Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's in my head that he was Mr Destiny2year1 and was trying to convince the streamers at that "fix the game summit" last year that fixed rolls were good

And he likes slow ability recharges and high TTK and hand cannon bloom and is a big stupid jerk

im pretty sure that was weisnewski

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Not much, weisnewski with you???

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Ham hands does exactly what his name implies.

He bad

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Not much, weisnewski with you???

not much i dont go to work for another 3 hours and dont get home until after midnight

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

And he likes slow ability recharges and high TTK and hand cannon bloom and is a big stupid jerk

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

And he likes... hand cannon bloom and is a big stupid jerk

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

...hand cannon bloom...

Yeah gently caress this guy.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Legs Benedict posted:

not much i dont go to work for another 3 hours and dont get home until after midnight

Another late shift at the gay store eh?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

Another late shift at the gay store eh?

yeah you’d be surprised at how many customers we get

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
And yet they always make feel like I'm their #1 customer

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Clan Perks.

These dates assume your clan hits the 100,000xp/week cap. QUITE lame in my opinion that the "Play Gambit Prime with Clanmates" becomes available seven weeks into the season of Gambit Prime, but the reward is a (powerful) Prime Weapon, which are rare as all hell, so that's no doubt an intentional way to renew interest halfway through the season.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Hawthorne while her bird jiggle humps in the background: "how's the clan going?"

Me: "loving horrible you rear end because the perks suck and take forever to earn anyways"

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

how do I join the PS4 clan speaking of which

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Post a jpg of George Costanza.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

cvnvcnv posted:

Post a jpg of George Costanza.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

https://discord.gg/GdB3aM

Post two photos of Dwayne Johnson and a copy of your passport and whether or not you stole your mom's credit card to buy diet pills.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Iirc Hamrick was the "play strikes" guy when they tightened the sbmm screws to the stupid degree and was behind the vanilla bullshit of destiny 2 PvP with no in air accuracy and "encourage team shooting".

gently caress that dude.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
i thought that was caroll

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Hamrick was personally responsible for every single one of your least favorite aspects of Destiny, and he set them up specifically to piss off you. Yeah, you, the one reading this.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

haveblue posted:

Hamrick was personally responsible for every single one of your least favorite aspects of Destiny, and he set them up specifically to piss off you. Yeah, you, the one reading this.

yeah gently caress those crucible pinnacle weapons

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
If I'm reading it correctly, he either

- Did a bunch of really bad things

- Did nothing at all, but was Design Lead

So in either case good riddance

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Really, fire all of Bungie and hire everyone in this thread that is not a PS4 owner.

Xbox players literally come up with the best ideas to fix stuff.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

xzzy posted:

Really, fire all of Bungie and hire everyone in this thread that is not a PS4 owner.

Xbox players literally come up with the best ideas to fix stuff.

RIP bone krew

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

xzzy posted:

yeah gently caress those crucible pinnacle weapons

This but unironically. Those 180 pinnacle weapons made PvP bland as gently caress.

There was a sweet spot between the 2.0 patch and before everyone got Lunas/NF where PvP was extremely good and loadouts were varied.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

This but unironically. Those 180 pinnacle weapons made PvP bland as gently caress.

There was a sweet spot between the 2.0 patch and before everyone got Lunas/NF where PvP was extremely good and loadouts were varied.

It might be more tolerable if you had to be legit good to get one (though it raises an valid debate topic where if you're that good it doesn't loving matter if you have an OP gun or not) because the problem I see is that any idiot can faceroll their way to one if they invest enough time and it's saturating the game. Now that it's even easier to grind glory it's going to get even more common and maybe in July Bungie will finally have to nerf it.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

CheeseFactory posted:

Yet another Patented Rasheed Prediction

Pinnacle weapons shouldn’t exist for pvp

But if they have to, Pinnacle weapons should be retired after the season except for private matches and pve

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

xzzy posted:

It might be more tolerable if you had to be legit good to get one (though it raises an valid debate topic where if you're that good it doesn't loving matter if you have an OP gun or not) because the problem I see is that any idiot can faceroll their way to one if they invest enough time and it's saturating the game. Now that it's even easier to grind glory it's going to get even more common and maybe in July Bungie will finally have to nerf it.

Yeah but even if its hard to get cunts will just ddos or pay someone else to do it.

I dunno. There is always going to be a downside. Would be more balanced if the 180s had recoil

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Just gotta reset 4 more times and I'll have that redrix!

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yet another Patented Rasheed Prediction

Pinnacle weapons shouldn’t exist for pvp

But if they have to, Pinnacle weapons should be retired after the season except for private matches and pve

I think the recluse is a good example of a gun done right. Powerful but with an array of drawbacks.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

el B posted:

Just gotta reset 4 more times and I'll have that redrix!

See this one was good because they retired it at the end of the season *checks earpiece* I’m getting reports it technically wasn’t retired

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv posted:

Or was it high fives?? I actually would give hugs at Bungie. But the hugs would turn into belly-to-belly suplexes through everyone's desks. Then I'd go hunt down Josh Hamrick, deliver a Superman Punch and put him in a Sharpshooter. After he tapped I'd find whoever has the authority to say yes to dedicated servers. I'd cut a promo, first off, because I have a lot to get off my chest, Mean Gene, and then I'd give them the big boot and a leg drop.

I've wondered before if he goes home and lies to his children and wife that daddy went out and worked hard, earned a paycheck. Tbqh I'm glad he's a step closer to facing up to his deceptions.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Put them in a new tier called mythic with an orange icon. All other equipped gear must be blue.

Also a 10% chance of getting booted to orbit every time you load into a game to simulate the effect of all those ddos' you inflicted on other players.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I liked when Hamrick ruined D1 pvp at the very end and left it for dead, and followed it up with the liver shot of D2 vanilla crucible. Incredible legacy.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

xzzy posted:

Put them in a new tier called mythic with an orange icon. All other equipped gear must be blue.

This was rumored at with a Black tier you couldn't equip Exotics if equipped.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I can count the number of redrix, mountain top, and recluse deaths I've had on one hand, so I think Pinnacle weapons on the whole have been a good idea, conservatively executed.

The problem is equal parts the 180 archetype itself, and the fact that nearly every zone of every map is perfect for it.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I don't have a problem with pinnacle weapons but they can be a pain in the rear end. Not Forgotten was easily best in slot, followed by Lunas Howl and while the former was difficult to acquire the latter just took a bit of time and effort.

The recluse isn't game breaking at all but takes some skill to use and is situational in terms of when it's effective. Not Forgotten on the other hand is probably over powered for the sand box.

The way d2 overall was been designed is kind of annoying the PvP side having assists counting so much, the whole team shooting dynamic, almost all supers making you an unkillable god, the terrible design decisions in the trials introductions, spawn design that has been fixed in other franchises for nearly a decade. On the otherside 95% of pve activities being so easy you can sleep walk through them, the majority of quests being glorified fetch chores that take time not talent etc etc.

The gun play and fun stuff is fun enough to keep me coming back to play but I gotta wonder what the d3 future is going to look like.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

anyone on PS4 wanna do the thorn strike?

e: sorry well now you can’t

Scrub-Niggurath fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 26, 2019

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
I don't care about pinnacle weapons in PvP that much but if you can take it into Quickplay you drat sure ought to be able to earn it in QP.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Listerine posted:

I don't care about pinnacle weapons in PvP that much but if you can take it into Quickplay you drat sure ought to be able to earn it in QP.

This is fair!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I think the idea of limiting certain equipment to certain playlists is worth exploring, I just worry about Bungie going off the deep end with it and balancing raids by banning cluster rocket launchers or whatever.

Basically they'd have to gently caress it up spectacularly then waste 9 months dialing it back until the game is fun again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
On the one hand, I do think that the insistence on co-balancing pvp and pve and cross over loadouts has overall been detrimental to the health of both

but on the other hand, I solo-queued my way to luna's/mountaintop/recluse, so gently caress you, you can pry them from my cold dead hands