Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Trig Discipline posted:

Maybe I'm making my own point; that Jim Jeffries is a gross fucker and you shouldn't support him.

If you discount gross comedians for being gross, the talent pool shrinks dramatically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Fair enough I suppose.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m fine with a smaller talent pool that’s full of decent people yeah.

Rock you and I have done this dance too many times now lol

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I did some googling and he did issue a sort of blanket apology for a lot of the horrible poo poo he said, so there's that at least.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Escobarbarian posted:

I’m fine with a smaller talent pool that’s full of decent people yeah.

Rock you and I have done this dance too many times now lol

Who rattled your cage? Captain TVIV.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Trig Discipline posted:

I did some googling and he did issue a sort of blanket apology for a lot of the horrible poo poo he said, so there's that at least.

I decided to check out Theo Von's podcast with Jefferies from November and you should watch it, he goes over a lot of what you're upset about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyELrW9zGK8

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I clicked on that and saw that it was two hours and it's way less work to just keep thinking he kinda sucks.

Trig Discipline fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Mar 11, 2019

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Ricky Gervais desperately wants people to think of him as edgy and boundary-pushing and a bad boy.

Unlike a lot of edgy comedians at least Gervais isn't afraid to make himself the butt of the joke, which is what kind of separates him from just doing edgy pointless jokes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezwXxvSmVRg

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
He doesn’t do that sort of thing now, though. Now it’s just edgelord bollocks

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Just finished Umbrella Academy and I know that families don't usually talk but this family really would have benefited from the kids having a sitdown to hash things out.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Still chugging along with The OC, onto season 3. I hope this Dean Hess character loving dies.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I actually really liked that
(a) it made perfect sense that none of them talked based on their pasts and how distant and resentful they all were.
(b) despite this Luther, Alison, and Vanya all kept TRYING to get the family together or mend fences and they were just too dysfunctional for it to work.

Like the only person who probably should have started talking earlier was Five and in fairness to him while his primary motivation was the old "I can't talk to them to protect them" cliche he did spend a few decades alone in an apocalypse and a few more as a serial killer and was clearly not mentally all there or socially equipped.

Otherwise if I remember right as soon as Diego figured out that Five was the kid he was chasing, Alison figured out that Vanya's boyfriend was the guy Five was chasing, or Luther figured out that Five was trying to stop the apocalypse I think they all went back home to recruit the others.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Mar 13, 2019

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity
Wayne is a wild ride. It's violent. It's poignant. Heartwarming. Kickass soundtrack.

Binged in 3 days

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Bought box set of 7 seasons of Tales from Crypt and goddamn it is so entertaining.

Just watched episode that starred:

Iggy Pop
Sam Kinison
Katey Segal

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

EvidenceBasedQuack posted:

Wayne is a wild ride. It's violent. It's poignant. Heartwarming. Kickass soundtrack.

Binged in 3 days

THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR loving WITH

WAYNE

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Love, Death and Robots

a collection of 18 animated shorts executive produced by David Fincher and Tim Miller.

loving incredible so far!

DividedFrame
Apr 3, 2010

McMadCow posted:

I spent the last few months watching the entire run of Chuck...
Then that brutal/sad series finale hit and I'm feeling all depressed that it's over.

The series finale was a complete betrayal, the entire episode was Chuck TRYING to get Sarah to remember him, repeatedly and unsuccessfully - and I guess the creator said that after the kiss at the very end, Sarah would of course remember, but... for a series so dependent on their chemistry, it was terrible. I'm still mad and I pretend the episode never happened.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

DividedFrame posted:

The series finale was a complete betrayal, the entire episode was Chuck TRYING to get Sarah to remember him, repeatedly and unsuccessfully - and I guess the creator said that after the kiss at the very end, Sarah would of course remember, but... for a series so dependent on their chemistry, it was terrible. I'm still mad and I pretend the episode never happened.

I did like the zero-filler jog through what appeared to be several seasons' worth of meta-arcs, though.

Also, there's a post-series talk show interview where she acts out, "I remember everything!," for the audience. It's cannon. It is. Audience cheered. Great ending.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

DividedFrame posted:

As much as I hated that entire storyline, that ending never bothered me that much. I always took it as It doesn't matter if she remembers, she's falling for him all over again

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So Shield re-watch update. We finally got to that episode and it made my friend so mad she said it retroactively ruined Justified for her and she will never, ever watch anything with Walton Goggins in it again.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Yes you will.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

EvidenceBasedQuack posted:

Binged in 3 days

It is. It is. It is. It is. It really loving is.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...

Your Gay Uncle posted:

So Shield re-watch update. We finally got to that episode and it made my friend so mad she said it retroactively ruined Justified for her and she will never, ever watch anything with Walton Goggins in it again.

Goggins just gets better as the series continues. As an actor, I should qualify.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Love, Death and Robots

a collection of 18 animated shorts executive produced by David Fincher and Tim Miller.

loving incredible so far!

Some of them are just fragments of a story that weren't quite developed out (Beyond the Aquila Rift rushed into the mid section of its story, IMO). Some of them are there just to throw tits in your face (looking at you, The Witness).

Some of them do kick rear end, though. The first one and Good Hunting are particularly notable for being tightly cohesive. And even when it's not that great you can distract yourself with the consistently good and varied VFX.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Sage Grimm posted:

Some of them are just fragments of a story that weren't quite developed out (Beyond the Aquila Rift rushed into the mid section of its story, IMO). Some of them are there just to throw tits in your face (looking at you, The Witness).

Some of them do kick rear end, though. The first one and Good Hunting are particularly notable for being tightly cohesive. And even when it's not that great you can distract yourself with the consistently good and varied VFX.

:agreed:

I'm glad that it has a bunch of different styles. Some of these need to spin off into series of their own.

e: I haven't seen this much cartoon dick since Legend of the Overfiend

Reign Of Pain fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Mar 17, 2019

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
And before I forget about this astounding bit, Sucker of Souls decides to throw in a weird weakness for DRACULA, uses it *once* with heavy emphasis in a scene and then goes cats? what cats?
Competent animation, :wtc: plotting.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Not really binging it since it's still in season one.....but The Other Two on Comedy Central is great. I had high hopes because Drew Tarver is awesome. The first episode let me down.....but it's turned to be a really fantastic show so far. The characters are all great and the writing is excellent. I really like that the show runners don't have to rely on cheap jokes and toilet humor.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
My girlfriend has been binging Pretty Little Liars and I've been half watching it in the background, and holy poo poo I had no idea what the show was and presumed it would be a typical teen drama kind of thing, but as the show goes on it becomes so bizarre, full of weird references to Hitchcock and old movies as though the director was bored, and in the last few seasons its basically started to turn into Sci-Fi with insane traps being set up by A that seem like something out of a Saw film, its so much more fun than I was expecting. Plus secretly shipping Ezra and Aria

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

Trig Discipline posted:

I've been watching Sex Education and it's just pretty dang great.

Gave this a go and while it starts off really strong, by episode 5 it is so lovely that I it makes me want to punch someone in the face. It gave the initial impression of being an up tempo, smart slice-of-life comedy drama, but instead the writing is soap opera level bad. A real shame, as a fan of Gillian Anderson I was really interested in her portrayal of an older woman, but even her character is just a shell of what it could be.

e: Sat through all the episodes and though the show failed to redeem itself, something else did. I made the mistake of starting The OA, which is basically a creative writing class assignment acted out by an amateur theatre group. I have no idea how that ended up being made.

Meatgrinder fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Mar 21, 2019

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

I'm one of the few who didn't get pissed at the ending of the first season of The OA, but I still saw the problems people had with it. The 2nd season is just really loving good though and I would encourage anybody who liked the first season except for the ending go ahead and watch the 2nd season. Just wow.

mystes
May 31, 2006

As someone who didn't like the ending of the first season, I can say that the second season was completely loving nuts but mostly in a good way.

Also, for anyone who hasn't seen the first season, the mere fact that the second season exists completely changes the ending of the first season, so I would probably recommend the show overall. Just watch the last episode of first season and the first episode of the second season back to back or something.

mystes fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Mar 25, 2019

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
loved both seasons of the oa, was initially not a fan of the endings of either season but given a little time to reflect i actually really like both endings. somehow brit martling found a way for each ending to be so utterly strange and out of left field that it pisses the viewer off at first but ultimately makes sense. just the idea she's working with looks like pure insanity to what we currently know of the world that it seems like if she made the stranger parts of her reality look like a glossy cgi superhero movie it would be easier to initially accept but ultimately would betray what she's trying to say. i think that's the best i can sum up my opinions without spoiling anything.

also i do not know if there is another show that more embodies the idea of "you either hate it or you love it" as much as this show

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity
Ever wondered what if JCVD was not only an excellent action film actor but also a spy? Also, whether his movies are based on true stories?

Jean Claude Van Johnson. I enjoyed it. It's on Amazon Prime Video.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

JCVJ is a fun show. Shame it didn't get a second season.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
I liked the OA S1 ending a lot, didn't even know there was a second season. Time to :getin:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

grate deceiver posted:

I liked the OA S1 ending a lot, didn't even know there was a second season. Time to :getin:

I started season 2, after the first episode i was so confused i had to go back and rewatch the first season. Now i'm burnt out and i'm going to have to give it a week.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

I started season 2, after the first episode i was so confused i had to go back and rewatch the first season. Now i'm burnt out and i'm going to have to give it a week.
You literally just need to know the general concept of the first season and the ending. I'm spoiling this but the connection to the first season is fairly obvious after the first episode: The second season is set in a parallel universe. When Nina collapses it's because the OA transferred to her body in the parallel universe as a result of what happened at the end of the first season.

Any other confusing stuff is just stuff that hasn't been explained yet.

mystes fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Mar 27, 2019

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

mystes posted:

You literally just need to know the general concept of the first season and the ending. I'm spoiling this but the connection to the first season is fairly obvious after the first episode: The second season is set in a parallel universe. When Nina collapses it's because the OA transferred to her body in the parallel universe as a result of what happened at the end of the first season.

Any other confusing stuff is just stuff that hasn't been explained yet.

Yeah, that wasn't obvious at all... like how the gently caress did you come up with that?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

Yeah, that wasn't obvious at all... like how the gently caress did you come up with that?
1) wasn't that exactly what the movements were supposed to do? It just transferred her soul or consciousness rather than her body , 2) I guess I've just watched way too many science fiction shows?

But seriously I think it's pretty clear based on the dialog after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

mystes posted:

1) wasn't that exactly what the movements were supposed to do? It just transferred her soul or consciousness rather than her body , 2) I guess I've just watched way too many science fiction shows?

But seriously I think it's pretty clear based on the dialog after that.

I dunno, i never figured it out, it wrecked my head on the first and second viewing.