Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The Only Good Hop is a Dead Hop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Control Volume posted:

The Good Poster returns

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Control Volume posted:

I am starting up a brewery with the intent to only brew a beer with this name. I need some starting money. Thanks ahead of time.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

'Glass Traitor'

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
I think I've found the next big thing in the beer world.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Klaus Kinski posted:

I think I've found the next big thing in the beer world.

:dong:

quote:

Zambia has also suspended the production of the drink until remedial measures are put in place to ensure that it is not adulterated, the statement said.

:flaccid:

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

So I just found out untappd is doing a March Madness Brewery bracket -

https://untappd.com/madness

Problem is, it's not "Who do you think is making the best stuff" or anything, it's solely based on the number of check-ins.
Which means that Anheuser-Busch have advanced once already, and are likely to again.

Like, I get "popularity contests", but isn't part of the point and joy of craft beer discovery of different things, and part of the point of Untappd is rating said beers? Instead of just checking in that you had 6 Bud Lights on your Friday night?

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
just scrolled through r/beer for the first time and jfc

did chuckle at the thread about the "supposed controversy" over the dude that makes Whaleslayers; he's not exactly afraid of expressing his views on Muslims and immigrants

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Happy Orval Day

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

dphi posted:

Happy Orval Day

I just went to cycle and had a pastry stout. I have failed you all.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Spanish Manlove posted:

I ended up with the family at a BWWs and got Bells' hazy beer and it's a solid IPA that looks like poo poo. It wasn't particularly juicy so that made me happy.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
In good news, the new expansion at Green Bench that only does sours is pretty decent. Super loving packed for a Saturday so they seem to be making some money.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Spanish Manlove posted:

:gritin:

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Semi-regular check-in on 2013 New Glarus Wild Sour: this is still better than 99.99% of American wild ales and one of my favorite beers ever.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

It was rare dos with nibs and marshmallow and I enjoyed it. Also motley crue was playing and it felt Florida as gently caress.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

dphi posted:

Happy Orval Day

I got a glass with my bottle today! Man I love Orval.

E: to watch Purdue probably lose I'm drinking √225 and √400 side by side. I def prefer the base beer but 400 is cool in it's own way, just too sour.

ChiTownEddie fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Mar 24, 2019

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

i celebrated by cleaning up before a bunch of fourteen year-old girls mess the place up again and drinking hazy IPAs

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Good loving beer, cont.: 2013 BCBS slays the poo poo out of everything else right now.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
Belgium doesn't exist so I'm going to snorkel a 750 of 3f hommage or framboos in defiance.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Spanish Manlove posted:

It was rare dos with nibs and marshmallow and I enjoyed it. Also motley crue was playing and it felt Florida as gently caress.

Sounds delicious.

Unrelated to anything really, local brew opened up not to long ago. Someone complained that they were playing "that rap crap" one day on the local Facebook neighborhood watch. Said that this isn't that kinda of neighborhood and it will essentially give the wrong impression to people.

:thunkher:

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
KKKraft Beer

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
Whoever recommended Lights Out to me a while back, looks like it is back on the menu at Tree House. Guess I’m taking a drive today :)

ReaperUnreal
Feb 21, 2007
Trogdor is King
I had CBS for the first time last night. How does anyone like this? It's awful. It tastes like an ok imperial stout that's been rammed so full of maple candy and bourbon that it's just a diabetes delivery device now.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

ReaperUnreal posted:

I had CBS for the first time last night. How does anyone like this? It's awful. It tastes like an ok imperial stout that's been rammed so full of maple candy and bourbon that it's just a diabetes delivery device now.

the crazy thing is that it's actually pretty tame nowadays

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Sounds delicious.

Unrelated to anything really, local brew opened up not to long ago. Someone complained that they were playing "that rap crap" one day on the local Facebook neighborhood watch. Said that this isn't that kinda of neighborhood and it will essentially give the wrong impression to people.

:thunkher:

I saw something like this on a local newspaper's 25 best hole in the wall restaurants about a chicken and waffles restaurant. This place is by a university and Busch Gardens so while it's not exactly in the ghetto, it's hood adjacent. But, hoo boy I love their blurb that's warning all the yuppie wanna be foodies.

quote:

Mutha Cluckin’ incredible fried chicken. This place is wild, they even have a red carpet outside. The korean fried chicken served on a waffle with their signature maple syrup is THE order. Heads up, explicit music is played at all times - leave the kids at home if you’re dining in.

https://photos.cltampa.com/tampas-25-most-important-hole-in-the-wall-restaurants/?slide=20&ryrys-chicken-and-waffles

(I keep forgetting to go there for lunch, I may go either tuesday or friday this week)

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

I saw something like this on a local newspaper's 25 best hole in the wall restaurants about a chicken and waffles restaurant. This place is by a university and Busch Gardens so while it's not exactly in the ghetto, it's hood adjacent. But, hoo boy I love their blurb that's warning all the yuppie wanna be foodies.

https://photos.cltampa.com/tampas-25-most-important-hole-in-the-wall-restaurants/?slide=20&ryrys-chicken-and-waffles

(I keep forgetting to go there for lunch, I may go either tuesday or friday this week)

poo poo, I was just there for work, I wish I’d known about that place. We had some pretty dire options around the venue.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Hauki posted:

poo poo, I was just there for work, I wish I’d known about that place. We had some pretty dire options around the venue.

Aw poo poo, you should have asked. Tampa's weird about food in that the good places (outside of the gentrifying areas) are hidden by a bunch of awful poo poo.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

ReaperUnreal posted:

Exactly how I feel about it

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

ReaperUnreal posted:

I need to show you something...

*Pulled out omnipollo agamemnon*

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

ReaperUnreal posted:

It used to be better but Founders decided to focus on racism instead of beer.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

RembrandtQEinstein posted:

It used to be better but Founders decided to focus on racism instead of beer.

It was never good and you're the real racist for saying otherwise.

Also, stop buying Founders beers, folks.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Fat Lou posted:

There are way worse offenders from omnipollo in the betes category. Lorelei has actual chunks of sugar floating around.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Klaus Kinski posted:

There are way worse offenders from omnipollo in the betes category. Lorelei has actual chunks of sugar floating around.

I was referring to the amount of maple. That poo poo sucked when I had to pour it where I work. It smelled like a wafflehouse all the time because of the small amount of beer that was in a drip tray.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Don't be hating on pastry stouts!

ReaperUnreal
Feb 21, 2007
Trogdor is King

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Don't be hating on pastry stouts!

I'm not hating, there's some I've really liked. Bellwoods' Coconut Rum Skeleton Key was amazing and the Dieu du Ciel Peche Mortel variants are almost always great every year. CBS was terrible in comparison, almost as bad as Omnipollo Prodromus. The focus on racism makes sense, focusing on just beer is hard enough.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

ReaperUnreal posted:

Dieu du Ciel Peche Mortel variants

Are we calling all adjunct stouts "pastry" now? I've never had anything but regular rear end Peche but I cannot comprehend how they would turn it into a dessert beer. Or more importantly, why they would do that.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
I tell the gf I’m going to Tree House to pick something up.

“Oh let me get my mom to watch the kid, I’ll come with you”

*come back with $200 in cans and one of each of the bottled stouts*

:negative:

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

Aw poo poo, you should have asked. Tampa's weird about food in that the good places (outside of the gentrifying areas) are hidden by a bunch of awful poo poo.

Ah, drat, next time. I was only there like, 36 hours and our client was taking care of breakfast and lunch so I didn’t really think I’d have much opportunity, but then we ended up at the same lovely tourist trap for dinner two nights in a row which is like one of my deepest fears during work travel.

consensual poster
Sep 1, 2009

Fat Lou posted:

Great Notion: "Hold my disgusting maple beer..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

danbanana posted:

Are we calling all adjunct stouts "pastry" now? I've never had anything but regular rear end Peche but I cannot comprehend how they would turn it into a dessert beer. Or more importantly, why they would do that.

Just add maple™