Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Yeah, the car in which recently a person burned to death and couldn't be rescued is very good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
but they might have been killed when the vehicle drove itself into a stationary object, you don't know

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007
in about seven or so years I’ve gone from wanting to buy one of these S models, to thinking no they’re not actually nice....

Now I am kind of afraid I don’t want them parked near my house or anyone’s home, and I don’t want to ever drive in side or near these cars.

They don’t just look horrible; they kill people and you just know the person inside is probably distracted by all the stupid bells and whistles and not paying as much attention as even the average person who is already on their mobile phone or whatever. I want them to be banned off the roads or recalled like those Takata airbags, take them away and protect the rest of us who don’t want to be part of these thousand pound moving beta tests.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

im probably going to rent another one soon so we can see whether the example i drove in oregon was just an unusually trouble-free one

Is "I'm going to kill myself" posting permissible? I have no clue.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Potato Salad posted:

Is "I'm going to kill myself" posting permissible? I have no clue.

reading kotex posts can have that effect but you’ll be fine buddy. get therapy tho

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

hobbesmaster posted:

:lol: he’s so hosed

Does ignorance buy you leniency in South African law? Where did Elon find legal counsel willing to write this?

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

theflyingorc posted:

Doesn't that mean of you try it, you're really messing the car up? Idk

Model 3 still uses a gazillion individual cylindrical cells arranged to batteries that have very bad cooling properties. Technological advancement is as usually made by other OEMs that put in chunky prismatic stacks with interlaced cooling modules.

Tesla can just alter the battery preservation temperature and be like "look we can lap a 2 minute track without everything going into limp home" but it doesn't change the amount of damage the over temperature does to the battery long term.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

BobHoward posted:

lol at this "you gotta test drive to have a valid opinion" angle you bazingas are pushing now. like, do you know that not everyone is a simpleton easily impressed by experiencing ev torque for the first time?

our judgement is based more on things like this: a colleague of mine had a model 3 ~delivery experience~ a few months ago. after the next rainstorm (it's been a wet winter in norcal) i checked their ride out in the parking lot. predictably, one of the two taillamp assemblies was sopping wet on the inside, because tesla doesn't know how to reliably seal things

and more importantly there's all horrendous safety issues, which (unlike seals) aren't a mere matter of poor execution but rather a complete failure of design philosophy. maybe the real engineers at tesla would have made a good product without ol' musky calling the shots, but with him they were doomed. elon: "it is forbidden to use mechanical linkages between door handles and door latches"

wow, if you’re calling me a bazinga you really don’t have the first loving clue, do you? welcome to my ignore list, cretin.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

infernal machines posted:

wait, they pay him?

twice a month, even.

drgitlin fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Mar 23, 2019

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

I enjoy Drgitlins reviews and he has demonstrated expertise on the field several times in here and in other places.

The only criticism I have is a general criticism on car review culture in that during the limited time the car is available for review, a lot of stuff that's truly defining build quality, engineering excellence and longevity can simply not be judged adequately.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
oh yeah, the only long term advice I can give is in relation to a 1996 MX-5 or a 2005 Saab 9-2x. we don’t do long term tests and the highest mileage press cars I get are still under 12k miles.

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

drgitlin posted:

wow, if you’re calling me a bazinga you really don’t have the first loving clue, do you? welcome to my ignore list, cretin.

lol getting mad on yospos

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
:suspense:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

drgitlin posted:

welcome to my ignore list, cretin.

:siren:

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

had to lay the law down

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

drgitlin posted:

gold

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

evilweasel got perma'd

he got banned and a month and then it all kind of got silently undone

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

evilweasel got perma'd

uh oh

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

lol if you never ate a permaban

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

ha, welcome back my lanyard friend

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

oh noooooo

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i finally looked up the post you were banned for

lmfao that place sucks balls

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

i dont agree with evilweasel about literally anything but a majority of d&ders think the solution to people with heterodox and/or wrong opinions is to just ban them, because they're too lazy and incompetent to develop an argument against a sophisticated person with bad ideas or a bent worldview, which is probably why there generally isnt a whole lot of depth behind what they say when theyre actually tested on it

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

otoh a middle ground is clearly needed, as it is a complete fallacy that you can just throw the doors open to have supposedly rational debate arrive at some actual truth, there is an unavoidabe social dynamic at play at minimum

haven't followed d&d in a long time, but in the past at least it very much had better and worse periods which were no doubt tied closely to what the moderation did, but the connection was very murky and hard to predict

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

sure but evilweasel isnt some maga chud, he's just another washington democrat who thinks electing more centrist democrats will lead to progressive outcomes, because of reasons. thats probably the most important worldview for the supposedly committed leftists of d&d to understand and defeat, but as soon as one guy pops up they whine about how he should be probed and banned

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Zlodo posted:

lol getting mad on yospos
welcome to my ignore list, you villainous poltroon!

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I do not suffer fools easily! I shall banish you to the depths of my banlist!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Rex-Goliath posted:

that was when the thread was in cspam for a day,

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/SnazzyQ/status/1109250289704427520

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Plonk! Welcome to my killfile

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

SIGSEGV posted:

I do not suffer fools easily! I shall banish you to the depths of my banlist!
From Hell's heart I mash the report button at thee

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

i dont agree with evilweasel about literally anything but a majority of d&ders think the solution to people with heterodox and/or wrong opinions is to just ban them, because they're too lazy and incompetent to develop an argument against a sophisticated person with bad ideas or a bent worldview, which is probably why there generally isnt a whole lot of depth behind what they say when theyre actually tested on it

cspam banned him

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

cspam banned him
i realize

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i'm 99% certain that the car was originally designed as a liftback, hinged halfway to the roof like a prius, but ol' musky capriciously decided late in the process that it had to have a Full Glass Roof and they scrambled to change the design to have a trunk instead but couldn't significantly alter the exterior. the weird little buttress-type arms that the trunk comes up on are the most obvious remnants of where it was originally supposed to hinge. as a side effect it has this stupid behavior in the rain or snow because they couldn't design it out.

also it does never rain in los angeles so yeah that's not gonna be in the front of their minds

you can't entirely design around a gap between the trunk lid and the rear window

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1109272760067346433/pu/vid/640x298/e9CKYei4L9Q5uUnv.mp4?tag=8

but note how that VW has a gutter, at least. no idea why tesla doesn't.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Mar 23, 2019

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

ADINSX posted:

had to lay the law down

it has been laid, i am undone, my postin' career is over

someone emptyquote me so i can confirm to drgitlin that yeah i have no idea who they are and am :justpost: in the yospos style, i beg for forums mercy

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lmao

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

BobHoward posted:

it has been laid, i am undone, my postin' career is over

someone emptyquote me so i can confirm to drgitlin that yeah i have no idea who they are and am :justpost: in the yospos style, i beg for forums mercy
Silence, noisome peasant!

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

'tis with heavy heart, i've done the deed. abscond thyself, vile cretin, to the foul den of ignored rogues and wretches and ne'er-do-wells! never again shall my gaze be sullied by such ill-informed opinions. begone!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

exploded mummy posted:

lol if you never ate a permaban

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Rex-Goliath posted:

They moved the thread to a different forum, and then banned him for breaking the posting rules of the new forum

Real good moderation

Meanwhile, 30 day perma for the guy who won't stop mocking people who helped turn Virginia blue for caring about things