Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

Teachers Lounge for sure.

Absolutely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Teacher's Lounge
Hollywood Masterclass
Questions for Lennon, if you like Mike Hanford's CBB appearances. (I love it; it's a testament to the dude's improv skills that he has to cover the "Yes, I was dead, but in 1984 I simply decided to come back to life" material seemingly every other episode and always makes it funny.)

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
My Dead Wife the Robot Car

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
HH Pro version as well.
Stolen Idea is a quick 45 minutes or so.
In Voorhees We Trust With Gourley and Rust
Besser vs. Audience

You also get all 70+ shows from Weird Al's 2018 tour.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Horny 4 Horror is the hidden gem of Stitcher Premium. You gotta dig around a bit, but any episode with "talkin' bout'" in the title or description is an in-depth analysis of a horror movie with three very funny hosts, similar to Action Boyz. Most of the other episodes are too unfocused for me, but all the talkin' bouts are great.

Also Teacher's Lounge, Questions For Lennon, In Voorhees We Trust, Superego, and Offices and Bosses (if and only if you already like Hello From the Magic Tavern)

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Fiendly posted:

Horny 4 Horror is the hidden gem of Stitcher Premium. You gotta dig around a bit, but any episode with "talkin' bout'" in the title or description is an in-depth analysis of a horror movie with three very funny hosts, similar to Action Boyz. Most of the other episodes are too unfocused for me, but all the talkin' bouts are great.

I find the Horny 4 Horror improvised horror movies to be really sharp, fun genre parodies. They talk through the tropes that they're going to play with up front so everything feels really grounded as they go, rather than a lot of longform narrative improv that rarely sticks the landing.

But yeah, agreed about the unfocused nature of the standard episodes.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

I just got Stitcher Premium, what is worth checking out apart from the Pro Version?

As others have mentioned.....definitely Teacher's Lounge and Superego.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

feedmyleg posted:

I find the Horny 4 Horror improvised horror movies to be really sharp, fun genre parodies.

I'll try some out, I love the hosts and I wish I liked more than a third of the episodes. Also worth noting that they've interviewed Paul Rust, one of the stars of the movie Green Room, and Tim Curry if you're into that sort of thing, and most episodes are free even if you don't have Premium.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
Could someone photoshop The Boys onto Pitt and DeCaprio in the poster for that Tarantino thing, thanks in advance.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Topics, Mike Detective, and The Sylvester Stallone Show.

Especially Topics, though. Be sure to listen to it in order as it increasingly ramps up its ridiculousness and obsessive bureaucracy.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
shoutout to kevin in today's LA podcast

Spraynard Kruger
May 8, 2007

The Boys Gone Bad tour may be a Stitcher Premium exclusive, but Chef Kevin's opening set in Portland is on YouTube for everybody:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQEgZJfbX9Y

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Franchescanado posted:

Long story short:

Lil Dickey, like everyone in Hollywood, wanted to do a Curb-like improv sitcom. Sean was gonna be a major player in the cast and helped coach in improv. They wanted a certain young rapper from ATL with face tattoos to be another major character. The rapper then became very coy about signing up for SAG and no one knew why. He quietly dropped out of the project.

Recently this rapper was found to not be from ATL, and is now in a lot of trouble.

SAG does background checks.

Sean tells the story funnier and with more details.

drat. That is a crazy story but also very sad considering the way INS and Homeland Security went after that rapper (21 Savage).

Lil Dickey's show got ordered to series last week. Is Sean still a part of it?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Spraynard Kruger posted:

The Boys Gone Bad tour may be a Stitcher Premium exclusive, but Chef Kevin's opening set in Portland is on YouTube for everybody:

Look at God

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Just saw on the credits for the sixth episode of Black Monday that Danielle Schneider wrote the episode. Makes a bit of sense since the cast is stacked with Earwolf contributors. I was also surprised to see that she penned three episodes for Always Sunny in the past couple seasons. But Paul Sheer, Casey Wilson, Horatio Sanz are regulars. Eugene Cordero and Danielle both make several appearance. Both Paul Rust and Neil Casey make an appearance as well.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

GoutPatrol posted:

Look at God

I stand a chef

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Spraynard Kruger posted:

Third boy

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.
Good ep.
I really enjoy Sean's new bit of explaining bad movies. I don't know why but it kills me every time.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Try Month paying off so hard right now holy poo poo

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I hope The Good Fight bought a long run of ads.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Down With The Sickness has never sounded better. Hell, it's the only time it's ever sounded good.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Fiendly posted:

Down With The Sickness has never sounded better. Hell, it's the only time it's ever sounded good.

When those opening chords kicked in, that's when I went from "The Masked Guest? They can't catch lightning in a bottle twice." to "I am a big enough man to admit when I am wrong."

cams
Mar 28, 2003

the first one was the best because the raw joy of the premise working so well was just irresistible

was still an amazing ep, love it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Did anyone guess them all correctly? I got 3 and 4 immediately but they were super obvious

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Help Im Alive posted:

Did anyone guess them all correctly? I got 3 and 4 immediately but they were super obvious

Chaffin was obviously the one we all missed, right? Tawny I didn't realize until Sean said it. Carl I knew from his first line. PFT as soon as he said, like, "delightful".

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Mar 27, 2019

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Woah, spoilers

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I was pretty sure it was PFT after they asked him if he was in the "over ten" club and he responded "who is?!". I didn't laugh as much as during the masked engineer but I still loved it, honestly they're so funny and delighted by the concept that I could probably listen to a "masked ________" episode three or four times a year.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Okay enough comedy, let’s all just earnestly sing this song

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
They say at the end of each of these episodes, no more comedy, just singing, and honestly, I'm on board. Too bad they blew their Patreon load on a basketball podcast because I'd be in for $10 a month for a singing podcast (hard pass on Off Book and I haven't tried Tawny's but it's not the same). If only this masked singer concept was some kind of television program I could watch.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

You could listen to those terrible CBB solo bolos

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The first one was cute and novel. After that... woof.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Fiendly posted:

They say at the end of each of these episodes, no more comedy, just singing, and honestly, I'm on board. Too bad they blew their Patreon load on a basketball podcast because I'd be in for $10 a month for a singing podcast (hard pass on Off Book and I haven't tried Tawny's but it's not the same). If only this masked singer concept was some kind of television program I could watch.

They literally write and sing (at least) one new song every episode of The Flagrant Ones.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The Flagrant Ones at this point is almost more singing than basketball, and even though it isn't true it feels like family guy discussion is about the same amount as bball discussion lol.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

Franchescanado posted:

They literally write and sing (at least) one new song every episode of The Flagrant Ones.

Oh yeah, they were still developing that part during the free episode I listened to. I'll give them five bucks for the back catalogue when I have that much to spare and see if it has the kind of song-to-basketball ratio I'm looking for.

Koholint
Jan 1, 2010

~Neck Angels~
Demi deserved better than a mediocre repeat of a good episode.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
I liked the episode, but I did think Demi got totally hosed having to compete with such a cumbersome premise and four other guests, each getting their own spotlight segment. He's ridiculously funny and only got a few opportunities to speak the whole episode.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Yeah they really just don't need a guest for these ones, they just end up being lost anyway, like when everyone was freaking out about Cody except poor Shaun Diston who clearly had no idea who he was or why it was exciting

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MY80bev4SE

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Good ep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Just like Mike and Omar after taking out the trash.