Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Glambags posted:

Guess what brown sucks

what's the color of horse poo poo

Page 15 ivy League Snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

go murder Goldy, badgers

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

gently caress yes, one more to go!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

:siren: things have happened! :siren:

if i had a million bucks i would b uy a Pregnant sears mannequin
Cornell destroys Brown and Clarkson cruises by Harvard. They will face off tomorrow in Lake Placid.

flashing the coupon that allows me to poo poo in the kfc employee restroom, like a police badge, as i vault my big rear end over the counter
Neastern hangs on in OT to beat BU, and will face BC, who upset a likely disinterested UMass. Finals tomorrow at TD Garden. 7PM eastern on NESN

using my turn at a karaoke bar to try to do a 5 miunte routine that basically just says bryan singer is the new gawker writer or something
Cloud cruises by Colorado and awaits the winner of Duluth/Denver. Dawgs up 1-0 with about 6:30 to go in the 3rd there. Finals at xcel center tomorrow. Championship game at 7:30 CENTRAL on CBS Sports Network

JACKING OFF and committing FRAUD
Penn State at Notre Dame tomorrow. 8PM Eastern on Big Ten Network.

(rodent voice) its drat Friday night!!! And Ill be dipped in poo poo if I aint ready to throw down some pecker
BG/Minn-State in Mankato for the championship tomorrow night. Minn-State is locked in to the national tournament, BG's position looking better :pray: but man, just win it and get in you fuckers

listeing to the updated version of the "baby its cold outside" song where the guy's trying to convince the woman to leave so he can jack off

[flings self deep into old imgur uploads]

This is a Vivitar 800mm f/8 Mirror Lens, called such because it can see a great distance without needing to be very long, as the lenses are set up like a series of mirrors, as many telescopes are.

The image quality is not great but it's a cheap lens and it can see forever. it also creates a unique donut-shaped bokeh, as seen here:

It can also see incredibly far! On a sensor with a 2x crop factor, like my old Olympus OMD-EM1, it has a 1600mm equivalent focal length. Let's see how far that means!

This is Perry's Victory and International Peace Memorial, shortened to "Perry's Monument" by most. it is the world's largest Doric Column, at 352 feet tall. It stands as a commemmoration of the Battle of Lake Erie during the War of 1812. It is located on South Bass Island, just outside the town of Put-In-Bay, a party town off the coast of Ohio, near Port Clinton.

Well, that's a pretty close photo! I took that a few years ago with an old film camera of mine, and suffice to say I'm on the island itself quite near to the monument. Let's see how the mirror lens finds it!

Gracious, that's a pretty terrible picture! It's a hot, windy day and between the wind and the heat haze, that's not exactly a great shot!

"But DJ!" You exclaim, pointing accusingly at your computer or phone screen. "This is some trickery! My quick google search of South Bass Island tells me the island isn't even 4 miles long! You're clearly not on the island!" You would be correct, you eagle-eyed viewer, you! I'm actually next to the Marblehead Lighthouse back on the mainland, seen here.

P2280106 by Ben Wilcox, on Flickr

Marblehead is a beautiful lighthouse and actually the longest running lighthouse on the US side of the Great Lakes! It's constructed entirely of limestone, which is readily found in the area, and has kept sailors and boaters safe from the rocky shores for nearly 200 years now! So how far is this lighthouse from Perry's Monument? Let's measure!

Goodness, this lens can see quite far!

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Whoa cameras are interesting.

Anyways, Dogs win. Probably have a #1 seed sewed up for regionals, which owns. Gotta go gently caress up the Huskies now. This is our loving ice, and I'm gonna be there thanks to some free tickets.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Hell yeah enjoy the game :toot:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

If BC backs into the tourney again without winning a noncon game, gently caress off

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

BC, gently caress off

ftfy

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

We in fact do have a 1 seed locked up. Still, I'm glad we get at least one more crack at St Cloud. Those fuckers are getting a little too confident.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Oh no oh no oh no not OT not agaaaiiinnnnnn

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

:sigh:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

We're going to miss out by .0000000002 points again aren't we

E: yep down to 15th. Fabulous.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

HOLY loving poo poo I WAS WRONG, BOSTON COLLEGE LOSING PUT BG THROUGH HOLY SHIIIIITTTTTTTTT

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

It was only because of your doubt.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

spwrozek posted:

It was only because of your doubt.

AND I CAN DOUBT WITH THE BEST OF THEM :v:

We're probably going to get murderkilled by like Duluth or Cloud but I DO NOT EVEN CARE HOLY GODDAMN SHITFUCK WE'RE IN

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

That is how I usually feel as a Michigan Tech fan.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

lol Providence is a 4 seed and a site host

gently caress College Hockey

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

HEY DIPSHITS

WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP GAME TOMORROW

BE THERE

BUCKY VS GOLDY, THE GRUDGE MATCH RETURNS

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

How many times has Providence hosted as a 3 or 4 seed in the last like 7 years? I feel like it's been a lot

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Badgers strike first on a great one-timer.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Badgers, bitch

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Welp, it was a pretty good season all things considered. :(

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Is BGSU good?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ask DJ

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Good but very inconsistent. They locked down a very good Minn-State for about 55 minutes in the championship game then just totally collapsed to hand the game over.

Overall they're for drat sure not better than Duluth, but Bergeron is a very good coach (and Miami is probably going to target him to get him back) and they'll have no pressure on them going into that game. Their scoring depth is great and when Ryan Bednard is on his game he's one of the better goalies around.

For all my bemoaning, this is easily BG's best season in legitimately decades. They were pissed to have lost the WCHA, even though they knew they were in. They haven't been to the NCAAs since 1990, but they haven't won a conference since 1988.

It will probably wind up being a goaltending duel. Bednard and Shepard are both fantastic but Duluth has been here before and I think there's a lot to be said for that. I'd imagine it will be something like a 2-3 game that may not be as close as the score shows. Duluth doesn't strike me as a team that would look past BG, but weird poo poo happens in the first round.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Scott Sandelin has never lost an opening round game, I think. He's 17-4 in the tournament, or something absurd like that. So I don't think they are the kind of staff or team that will overlook any opponent in the tournament.

BGSU looks really good on paper. RPI dinged them because of their SoS it seems.

edit: It must be 17-6. He's been in the tournament 8 times (9th this year) and has won 2 titles, so 6 losses seems right.

Grand Theft Autobot fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Mar 25, 2019

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

UMD is remarkably deep and has the best goalie in the country. Shepard is on a completely different level.

https://twitter.com/TheNCHC/status/1109660585572995072?s=19

Scott Perunovich is out here doing things nobody else can do from the blue line, and he's got complete animals like Mikey Anderson backing him up. No look backhand to a streaking Anderson who absolutely crushes this puck.

https://twitter.com/TheNCHC/status/1109621087791284225?s=19

Our 3rd line freshman Tanner Laderoute should be getting a bit more praise for setting up the GTG on the kill and the GWG. Kid is legit.

https://twitter.com/TheNCHC/status/1109650156809416705?s=19

https://twitter.com/TheNCHC/status/1109670826486325248?s=19

Excellent plays.

Grand Theft Autobot fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Mar 25, 2019

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah Bowling Green is both a team that beat the dog piss out of a very good Ohio State team 8-2 and gave up a 2-4 loss to Bama-Huntsville. Which one shows up is anyone's guess.

I don't think they have the depth or the guns to the level Duluth does, but if the good version shows up they'll at least hang in there with them through most of it

DJExile fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Mar 25, 2019

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

It should be a good one. It would be sweet to get some revenge for 85 84.

edit: I might do some deeper dives on the current and potential Bulldog matchups. One very consistent theme this year is teams who excel at faceoffs give UMD a ton of trouble. UMD is the #1 CF% team in the country, but if they are getting killed on faceoffs they really struggle to keep consistent pressure.

To wit: the teams we have struggled most with this year, UND (2 losses), WMU (1 loss, 1 SOL), SCSU (3 losses), Denver (2 shutout loving losses), all land in the Top 20 for FO%. UND was 1, WMU tied for 2, SCSU tied for 7, and Denver was an outlier at 20. That's 8 of 11 losses to teams with top faceoffs. MN, Clarkson, and CC are all a little different to explain.

I am heartened to learn BGSU is 40th in FO%.

Grand Theft Autobot fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Mar 26, 2019

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
The UMass game is on ESPN2, that's pretty cool. I'd like to try and find a stream of the AIC game too. I hope they keep it interesting. They were 0-6 outside of the AH this year but they did face all tournament teams.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Every time it got real quiet in the arena I would yell

SCHULDT YOU SUCK!

As loud as I could. At first, people thought it was funny how well I timed up the silent moments. Eventually they figured out I was gonna do it the entire game and even friendlies started giving me some chirps about it.

Anyway, Jimmy Schuldt, the guy I was heckling, was responsible for the turnover that lead to the GWG. Fuckin' owned.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

T-Bone posted:

The UMass game is on ESPN2, that's pretty cool. I'd like to try and find a stream of the AIC game too. I hope they keep it interesting. They were 0-6 outside of the AH this year but they did face all tournament teams.

AIC is going to get 100% slaughtered and Atlantic Hockey 100% Does Not Deserve An Autobid

I'm glad they had this huge turn-around (sounds like they've never even been over .500 in their history) but when the conference's best team finishes in the bottom half of the pairwise there is zero reason that conference should send anyone to the tournament.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Ah yes the sanctity of the one game elimination hockey tournament. I'd rather see some weird team from the AH in then another at large team. Air Force eliminating WM and SCSU was great.

If anything they should add a few teams and do a few playins to give the top seeds an actual advantage.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Weird poo poo tends to happen to SCSU in the tournament. Getting jumped on by a hungry AIC team would be par for the course.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

I like you, GD, but:

#NewMass

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
good lord UMass has had so many loving chances. Need to get this past 1-0

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/NCAAIceHockey/status/1111724126887010304

lol