Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
Aside from low and high needing to be switched I’m not seeing what’s wrong with this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

HerStuddMuffin posted:

Aside from low and high needing to be switched I’m not seeing what’s wrong with this one.

Awful/funny graphs and charts

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Bar graph should've been 3 trash cans of different heights

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

MrUnderbridge posted:

I guess it's supposed to be a moon?

Looks like a somewhat off-shaped dog bed to me maybe?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Dave Grool posted:

We're all eating from the trash can of ideology now

*zizek peeks his head out of the dumpster to see if you've left yet*

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

I am doing research to build a computer and this article has one of the best charts I have ever seen. They explain this chart by saying "Determining acoustic efficiency, also referred to as cooling-to-noise ratio, is a matter of averaging all five of our tests to determine a base value". I have reread the whole article several times and I still can't figure it out.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I am doing research to build a computer and this article has one of the best charts I have ever seen. They explain this chart by saying "Determining acoustic efficiency, also referred to as cooling-to-noise ratio, is a matter of averaging all five of our tests to determine a base value". I have reread the whole article several times and I still can't figure it out.

They took each individual measure, computed its average for all 5 cases tested, and then reported individual case levels via ((CASE/AVERAGE)*100%)-100%. Impressively dumb.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
So wait, wouldn't that just be kind of like a variance? :psyduck: like what is efficiency in relation to?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

pro tip if you click the article link, on the third page they have another chart which derived one of its inputs from the bonkers chart i posted. oh yes

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

So wait, wouldn't that just be kind of like a variance? :psyduck: like what is efficiency in relation to?

Efficiency is in relation to average efficiency. It’s not variance though, as that is squared.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://twitter.com/channel5_tv/status/1109907737519882240

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
A Tory probably made that.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Doritos and Pringles over Kettle and Tyrell‘s? :psyduck:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

i think it has to be troll bait to get americans to say "british food lol" because why else would you put all mass market american snacks in the top tier (assuming Walkers potato chips are similar to Lays)

yeah i still buy a dorito a couple times a year but cmon

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Lutha Mahtin posted:

i think it has to be troll bait to get americans to say "british food lol" because why else would you put all mass market american snacks in the top tier (assuming Walkers potato chips are similar to Lays)

either trollbait or advertising :shrug:

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
do your patriotic duty and only eat tayto crisps

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

System Metternich posted:

Doritos and Pringles over Kettle and Tyrell‘s? :psyduck:

Worse yet, Quavers and Wotsits are Mid Tier.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

plain lays dipped in yellow mustard is :perfect:

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
i take it back look at the state of ni/uk taytos on the left

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Hot Cheetos, Sabritones, and Takis Fuego, everything else can go in the dumpster

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Looking at the responses Britter is basically outraged, so I think it's trollbait for everyone. I agree on at least one point - Pringles are absolutely not the peak of crisps.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Are pringles even legally crisps?

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

90s Cringe Rock posted:

They're like the homeopathy of crisps. There was a potato involved in the process once.

That was blatantly created to get people enraged.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I like Pringles, but honestly I think of them more as being potato crackers than chips.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

90s Cringe Rock posted:

I always thought they were called crisps here in the US to distinguish them from chips. That just causes problems with the UK nomenclature though so I'm assuming they're called "wee potatoey bites" or something over there.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Between 2008 and 2009 they weren't, but they are now.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

big trivia FAIL posted:

plain lays dipped in yellow mustard is :perfect:

Real mustard or American?

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Why is it a pyramid? That implies that the lovely crisps make a foundation for the better ones which makes no sense.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

itskage posted:

Why is it a pyramid? That implies that the lovely crisps make a foundation for the better ones which makes no sense.

My guess is it's a play on the food pyramid, which also makes no sense for the reasons you describe but is a pre-existing reference point for food diagrams.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
You're supposed to eat tons of lesser chips and only a handful of Pringles.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

I always thought they were called crisps here in the US to distinguish them from chips. That just causes problems with the UK nomenclature though so I'm assuming they're called "wee potatoey bites" or something over there.

it gets even more galaxy brained when you consider that snacks made of grain can be called chips, such as doritos being labeled "corn chips". but if you do it with a potato, frito-lay will have 1000 lawyers at your door

then there are also "veggie straws" which are basically a pringle but shot out of some kind of extruder so they look approximately like a drinking straw. oh but why are they called "veggie" straws? Well some of the straws in your bag will be red or green colored. This means the manufacturer added just enough of a green vegetable to some of the straws, and enough of a red veggie to some other ones, in order that they can classify them as "VEGETABLE AND POTATO SNACK" :pseudo:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Potato is already a vegetable! They're all veggie snacks

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

mandatory lesbian posted:

Potato is already a vegetable! They're all veggie snacks

Potato is pomme de terre, ground apple, therefore it is a fruit!

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Nenonen posted:

Potato is pomme de terre, ground apple, therefore it is a fruit!

There's no bread on it, on any side.

Therefore it is a soup.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Lutha Mahtin posted:

it gets even more galaxy brained when you consider that snacks made of grain can be called chips, such as doritos being labeled "corn chips". but if you do it with a potato, frito-lay will have 1000 lawyers at your door

then there are also "veggie straws" which are basically a pringle but shot out of some kind of extruder so they look approximately like a drinking straw. oh but why are they called "veggie" straws? Well some of the straws in your bag will be red or green colored. This means the manufacturer added just enough of a green vegetable to some of the straws, and enough of a red veggie to some other ones, in order that they can classify them as "VEGETABLE AND POTATO SNACK" :pseudo:

I don’t understand why doritos or corn chips are in this post. Doritos aren’t great but they are indeed corn chips, and corn chips are in fact a real thing that was not invented by US companies, and there are a shitload of tasty ones out there

Unless you’re suggesting that doritos are not made of fried corn, in which case, uuuuh, you know doritos are american right?

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
From the PR disasters thread:

https://twitter.com/lilfidget/status/1108875562343256064

Sure, it's dismissive of their customers, but the real crime here is the contrast.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Games Bimbo reporting for duty

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I am a games guru. I know all the tips and tricks to Pac-Man.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Maybe somebody said "uh this seems like a bad idea", and Al King pushed back, so they met in the middle by making it real hard to read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
I'm the several-decades-outdated EA logo