Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Let's shoot this arrow at the apple sitting on a bookshelf with a framed family photograph sitting right behind it. Oh poo poo I shot the apple and the arrow went through it and hit the picture frame and shattered the glass cover, while damaging that family photograph. This was totally unexpected!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

To be completely honest, if I didn't know better I'd say this was a backdoor pilot for a Star City 2040 series following William and Mia, and I would definitely watch that.

I'm going to miss Arrow because the fight scenes are always so good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's the rumor.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

...adopted? Connor is adopted?

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Bruceski posted:

...adopted? Connor is adopted?

The Legends erased the future where John Diggle Jr. took on the name Connor Hawke and the mantle of the Green Arrow, however through the magic of time fuckery and writer's room retcons, a guy who looks exactly the same as him, also named Connor Hawke, was adopted by John and Lyla and he became a secret agent for "Nightwatch" and I think he's Bronze Tiger's son????

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Mia's educational credentials are far more prestigious than I'd imagined.

Like; if you're hiring a ninja vigilante 'trained from infancy by an al'Ghul' must be at least equivalent to an Ivy League education on your resume.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
This was significantly more watchable than I expected

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I've hated all the future stuff, but this was pretty good, probably because the finally got to the fireworks factory.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Mia is a terrible character.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Slamhound posted:

Mia is a terrible character.

She's fantastic. She perfectly captures what the offspring of Felicity and Oliver would be like: All the badassery of her father, perfectly fused with her mother's penchant for melodrama and cry talking.

But jests aside; that fight in the CEO's office is what sold me on the character.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Thinking about it some more this episode gave me really strong Fringe vibes, specifically Letters of Transit, the fourth season episode that was also a flash forward and centered on the daughter of the two main characters tracking down her missing parents.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The CW seems to think Katherine McNamara is a future superstar so they're trying to make her a thing. I mean, she's stunning but not a great actress.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rhyno posted:

The CW seems to think Katherine McNamara is a future superstar so they're trying to make her a thing. I mean, she's stunning but not a great actress.

Yeah there is way too much "close up on her as she makes a sassy remark and broods", but good lordy she's purdy

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

howe_sam posted:

That is some subtle old lady makeup on Felicity

She is one of the younger main actors on the show so in 20 years she'll still be in her 40s.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It was nice to see the next generation of heroes has the same problems with constantly lying and not telling people stuff.

So the street party, that was going to turn into an orgy right? Like thats why everyone had masks and robes?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhyno posted:

she needs a whoooooole lotta work on her Blackstar. Rose can get away with that flat growl-snarl because she's behind a bat mask. McNamara needs to stop speaking through her teeth to sound tough, it just sounds like Female Charlton Heston most of the time.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Zutaten posted:

The Legends erased the future where John Diggle Jr. took on the name Connor Hawke and the mantle of the Green Arrow, however through the magic of time fuckery and writer's room retcons, a guy who looks exactly the same as him, also named Connor Hawke, was adopted by John and Lyla and he became a secret agent for "Nightwatch" and I think he's Bronze Tiger's son????

BARRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :argh:

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Chokes McGee posted:

she needs a whoooooole lotta work on her Blackstar. Rose can get away with that flat growl-snarl because she's behind a bat mask. McNamara needs to stop speaking through her teeth to sound tough, it just sounds like Female Charlton Heston most of the time.

Charlton Heston was super tough though.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Zutaten posted:

became a secret agent for "Nightwatch" and I think he's Bronze Tiger's son????

According to closed captioning, it's actually Knightwatch, so maybe in the hellfuture the Waynes/Kanes set up some sort of FBI agency, or someone at ARGUS wanted to re-brand the organization and really liked Batman.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chokes McGee posted:

BARRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :argh:

This one's totally Ray's fault.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Okay so if Connor isn't John Diggle Jr, then what the hell was the point of gender swapping the baby in Flashpoint?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

nine-gear crow posted:

Okay so if Connor isn't John Diggle Jr, then what the hell was the point of gender swapping the baby in Flashpoint?

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

The Lord Bude posted:

But jests aside; that fight in the CEO's office is what sold me on the character.

The double for the fight scene was amazing. Would love to know who it was.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

TwoPair posted:

According to closed captioning, it's actually Knightwatch, so maybe in the hellfuture the Waynes/Kanes set up some sort of FBI agency, or someone at ARGUS wanted to re-brand the organization and really liked Batman.

In the comics, Knightwatch was basically the military arm of the D.E.O. back when that org was essentially proto-ARGUS in that its scope was everything from metas to aliens to magic.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Really surprised to see the positive reaction in this thread. Watching this episode just made me think "I'm glad this show is ending."

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I want to see the debriefing for the surviving goons that tried to kill Mia.

Chief: "So you had her surrounded and outnumbered, she was unarmed and you had automatic weapons?"
Guard2: "Yeah but she threw something into the lights, it was pretty startling."
Chief: "So it was really dark and you couldn't see? Did she have nightvision?"
Guard4: "No it wasn't that dark. Everyone could see just fine. I guess it was a statement or something on her part that the fight was starting."
Chief: "Jesus christ. Thank you aristotle. So if you could all see why didnt you shoot her?"
Guard3 "We were told to take her alive."
Chief: "You fired like 400 rounds at her, I feel like I'm not getting something here."
Guard5: "We aren't dumb! We were aiming to wound! But we had to wait turns and be careful not to shoot our friends!"
Chief: " Wait turns?"
Guard4 "Yeah, Frank was doing kung fu with her so I stood back looking real anxious but ready to pounce. What am I supposed to do, risk hitting Frank?!"
Chief: "....So what did you end up doing once it wasn't Frank's turn?"
Guard4: "She did this spin kick off of Frank and took me out."
Chief: "While you were staring directly at her?"
Guard4: "Well yeah thats how I know how she kicked me."
Chief: "Ramirez what were you doing during the spin kick."
Guard8: "I was waiting for Frank's turn to be over, so then it would be Ben's turn but she kinda took them out at the same time so we didn't know who was supposed to go next and when I turned to Andrew to sort out the turn thing she hit me from behind and then used my gun to shoot Andrew."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I know TV shows have to make do with the budget they have but it was still kind of funny how in the big fight scene in the CEO's office it became clear that it was just a redressed version of the stolen apartment.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

I know TV shows have to make do with the budget they have but it was still kind of funny how in the big fight scene in the CEO's office it became clear that it was just a redressed version of the stolen apartment.

I was shocked the Arrow Cave set is still standing.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Huh, and here I thought it was a redress of the Mayor's office, shows how closely I pay attention to things

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

howe_sam posted:

Huh, and here I thought it was a redress of the Mayor's office, shows how closely I pay attention to things

You can tell when they reuse the apartment set because of those giant floor to ceiling windows.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I wonder which show is going to inherit it when Arrow ends.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
So have they addressed where the hell Oliver & Diggle are in these flashforward sequences yet, or do we just have to assume that it has something to do with Arrow ending next season, or the upcoming Crisis of Infinite Earth's crossover next season?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The way they're acting Oliver is deffo dead.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
SPOILERS

Amell posted a bit of him getting some special appliance for his old man makeup and he was alive in that other version of 2040 with a similar look to what he put on Instagram

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Oliver is deffo comic-book-dead.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
His arm is real person dead

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

The way they're acting Oliver is deffo dead.

he was alive but presumed dead in the episode of Legends called Star City 2046. Maybe he's already presumed dead.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Why did Diggle yell Dante's name instead of just shooting him.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

The invoice for one (1) crime billable to a Malcolm Merlyn complete with a diagram of explosives placement was pretty slick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Man, this drama with Emiko is really splitting up Team Arrow into different sides.

Also I wonder if Ray knows what's going on at his old company.