Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Regarding MLB.tv deal not being in the iOS app:

quote:

If you are on iOS or Desktop, you can only redeem your free subscription at https://www.t-mobiletuesdays.com. You will not find it in the T-Mobile Tuesdays app due to offer terms.

Android seems to be OK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Can confirm that logging in through the web worked. I even did it on my iOS device!

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Statutory Ape posted:

not before we buy sprint and have to maintain the appearance of being competitive

ATT bought Time Warner and raised their rates in about 2 months.

ATT is a special kind of evil company, but yeah, T-Mobile is going to want to recoup the buyout / merger costs. Prices aren’t going down.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Duckman2008 posted:

ATT bought Time Warner and raised their rates in about 2 months.

ATT is a special kind of evil company, but yeah, T-Mobile is going to want to recoup the buyout / merger costs. Prices aren’t going down.

All they want Sprint for is the spectrum though, the rest can get put into a landfill in New Mexico.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Maneki Neko posted:

All they want Sprint for is the spectrum though, the rest can get put into a landfill in New Mexico.

It's actually more complex than that , but yes we want their spectrum as well

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

maybe they want the giant rear end Sprint campus in Overland Park that Sprint can't even keep full of employees ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

No Butt Stuff posted:

maybe they want the giant rear end Sprint campus in Overland Park that Sprint can't even keep full of employees ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

T-Mobile might be the superior carrier in terms of coverage and number of subscribers but Sprint still actually has a decent amount to offer outside of spectrum and subscriber base. As an example, their analog of my department has considerably more personnel and, of course, history in the region

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I’m getting “promo expired” once I get forwarded to the MLB side even though t-mobile says the promo is active for 3 more hours.

They April fooled me :(

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Statutory Ape posted:

T-Mobile might be the superior carrier in terms of coverage and number of subscribers but Sprint still actually has a decent amount to offer outside of spectrum and subscriber base. As an example, their analog of my department has considerably more personnel and, of course, history in the region

Sprint still has analog? Yikes

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

So this is an odd issue. There's a very small area of my town where T-Mobile's data connection just craps out completely. I have a 4G LTE connection according to my phone, full bars, I can make/receive calls, but data always drops out until you drive half a mile in either direction. T-Mobile's coverage map doesn't show any holes there and indicated it should be 4G LTE speeds. There just seems to be a mysterious "data dead zone" there. Is there a way I can report this to T-Mobile somehow in the hopes that maybe they can troubleshoot these local issues, even if I'm not their customer? (I'm on Google Fi, which uses T-Mobile's network.)

Normally I wouldn't mind so much, but:

- It's in an area many people frequently visit
- There's no available wi-fi
- It's been like this for months

I've all but confirmed it's T-Mobile's problem, because everyone I've talked to on T-Mobile that visits the place (including other Fi users on their network) reports the same connection problems in that area. If I swap over to Sprint's network, I have no issues.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Contact your provider, I've never heard of tmo paying much mind to mvno subscriber complaints

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

DizzyBum posted:

So this is an odd issue. There's a very small area of my town where T-Mobile's data connection just craps out completely. I have a 4G LTE connection according to my phone, full bars, I can make/receive calls, but data always drops out until you drive half a mile in either direction. T-Mobile's coverage map doesn't show any holes there and indicated it should be 4G LTE speeds. There just seems to be a mysterious "data dead zone" there. Is there a way I can report this to T-Mobile somehow in the hopes that maybe they can troubleshoot these local issues, even if I'm not their customer? (I'm on Google Fi, which uses T-Mobile's network.)

Normally I wouldn't mind so much, but:

- It's in an area many people frequently visit
- There's no available wi-fi
- It's been like this for months

I've all but confirmed it's T-Mobile's problem, because everyone I've talked to on T-Mobile that visits the place (including other Fi users on their network) reports the same connection problems in that area. If I swap over to Sprint's network, I have no issues.

Even as a direct T-Mobile customer I'm not aware of any way to report coverage issues in any meaningful way. The AT&T mark the spot app at least made me feel like I was doing something even if all they did was just go into a garbage can at AT&T.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I asked some other people if there was a way for you guys to report it and nobody had a an answer :shrug:

I share an office with the engineering team, next time I'm there I'll ask. Now I'm curious too

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Honestly, the best way is probably to tweet at the CTO: https://twitter.com/nevilleray

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
So is there any way to game the Buy one S10 and get another free? Talking about opening the new phone line. Can I cancel one right before opening another one and using the same phone #?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Maneki Neko posted:

Even as a direct T-Mobile customer I'm not aware of any way to report coverage issues in any meaningful way. The AT&T mark the spot app at least made me feel like I was doing something even if all they did was just go into a garbage can at AT&T.

I reported a dead spot to @tmobilehelp on twitter and got a dm asking for a google maps link. Couple months later it was fixed. Maybe I yelled into the void, maybe not.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

E2M2 posted:

So is there any way to game the Buy one S10 and get another free? Talking about opening the new phone line. Can I cancel one right before opening another one and using the same phone #?

If you cancel any lines within x period PRIOR to the purchase/promo it will usually make you ineligible. Same # or not

x is usually 30 iirc

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Statutory Ape posted:

If you cancel any lines within x period PRIOR to the purchase/promo it will usually make you ineligible. Same # or not

x is usually 30 iirc

So cancelling afterwards is aokay? Basically switching one of the 7 account over?

heffray
Sep 18, 2010

E2M2 posted:

So cancelling afterwards is aokay? Basically switching one of the 7 account over?
Most "free" deals now pay out via monthly credits over time, and if you cancel the new line those credits stop.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

E2M2 posted:

No also that won't work because of what the other guy mentioned

I don't know of a way to really game that particular promo type to any tangible benefit

I'll be meeting with some real TMobile scoundrels today and I'll try to ask if they have any ideas I can't think of

Probably not since lol if you don't think we employees are also tryna game the same system

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
I meant cancelling my old #.

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos
So I'm pretty sure I'm switching back to TMobile. I will have 5 lines total. My dad, my lady, and I have service with Google fi Anand the two kids have service with TMobile prepaid. All the phones are paid for, and we are looking to keep them. I called a while back and was quoted $180 per month for unlimited, including taxes and fees. I am wondering if I can do everything online or if I have to go into a store. I assume I will need 5 new sim cards, so do I order those online, and then when everyone's bill is up on the 15th, I just call in and port all five numbers to the new sim cards? Am I missing anything?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Uncle Lizard posted:

So I'm pretty sure I'm switching back to TMobile. I will have 5 lines total. My dad, my lady, and I have service with Google fi Anand the two kids have service with TMobile prepaid. All the phones are paid for, and we are looking to keep them. I called a while back and was quoted $180 per month for unlimited, including taxes and fees. I am wondering if I can do everything online or if I have to go into a store. I assume I will need 5 new sim cards, so do I order those online, and then when everyone's bill is up on the 15th, I just call in and port all five numbers to the new sim cards? Am I missing anything?

if you want ill activate you, charge you less per month, and see if I can waive the sim cards

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos

Statutory Ape posted:

if you want ill activate you, charge you less per month, and see if I can waive the sim cards

That would be awesome. PM sent back. Thanks

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

So T-Mobile is offering the Pixel 3/3a devices starting tomorrow, and the page for them (https://www.t-mobile.com/customers/google-phone-deals?icid=WMM_TMNG_19GOOGPIXL_7PQPQOYTFGN8OH1SV17077_HP) says that "This year's Pixel devices will not be available with JUMP! On Demand at this time." I'm confused on if that means just the 3a and 3a XL since they came out in this calendar year, or if it is talking about this specific generation of Pixels (3 and 3a). Seems kind of nuts to me that they'd offer an $800 phone and not allow JOD on it while having JOD available for far more expensive and far cheaper devices.

It should be pretty clear that I've got JOD and I would like to get a Pixel 3 if possible, but don't want to have to pay off the iPhone I already have on JOD.

Edit: They responded on Twitter. All Pixel devices are excluded from Jump on Demand. So, uhh, anyone know what the cheapest JOD device is so I can maybe get out of leasing my phones?

Branch Nvidian fucked around with this message at 01:40 on May 8, 2019

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

I've never traded in a phone before (or actually bought one from a carrier for that matter) but since T-Mobile is offering $400 for a Pixel 1 XL towards the 3a, making it essentially free (via monthly credits of course) I'm probably going to do that. I'm just not sure if it's easier to do in store or online, since it seems they'll have the 3a in store tomorrow and being able to have the phone without waiting for shipping sounds awesome. But if I do it in store, do I hand over my current phone right there or do I still mail it in, so I have time to transfer my stuff and get the new phone set up?

heffray
Sep 18, 2010

You still mail it in. The store might be mail it for you, but they won't do any inspection or approval for the trade in.

$400 toward any Pixel 3 variant with the trade in of an OG Pixel is a pretty good deal.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Pretty sure the alcatel flip is JOD eligible , and iirc is $75 msrp

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Statutory Ape posted:

Pretty sure the alcatel flip is JOD eligible , and iirc is $75 msrp

Is there an account cool down period between upgrades? Like if I traded in my device for the alcatel and then just bought it outright, would I be stuck with it for a certain period of time before I could just do a regular upgrade on EIP?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

heffray posted:

You still mail it in. The store might be mail it for you, but they won't do any inspection or approval for the trade in.

$400 toward any Pixel 3 variant with the trade in of an OG Pixel is a pretty good deal.

Yeah getting $400 for an old OG Pixel is amazing and I thought the $300 last year for the OP6T was crazy

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Branch Nvidian posted:

Is there an account cool down period between upgrades? Like if I traded in my device for the alcatel and then just bought it outright, would I be stuck with it for a certain period of time before I could just do a regular upgrade on EIP?

No and no, in this specific situation you're fine

Also I asked some colleagues that work retail and the alcatel flip may not work on JOD, so that would leave the aristo 2/moto e5 play/revvl2 as cheapest JOD options, with the revvl2 theoretically having the "best" hardware

E: also re: the one plus 6t, I have one and the reality is that its not worth more than $300 when brand new s9s can be had for the same. I'm not a Samsung bro or whatever but if you can find a deal on a Samsung theyll be superior in almost every way imo. I do miss my silent/vibrate/ringer slider though, but that's probably the only aspect that I miss

Worf fucked around with this message at 10:48 on May 8, 2019

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Follow up question: I'm on a family plan and not the primary account holder; will I need the primary there if I do it in store?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

if you're listed as an authorized user youll be able to do anything you need re: upgrades and buying equipment

if you know the account pin you can just call customer service and pretend to be account holder and add yourself as an authorized user

theoretically the stores wont even talk to you about account specifics if you arent listed on the account, let alone sell you anything

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Statutory Ape posted:

if you're listed as an authorized user youll be able to do anything you need re: upgrades and buying equipment

if you know the account pin you can just call customer service and pretend to be account holder and add yourself as an authorized user

theoretically the stores wont even talk to you about account specifics if you arent listed on the account, let alone sell you anything

Is there a way to check if I'm authorized? I'm on the plan with my mom (primary) and brother, who I don't live with, but I was in the store when my mom set it all up and I feel like she made us both authorized. If not, can she authorize me via the website or does she have to call?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I would just call

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Actually you can do it online, I texted my mom and like 5 minutes later she said she gave me full access. The website is showing me as being able to upgrade my phone and all that now so it looks like I'm good. Thanks for the help.

Edit: well none of the stores near me have the white 3a so I'm ordering it online anyway. I'm just double checking that when I order it, there's no reference to the trade in offer and that will just appear on my bill after the trade in is approved? I don't see a way to indicate I want that offer.

Humerus fucked around with this message at 19:50 on May 8, 2019

Lker
Oct 26, 2010
I've done it in-store and they've assured me that the trade in credit will appear after mailing in the old phone. I might still recommend going to a store to get the deal to make sure, and if they have one in stock, they can give you the trade in credit right then and there if you trade in the phone at the store.

But since all the areas near me were out of stock, I have to do the mail in as well

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?
I’m still using an iPhone 6s and Im traveling internationally...next week. I’m looking at upgrading to an XR. Are there any deals left at this point?

Im not sure if T-Mobile’s trade in deal for a XR is still going. Should have done this two weeks ago but life got in the way.

Any suggestions out there on options?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
EDIT: Never mind

Vargo fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jun 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Is there nothing more odd for T-Mobile Tuesday than getting a 152 pg cookbook with 143 photos of John Legere throughout it?

https://kyocmsprdwusto1.blob.core.windows.net/assets/slowcookersunday.pdf?cmpid=TMT_TA_TMOTUES_VX18MDL4TRSXXCP9C48268