Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
Legbreaking

:D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Thinkin' bout that Bitchin Sauce. And broccoli

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It's way late for clementines where I live but i bought a huge bag of them from church last week and goddamn they are good.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Hate to say it, but I feel the thread steered me wrong on the French onion soup pucks. I bought them a couple weeks ago with dreams of being transported to a Parisian cafe, and after making them I ......wasn’t.

They’re not bad, and I’ll finish off the box, but probably won’t be buying them again.

PBUC

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

OldSenileGuy posted:

Hate to say it, but I feel the thread steered me wrong on the French onion soup pucks. I bought them a couple weeks ago with dreams of being transported to a Parisian cafe, and after making them I ......wasn’t.

They’re not bad, and I’ll finish off the box, but probably won’t be buying them again.

PBUC

Much like most frozen costco food, it's better than I expect for frozen food, but still not as good as the real thing.

I like it because it hits the spot but yeah it doesn't match up to the real thing from a local place. Though one thing I do is I melt a butt load of cheese on top because cheese makes everything better.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I'm going to Costco this weekend. :getin:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Renegret posted:

Much like most frozen costco food, it's better than I expect for frozen food, but still not as good as the real thing.

I like it because it hits the spot but yeah it doesn't match up to the real thing from a local place. Though one thing I do is I melt a butt load of cheese on top because cheese makes everything better.

yeah imo you need to add a bunch of extra gruyere and toasted baguette slices ontop making an cheese-raft. it kicks it up quite a notch with only a miniscule amount of more work (do it in the last 5 minutes of cooking)

also i bake it in the oven for like 40 minutes in a large ceramic soup bowl instead of microwaving, idk how they turn out microwaved.

I find them quite good for when your sick or its a cold day and you don't want to make poo poo. all my homemade attempts at french onion soup have been pretty garbage.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
They're fine in the microwave, but the cheese gets mixed up in the soup. So you absolutely have to add your own cheese on top because that's the best part of french onion.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Taima posted:

You should consider getting into hot pot if you have a real deal asian market nearby. It's so drat good, and low carb.

We used to live in Taiwan, we know all about hot pot. She makes it occasionally, it's great.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

OldSenileGuy posted:

PBUC

poo poo I just bought these two days ago why couldn't you have posted earlier? I'm not gonna return them to Costco for return reason: someone on the internet wasn't transported to a Parisian cafe.

I'm gonna eat one tonight and see if maybe I have lower soup standards.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
I definitely do, I tried them last week and think they’re great.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Brothers, today I took another step in my Faith, and bought a bottle of bourbon to celebrate. I am now an Executive Member.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Its the Kirkland cognac seasonal or something? My co hasn't had it for awhile

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007
One day I hope to buy the vindaloo/coconut curry sauces again. Only saw that once.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Chinatown posted:

Brothers, today I took another step in my Faith, and bought a bottle of bourbon to celebrate. I am now an Executive Member.

God Bless.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Chinatown posted:

I'm going to Costco this weekend. :getin:

Weekend trips are a mistake. Tuesday evening is the good stuff.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

SirPablo posted:

Weekend trips are a mistake. Tuesday evening is the good stuff.
Weekend trips are fine but go like 5 minutes before opening. There's still a line of like 30 people waiting to get in but it goes quick, checkout is quick, and you'll be ahead of the rush in most aisles so you can be in and out easily. If you wait even 30 minutes after opening, forget it

kinda have to plan not to stay up too late/hungover to arrive at like 8:55am though.

i plan to go to costco tomorrow at that time, if im not too tired. if not, i'll just go 30 minutes before closing on a weekday

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

We just left Costco, picked up some Hendricks, Angel's Envy, Tillamook cheese snacks a ridiculously fuzzy pillow, among other things. My husband got in line while I ran around and did the last few aisles. :smug: Tag-teaming Costco on a Saturday is great.

No Shin ramen, but they did have birds nest soup. Oh and jamon Serrano with a stand.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/4-reasons-not-renew-costco-141600941.html

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

gently caress you Daniel

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
I love that my yearly membership pays for itself the first time that I buy Kirkland brand allergy medicine each membership cycle.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I can't wait for the follow-up article.

"Netflix is totally not worth it. I don't have Internet at my house. I rarely use it as I can only access it when I visit my parents for the holidays. Watching a couple movies a year just is not worth the cost."

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
"Half-hour drive"
I drive an hour to my church every month and the cash back pays for my Executive membership. What a buffoon

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

BaconCopter posted:

I love that my yearly membership pays for itself the first time that I buy Kirkland brand allergy medicine each membership cycle.

I wish I could benefit from this but also lol at not having any allergies.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

gently caress yea I couldn't live without my precious $14 dollar bottle of Aller-tec that lasts an entire year

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

hope and vaseline posted:

gently caress yea I couldn't live without my precious $14 dollar bottle of Aller-tec that lasts an entire year

Also the flonase.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

hope and vaseline posted:

Hey so I was just looking at this online and this one seems ok but it doesn't take care of congestion?

I wanted to order some since I can't get into the store anytime soon but it looks like all the ones that do congestion are in store only?

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

MarcusSA posted:

Hey so I was just looking at this online and this one seems ok but it doesn't take care of congestion?

I wanted to order some since I can't get into the store anytime soon but it looks like all the ones that do congestion are in store only?

You cannot get anything for congestion (Sudafed, allergy + Sudafed, et al) online or in the same level of bulk.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

RJWaters2 posted:

"Half-hour drive"
I drive an hour to my church every month and the cash back pays for my Executive membership. What a buffoon

This is America. Driving thirty minutes to a destination is a weekly occurrence.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

13Pandora13 posted:

You cannot get anything for congestion (Sudafed, allergy + Sudafed, et al) online or in the same level of bulk.

Annoying. I’ll have to go to the church tomorrow then.

I don’t normally get allergies but holy poo poo this year has been rough.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

reasons not to renew

quote:

1. You just never go

lol what

The rest of these reasons are trash too. These are problems with the writer. They never go, they're picky, and they're impulsive. Prime member? Amazon prices are garbage and absurdly expensive for basic things.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Mar 24, 2019

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah it's the opposite for me, I actually cancelled my prime subscription because the odd time that I have to buy something that I can't find at a local store is so few and far between that it's just worth paying for shipping. gently caress Amazon, praise be unto Costco

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Let's contrast and compare.

1. How Costco treats their employees.

2. How Amazon treats their employees.

Guess I made up my mind already. If we didn't have. Freezer full of those delicious mini naan that we are gonna make little pizzas with, I'd go buy a $5 rotisserie chicken and make chicken and rice burritos.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

This article was written by a man who has never comparison shopped prices vs. Amazon and just blindly assumes Amazon will always have the cheapest price (Amazon is loving garbage for lots of staples)

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
What's the queue like for Gas at your costco? In my town Costco is the only place that doesn't rip you off on fuel so the queue is always huge.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

What's the queue like for Gas at your costco?

Nonexistent except on weekends.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

El Jebus posted:

Let's contrast and compare.

1. How Costco treats their employees.

2. How Amazon treats their employees.

Guess I made up my mind already. If we didn't have. Freezer full of those delicious mini naan that we are gonna make little pizzas with, I'd go buy a $5 rotisserie chicken and make chicken and rice burritos.

Yup. Not only does costco offer great deals on quality merchandise, but shopping there is also a moral choice for your shopping dollar.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Leaving aside the other arguments, i think that Costco, or at least Kirkland, is also a well curated bunch of products. I try stuff that I normally wouldn't all the time at Costco because i know that if the Kirkland version isn't good, i probably won't like another brand of that product and the product itself isn't for me.

I might feel differently if i had access to, say, a Trader Joe's or something, but alas, Canada

E: this too. If I'm bothering to get in the car for practically anything these days it's a half hour trip.

SirPablo posted:

This is America. Driving thirty minutes to a destination is a weekly occurrence.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

What's the queue like for Gas at your costco? In my town Costco is the only place that doesn't rip you off on fuel so the queue is always huge.

Local Costco that just opened: pull up anytime you want, pumps are open.

Costco by work: City literally had to reengineer a major street because the pump lines were so long it was backed up into traffic and caused several accidents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

It was never a problem back in minneapolis. I could drive in and fill up at any time of day or week. It was also on the opposite side of the shopping center, for some reason, so you had to go slightly out of your way to get there. In scottsdale here uhhhh it's real bad, in the costco parking lot, and each of the 10 pumps has at least 4-6 cars in line all the time

Bummey fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Mar 25, 2019