Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Cardi B Responds to Backlash Over Video of Her Saying She Drugged and Robbed Men
https://www.complex.com/music/2019/03/cardi-b-responds-to-drug-robbery-men-controversy

R. Kelly's legal team asks Chicago judge for more time before ruling on Dubai concert trip
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/r-kelly-due-back-court-120238056.html

Jet Blue pilots accused of drugging and raping female crew members in new lawsuit
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/jet-blue-pilots-accused-drugging-raping-female-crew-members-new-lawsuit-101617805.html

Michael Jackson probed over ‘sexual abuse of two Mexican boys’ and ‘child sex’ tape, secret FBI files reveal
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/85886...i-files-reveal/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem
Houston Public Library admits registered child sex offender read to kids in Drag Queen Storytime
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/h...time/ar-BBUPTpj

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

AntifaSupersoldier posted:

Houston Public Library admits registered child sex offender read to kids in Drag Queen Storytime

LoL straight out of True Detective

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

AntifaSupersoldier posted:

welp I guess that program's gonna die

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Zogo posted:

Cardi B Responds to Backlash Over Video of Her Saying She Drugged and Robbed Men
https://www.complex.com/music/2019/03/cardi-b-responds-to-drug-robbery-men-controversy

God, this is such an rear end backwards apology, and the social media response has been absolutely horrendous (women praising her, men victim blaming the men).

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It was only a matter of time before progressives reclaimed rape from cis-het men.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Bust Rodd posted:

It was only a matter of time before progressives reclaimed rape from cis-het men.

I didn’t watch the video but she didn’t say she sexually assaulted them right? She did what ye olde timey prostitutes called slipping them a Mickey. That’s just a mugging

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Phew

Yas queen slay

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

DeimosRising posted:

I didn’t watch the video but she didn’t say she sexually assaulted them right? She did what ye olde timey prostitutes called slipping them a Mickey. That’s just a mugging

The litmus test is if its still a mugging if a man did it.

e: if a man client is a 'John', what's a woman client called? Also a 'John'?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Shaocaholica posted:

By the Doe school of naming, it would be Jane.

By the Cusack school of naming, it would be Joan.

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation

Shaocaholica posted:

If a guy drugged me, didn't sexually assault me but stole my wallet that would be a mugging yes.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Muggings often create the same exact afterffects as (some) sexual assaults, and often far more than sexual misconduct (ie. People mugged when drugged or violently have similar reactions as to those sexually assaulted under the same conditions). And can be as damaging in other ways - all because two people aren't the same. Reaction to this has been an odd revelation where people are willing to victim blame and give passes in some instances but draw a harder line in lesser cases elsewhere.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Apparently The View is like a nightmare world, and not just because Meghan McCain is there

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1111086205905461248

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1111106172440895488

Zogo posted:

it's kinda ironic that this has come out immediately after she was cast in her first movie as...

*checks notes*

a woman who is part of a group of ex and current sex workers/strippers who drug men and steal their money

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Catfishenfuego posted:

If a guy drugged me, didn't sexually assault me but stole my wallet that would be a mugging yes.

Even if it was in a hotel room and the last thing you remember is wanting to sex the dude? And maybe you wake up naked?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Darko posted:

Muggings often create the same exact afterffects as (some) sexual assaults, and often far more than sexual misconduct (ie. People mugged when drugged or violently have similar reactions as to those sexually assaulted under the same conditions). And can be as damaging in other ways - all because two people aren't the same. Reaction to this has been an odd revelation where people are willing to victim blame and give passes in some instances but draw a harder line in lesser cases elsewhere.

I’m not saying mugging someone is good, but it’s not what this thread is about, not as bad as sexual assault, and I just don’t see street crimes as some unwashable moral stain on a person’s soul

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

DeimosRising posted:

I’m not saying mugging someone is good, but it’s not what this thread is about, not as bad as sexual assault, and I just don’t see street crimes as some unwashable moral stain on a person’s soul

I get why it people would be bothered by it, it’s some scummy poo poo she brought up like she was proud of it. But we also have male rappers who say they were in gangs and killed people, and Liam Neeson and stuff.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Mugging - bad

Rape - also bad

Don’t do the bad things.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Whatever happened with the thing between Bjork and Lars Von Trier?

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Ok so if Cardi drugged/robbed someone after sexing them is it still a mugging?

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Pirate Jet posted:

Whatever happened with the thing between Bjork and Lars Von Trier?

Can you elaborate? I've only heard her say the experience of acting that part was emotionally traumatizing, did he do anything to her physically?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Not really surprised that being mugged is a horrible experience for people, though there's a definitely a... spectrum for these things. Still, I think they've earned a hug and kind words...

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Autechresaint posted:

Can you elaborate? I've only heard her say the experience of acting that part was emotionally traumatizing, did he do anything to her physically?

She shared experiences with an unnamed “Danish director” that was really obviously Lars. https://facebook.com/bjork/posts/10155782628166460

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Shaocaholica posted:

Was the sex part consensual?

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Shaocaholica posted:

What are you trying to get at with these questions? Everyone in this thread is still saying that the drugging and mugging are bad and traumatizing for the victim but there's no indication that there was unconsensual sex or sexual assault involved so I'm not sure why you are hung up on that aspect.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Liam Neeson brought up his idiotic thoughts to say "and I learned to never do this again" and Cardi B. said, "eh whatever." That's the issue. Most people are typically "I did this thing in the past but learned" as opposed to basically bragging about it.

Also, again, it's weird that someone thinks that drugged mugging is somehow not as bad as, say, feeling someone up. They're the same thing - you're drugging someone and taking advantage of them without their consent. It may a bit different for me being on "black social media," with the constant praising of her for doing this, but the response to this whole thing has been absolutely disgusting.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Some men also don’t really understand the threat of rape or experience that threat the way women do and so getting beaten up is like the closest thing they can really comprehend in terms of being taken advantage of and physically abused. It’s a false equivalency but it’s also just not something men have to think about the same way women do.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
This Smullet case is pretty loving wild. I got no idea what to think anymore even though I do feel the account of the attack is... Questionable (you don't drop your sandwich the whole time you're being attacked). The documents are pretty heavily redacted and there's no real smoking gun in there as such, but there's one or two statements that don't look good for him.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

DrVenkman posted:

This Smullet case is pretty loving wild. I got no idea what to think anymore even though I do feel the account of the attack is... Questionable (you don't drop your sandwich the whole time you're being attacked). The documents are pretty heavily redacted and there's no real smoking gun in there as such, but there's one or two statements that don't look good for him.

on the one hand he hasn't been proven innocent so there's still a possibility that he did it (which we are never going to actually know)

but on the other hand the only people who are really angry about this are all the worst people (CPD, Rahm Emmanuel, Donald Trump, conservatives generally) so i say leave Jussie alone and let the man go back to Empire

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the chicago pd getting mad is hilarious considering they hosed up their own case by constantly leaking false information to the media.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Simplest answer is probably just that the cops did something illegal in the way they got the brothers to confess(I'm still not convinced they actually did it but lets just assume they did). Almost the entire case against Smollett was based on their story so if that wasn't going to be admissible in court the prosecutor wouldn't have wanted to go any further with it. The fact that they were paid a few thousand by Smollett around that time doesn't mean much on its own, Smollett has a pretty reasonable explanation for that.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Basebf555 posted:

Simplest answer is probably just that the cops did something illegal in the way they got the brothers to confess(I'm still not convinced they actually did it but lets just assume they did). Almost the entire case against Smollett was based on their story so if that wasn't going to be admissible in court the prosecutor wouldn't have wanted to go any further with it. The fact that they were paid a few thousand by Smollett around that time doesn't mean much on its own, Smollett has a pretty reasonable explanation for that.

Yeah in the leaked stuff you can see that he's written "fitness" on the cheque and the messages between them were pretty much all about that. But the flipside to that is if he needed a trainer why pay a guy who only had you as a client. Everything can easily be twisted to plant that seed of guilt.

I still think the account of the attack itself (and his staggering lack of injury given the supposed nature of it) is a bit circumspect, as was his apparant early willingness to insist they were white men until the police revealed they caught the brothers. Not to mention the fact that he tried to pretend to be his own brother so he'd get out of a dui one time which isn't the sociopathic behaviour some think it is, but more speaks to his own willingness to lie.

The other stuff people parrot (he was being written out of his show, he wanted more money, he sent threats to himself) are all pretty conclusively bullshit though.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Groovelord Neato posted:

the chicago pd getting mad is hilarious considering they hosed up their own case by constantly leaking false information to the media.

The little bits we are getting about them actively tampering with their own investigation is classic CPD, it would be funnier if it wasn't getting people killed.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

DC Murderverse posted:

on the one hand he hasn't been proven innocent so there's still a possibility that he did it (which we are never going to actually know)

but on the other hand the only people who are really angry about this are all the worst people (CPD, Rahm Emmanuel, Donald Trump, conservatives generally) so i say leave Jussie alone and let the man go back to Empire

Being "proven innocent" is not a thing.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Krankenstyle posted:

Being "proven innocent" is not a thing.

It is on the internet. Do you think that's air you're breathing?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DC Murderverse posted:

I'm gonna be shocked if he isnt fired. The show's ratings tanked for the last 3 episodes of the season.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

I'm gonna be shocked if he isnt fired. The show's ratings tanked for the last 3 episodes of the season.

You mean the ratings tanked for the episodes he was hastily written out of after a notoriously corrupt police force accused him of a crime that the DA's office now says they can't prove he did?

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Let me get this right.

The 2 brothers are not real MAGA men. Jussie did not pay or instruct them to assault him either. So...real MAGA men inside the CPD coerced them to do it in order to frame Jussie and discredit anti MAGAs?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Shaocaholica posted:

Let me get this right.

The 2 brothers are not real MAGA men. Jussie did not pay or instruct them to assault him either. So...real MAGA men inside the CPD coerced them to do it in order to frame Jussie and discredit anti MAGAs?

It may be that the brothers actually did do the assault and they just tried to cover their tracks by disguising themselves as chuds. Maybe they had some sort of a grudge against him.

As it usually goes with these things, the corruption of the CPD makes it likely that we'll never know for sure what really happened.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

You mean the ratings tanked for the episodes he was hastily written out of after a notoriously corrupt police force accused him of a crime that the DA's office now says they can't prove he did?

Innocent or not, he's tainted by the entire thing.

Basebf555 posted:

It may be that the brothers actually did do the assault and they just tried to cover their tracks by disguising themselves as chuds. Maybe they had some sort of a grudge against him.

As it usually goes with these things, the corruption of the CPD makes it likely that we'll never know for sure what really happened.

There's now people claiming the brothers wore white masks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Rhyno posted:

There's now people claiming the brothers wore white masks.

Wait the Waynes brothers did it?