Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

are cmll and aaa indies they're family owned and operated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
there is no ethical consumption when wrestling is involved

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

KungFu Grip posted:

That's just what the people who give money to the child rape covering up rapists so they can sleep at night.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

KungFu Grip posted:

are you saying maricela peña and paco alonso are shady

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Smoking Crow posted:

are you saying maricela peña and paco alonso are shady

Maricela is shady but the Roldáns are fine upstanding gentlemen

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

abraham linksys posted:

Also RevPro seems to totally rule, though I guess their TV show wasn't very good. Hope they're doing alright, I know the NJPW shows sell out and the Cockpit shows I've been to were a blast. I wonder if they helped bring El Phantasmo to NJPW?

Traveling on a cheap bus to London and going to RevPro shows is something I do genuinely miss about moving from the UK. Only ever did York Hall, but was always a really good time.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
in 2019 in indie wrestling i am very much looking forward to beyond's uncharted territory and gcw's janela and orange cassidy branded shows.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
We have a $10 show in Portland that draws maybe 100-150 people every week to an Eagles Lodge. We currently have a monster heel named Meat that can only be defeated by throwing vegetables at him. It's a good time.

BCW 4 life

https://www.wweek.com/culture/2018/07/10/every-sunday-you-can-watch-high-drama-low-budget-wrestling-at-the-north-portland-eagles-lodge/

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
That looks like a ton of fun.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

We have a $10 show in Portland that draws maybe 100-150 people every week to an Eagles Lodge. We currently have a monster heel named Meat that can only be defeated by throwing vegetables at him. It's a good time.

BCW 4 life

https://www.wweek.com/culture/2018/07/10/every-sunday-you-can-watch-high-drama-low-budget-wrestling-at-the-north-portland-eagles-lodge/

Please bring in Shawn Stasiak to feud with Meat.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

NienNunb posted:

If you regularly watch Progress (which isn’t an indie) you are a bad person.

Any reason behind this other than the WWE link? When I used to live London Progress live shows were a hell of good time.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

My local indie, Smash, has a decent show tomorrow, headlined by Bryan Cage vs Speedball.

quote:

Smash Wrestling Championship Match
Brent Banks vs. Tarik

Brian Cage vs. ‘Speedball’ Mike Bailey

The Renegades vs. TDT vs. Kill/Screen

Jordynne Grace vs Carter Mason

Sebastian Suave vs. Matt Cross

Jody Threat vs. Veda Scott

Tyson Dux vs. Jay Freddie

The Kevin Bennett Experience vs The Butcher, The Blade & Mike Rollins

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

im glad all of the indies are dead

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
We still have Bar Wrestling.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Please talk about ohio valley wrestling in here.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

Venomous posted:

tbh when I get more into the Berlin wrestling scene I might end up doing an effortpost about GWF since they kinda rule + have a lot of cool indie European talent, but for now I can only say: rip in peace Western indie wrestling, late capitalism was always doomed to catch up with you eventually

I at least would like to hear more about GWF - I've watched their Three Count shows and liked them but never really bothered to watch the events.

abraham linksys posted:

I dunno, I don't think supporting a fed-linked indie is inherently that awful at this point. Of course, the only decent indie that runs NYC is Evolve, so I sort of had to make my peace with it (and I certainly feel better supporting them than, like, ROH).

Also RevPro seems to totally rule, though I guess their TV show wasn't very good. Hope they're doing alright, I know the NJPW shows sell out and the Cockpit shows I've been to were a blast. I wonder if they helped bring El Phantasmo to NJPW?

I've started looking around a bit at the local NYC indies; obviously the average match and talent quality isn't as high, but Evolve's storytelling has been declining for a while and when their second rebrand in a year was "Featuring NXT's Whoever!!!" I lost all interest. Outlaw Wrestling had a weird, fun show with Kaiji Big Battel a few months back (though they do book Shlak, or at least did for their last show), and there's like, two drag & wrestling promotions that seem fun if you're into that.

I don't know if it's fair to put wXw and ICW in the same category of "too attached to WWE to be indie" as that bullshit. (But then again, I am a huge wXw fan, so I'm kind of biased.) I'm also not sure how helpful it is to be super strict about the term "indie", at least to the extent where we're saying VC backing or being owned by billionaires doesn't count. Not that I want this thread to be AEW chat, but there's got to be some term for "non WWE wrestling that is not so big".

But I'm prone to being stupidly optimistic about wrestling so :shrug:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

there's got to be some term for "non WWE wrestling that is not so big".

The lower leagues. ROH is Championship level, Evolve just got relegated to the Conference North, that's 6 tiers below the Premier League.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
https://twitter.com/PWAwrestlingca/status/1109924025080250368?s=19

I really ought to get to a PWA show one of these days.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

love the seven hashtags and yet i still have no idea who either of those wrestlers are.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

hey I just wanted to say I made fun of Jimmy Havoc and Rickey Shane Page being in the BJW Deathmatch Survivor in the last topic and one of you reprimanded me by saying RSP is good and I want to apologise to that person, because I just saw RSP put on a 7 minute long MOTYC in said tournament (albeit with Masashi Takeda who is the best deathmatch wrestler and one of the best wrestlers of any stripe in the world)

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Deathlove posted:

love the seven hashtags and yet i still have no idea who either of those wrestlers are.

One is Michael Richard Blais who was trained by Tyson Kidd and has done some jobs in WWE and Evolve, and I think the other is PWA Original Marky.

...so you probably still don't have much of an idea.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

hey I just wanted to say I made fun of Jimmy Havoc and Rickey Shane Page being in the BJW Deathmatch Survivor in the last topic and one of you reprimanded me by saying RSP is good and I want to apologise to that person, because I just saw RSP put on a 7 minute long MOTYC in said tournament (albeit with Masashi Takeda who is the best deathmatch wrestler and one of the best wrestlers of any stripe in the world)

i accept your apology

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Chinston Wurchill posted:

One is Michael Richard Blais who was trained by Tyson Kidd and has done some jobs in WWE and Evolve, and I think the other is PWA Original Marky.

...so you probably still don't have much of an idea.

I just want the feds to tag the wrestlers that are doing this stuff, is all! thank you for the info, I definitely thought low-res Blais was a Candace Lerae knockoff.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

The last indie is $5 Wrestling aka IWA Deep South aka $10 Wrestling aka Literally Just Alabama

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Mob posted:

The last indie is $5 Wrestling aka IWA Deep South aka $10 Wrestling aka Literally Just Alabama

y'all come on down real soon, y'hear

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

whenyouhearthatFREIGHTTRAINcominyouknowtheTRAINISHEREwoooWOOWOOWOOWOOWOOWOO

FREIGHT TRAIN

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I love picking out different people in the crowd to watch each time it loops. The kid in the front row with an insanely delayed reaction might be my favorite, but I also like the person a few rows up who is either filming or just looking at their phone. No reaction whatsoever when it happens. They just look up with the least effort possible a second or two after the bump and it kills me each time.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Next Mucha Lucha Atlanta date is June 30.

Will be interesting to see who is available, so I fully expect the main event to feature Bobby Flaco and David Tita.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

AAW Pro Wrestling
presents
EPIC: The 15 Year Anniversary Event

Friday, April 12, 2019
115 Bourbon Street
3359 W. 115th St
Merrionette Park, IL
7:30pm Bell Time
Doors Open 6:00pm
All Ages Event

Front Row - SOLD OUT
Front Row Stage - SOLD OUT
Second Row - SOLD OUT
Second Row Stage - $40
Third Row - $30
Fourth Row - $25
Fifth Row - $25
General Admission - $20

Purchase tickets at aawpro.ticketleap.com

Featuring:

AAW Tag Team Championship Match
The Lucha Bros vs. LAX

AAW Heritage Championship Match
DJZ vs. MJF

Sammy Guevara vs. Darby Allin

Plus:
AAW Heavyweight Champion: Sami Callihan
AAW Women's Champion: Jessicka Havok
AR Fox
Myron Reed
David Starr
Jake Something
Curt Stallion
Eddie Kingston
Jimmy Jacobs
FATU w/ Armando Estrada
Mance Warner
Besties in the World

The AAW debuts of:
Shazza McKenzie
Adam Brooks
Kris Statlander

More To Be Announced
Card Subject To Change

Fad
Nov 13, 2002

I dont care.
It feels like LAX vs Lucha Bros has been done everywhere many times at this point.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Blitzkrieg Pro is running shows 2 weeks apart. This Saturday and 2 weeks after that, then one in May in Hartford. This is nice since prior to this, they went 3, 4, 5 months between shows

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Warrior Wresting 5 takes place on Sunday, May 12th at 2:00pm.

This is the FINAL Warrior show until at least the fall, so you don't want to miss this incredible action!

Many of these matches have been building since September, and they will all come to a conclusion at Warrior 5!

Get your tickets HERE: https://warriorwrestling.ticketleap.com/warrior-wrestling-5/

1. Warrior Wrestling Championship Match - Brian Cage vs. Wardlow

2. Inaugural Warrior Wrestling Women's Championship Match - Tessa Blanchard vs. Jordynne Grace with Special Guest Referee Molly Holly (Nora Greenwald)

3. STEEL CAGE MATCH - Austin Aries vs. Eddie Edwards

4. The Lucha Bros. (Fenix and Pentagon) vs. Daga and Volodor Jr

5. HAIR VS. CLOWN MATCH - Brian Pillman Jr. vs. The Ego Robert Anthony (w/ Frank the Clown)

** If Ego wins, he and Frank the Clown will cut Pillman's mullet off in the center of the ring. If Pillman wins, Ego must leave and Pillman gets 5 minutes alone in the ring with Frank the Clown.

6. Sam Adonis vs. Pat Monix

7. SIX MAN SCRAMBLE MATCH: Dezmond Xavier vs. Trey Miguel vs. Zachary Wentz bs. Ace Austin vs. Kotto Brazil vs. Gringo Loco

8. The Space Pirates vs. The Ugly Ducklings

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

What does AAW stand for

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

What does AAW stand for

Quality

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Smoking Crow posted:

What does AAW stand for

I think it originally stood for "all American wrestling" but now it's like KFC or wwe where the acronym isn't supposed to mean anything anymore.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Anyone going to APW on Sat in Daly City?

Main is SCU vs Fatu and Reno Scum.

https://twitter.com/allprowrestling/status/1110588015682830336?s=09

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

shiksa posted:

I think it originally stood for "all American wrestling" but now it's like KFC or wwe where the acronym isn't supposed to mean anything anymore.

All Alite Wrestling

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

AAW's gonna get the Eddie Kingston retirement match, right?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

AAW's gonna get the Eddie Kingston retirement match, right?

Chikara might. Eddie seems like a guy who puts a lot of stock in acknowledging where you came from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fightful is saying Janela's Spring Break is already confirmed for Mania Weekend next year. GCW already has a contract with a building in Tampa to run shows.