Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Yami Fenrir posted:

I prefer non-gimmick AA to gimmick AA, tbh.

None of you have the refined senses necessary to enjoy the self-amused ramblings of a mad man.

:sad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
In any case, since pushing a button can kill you. I think everyone should at least push it once as a measure of good faith. Who has yet to press the button.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
You are plenty mad without the gimmick, AA. Just easier to read.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Yami Fenrir posted:

How about we daycop toal instead so we know if we should lynch them when they start going insane again

onsetOutsider posted:

same.

also toalpaz calm down

onsetOutsider posted:

wtf is that lol

also I just realized solus wasnt disappointed in toalpaz the 2nd time they pushed it.

extremely KB voice: :henget:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

extremely KB voice: :henget:

All I'm saying is that you went on a setup spec and night action bingo rampage and revealed most town roles to scum before getting lunched in pokeman and maybe we should prevent the same from happening again.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what's KB?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Kilobyte

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
King Burgundy

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yami Fenrir posted:

All I'm saying is that you went on a setup spec and night action bingo rampage and revealed most town roles to scum before getting lunched in pokeman and maybe we should prevent the same from happening again.

so what youre saying is this is how toal acts when theyre town aligned?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

onsetOutsider posted:

Toal's posts transcend alignment. From what I've seen they've posted ridiculously scummy stuff as both town and, well, scum.

This time I feel they're maybe a bit too jumpy, though.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

onsetOutsider posted:

That'd be a bad precedent to set. I think it's more that this is what toal did in a specific game that kinda ended up detrimental to town.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I dont wanna push the you can't make me you're not my dad :colbert:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Dick Bastardly posted:

I dont wanna push the you can't make me you're not my dad :colbert:

You will receive candy if you push the button. I received candy.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I forgot to type the word "button". Don't eat the candy Yami!! Oh wait... maybe...do..

Do eat the candy.... o.0

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i will push the button if solus ships me candy

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
https://candybox2.github.io have fun

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Oh no I'm not falling for that there's a button on that page!

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Oh poo poo this game has started.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I can't tell if it's more suspicious to push or not push the button.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

jimmydalad posted:

*edges forward from darkness*

Push it, young dalad

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

jimmydalad posted:

I think it seems potentially careless if anything since the effects of the button are revealed in-thread. If too few people push the button it gives scum a potentially easy targeting decision. Once many people have pushed it the potential danger of that goes down I think.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

jimmydalad posted:

If you're not sure if you should push a button in a game called push button, you need to rethink your life choices.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Yami Fenrir posted:

If you're not sure if you should push a button in a game called push button, you need to rethink your life choices.

I mean, the button did just kill someone. :shrug:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

... your point being?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Yami Fenrir posted:

... your point being?

I ain't the type to succumb to peer pressure. At least not just yet.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

First you're saying it's suspicious, now you're just scared.

Who would be scared of pushing the button while also trying to shade people pushing the button?

Scum, that's who.

##vote jimmydalad

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Yami Fenrir posted:

First you're saying it's suspicious, now you're just scared.

Who would be scared of pushing the button while also trying to shade people pushing the button?

Scum, that's who.

##vote jimmydalad

lol ok

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

anyway, off to sleep. Have fun pushing the button.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
The optimal strat would be to wait until Solus is sleeping, and then everyone push the button at least 1000x

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nep-Nep posted:

I think it seems potentially careless if anything since the effects of the button are revealed in-thread. If too few people push the button it gives scum a potentially easy targeting decision. Once many people have pushed it the potential danger of that goes down I think.

that's what i thought but then he started giving poo poo like "vignettists" which kind of reveals nothing.
are the effects all good? did anybody get something that was objectively bad...?
like, there has to be a reason why pushing the button isn't just categorically a good idea.
i initially thought the reason would be "the entire thread knows your reward" but now that's kind of not true anymore.... so...

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I can confirm that everything the button does is not good. I got a negative utility from it. :v:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

jimmydalad posted:

I mean, the button did just kill someone. :shrug:

yeah after he pushed it what, like ten times

what's the matter, you chicken?

##vote jimmy

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Could be. Don’t feel compelled to push it. :shrug:

Dancer
May 23, 2011
##vote jimmydalad

I got a cop. Anyone who refuses to push the button is refusing the possibility of getting a cop. That makes them Un-American and an Enemy of Freedom.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm going to select someone who has not pushed the button by the end of the day to vig. So your choice is to press the button and maybe get vigged or not push the button and really get vigged.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I ain't gonna press the button. Town's loss if you wanna vig me

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

That'd be a bad precedent to set. I think it's more that this is what toal did in a specific game that kinda ended up detrimental to town.

I think it's a little unfair to say it was detrimental to town, considering I spent the whole day arguing to lunch someone who turned out to be scum for reasons that turned out to be all correct (our roles filled similar functions, scum claimed in a weird and bad way that looked bad with no details, and scum offered very little reads).

I spent most of that game arguing against 3 townies who were just so sure it was my scum game for bad meta reasons that it looked bad, because to them I just had to be lying. However most of town was uncomfortable voting me end of day with half the votes lunching me being not town.

As much as certain people point to me and say I really screwed that up d2, I did everything I could to play a decent game. Watching town drop the ball and get led by the nose by scum the rest of the game made me feel a lot better, especially cpig constantly promising he was going to reread the game before failing to do that and showing up at deadline to hammer town 2 days in the row, as town, after berating me for being obvious lying scum.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I can confirm that everything the button does is not good. I got a negative utility from it. :v:

what? negative utility? isn't that an oxymoron?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Toalpaz posted:

I think it's a little unfair to say it was detrimental to town, considering I spent the whole day arguing to lunch someone who turned out to be scum for reasons that turned out to be all correct (our roles filled similar functions, scum claimed in a weird and bad way that looked bad with no details, and scum offered very little reads).

I spent most of that game arguing against 3 townies who were just so sure it was my scum game for bad meta reasons that it looked bad, because to them I just had to be lying. However most of town was uncomfortable voting me end of day with half the votes lunching me being not town.

As much as certain people point to me and say I really screwed that up d2, I did everything I could to play a decent game. Watching town drop the ball and get led by the nose by scum the rest of the game made me feel a lot better, especially cpig constantly promising he was going to reread the game before failing to do that and showing up at deadline to hammer town 2 days in the row, as town, after berating me for being obvious lying scum.

I'm sorry toal, I didnt mean it as an attack. I was just reinterpreting that post to read as I interpreted it.

Mostly for the sake that offset and others wouldn't say, "Oh, well if that was his town game and it is similar... :thunk:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
onset*