Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

A Yahoo article? No thanks. Just saw them sell out to Verizon and drastically increase their data sharing of their already garbage line of technology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

What's the queue like for Gas at your costco? In my town Costco is the only place that doesn't rip you off on fuel so the queue is always huge.

I've never had to wait in line. Our pumps are also brand new so I think a lot of people don't know they exist, despite the giant signs, banners, and the 2 months of construction because people are loving idiots.

My Costco is 7 minutes away from my apartment so it's trivial to just swing by to buy one or two things (and a dog). poo poo owns.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I live less than one mile from Costco

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

One Costco is 15 minutes away. One is 25 away, and a third is 35 minutes away.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

shovelbum posted:

I live less than one mile from Costco

I can look out my windows at work and see Costco. If I'm not buying frozen goods, I can shop at lunchtime. No lines :)

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
I have a Costco 5 minutes from work and 5 minutes from home so I’m ‘stco-ing all the time

going to the one by work in the middle of a weekday owns, going on the weekend is a madhouse in the parking lot. gas lines are loving bananas too, I don’t understand lining up 30 deep to save 7 cents a gallon but whatever

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Captain Beans posted:

I have a Costco 5 minutes from work and 5 minutes from home so I’m ‘stco-ing all the time

going to the one by work in the middle of a weekday owns, going on the weekend is a madhouse in the parking lot. gas lines are loving bananas too, I don’t understand lining up 30 deep to save 7 cents a gallon but whatever

They're usually like 25c a gallon cheaper here in Michigan. My closest one is about 5 minutes away, so I run in there probably twice a week, and almost always get my gas from there.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

UltraRed posted:

I can look out my windows at work and see Costco. If I'm not buying frozen goods, I can shop at lunchtime. No lines :)

Chicken bake lunch

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Did some shopping at Costco

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Captain Beans posted:

I mean if you're filling up for the week and you use your Costco card to get rewards and its cheaper than anywhere else....

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Trash Trick posted:

Did some shopping at Costco

Filled up my gas tank this morning. 10.2 gallons for less than $25 :smug:

This will me close to 400 miles :smug::smug::smug:

In my Ford Focus :(

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Got those limoncello almonds, highly recommend.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I live about 5 or 8 mins away from a costco. Depends if I hit all red lights getting there. My only real complaint is that it's located next to a walmart, target, and other random crap so the parking lot and driving into said parking lot can get pretty annoying.

My dad keeps buying Kirkland brand trail mix and mixing it in a giant jug with other NUTZ he buys for the office. All I do is eat nuts all day.

Bless up

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Ravendas posted:

They're usually like 25c a gallon cheaper here in Michigan. My closest one is about 5 minutes away, so I run in there probably twice a week, and almost always get my gas from there.

My local Costco gas is the same price or more expensive than the local Kroger store gas station :shrug:

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

What is this magic bitchin sauce I hear y’all talk about? Have yet to find it in my Co

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Cobra Commander posted:

What is this magic bitchin sauce I hear y’all talk about? Have yet to find it in my Co

Its like hummus except much better. they usually have this flavor but there are others as well. Its local here (San Diego_ so they have the people from the company giving out samples some weekends!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Almonds seem like a weird selling feature of that sauce but ok?

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

flashy_mcflash posted:

You seem to be missing out here.

"Almond-based, Vegan, Gluten-Free, and Non-GMO sauce"

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Relevant Tangent posted:

Got those limoncello almonds, highly recommend.

I saw them today but was in a rush and figured I'd ask here. Your post is a message from Lord Kirkland. I know what I'll do next time.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
They had a big tin of honey roasted mixed nuts that survived roughly 48 hours in my household

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm gonna have to admit I thought this way too when I saw it at the church. Then once day my cousin busted out a tub and it was game over from then. Stuff is insanely good. It's chipotle sauce for dippin. Ignore the almond part. Also, it's really not good for if you eat it like I eat it. Smothering it all over chicken bakes and my face.

:gizz:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Moey posted:

You seem to be missing out here.

"Almond-based, Vegan, Gluten-Free, and Non-GMO sauce"

So many foods only nail 3 out of the 4. Finally there’s something for me!

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

I love romesco sauce made with almonds, so that was the first thing I thought of.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

My local 'Co is now offering a 6-pack of strawberry-filled, powdered-sugar-dusted croissants for like $9. They looked amazing but unfortunately, were a bit of a letdown. The moisture from the strawberry filling kinda permeated the whole croissant and removed any crispness from the layers. They're still very tasty, but if I want some real croissant action, I'm going to have to stick to the regular 12-packs they have.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

I love romesco sauce made with almonds, so that was the first thing I thought of.

Roasted cashew salsa is pretty drat good. At first I assumed I would not like it.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

The Midniter posted:

My local 'Co is now offering a 6-pack of strawberry-filled, powdered-sugar-dusted croissants for like $9. They looked amazing but unfortunately, were a bit of a letdown. The moisture from the strawberry filling kinda permeated the whole croissant and removed any crispness from the layers. They're still very tasty, but if I want some real croissant action, I'm going to have to stick to the regular 12-packs they have.

Yeah they're good, but if I want something strawberry filled with powdered sugar on it I'd rather just get some donuts.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
My Costco is testing me.

My faith, though shaken, remains strong.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Hambulance posted:

My Costco is testing me.

Now you feel how the rest of us with no fries feel.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

The Hambulance posted:

My Costco is testing me.

You motherfucker. All I want are some GOD damned holy french fries at my church and you have the nerve to complain about a temporary outage. SMFH

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Thinkin' bout that Bitchin Sauce. And broccoli

Went to Costco over the weekend. They had a Bitchin Sauce roadshow. Had like 8 different flavors, build your own 3 pack for $9. I stayed traditional and went with the chipotle though.

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

RJWaters2 posted:

"Half-hour drive"
I drive an hour to my church every month and the cash back pays for my Executive membership. What a buffoon

I live about 4 hours away from my nearest Costco. We did drop our executive membership as we were only going about 4 times a year and never bought enough to make up the difference vs. Gold Star, but I'll maintain the membership no matter what. Costco's online selection is pretty good and you can get most stuff there for about the same price as the warehouse, perfect for people like me who can't make it to the 'Co on a regular basis.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

uli2000 posted:

I live about 4 hours away from my nearest Costco. We did drop our executive membership as we were only going about 4 times a year and never bought enough to make up the difference vs. Gold Star, but I'll maintain the membership no matter what. Costco's online selection is pretty good and you can get most stuff there for about the same price as the warehouse, perfect for people like me who can't make it to the 'Co on a regular basis.

move closer

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

uli2000 posted:

Went to Costco over the weekend. They had a Bitchin Sauce roadshow. Had like 8 different flavors, build your own 3 pack for $9. I stayed traditional and went with the chipotle though.

Praise be unto BITCHIN' SAUCE

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Bitchin fries coming to a Costco near you

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Hadn't been to the 'tco in at least a month, went today to get a chicken and some brie and swiffers and random stuff.

Saw they had a self serve kiosk table set up, friendly costco employee standing there. But nobody was using it, everyone just standing in line!

Went up and pushed that pizza button, like 30 seconds later dude had my slice of 'a ready. poo poo owns. Costco employee gave me a nod, you got this!

Everyone else: still standing in line.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
You can only use the kiosk if you pay with a card, you still have to stand in line if you're paying cash. The Costco employee was most likely standing there to tell everyone exactly that. That's how we did it at my Costco right after we got the kiosk. But it's also just as likely that the people in line are idiots.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

hakimashou posted:

Hadn't been to the 'tco in at least a month, went today to get a chicken and some brie and swiffers and random stuff.

Saw they had a self serve kiosk table set up, friendly costco employee standing there. But nobody was using it, everyone just standing in line!

Went up and pushed that pizza button, like 30 seconds later dude had my slice of 'a ready. poo poo owns. Costco employee gave me a nod, you got this!

Everyone else: still standing in line.

I'm torn on don't think I like the kiosk. It's easier for us, sure. I asked the workers if they liked it and a few of them said it just made a lot more work for them since half the people wander off after they get their ticket and the workers have to yell numbers until the person with the ticket shows up.

Why wouldn't you go right over to the counter and pick up your food?

It also takes up a lot of space in the middle of the former queue area and makes people cluster around and obstruct the way to the counter.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Mar 26, 2019

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

No Bitchin Sauce at my church, the name is probably too edgy for us wholesome Indiana folk.

Did get to restock on chicken burgers while they are in stock though, and those greek yogurt mint choc chip popsicles that are on sale this month are very good and diet friendly.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Eltoasto posted:

greek yogurt mint choc chip popsicles

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarsellusWallace
Nov 9, 2010

Well he doesn't WANT
to look like a bitch!

FCKGW posted:

My local Costco gas is the same price or more expensive than the local Kroger store gas station :shrug:

Yes, but Costco gas is probably better, since it's Top Tier compliant (an improved detergent blend that was written by a bunch of carmakers)

That's right. Even Kirkland Brand gasoline is a better generic product than what's offered at lesser merchants.