolf IP is in the shitter over the white supremacy recruiting thing.

Paradox Interactive owns the IP now and they’re renowned as a socially progressive gaming company.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Roman Reigns posted:

Paradox Interactive owns the IP now and they’re renowned as a socially progressive gaming company.

They gave an interview saying 'urban fantasy can't be politics-averse' and 'the game's character creator lets you pick pronouns' and predictably there is now a firestorm of KEEP POLITICS OUT OF GAMES controversy around it, because Vampire: The Masquerade is a setting that definitely was not built to have politics or social commentary in it.

coconono posted:

Dragon Age Inquisition is probably the strongest of the 3 DA games but its ugly as hell compared to its contemporaries.

man, I still think it's Origins by a country mile. DA2 is just kind of a huge mess in every way and DAI is so...flat.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

This makes me so happy. This site has been a constant in my life for about 15 years now. And I don't ever want it to go as long as it continues to be a bastion from the worst of the trolls out there.

As an example this place has spoiled me. I've had to educate myself on some of the ways white extremists and alt-right assholes use places like youtube to brainwash and manipulate kids to protect my daughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Titanfall 2 is one of the best mech shooters of all time and has a kick rear end storymode especially for an FPS. Dragon Age Inquisition has some mixed reviews but for me personally it's my favorite Bioware game especially if you get the Trespasser DLC.