Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macnult

one of the many cool things about byob is that it has a lot of good artists.

please dump your art here, we'd love to see it!

--
Link to Bacalou's original thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3770636

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult

here's an alstroemeria i sketched to pass time in between my classes:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Macnult posted:

:love: thread off to a great start, still love seeing your art

Macnult

Luvcow posted:

:love: thread off to a great start, still love seeing your art

thanks! i hope i get to see some mouse-related works of yours :)

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Macnult posted:

thanks! i hope i get to see some mouse-related works of yours :)

thanks man, i haven't done anything mouse related in a while so i whipped up a quick and dirty charcoal mouse for this thread:

Macnult

Luvcow posted:

thanks man, i haven't done anything mouse related in a while so i whipped up a quick and dirty charcoal mouse for this thread:

:love:
it's fantastic

Resting Lich Face

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
That's really cool Luvcow. You have a pleasing style.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Luvcow posted:

Your use of light and shadow is so amazingly surreal

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Macnult posted:

This is really detailed, it's incredible!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Manifisto

the mouse is admiring the flower

I'm admiring them both

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

edit:
This was a jumbled mess I rushed it commenting after getting a call and had to go do work things and wanted to submit.

These are both fantastic.

I really love the line work in the flower. It's very nice. I think with some color added you might even have something you could put on canvas and sell if you wanted to pursue that. I think I'm just not into flowers no famous flower paintings have done much for me beyond appreciating the skill involved in making the art. Your skill really does show and I don't want to undercut that just because I'm not interested in the subject matter of the piece.

The mouse looks almost alive. The look in the mouse's eye just makes me wonder what is he looking at. What is beyond the page. It's really really good. The piece looks complete but the scene looks like there is more to it beyond the page. Being a living creature might be part of it but I swear something is reflected in his eye. This is wonderful I wouldn't add any color to this. You could be selling stuff like this easily.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Mar 25, 2019

sig by owlhawk911

Resting Lich Face

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
The mouse just woke up after a bender and is having a brief lucid moment of horror as he realizes his addiction has destroyed his family and everything he ever cared about. Shortly after this scene he picks up the phone to score more "cheese".

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Resting Lich Face posted:

The mouse just woke up after a bender and is having a brief lucid moment of horror as he realizes his addiction has destroyed his family and everything he ever cared about. Shortly after this scene he picks up the phone to score more "cheese".

lol

thanks all for the kind words and to macnult for making the new thread. i hope this thread picks up like the last one because there are some really amazing and talented people here, or that used to post their stuff here. just looking back over the last thread it's sad that some of the pics no longer show up :(

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I fixed my other post sorry it was 2 ideas at the same time of each painting and it was confusing before I hope this is more clear.

sig by owlhawk911

Resting Lich Face

Mouse would make a sweet avatar too.

Macnult

pixaal posted:

I really love the line work in the flower. It's very nice. I think with some color added you might even have something you could put on canvas and sell if you wanted to pursue that. I think I'm just not into flowers no famous flower paintings have done much for me beyond appreciating the skill involved in making the art. Your skill really does show and I don't want to undercut that just because I'm not interested in the subject matter of the piece.

thanks! i only really drew it for the sake of linework practice and for something to draw. i do love flowers though

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
please don't die little art thread, there are far too many talented artists here to let you die

:pray:

Android Blues

i was looking for the old art dump recently. will post some things when i get home!

Sprue

please send nudes :shittydog:
:petdog:
Here's a blurry pic of a lil black bear I did

It's in honor of a bear that was hanging out at our place and pissing off the dogs. 🐻 Where are you now, Daryl the baryl???

Macnult

Android Blues posted:

i was looking for the old art dump recently. will post some things when i get home!

:peanut:

Sprue posted:

It's in honor of a bear that was hanging out at our place and pissing off the dogs. 🐻 Where are you now, Daryl the baryl???

I like it! Is that permanent inkwork?

Sprue

Macnult posted:

:peanut:

I like it! Is that permanent inkwork?

Thanks and yes it is,I've been doing hand poke tattoos for a while, I really enjoy it

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Android Blues posted:

:)

Sprue posted:

really well done, i like how bare and yet how effective it is

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
Thanks for making this thread!

Sketch of a coworker.

“You made me look old.” - his response

I started to sketch out the sunglasses on his brim then forgot about them until it was too late

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Farecoal

There he go

Luvcow posted:

really well done, i like how bear and yet how effective it is

Macnult

Sprue posted:

Thanks and yes it is,I've been doing hand poke tattoos for a while, I really enjoy it

Nice it looks awesome! I always love good inkwork

blaise rascal posted:

Sketch of a coworker.

I started to sketch out the sunglasses on his brim then forgot about them until it was too late

thanks for posting in it! they don’t look old lol

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

blaise rascal posted:

Sketch of a coworker.

i like the sketchiness and blue pen improv feel

Macnult posted:

thanks for posting in it! they don’t look old lol

well if the coworker was a toddler then yes, he indeed made him look old

:colbert:

Macnult

Luvcow posted:

well if the coworker was a toddler then yes, he indeed made him look old

:colbert:

you’re right, I never considered the coworker’s actual age

redm

told to post these from the chat thread, theres a third one in there I posted already as well

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

redm posted:

told to post these from the chat thread, theres a third one in there I posted already as well

:) thank you! looks cool. you do a lot of painting on doors/found objects?

redm

Luvcow posted:

:) thank you! looks cool. you do a lot of painting on doors/found objects?

I used to do them all the time about a decade ago, but a few of them got stolen while I set them to dry one right after the other and it killed it for me for a while. My dad gave me the idea, he does cool poo poo making art with found objects all the time.

On that subject, I recently found what looks like a section of an old piece of antique furniture set on a pedastal (most likely something made to preserve the astonishing carve work) and I was thinking about stripping whatever varnish it's been slathered with to either repaint it or do something else maybe I dunno yet does anyone have any suggestions?

Android Blues

So my big project lately has been a modular "paper doll" style document for putting together character portraits. I have a base head + shoulders, then I've slowly been working on a library of eyes, eyebrows, hairstyles, mouths, noses, skin tones, etc, that you can swap in to generate new looks. It's been hard work, but it's coming along really well, and I'm close to finishing the project.

Here are some of the results! These are just illustrative, there are hundreds of possible combinations so far. It is really fun and really rewarding to see how elements drawn in isolation combine in unexpected ways!

redm

Android Blues posted:

So my big project lately has been a modular "paper doll" style document for putting together character portraits. I have a base head + shoulders, then I've slowly been working on a library of eyes, eyebrows, hairstyles, mouths, noses, skin tones, etc, that you can swap in to generate new looks. It's been hard work, but it's coming along really well, and I'm close to finishing the project.

Here are some of the results! These are just illustrative, there are hundreds of possible combinations so far. It is really fun and really rewarding to see how elements drawn in isolation combine in unexpected ways!

That sounds like a lot to keep up with, but also fun and cool.

Sprue

Android Blues posted:

These are great. Back even I was 12 or so I found this great program on the net that was basically a paper doll game. Users would make different sets you could download and you could play dress up or change the look of the doll. Plus some had full anatomical details which ho boy let me tell you was pretty cool to 12 year old me 😍

Macnult

redm posted:

this is really cool! I’m a sucker for art with found objects

Android Blues posted:

Nice! I’ve always wanted to try something like this. I can only imagine how long it takes to put it all together - the only thing I can compare it to is drawing different mouths when animating in the past

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Android Blues posted:

that seems really fun, like making a mii but you can create whatever the hell you want given enough time

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
Custom BYOB Art, Brought to you by yours truely...

<3 <3 Vanisher

Android Blues

Macnult posted:

Nice! I’ve always wanted to try something like this. I can only imagine how long it takes to put it all together - the only thing I can compare it to is drawing different mouths when animating in the past

a while, but not as long as you might think! definitely an ongoing project though - but it's really rewarding because of the multiplicative aspect. every new thing you draw creates a bunch of new "potential" pictures through combining it with previous drawings. so just like sitting down for five minutes and drawing a new nose makes you feel pretty good because one new nose = many potential new faces!

Luvcow posted:

that seems really fun, like making a mii but you can create whatever the hell you want given enough time

it super is! honestly, although i am doing this as part of another project, it is really independently fun for exactly this reason. i ended up channeling the kind of silly/style-divergent Mii aesthetic for some of this, like you can see how that third mouth on the right is more silly and cartoony, because it ended up reminding me so much of Mii creation.

at first i resisted that and tried to keep the style more strictly unified, but then i realised it's actually pretty fun and liberating to make some elements more naturalistic and others more exaggerated, so long as you stick to a few ground rules about palette/position/size.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

Luvcow posted:

I LOVE this mousie!!

I doodled this guy on a slow day at work, it's part of a series of aimless doodles and sketches called "Gentlemen I Would Like to Meet" this fellow's name is Cornelius and he is shy but a big jokester at heart!!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

(Didn't attach)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

love it! it has a kind of richard scary vibe to it, also appreciate the spending time creating something on a yellow lined piece of paper