Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im getting sick of this train of thought

##push button for jimmydaled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'll let lurkers get sorted out by the rules.

##vote DB

I don't like the cut of your jib

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anyway, im gonna start trying to sleep, i set my alarm for an hour before deadline, but for now i'm placig my vote for 1st choice

##vote bif

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
The case on jimmy was related to posting and statements about button pushing and not, regardless of will, whether or not jimmy pushed the button. Forcing jimmydalad to do it doesn't resolve that issue at all, what?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I'll let lurkers get sorted out by the rules.

##vote DB

I don't like the cut of your jib

What in particular makes you choose this vote?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Nep-Nep posted:

What in particular makes you choose this vote?

Mostly gut feelings over there reaction to dancer. I can see wariness from JD given their having lurked and then saw inf die.

Still, I thought db acted as if they were trying to avoid it for reasons unknown

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
So I slept on it and after reading Toal's new content, I came to the following conclusion.

The conclusion being that I refuse to believe toal is this goddamn dense.

Toalpaz posted:

Scum will aggressively pursue lazy town lunches to ensure that the lunch choice doesn't swing around onto one of their members day 1. Look at how easily Jimmy gained 4 votes when the first one was placed. There's no reason for Yami to exclusively look at Jimmy or case Jimmy, the extent of their case is that Jimmy is lurking. All in all it seems like it's an attempt to force a low info lunch on someone who doesn't look like they'll fight back.

As stated previously, this is an INCREDIBLY bad attack on my case. Not only does Toal accuse me of pushing a lurker, which I wasn't (Jimmy had less than 10 posts but it was still far from deadline), it also claims it's a low info lunch - which it ALSO is not.

My case was centered around Jimmy's cageyness, which should have been clear to anyone who actually read the drat thing. Like, say, Bif, who did and explains it to toal.

To which Toal's response is:

Toalpaz posted:

It isn't decent to case someone over whether or not they push button. Button doesn't seem to have any impact on alignment.

We have a player in the game (onset) who can literally make Jimmy push button, and case should evaporate. It's an empty case, not designed to catch scum.

Once again misrepresenting my case. It wasn't about pushing or not pushing the button, it was about the cageyness involved that is often a scumtell. Calling the case empty is bogus.

Instead of re-reading me or admitting that my case isn't nearly as scummy as he claims it is despite being told this from multiple people, Toal doubles down on it:

Toalpaz posted:

Sal please vig Yami or onset it would make me feel very happy.

Toalpaz posted:

Killing Yami is the only way we hit scum, that case is fake.

You cannot possibly be this certain that the first person writing a case at all day 1 is scum to demand their vigging. Especially after being told you were wrong multiple times. I am willing to believe that Sal misread the vote target, at least for now. Note how they aren't even trying to properly attack my case anymore - it's just "empty this, fake that" without actually engaging with the content of my case, which was Jimmy's cageyness at all.

All in all this reads to me as a BAD, BAD attack on a case in an attempt to protect a scumbuddy. However, I am willing to entertain the idea of Jimmy being scummed.

Toal's factually wrong attack on my case, complete with the unwillingness to back down from it, looks pretty bad to me regardless or not of Jimmy's alignment, however.

Come to think of it, they also were almost violently opposed to the suggestion of being daycopped earlier.

Toalpaz posted:

So db, yami, and onset? Ok.

In response to me suggesting we daycop Toal, mostly because they keep getting mislunched lately. Given that it happened AGAIN the previous game, I would think that toal wouldn't be as opposed to the idea, but maybe that's just my personal way of thinking. Why are you so opposed to the idea of being daycopped, Toal?

Do you have something to hide, Toal? I know I don't, I have nothing to hide.

As such:

##vote Toalpaz

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Other than that, Dancer flaunting his daycop and then waiting on it seems a bit odd to me. Given that the thing is already public, and most likely nothing can be done to stop a daycop, I personally wouldn't risk dying without seeing it used.

I personally am not getting pinged by Dancer that much because I've seen him do weird stuff before, but it's something I want to point out.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Anyway, off to work for me. As mentioned previously, deadline is during work (roughly 3-4 pm my time, I believe) so I won't be around. I should hopefully be able to check in during lunch break, but internet is spotty on my phone while at work, so no promises.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I'm okay with the Toal vote, your defense of their case on you sounds well-reasoned to me and that statement you pointed out makes me wondering how Toal can feel any certainty about your alignment enough to make those kinds of statements.

##vote Toalpaz

Would also accept Dancer coming along to daycop.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Nep-Nep posted:

The case on jimmy was related to posting and statements about button pushing and not, regardless of will, whether or not jimmy pushed the button. Forcing jimmydalad to do it doesn't resolve that issue at all, what?

yeah the whole thing is silly, much like whatshisface voting for me, but I will try and be nice to the newbie for now

I think the push on Yami is the scummiest thing going today, so I would most like to lunch Toal or Sal. Toal is pushing it way harder and I agree with that last Yami post where Toal seems to be willfully missing the points Yami's actually made, so Toal is looking like the scummier of the two again. But I'll leave my vote on Sal for now so he's not forgotten - getting right in on Toal's dodgy case while also shoving all the responsibility off on Toal (oh I'll trust Toal's judgement!) kinda smells fishy to me.

And Sal backing off it so soon might be cause he confused Jimmy and Jimson... or it could be a handy excuse to bail once he saw I was gonna make a big stink about it. I do distinctly remember Sal calling me "terrifying" in an obschat once :sun:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Bifauxnen posted:

And Sal backing off it so soon might be cause he confused Jimmy and Jimson... or it could be a handy excuse to bail once he saw I was gonna make a big stink about it. I do distinctly remember Sal calling me "terrifying" in an obschat once :sun:

You are terrifying. But in this case I did confuse my Jimmys (a problem I don't normally have). If I was scum I would be a lot more blaise about my vig because I could vig a townie and be like "Oops my bad." I'm objectively trying to use it to maximize impact for town :-/

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Sal is your vig for use during day or night?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Anytime which is why I plan on using it today because I'm assuming scum will not allow me to use it at night.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Alright. I'm gonna leave my vote where it is. Heading to bed.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ah poo poo I keep forgetting Sal actually got a vig for real and isn't just continuing his pregame joke

maybe if a certain someone used their daycop already, it could help direct Sal's vig? Like if you find a scum, then even if Sal is scum, he better shoot that scum or he's gonna get it

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I'm not wrong about your case, the only people behind it hyping it up seem to be biff, nep nep, and onset originally. It wasn't very good or convincing apparently because you and others aren't voting on it lol.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I don't understand how you could be so sure that Jimmy is a worthy vote, and then come around to conclude that because you think I'm defending a scum buddy it's worth voting me instead. Now you're assuming the alignment of Jimmy, to make a case on me for your vote. Which makes your vote more precarious, and less well reasoned.

There's nothing scummy about willingness to push a button or not and nothing will convince me otherwise. It seems like a low effort case on town unwilling to fight back and lo and behold Jimmy came back only to double down and dig in.

I'd be willing to do Jimmy now because Jimmy so far has been reluctant to participate in the game and refuses to post any reads, which is a real reason to vote someone for being scum, but I'm not going to act like your case didn't immediately convince me that you're scum.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Okay I didn't do a point by point re-read of your case and assumed town could read through your case and come to the conclusion you were faking content themselves.

Yami Fenrir posted:

First you're saying it's suspicious, now you're just scared.

Who would be scared of pushing the button while also trying to shade people pushing the button?

Scum, that's who.

##vote jimmydalad

Jimmy doesn't sound scared in the post. That's not a good point.

Why would scum be scared of pushing button, as far as we know it gives them powers. If scum team is any good, they can cross reference their powers to know every power role town has. Thus controlling how powers are used in thread and knowning who to kill at night. This game seems skewed in scum's favour given that scum know the people with PR's and also can convince town to vig themselves.

There's no argument in this post for why it's scummy to hedge about pushing the button or not. You're inviting the reader to make up their own reasons that 'make sense'. You don't have a real argument that Jimmy is scum here.

Yami Fenrir posted:

My vote on jimmy isn't a joke vote, fyi. It's not the best case, but given D1, I'm willing to go with this.

What's pinging my about jimmy is the following posts:

Empty shadethrowing, also the way it flows into his next posts when I make a joke about it don't sit right with me.

I feel like this is overly defensive about not pushing the button, especially after 'wondering what's more suspicious'. Given the fact that scum is naturally more hesitant to push the button, as they don't want to risk losing one of their own, this is suspicious to me.

This post doesn't help either. Neither do the rest of jimmy's posts - they're either defending themselves or chaff. Could be scum trying to lay low.

Either way, my vote is staying where it is.

Calling that jimmy post 'throw shading' is a stretch.

Scum shouldn't be naturally more hesitant to press a button. It hands out PR's. There's nothing 'shady' about not pushing a button. It's not optimal for town, but certainly isn't good for scum considering they could literally roll vig and vig a town PR.

Jimmy defending his weird choice to not press button is expected, if people keep asking about why he's acting weirdly. Jimmy does not seem to be laying low.

There, I've gone over your case and it's poo poo. Hope this helps you develop as a player and a mod.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##vote DB

Its plurality lunch so if nep nep or yami unvote they could lunch up to 7 town players or something.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

watch how onset, yami, and nep nep have positioned themselves leaving extra frivolous votes around deadline on other people.

Yami and nep nep unvoted leaving dacer vote on jimmy near deadline, and voted someone to put them at 2 where they would only have to unvote.

Look how onset voted bif without casing her to push her to 1 near deadline.

Be mindful of AA's shade throw at DB near deadline.

Don't forget scum are trying to set up a multi lunch town.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Anyways if there's anything I learned about playing town it's what daddy picard told me:

'It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose, that is not weakness that is life town.' (picard, stardate xxxx)

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
toal, youre seeming much more rational to me the more you post long well reasoned cases. i still dont think yami is scum for thinking what they're thinking, the same as i dont think you're scum for thinking yami and i (and nep? and aa?) are scum. at first u seemed like u jumped to a lot of conclusions that i completely didnt see the connection between, but your point by point posts have made me understand your thought process better. i mean, i still dont think it was reasonable to case me + db + yami super early over one post each, but i do think your late-day arguments are pretty valid. yami's detailed post against you is really convincing too but i think it's more a case of being "not entirely correct" than being scum. i still think its most likely that neither of you two are scum. if you're that terrified of a like 7-man plurality lynch then i'll change my vote to db even tho i have literally no reason to suspect him..... but i'd obviously rather not

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also i said why im voting bif in an earlier post

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

Okay I didn't do a point by point re-read of your case and assumed town could read through your case and come to the conclusion you were faking content themselves.

Jimmy doesn't sound scared in the post. That's not a good point.

Why would scum be scared of pushing button, as far as we know it gives them powers. If scum team is any good, they can cross reference their powers to know every power role town has. Thus controlling how powers are used in thread and knowning who to kill at night. This game seems skewed in scum's favour given that scum know the people with PR's and also can convince town to vig themselves.

There's no argument in this post for why it's scummy to hedge about pushing the button or not. You're inviting the reader to make up their own reasons that 'make sense'. You don't have a real argument that Jimmy is scum here.

Calling that jimmy post 'throw shading' is a stretch.

Scum shouldn't be naturally more hesitant to press a button. It hands out PR's. There's nothing 'shady' about not pushing a button. It's not optimal for town, but certainly isn't good for scum considering they could literally roll vig and vig a town PR.

Jimmy defending his weird choice to not press button is expected, if people keep asking about why he's acting weirdly. Jimmy does not seem to be laying low.

There, I've gone over your case and it's poo poo. Hope this helps you develop as a player and a mod.

Why would scum be scared of pushing the button?

Oh idk maybe because it can kill them? And that hurts them far more than town losing a townie?

I am on phone so i cant doublecheck your exact words in the post. The one thing i will give you is that calling it shade throwing may be a bit much. However it segways incredibly awkwardly to response to my poke and makes the response seem self conscious.

As most of the things you wrote in response, your accusation of setting up a chain lynch is bogus. I specifically said that i am willing to entertain the idea of jimmy being town, especially since i already said the jimmy case was fairly weak myself.

As i already said, your push on me is pretty drat suspicious especially considering how you keep trying to pretend its doing things its not. The jimmy case is not a lurker lynch. Its not about the button. It's about jimmys behavior. It is a weak case but its most certainly not fake or poo poo or whatever you claim ot to be.

Speaking about behavior, unlike me, you seem dead set on me being scum and will not accept any other alternative, discussion and facts be damned. That is not town behavior.

Lastly, the last line is really close to a personal attack, and pretty much uncalled for. I recommend you chill out a little bit.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yami Fenrir posted:

As most of the things you wrote in response, your accusation of setting up a chain lynch is bogus. I specifically said that i am willing to entertain the idea of jimmy being town, especially since i already said the jimmy case was fairly weak myself.

I never said that, care to explain where that is? It would be bad if you were too insane to play properly and just started making poo poo up.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

watch how onset, yami, and nep nep have positioned themselves leaving extra frivolous votes around deadline on other people.

Yami and nep nep unvoted leaving dacer vote on jimmy near deadline, and voted someone to put them at 2 where they would only have to unvote.

Look how onset voted bif without casing her to push her to 1 near deadline.

Be mindful of AA's shade throw at DB near deadline.

Don't forget scum are trying to set up a multi lunch town.

Here. Anyway back to work for me.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yami's right, you kind of just said that toal

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yami Fenrir posted:

Here. Anyway back to work for me.

Its plurality lynch. Everyone dies on a tie. Not a chain lynch.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

onsetOutsider posted:

yami's right, you kind of just said that toal

A chain lynch is saying 'if we kill x today and they're town, we should kill y tomorrow'.

What I referred to as a multi-lynch, the plurality lynch, is a whole other thing. Yami should know this.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Toalpaz posted:

A chain lynch is saying 'if we kill x today and they're town, we should kill y tomorrow'.

What I referred to as a multi-lynch, the plurality lynch, is a whole other thing. Yami should know this.

oh i was reading them as synonyms

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yami probably just misspoke, i mean mistyped

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Toalpaz posted:

I don't understand how you could be so sure that Jimmy is a worthy vote, and then come around to conclude that because you think I'm defending a scum buddy it's worth voting me instead. Now you're assuming the alignment of Jimmy, to make a case on me for your vote. Which makes your vote more precarious, and less well reasoned.

Here you go putting words in people's mouth and you wonder why you look scummy. Defending a scumbro is just one possibility, pocketing a townie is another. Maybe Jimmy is town and you as scum know he's town, so that's why you know the case is bad. Lets you look all nice and involved casing someone new instead of just lazy-voting Jimmy.

I really don't like how you're pushing the idea that you can only be cased if Jimmy is a scumbro you're defending. You're not scummy for defending Jimmy, Jimmy's alignment doesn't even matter when you already look plenty scummy enough for how you made your case against Yami.

##vote Toal

prolly not moving my vote anymore

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

onsetOutsider posted:

toal, youre seeming much more rational to me the more you post long well reasoned cases.

lol what is it with people always coming in to defend Toal just when I'm in the middle of writing up jow much I think they're hitting peak scum

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
@bif im too lazy to quote it properly cuz im pone posting, but yami DID say this

"All in all this reads to me as a BAD, BAD attack on a case in an attempt to protect a scumbuddy."

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Here you go putting words in people's mouth and you wonder why you look scummy. Defending a scumbro is just one possibility, pocketing a townie is another. Maybe Jimmy is town and you as scum know he's town, so that's why you know the case is bad. Lets you look all nice and involved casing someone new instead of just lazy-voting Jimmy.

I really don't like how you're pushing the idea that you can only be cased if Jimmy is a scumbro you're defending. You're not scummy for defending Jimmy, Jimmy's alignment doesn't even matter when you already look plenty scummy enough for how you made your case against Yami.

##vote Toal

prolly not moving my vote anymore

Yami Fenrir posted:

All in all this reads to me as a BAD, BAD attack on a case in an attempt to protect a scumbuddy. However, I am willing to entertain the idea of Jimmy being scummed.

Here's the literal wording in Yami's case.

Hope it helps bif!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

onsetOutsider posted:

@bif im too lazy to quote it properly cuz im pone posting, but yami DID say this

"All in all this reads to me as a BAD, BAD attack on a case in an attempt to protect a scumbuddy."

yeah, I did see that cause I went to go look again but I still really don't like how Toal is framing everything up like the case is only worthwhile if Yami's right about Toal AND Jimmy. I'm feeling more like Jimmy is town, he was just the first thing to get anything close to a serious case, so Toal decided to ride on in and use that to attack Yami.

It always drives me up the wall when people get all up in arms about the literal first cases of D1 being bad, like that earns them any cred at all

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

yeah, I did see that cause I went to go look again but I still really don't like how Toal is framing everything up like the case is only worthwhile if Yami's right about Toal AND Jimmy. I'm feeling more like Jimmy is town, he was just the first thing to get anything close to a serious case, so Toal decided to ride on in and use that to attack Yami.

It always drives me up the wall when people get all up in arms about the literal first cases of D1 being bad, like that earns them any cred at all

Nice sidestep with reasons that weren't apart of the original post and digging in bif!

Because scum might be giving up the possibility of a plurality lunch, I think that scumteam is probably... Bif, Yami, and DB.

I think Bif interjected to purposefully shift the conversation off of Yami ignoring the definitions of pretty basic mafia terms to try and poke holes in my case.

If Onset is scum he's at least playing with me and I appreciate it but right now it sort of comes across as townie.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Toalpaz posted:

I think Bif interjected to purposefully shift the conversation off of Yami ignoring the definitions of pretty basic mafia terms to try and poke holes in my case.

you think a lotta things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

you think a lotta things

I had you FOS'd before in Suffusion, I'm pretty sure you're more helpful and less dramatic as town.