Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

the interior is good too. i would compare it to a mercedes CLA. there's room for refinement, its not audi level, but its not bad by any means.

I'm surprised at this take because when I sat in a Model 3 the interior felt cheap. As in, my cheap-driving-appliance-Toyota interior had a better aesthetic. Beyond that, it was lacking the sort of style I'd expect in an expensive car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

theflyingorc posted:

Wait, it does or doesn't have it

Does, I can't read

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

it's like the one physical control other than the steering wheel

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

ryde posted:

I'm surprised at this take because when I sat in a Model 3 the interior felt cheap. As in, my cheap-driving-appliance-Toyota interior had a better aesthetic. Beyond that, it was lacking the sort of style I'd expect in an expensive car.

bear in mind that most entry-level luxury cars have been cutting corners when it comes to interior design for a while, so it's not surprising that a low-end mercedes feels equally as cheap as a tesla

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.

theflyingorc posted:

it has one. only one. guess where your wipers aren't

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

you can also control your wipers and wiper fluid on the stock.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

The_Franz posted:

bear in mind that most entry-level luxury cars have been cutting corners when it comes to interior design for a while, so it's not surprising that a low-end mercedes feels equally as cheap as a tesla

a low end mercedes costs a good 35%-40% less than the lowest end tesla you can purchase and actually receive tho

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

drgitlin posted:

wow, if you’re calling me a bazinga you really don’t have the first loving clue, do you? welcome to my ignore list, cretin.

nice meltdown

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

theflyingorc posted:

JFC. yes, a Model 3 has a turn signal stalk. if you press the button on the end of it the wipers operate, too.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

graph posted:

nice meltdown

lol, that’s not a meltdown. I just have little tolerance for dipshits who can’t read. That’s literally the one skill you need for shitposting and if someone can’t even manage that?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

welcome to my ignore list, cretin

:smug:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i only ignore people ironically

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

jit bull transpile posted:

my non lovely car does this if I don't signal my lane change because it assumes I am drifting.

is your friend a California piece of poo poo who doesn't signal their lane changes?

i dont live in cali but enough people where i live do YOLO lane changes that my brain has somehow learned a bunch of the precursor movements that drivers make before doing it. it's to the point where i can be actively evaluating some other thing and some part of my brain interrupts with a "whoa there buddy we may have a slidey steve at 10 o'clock over here"

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
:same: I've developed that instinct driving in LA

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

it's extra fun in the frozen hellscape of a minnesota january :black101:

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I would like to see a Tesla try to handle Miami morning traffic on 95 south or rush hour 95N

I'd also enjoy seeing Tesla on the Houston 69 or 610

The constant hellscape construction around Dallas and it's service road/highway on off ramps would be lol as well.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

id like to see autopilot navigate a busy intersection in southeast asia

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Dumb Lowtax posted:

:same: I've developed that instinct driving in LA

:yossame:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.

drgitlin posted:

JFC. yes, a Model 3 has a turn signal stalk. if you press the button on the end of it the wipers operate, too.

you can trigger them but iirc you can't set the speed, that has to go through the ipad

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

infernal machines posted:

you can trigger them but iirc you can't set the speed, that has to go through the ipad
you could, you know, actually try driving the car before you get real hot and mad about it on the internet and argue with a professional car reviewer about how it is actually he who is wrong

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

what gives you the impression i'm arguing with drgitlin?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i'm pointing out that it's loving lollerskates that the car with rain sensors that don't work requires you to use the loving ipad to set the wiper speed because the idiot who designed it had a fetish for functionless minimalism and a complete absence of physical controls

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

fart simpson posted:

id like to see autopilot navigate a busy intersection in southeast asia

honestly that's probably easier than navigating in normal traffic bc speed is close to zero and there are no rules.

just run a fluid dynamics simulation with your car as a particle and you're most of the way there

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

just run a fluid dynamics simulation with your car as a particle and you're most of the way there

i think you just came up with the safest autonomous driving solution yet

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

jit bull transpile posted:

is your friend a California piece of poo poo

Califia has seen your disloyalty.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

you could, you know, actually try driving the car before you get real hot and mad about it on the internet and argue with a professional car reviewer about how it is actually he who is wrong

daddy will see you defending him, one day

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Sagebrush posted:

honestly that's probably easier than navigating in normal traffic bc speed is close to zero and there are no rules.

id still like to see it

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

fart simpson posted:

id still like to see it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

graph posted:

daddy will see you defending him, one day

he's put so much effort into it, i'm sure elon will really appreciate it, maybe even take him out to arby's

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

You seem to be under the impression that your posts are not extremely embarrassing

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

theflyingorc posted:

You seem to be under the impression that your posts are not extremely embarrassing

DSYP!!!!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

elon is too busy working 200 hours per week to go to arby's he has arby's delivered to him

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Endless Mike posted:

elon is too busy working 200 hours per week to go to arby's

A sad, empty life

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Endless Mike posted:

elon is too busy working 200 hours per week to go to arby's he has arby's delivered to him

how does he even make time to cameo on my fav shows like the big bang theory

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

body double

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

Yeah, he’s gotten fat but that doesn’t answer the question

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The model 3 is not a professional car no matter how nice your reviews are

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
only professionals can determine whether things are good or bad

it's impossible to form an opinion on anything if you're not paid for it

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
the professional opinion haver has logged in