Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

What is the leading non boring option so I can switch my vote to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

Diogines posted:

apples, oranges, pears or cutting your genitals off

What the hell? Smattas didn't offer any fruit at all!

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
I'll take a Wrongvoter if you've got a spare.

Diogines posted:

If the choices are apples, oranges, pears or cutting your genitals off, well, even if the last one has more than any other single option (somehow....) if most people would prefer getting a fruit than losing theirs, it will makes sense that getting some fruit to win?

So you're saying there's a chance...

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Options to keeping investigating have a modest lead over options to rest, and G has a commanding lead among the former, so G wins. Too late to finish the update but we are going to start on it tonight.

G. Further explore eighth floor, a floor full of strange things you cannot explain and which was nearly perfectly dark within.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Mar 26, 2019

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Polgas posted:

What is the leading non boring option so I can switch my vote to that.

cutting our junk off, way more interesting than some dumb produce

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Uriah gets to use my vote.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Blasphemaster posted:

Uriah gets to use my vote.

Uriah votes Z(zzzzzz)

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

AJ_Impy posted:

Uriah votes Z(zzzzzz)

He voted to steal my sleeps! This shall not stand! :argh:

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

I haven't been voting as much lately, but since this is honestly the only thread I post in these days, I wanted to update my avatar and hop on the gang tag.

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

There are so many things here I'm scared we won't be able to loot everything!

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

I'm glad we aren't leaving. There are comfy heresy beds we can put Uriah in if we need.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Slaan posted:

Imagine four balls on the edge of a cliff, and when one falls off another takes its place for eternity.

HUNGER works the same way

HUNGER eats all the balls like it's Mr T

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Olothreutes posted:

I'm glad we aren't leaving. There are comfy heresy beds we can put Uriah in if we need.

I wonder if they’re super rejuvenating or something stupid like that

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

TK-42-1 posted:

I wonder if they’re super rejuvenating or something stupid like that

Well there's an easy way to find out.

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

Diogines posted:

In your pack, yes. Well, stuff with which to make ink, you just need water, which you have.

Apply ink to sandals, tread on parchment.

"Sandals, leave footprints in the shape of the writing on the Blue Orb Room's left wall"

And so on for every surface upon which there is writing.

It may be too small for mortal eyes to read, but our eyesight is ridiculously good, we can copy it in a Uriah-readable size later.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
... Thoughts?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
Now that we aren't leaving, we've got at least another full day before we should even consider leaving again, which is a good chunk of fun. If we're goijng to be obviously suspicious to the city we might as well go as hard as we can into it.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

UppaTree posted:

Apply ink to sandals, tread on parchment.

"Sandals, leave footprints in the shape of the writing on the Blue Orb Room's left wall"

And so on for every surface upon which there is writing.

It may be too small for mortal eyes to read, but our eyesight is ridiculously good, we can copy it in a Uriah-readable size later.
I have to congratulate you on finding an even more blasphemous way to write El's name, for you do indeed see it in several places, a blasphemous method probably never considered of before in Ur, writing it with... footwear? You see those two characters in several different words.

Also none of it is too small for mortal eyes to see.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Mar 26, 2019

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

Does Enkidel actually understand the priestly language? As in he can't read or write it fluently but knows some bits and pieces? What is its origin according to the House of El? Would the blooded ability to understand languages work on it?

In the floor with all the statues, do the melachim looking ones feature a lot in the Old Tales like say the ones that El sends the most to interact with Urians?

In the room with the Amok statue can Enkidel see if the people depicted there look similar as if they are brothers or cousins? Does Amok look like he is related to some statues? Do any of them look related to Enkidel, Jalitha or anyone Enkidel knows like say Azzazel?

In the eighth floor with the really dark rooms do the doors that won't open unless one is closed look different in any way from the doors found in this tower? Can one of those doors once closed prevent air from coming in?

Polgas fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Mar 26, 2019

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Diogines posted:

I have to congratulate you on finding an even more blasphemous way to write El's name, for you do indeed see it in several places, a blasphemous method probably never considered of before in Ur, writing it with... footwear? You see those two characters in several different words.

How is it written? Are the letters chiseled into something, or what?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Given our prior limited experience with priestspeech, is there anything else we can make out?

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Is it forbidden for non-priests to read the priestly language?

I believe precedent is that Uriah can learn a new language instantly given a couple pages of text to work off of.

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Given our prior limited experience with priestspeech, is there anything else we can make out?

I mean, it could be worse, we could be making GBS threads all over one of the plates from the fab lab and writing the characters that way :v:

(Please don't do this, it would be disgusting.)

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Uriah might be a demon slaying murder machine, but he's C3PO now as far as I'm concerned.

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

Outrail posted:

Uriah might be a demon slaying murder machine, but he's C3PO now as far as I'm concerned.

Secretly put bits of gold flakes into Uriah's food until his skin becomes gold.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Outrail posted:

I hope reading all of that doesn't fry his brain or cause him to BSOD from a crisis of faith.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

cat_herder posted:

I mean, it could be worse, we could be making GBS threads all over one of the plates from the fab lab and writing the characters that way :v:

(Please don't do this, it would be disgusting.)

we don't poo poo

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

Uriah losing faith in orthodoxy is actually a good thing as it opens him up to Enkidel El heresy. The crucial part of his conversion process is to be there when he hits a breaking point.

If the talmid=student stuff works that way, he will get more ??? buffs the more his thoughts aligns with his best friend.

Additionally as the wars ramp up the carefully constructed lies of the House of El will crumble in front of the eyes of the faithful. Better it be done now and slowly over the centuries rather than it all come crashing at once.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Polgas posted:

Secretly put bits of gold flakes into Uriah's food until his skin becomes gold.

Gold is indigestible. We'd have to settle for silver.

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

super sweet best pal posted:

Gold is indigestible. We'd have to settle for silver.

That you believe it so only means the blood of Labaras does not flow from your veins. The King of Sier has golden skin from his diet of gold. Clearly you should be posting in the peasant paradise lost thread.

I don't remember if it's just him or his nobles also do it too.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Polgas posted:

That you believe it so only means the blood of Labaras does not flow from your veins. The King of Sier has golden skin from his diet of gold. Clearly you should be posting in the peasant paradise lost thread.

We should eat gold, silver and gems to test this.

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

Diogines posted:

I meant that if you compress a nigh-literal wall of text into the space of a footprint, it probably would be. I'd spend all day in here meticulously copying it all down if I could, but we don't have the time for that.

Could the sandals be told to exclude certain things? I don't think that came up in our mad experimentation.

Sandals, leave a footprint in the shape of Zepa's monument, but with the following names missing: Enkidel, Barkof.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Question for Diogines: how high on the scale of punishment for vilest heresy does the Orb temple depicting and naming El directly count? On a scale of light admonishment to Sodom and Gomorrah? Is this a thing that anywhere else we would expect Heroes to be sent to rid the world off, or is it more the realm of the local sanitation office?

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

Question for Diogines: how high on the scale of punishment for vilest heresy does the Orb temple depicting and naming El directly count? On a scale of light admonishment to Sodom and Gomorrah? Is this a thing that anywhere else we would expect Heroes to be sent to rid the world off, or is it more the realm of the local sanitation office?

What happens if we sacrifice an altar of El to El?

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Polgas posted:

The king of Sier is a madman, and also probably just paints himself gold. Remember they have slaves to pick through their poo poo looking for gold bits which pretty clearly indicates they are digesting it.

We definitely need to get Uriah up to these floors to read everything he can though. Enkidel getting the gift of tongues would basically be the best thing for the thread and the worst thing for the Trio/PtB ever. Right now the only reason we aren't absorbing heretical history is because we can't read it and have to rely on our translator who is definitely team El, even if it's the slightly adjusted Kavodel brand of team El.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Z the IVth posted:

What happens if we sacrifice an altar of El to El?

El: NO! YES! WAIT! AAAAAAAAAAAAA

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
Oh jeeze. I really want to know what all the El room has to say, but I really dont want to break Uriahs mind..

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

Oh jeeze. I really want to know what all the El room has to say, but I really dont want to break Uriahs mind..

I think odds are fairly high that we'll find some seriously theologically iffy stuff in the grasslands. If anything, we might want any distress to happen here (although him busting up a bunch of altars would probably not be the best thing for our stealth re: all the myriad powers that would love to grab us)

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
Man, Asahel would have been just *super* useful right now. Uriah is going to put up a fight about this. "Enkidel, this is all insanely obviously idols to false gods and melachim and stuff." "Of course it is, but we need to figure out why!" "No, we don't, we need to smash everything in here."

That is not a conversation we'd be having with Asahel. Asahel would probably be actively more heretical than Enkidel.

Note: This should not be taken as me complaining about Uriah, because he owns. Just that this is a situation where his particular brand of usefulness is constrained by his personality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Invent the Cheesesteak to placate Uriah.