Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
Costco gas is like 40c cheaper than everything else around. And my new car gets 40mpg so. hell yeah. Old one got..... about 6.

just gotta wait in line for 20 minutes.

and turn off your dang engine while waiting in line.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Mar 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

MarsellusWallace posted:

Yes, but Costco gas is probably better, since it's Top Tier compliant (an improved detergent blend that was written by a bunch of carmakers)

That's right. Even Kirkland Brand gasoline is a better generic product than what's offered at lesser merchants.
all but probably the most shittiest of lovely gas stations, is top tier compliant. chevron, shell, 76, arco, etc.

Costco gas is generally not a whole lot cheaper than regular places here in california, varies of course but anywhere from 5 cents to 25 cents, probably averaging about 15 cents cheaper. If you're filling up 15 gallons, that's the price savings of a hot dog, which, is nice, but is probably not really worth the consumer's timer if there's an insane line (and sometimes there is a 15+ minute wait). I usually only get Costco gas if there's like 2 or 3 car wait and if my tank is pretty low to begin with while I'm there. otherwise I'll just fill up at a station closer to my house and just eat the $1 extra it ends up costing.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Costco Gas Savings (CA): $0.50/gal
Costco Gas Savings (AZ): $0.05/gal

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Eltoasto posted:

No Bitchin Sauce at my church, the name is probably too edgy for us wholesome Indiana folk.

Did get to restock on chicken burgers while they are in stock though, and those greek yogurt mint choc chip popsicles that are on sale this month are very good and diet friendly.

Which Costco do you frequent? About to start a Bitchin Sauce crusade across Indianapolis looking for it. Many potholes will be dodged and meth heads evaded.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Virigoth posted:

Which Costco do you frequent? About to start a Bitchin Sauce crusade across Indianapolis looking for it. Many potholes will be dodged and meth heads evaded.
Aren’t there only two in town? I’ve never seen it in Castleton for what it’s worth, although I haven’t been looking for it.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Virigoth posted:

Castleton, we don't have many meth heads on the street but boy do we have potholes!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Hey Costco goons, quick question:

I don't have a car anymore so I let my membership lapse, but I need to get a new TV soon, and probably something nicer than the lovely thing I got for $200 six years ago.

My question is if there's enough savings on any given nice-ish Costco tv to justify getting a new membership that I might use once or twice more over the course of the year, if I'm lucky. Meaning, do you save $50 (or more) by buying a tv from Costco?

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

Propaganda Machine posted:

I don't have a car anymore so I let my membership lapse, but I need to get a new TV soon, and probably something nicer than the lovely thing I got for $200 six years ago.

My question is if there's enough savings on any given nice-ish Costco tv to justify getting a new membership that I might use once or twice more over the course of the year, if I'm lucky. Meaning, do you save $50 (or more) by buying a tv from Costco?

If you are spending $2500, probably. If you are spending $500, probably not.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

someone buy this man an account

https://twitter.com/tjmusto/status/1109932049794625536

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
:3:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Kirkland should start making cars

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

flashy_mcflash posted:

Kirkland should start making cars

Rebrand toyotas

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

You’d probably be just as good waiting for a sale from Amazon or Best Buy and getting it delivered.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Got a flat tire, of course Costco will repair it for 10.99 and convert all my tires to nitrogen, thank you Jim.

Hot dog while I wait? A blessing.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

If you only really want to make one purchase, just bring a buddy with a membership with you. That's what I used to do before I got my own membership. Unless literally none of your friends/family have a membership either.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Rebrand toyotas

What would the Costco brand model names be though?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Kirkland 4 Door Sedan
Kirkland CSUV
Kirkland Mid Sized Truck

e: this is based on the naming convention for Krikland berries & nuts (with pumpkin seeds)

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Iron Crowned posted:

The Kirkland One Fifty

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Rebrand toyotas

I would be ok with this.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

BaconCopter posted:

You motherfucker. All I want are some GOD damned holy french fries at my church and you have the nerve to complain about a temporary outage. SMFH

Holy wars start over poo poo like this.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Do you believe in Saint Fries or Saint Dog?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

Kirkland Crossover (with almonds!)

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Do you believe in Saint Fries or Saint Dog?

Glory to Dog in the highest!

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Phylodox posted:

Glory to Dog in the highest!

I like the fries, but you cannot beat the $1.50 dog w/drink (and free refill).

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

flashy_mcflash posted:

Kirkland Crossover (with almonds!)

NON-GMO Kirkland Branded Cars

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

arisu posted:

If you only really want to make one purchase, just bring a buddy with a membership with you. That's what I used to do before I got my own membership. Unless literally none of your friends/family have a membership either.

Letting people use your membership for high value electronics is a hard no from me. Do you really want to be the one that has to deal with somebody else's warranty issues? It's 7 years long if you use your Costco visa and they pick up the Square Trade warranty. All of it in in the member's name.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Just went to Costco. They had the cheeseburger at the food court but no fries. :(

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

If you really really want to, you could buy it and immediately cancel your membership with refunded. However 1) you lose the warranty benefits and 2) you are spitting on the 'Stco when you cancel a membership

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
To be honest, if you can afford a TV then you can afford the $50 membership that gives you a ton more benefits. If you end up saving on a TV at Costco, well that just paid for your year of excellent prices, customer service, and quality products!!!

PBUC

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Pennywise the Frown posted:

To be honest, if you can afford a TV then you can afford the $50 membership that gives you a ton more benefits. If you end up saving on a TV at Costco, well that just paid for your year of excellent prices, customer service, and quality products!!!

PBUC

Also pizza and Pepsi.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Schadenboner posted:

Also pizza and Pepsi.

One free refill.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

MarcusSA posted:

One free refill.

:qqsay:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
They should rebrand harvard law degree to costco so you can get law degree at costco

naem
May 29, 2011

They should rebrand harvard law degree to costco so you can get law degree at costco

this was a plot point in an excellent documentary titled “Idiocracy”

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

naem posted:

Welcome to Costco! I love you!

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

naem posted:

:thejoke:

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
The Nepean warehouse in Ottawa is now piloting self checkout.. I used it, and it was fine.. but I don't know how I feel about it.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Math You posted:

The Nepean warehouse in Ottawa is now piloting self checkout.. I used it, and it was fine.. but I don't know how I feel about it.

I visit my boy Jerome at the Atlanta Perimeter location every chance I get and let them know not to take his job with these drat machines!!!!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

You can buy most anything on Costco.com without a membership but non-members have a 5% surcharge. If the TV you want is sold online, see if the 5% fee is less than the cost of membership.
You can also buy a lot of Costco stuff through Google Express with a small markup as well.

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Mar 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

FCKGW posted:

You can also buy a lot of Costco stuff through Google Express with a small markup as well.

The interface blows chunks though. Every single size/color/option for every single item is listed as a new item in Google Express, instead of being a base item with different options within it. So you'll see tons and tons of duplicates as you look through the list there.

If they fixed that it would be a hell of a lot more useful. Whoever decided to publish the item list that way clearly never tried using the drat thing afterwards.