Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dancer posted:

If I decide to end the day without having used my thing, which I might, it will be in full knowledge of that. Don't just assume the day-cop will be happening today.

wtf for someone all "if you don't push the button you are passing up this small chance of possibly becoming cop" you sure are accepting the chance of possibly becoming dead before you can use it

and it's actually a DAY cop? why the hell would you not use it especially after you were already prancing around all "ooh look at me I got a cop"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Dancer posted:

If I decide to end the day without having used my thing, which I might, it will be in full knowledge of that. Don't just assume the day-cop will be happening today.

Any thoughts on current events? Or just stopping by because someone remembered you had that?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SalTheBard posted:

I think what would be super helpful is if Dancer Daycop'd either Yami or Toalpaz. Not that I trust Dancer super hard or anything but any information would be more useful than no information.

hey how did you know it was a daycop

I just checked and Dancer only said he got "a cop"

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
btw im gonna post my reads in about 90 minutes

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

hey how did you know it was a daycop

I just checked and Dancer only said he got "a cop"

it was in the button mod post iirc

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

onsetOutsider posted:

it was in the button mod post iirc

the hell

oh it got edited modkill Solus plz

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

SolusLunes posted:

This can be used by posting ##daycop [target] in thread.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Oh ok that got sorted out prior to my post!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
2. If you post fewer than ten times across a game day that comes within 12 hours of finishing, you will be dealt with in a manner I see fit, be it freelynch, hated stacks, lurker guns, this one stupid lurker mechanic thing I've been tinkering with, or what have you. Lurking will not be tolerated and punishments will happen to lurkers

Right now Jimson has a whopping 1 post, OMG has 4 and Jimmy has 8. I really hope we get to see the stupid lurker thing you've been tinkering with.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

SalTheBard posted:

I 100% agree with you. I've never been in a game where voting D1 Lurker gleaned any sort of useful information.

Its bot about information really. It's about pressure and a principle that a town not playing is anti town. A scum not playing is anti town.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

Its not about information really. It's about pressure and a principle that a town not playing is anti town. A scum not playing is anti town.

Maf edit: corrected bolded word

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I'm generally all for eventually killing lurkers but don't prefer it d1, sometimes someone was just busy or not paying attention and the next day they might come in and plead their case, or surprise everyone with a night result or something of value. If the trend continues they're just dead weight though.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

It would be super cool if people, like jimmy for instance, might post.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Thinking about Dancer holding off on the day cop it strikes me as suboptimal play but not a scum tell, since I think scum could just easily use the command to cop someone they know is town, then say "oh yeah I got a town result" and it would be true and non-controversial.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Nep-Nep posted:

Thinking about Dancer holding off on the day cop it strikes me as suboptimal play but not a scum tell, since I think scum could just easily use the command to cop someone they know is town, then say "oh yeah I got a town result" and it would be true and non-controversial.

yeah I don't wanna vote him or anything, I just want him to use the freakin daycop

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Nep-Nep posted:

Or cop a scum buddy and claim the result is town.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
time for my reads:

i seriously dont think yami or sal are scum.

im not entirely sold on yami's case for jimmy but tbh day 1 reads are rarely like "oh definitely 100% yes". i definitely dont think yami seems like a scum pushing for a lynch though.

bif said sal was sus for agreeing w toal and voting yami, but i think it'd be way more a sign of bandwagoning if he voted for jimmy. that said, toal's logic is real flimsy and sal's only real reason to vote was a general trust in toal's d1 reads, which can be valid but i certainly dont have that kind of trust in toal yet lol.

so who *do* i think are scum? well im not going to make the same mistake as my last game and tunnel like gently caress on people, but heres who MIGHT be scum. well, toal's been acting crazy but honestly they're a pretty weak read for me right now.

bif is actually sending off a lot of my scum signals. first of all, i never like it when people explicitly claim town this early on in a lighthearted jokey way. it feels like a manipulation tactic where you plant the seeds of "im town" so that people subconciously read you like that. well for me its kind of the opposite.

jimmy is a better case than toal (and certainly better than yami) but its a bit lower than bif for me. i dont think a scum would be confortable saying stuff about "whats more suspicious" they'd know better. and all in all, waffling about pushing the button isnt a scum tell at all. it's been established that pushing the button once will probably give you some kind of ability, right? thats just as good for scum as it is for town

tl;dr who am i comfortable voting for right now?
bif, jimmy, in that order.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*oh and adding on to my tl;dr, also maybe toal at the bottom of the list

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

lol ok

btw why do you say Toal is acting crazy, that seems kind of insensitive especially when Toal sounds perfectly cool and collected, just prolly wrong and scummy

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Scum narrative:

Yami Fenrir posted:

How about we daycop toal instead so we know if we should lynch them when they start going insane again

onsetOutsider posted:

same.

also toalpaz calm down

onsetOutsider posted:

wtf is that lol

also I just realized solus wasnt disappointed in toalpaz the 2nd time they pushed it.

extremely KB voice: :henget:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

btw why do you say Toal is acting crazy, that seems kind of insensitive especially when Toal sounds perfectly cool and collected, just prolly wrong and scummy

um, in the first like hour of the day, he was like "you agreed with db about the button? u are both scum!" and then when yami expressed doubt with that dumb sudden read, they were like "yami is scum too!"

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Sal please vig Yami or onset it would make me feel very happy.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hmmm I forgot Yami said that too, but at least he was talking about when you may go insane in the future, not claiming it had already happened

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I will reread that early day stuff though cause I prolly just read it as jokephase, and prolly still will tbh but we shall see

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
jokephase is a myth perpetuated by scum

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
So right now I'm being swallowed up by Final Fantasy XIV and that's sort of taking time that I probably should have put into this game.

I'm not really getting the whole "why join this game if you aren't going to push the button?" narrative that's going on. Is it strange that I'm not compelled to push a button we've been told not to push? :v:

Then again, I could just be being weird about that.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

See, Onset uses my proper pronouns before I complain to thread asking people to use my right pronouns, and then after I complain Onset uses the wrong ones?

Clearly scum that can't keep their position straight/out of thread knowledge in check.

Onset probably got all that 'crazy' talk because Yami was saying in scum chat that scum could push my buttons and cause me to melt down.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Toalpaz posted:

See, Onset uses my proper pronouns before I complain to thread asking people to use my right pronouns, and then after I complain Onset uses the wrong ones?

Clearly scum that can't keep their position straight/out of thread knowledge in check.

Onset probably got all that 'crazy' talk because Yami was saying in scum chat that scum could push my buttons and cause me to melt down.

i also used your correct pronoun in that exact same post. the first time was a mistake. im sorry but dont jump down my throat for that geez

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

did that KB case actually pan out before? I already forgot which game that was from. I'm wary of taking it seriously though when last game my own drat scumteam was still getting my pronouns wrong in endgame even

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Toalpaz posted:

Sal please vig Yami or onset it would make me feel very happy.

Hmmm.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hey is this the "crazy" thing you were talking about onset, cause it seems to be the only post that comes close:

Toalpaz posted:

What a scum interaction between DB and Onset. Both posted to caution away from button pushing... as if they don't want town to inviggin themselves. Both don't push button.... as if they're not able to.

jimmydalad posted:

So right now I'm being swallowed up by Final Fantasy XIV and that's sort of taking time that I probably should have put into this game.

I'm not really getting the whole "why join this game if you aren't going to push the button?" narrative that's going on. Is it strange that I'm not compelled to push a button we've been told not to push? :v:

Then again, I could just be being weird about that.

yes, you are being weird about it!

there's been a clear established pattern of everyone getting some prize when they push the button for the first time. At least before Dancer was right, why not see if you get a daycop or something else cool?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Bifauxnen posted:

did that KB case actually pan out before? I already forgot which game that was from. I'm wary of taking it seriously though when last game my own drat scumteam was still getting my pronouns wrong in endgame even

I vaguely remember that case. I don't remember if it meant anything or not, but I don't think the case was taken very well by everyone. I feel like it didn't lead anywhere but I could be wrong about that. :/

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

hey is this the "crazy" thing you were talking about onset, cause it seems to be the only post that comes close:

yes thats the post, and also THEIR accusations at yami that i feel are unfounded

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Bifauxnen posted:

yes, you are being weird about it!

there's been a clear established pattern of everyone getting some prize when they push the button for the first time. At least before Dancer was right, why not see if you get a daycop or something else cool?

But didn't AA mention that the "prize" he got was a negative utility role? I mean we can't assume that everything given out by Solus will be something that's beneficial for town, even if it is the first time being pushed.

Additionally, I'm not getting the whole cagey being scum not wanting to risk getting killed? Like the general consensus of the thread is that we all should be pushing the button. If anything, scum would probably be up for pushing the button as to not buck the trend and jump on the people who don't want to push the button.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jimmydalad posted:

Additionally, I'm not getting the whole cagey being scum not wanting to risk getting killed? Like the general consensus of the thread is that we all should be pushing the button. If anything, scum would probably be up for pushing the button as to not buck the trend and jump on the people who don't want to push the button.

this is an extremely good point. and its why i'm not gung-ho about calling you scummy. i *am* slightly convinced by yami's argument about how you worded stuff weirdly and gave kind of contradictory reasons for being apprehensive. stll tho i think that's a weak argument. i dont have much to go on here. i'd still rather vote bif

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Killing Yami is the only way we hit scum, that case is fake.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Nothing is really pinging for me atm. With most of the thread consisting of pushing the button, not really been able to have a solid lock on anyone.

Alongside that, I've not been paying full 100% attention to this thread, so that may be another reason I've not gotten anyone on the tip of my tongue.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Yami Fenrir posted:

First you're saying it's suspicious, now you're just scared.

Who would be scared of pushing the button while also trying to shade people pushing the button?

Scum, that's who.

##vote jimmydalad

I feel like this is a valid case from Yams. I also had stated previously that I thought it would be a good idea to press the button at least once.

Such reluctance seems born of prescient knowledge, and that is suspicious.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I can confirm that everything the button does is not good. I got a negative utility from it. :v:

This is true. I imagine I'm not the only one too.

Bifauxnen posted:

yeah after he pushed it what, like ten times

what's the matter, you chicken?

##vote jimmy

I can never tell with Bif-chan. At times their accusations seem loaded and I read them with too much sincerity and get stuck on how she must be scum. However, this looks like a joke with the chicken goading.

Toalpaz posted:

Do you think Yami's vote is a joke vote onset?

My pronouns are they them friends.

Agreed, yami's vote appears to be legitimate.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Seems like a self-conscious reaction to what looked like a joke.

:thunk:

I still feel DB looks weird for this.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Whoops, catching up on mobile. That post wasn't ready yet. But yeah catching up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
It is reasonable to assume that a single button press won't kill you. Unless you have knowledge that the average town might not have and can invalidate this I believe that not pushing the button at least once is suspicious.

Even though there is the risk of receiving something adverse or marginally beneficial.