Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I dont know what your on about Dancer. It's not a fake day action I just made a mistake with the formatting.

##push button there better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Okay, now that two people have misunderstood me I actually feel bad :v: . I assumed my hyperbolic tone was obvious, but I see how it might have not been, and I'm sorry.

No, I have no issue with anything you typed Dicky B, I was acting bloodthirsty.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dancer posted:

Okay, now that two people have misunderstood me I actually feel bad :v: . I assumed my hyperbolic tone was obvious, but I see how it might have not been, and I'm sorry.

No, I have no issue with anything you typed Dicky B, I was acting bloodthirsty.

o....kay?

anyway i really hope those lurkers wake up soon cuz i rly dont want d1/d2 to just be let's lynch lurkers and not bother scum hunting

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Dick Bastardly posted:

I dont know what your on about Dancer. It's not a fake day action I just made a mistake with the formatting.

I'm disappointed in you. You've received Vignettist.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Dick Bastardly posted:

Seems like a self-conscious reaction to what looked like a joke.

:thunk:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I didn't read it as a joke but I could see it as one?

I also wanted to have a legit pushed button because look how fun it is

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##push button

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
The following people have yet to push the button (or if they did I missed it)

Jimmydaland
Jimson
Nep Nep
OMG

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i didn't read dancer's post as a joke until he clarified. kind of a weird joke tho but i dont get day 1 humor yet tbh...

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

CapitalistPig posted:

##push button

You push the button. Nothing happens. You feel a creeping sense of doom approach. You probably shouldn't push the button.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
My vote on jimmy isn't a joke vote, fyi. It's not the best case, but given D1, I'm willing to go with this.

What's pinging my about jimmy is the following posts:

jimmydalad posted:

I can't tell if it's more suspicious to push or not push the button.

Empty shadethrowing, also the way it flows into his next posts when I make a joke about it don't sit right with me.

jimmydalad posted:

I mean, the button did just kill someone. :shrug:

jimmydalad posted:

I ain't the type to succumb to peer pressure. At least not just yet.

I feel like this is overly defensive about not pushing the button, especially after 'wondering what's more suspicious'. Given the fact that scum is naturally more hesitant to push the button, as they don't want to risk losing one of their own, this is suspicious to me.

jimmydalad posted:

I ain't gonna press the button. Town's loss if you wanna vig me

This post doesn't help either. Neither do the rest of jimmy's posts - they're either defending themselves or chaff. Could be scum trying to lay low.

Either way, my vote is staying where it is.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Also we do have a lurker mechanic of some sort according to OP, which I feel like is a much better way of dealing with someone that posted literally nothing so far? (OMG, that is)

Voting for them seems kind of wasteful?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Yami Fenrir posted:

Also we do have a lurker mechanic of some sort according to OP, which I feel like is a much better way of dealing with someone that posted literally nothing so far? (OMG, that is)

Voting for them seems kind of wasteful?

I 100% agree with you. I've never been in a game where voting D1 Lurker gleaned any sort of useful information.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Yami Fenrir posted:

My vote on jimmy isn't a joke vote, fyi. It's not the best case, but given D1, I'm willing to go with this.

What's pinging my about jimmy is the following posts:

Empty shadethrowing, also the way it flows into his next posts when I make a joke about it don't sit right with me.

I feel like this is overly defensive about not pushing the button, especially after 'wondering what's more suspicious'. Given the fact that scum is naturally more hesitant to push the button, as they don't want to risk losing one of their own, this is suspicious to me.

This post doesn't help either. Neither do the rest of jimmy's posts - they're either defending themselves or chaff. Could be scum trying to lay low.

Either way, my vote is staying where it is.

This is a good clarification, though I don't agree that it's necessarily a fact that scum would be more hesitant to push the button. At first it appeared safe and early on looked like an easy grab for additional abilities. We have now seen a death as a result but it was from someone who chose to button as much as possible. I don't particularly fear the button and my reason for not pressing it up to this point is fairly goofy.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Nep-Nep posted:

This is a good clarification, though I don't agree that it's necessarily a fact that scum would be more hesitant to push the button. At first it appeared safe and early on looked like an easy grab for additional abilities. We have now seen a death as a result but it was from someone who chose to button as much as possible. I don't particularly fear the button and my reason for not pressing it up to this point is fairly goofy.

I don't mind your goofiness around the button.

Also keep in mind that jimmy's post happened after the death (pretty much all of them from what I can tell? They were clearly posting with the knowledge that the button can kill people).

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SalTheBard posted:

I 100% agree with you. I've never been in a game where voting D1 Lurker gleaned any sort of useful information.

on the other hand, D1 is one of the least costly times to get no info from the lunch.

the main advantage to hunting down lurkers though isn't so much in actually lunching them, but in making the threat real enough that people feel compelled to try and post more. Especially scum who are lurking cause they feel awkward.

Anyway, later I will gladly move my hijacked vote back to Jimmy where it belongs, cause who would sign up for this game and then not wanna push the button?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

on the other hand, D1 is one of the least costly times to get no info from the lunch.

meh, i dont agree with this.

Bifauxnen posted:

the main advantage to hunting down lurkers though isn't so much in actually lunching them, but in making the threat real enough that people feel compelled to try and post more.

this is more why i do it. i dont think theyre any more likely to be scum, but giving them 2 or 3 votes at least might make them post. if jimson somehow get 5 or 6 votes i'll revote for someone i actually suspect

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*also when it gets to crunch time i will

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
But it's not like Jimson will get a text message on his phone telling him that Onset voted for him and to get in the thread and post.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SalTheBard posted:

But it's not like Jimson will get a text message on his phone telling him that Onset voted for him and to get in the thread and post.

he might if he is close enough with his scumbros to trust them with his personal contact details

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

SalTheBard posted:

I mean I only read the posts that are about me in mafia games so :shrug:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Bifauxnen posted:

he might if he is close enough with his scumbros to trust them with his personal contact details

Thats true. Do you have my phone number in case someone votes for me? It's 867-5309

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Also I just realized deadlines are 10AM my time, I will probably not be around for deadlines much in this game, so sorry in advance.

I think Yami's points about Jimmydalad are sensible so I'm okay with that vote.

##vote jimmydalad

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SalTheBard posted:

Thats true. Do you have my phone number in case someone votes for me? It's 867-5309

cmon dude I'm in Australia I need your area code too

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
##vote Yami

its a scum push

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Scum will aggressively pursue lazy town lunches to ensure that the lunch choice doesn't swing around onto one of their members day 1. Look at how easily Jimmy gained 4 votes when the first one was placed. There's no reason for Yami to exclusively look at Jimmy or case Jimmy, the extent of their case is that Jimmy is lurking. All in all it seems like it's an attempt to force a low info lunch on someone who doesn't look like they'll fight back.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Toalpaz posted:

##vote Yami

its a scum push

Toalpaz posted:

Scum will aggressively pursue lazy town lunches to ensure that the lunch choice doesn't swing around onto one of their members day 1. Look at how easily Jimmy gained 4 votes when the first one was placed. There's no reason for Yami to exclusively look at Jimmy or case Jimmy, the extent of their case is that Jimmy is lurking. All in all it seems like it's an attempt to force a low info lunch on someone who doesn't look like they'll fight back.

Toalpaz I think you are a good player. You have had good D1 instincts in the past so right now I'm going to cautiously follow this lead.

##vote Yami

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I actually agree in a way that it is freaking me out that no one else besides Jimmy was being seriously cased at all, but I don't think its Yami

pushing Yami is a scummier push than Jimmy imo. "Jimmy not pushing the button and being cagey about not pushing the button" is a decent thing to case him over. "Yami bothering to make the only good case in the game so far" however, is a weird thing to call him out on.

##vote Toal

no wait, fake edit, Sal jumping in to agree with that is way worse

##vote Sal

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

I actually agree in a way that it is freaking me out that no one else besides Jimmy was being seriously cased at all, but I don't think its Yami

pushing Yami is a scummier push than Jimmy imo. "Jimmy not pushing the button and being cagey about not pushing the button" is a decent thing to case him over. "Yami bothering to make the only good case in the game so far" however, is a weird thing to call him out on.

##vote Toal

##vote Sal

It isn't decent to case someone over whether or not they push button. Button doesn't seem to have any impact on alignment.

We have a player in the game (onset) who can literally make Jimmy push button, and case should evaporate. It's an empty case, not designed to catch scum.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

Did you actually read a single word of my case before deciding im scum and writing this post? Jimmy lurking is at best an off tangent in my case to state that they knew the button can kill.

This smells like scum toal rn. Sal doesnt look great either but i need to go sleep so i cant look at them.

Speaking of which, i wont be able to make deadline. Ill have a moment before heading to work and then during lunch break to post, but thats all.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Toalpaz posted:

It isn't decent to case someone over whether or not they push button. Button doesn't seem to have any impact on alignment.

We have a player in the game (onset) who can literally make Jimmy push button, and case should evaporate. It's an empty case, not designed to catch scum.

that's not entirely what the case is though. Like yeah it started out just poking him about it but he also reacted with those weird justifications and sounded all waffly all "oh well I don't know if it's more scummy to not hit the button or to actually hit the button"

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

like yeah its a weak case, but it is D1, and it is like the first real attempt to case

calling the first case in the game out just sounds like scum who couldn't even make any case till someone else made one so they could point at it and call it bad

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

also, it doesn't matter if someone else pushes the button for him, he has to want to do the dishespush the button

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Bifauxnen posted:

##vote Toal

##vote Sal

I've seen scum push lurker lynches before, I think Toals case is more reasonable than Yami's case on Jimmy. Also if I was scum I probably would've vigged you (Bif) since I posted "Regardless of alignment I will vig Big" but now I'm having cold feet because I don't want to accidentally vig a townie.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Jimmy isn't just a lurker case though, Jimson was the lurker case

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Bifauxnen posted:

Jimmy isn't just a lurker case though, Jimson was the lurker case

Oh well gently caress me then.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
##unvote

I've seen Toal make some pretty good D1 reads in the few games I've played with him, so I'm totally not out of the realm of voting Yami.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I think what would be super helpful is if Dancer Daycop'd either Yami or Toalpaz. Not that I trust Dancer super hard or anything but any information would be more useful than no information.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
There is no point in hanging onto abilities like daycop or vig because they just put big fat targets on your for NK's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancer
May 23, 2011
If I decide to end the day without having used my thing, which I might, it will be in full knowledge of that. Don't just assume the day-cop will be happening today.