Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

Master Arturia? The Undefeated of the West?

God bless Capsule Servant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Stairmaster posted:

I thought summer tamammo was a different tail than the others

She's described as closer to Tamamo Shark, one of the Tamamo Nine, but she's still vanilla Tamamo no Mae except summer.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Tamamo Shark isn't one of the Nine, its just a silly nickname OG Tamamo is using at the beach.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

More BB faces, no more Sakuras. BB faces have personalities.

Just from her battle quotes I can tell that Kama has more in common with BB than Sakura. Which granted, is a bit like saying "Moon Knight has more in common with Batman than Midnighter" but still

She's like if the BB gang formed a gestalt in order to get even with Heavens Hole Kiara

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Random nameless idiot in the 3* gacha CE: you're a loving moron. That is all.

E: is there an upcoming "double exp chance up" anytime soon? I'm drowning in experience CEs

Omobono fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Mar 28, 2019

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Well, I rolled for CEs and instead I got NP2 Hijikata, not gonna complain since I didn't have a 5* buster Berserker until now.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Lord Koth posted:

No. The summer servants in are just their most common self with a slightly altered Spirit Origin due to shenanigans (there's probably an exception or two since this IS Fate, but Tamamo's not one of them). Summer 1 was Scathach just screwing around with runic magic. Hell, quite a few are in classes they should be unable to ever be summoned in.

quote:

Having been summoned as a Lancer this time around, she possesses a naginata.
Her own testimony is: "Of course, as a maiden, I have a general understanding about martial arts. However, with the slender arms of a frail and helpless woman such as myself, it would not come to the point of being useful. Alas, how regretful." Still, while her competency with the naginata is indeed second-rate just as she herself stated, given her overflowing killing-intent and lack of mercy, there are rumors of how she would actually be peerless in the battlefield.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
"(...) during the Sengoku* era.
*TL's note: Warring States."

"(...) for the bakufu!*
*TL's note: The shogunate."

:geno:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
just as keikaku*

*TL note: keikaku means VIVE LA FRANCE, MY HOMIES!

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I am disappointed that the meme-spurting fop Blackbeard didn't actually do anything. Boo!

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Chachas animations are very powerful. :3:

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

But at what cost

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
let it be known i am the first:

support the

SHNOBUNATE

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

I don't like any of the BBs. :shrug:

Not liking Kingprotea is illegal I'm pretty sure.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Welp, Shinsengumi offer gallstones if you fight for them, sorry Nobbus. :v:

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Okita, I'm so sorry. I love ya gal... but punching you and your friends will net me Knight Medals, and lord almighty do I ever need those.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm just farming what is easiest aka the all-saber nodes i can destroy with an archer who has doubled damage

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009
Hmm, looks like I have to get max score for both sides if I also want all the lores. Still going to side with Nobu for those ascension mats.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

dogsicle posted:

i'm just farming what is easiest aka the all-saber nodes i can destroy with an archer who has doubled damage
:same:

I don't have all that many juiced-up units yet, so I gotta cram what gives me a bonus in the back line and pray that whatever in the front line can last.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Blight Runner posted:

Hmm, looks like I have to get max score for both sides if I also want all the lores. Still going to side with Nobu for those ascension mats.

You also need them both for chacha. They're also both only 2M combined and the point booster does double duty.

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013
You should try to keep the point scores roughly in balance during the event when you farm, because the last and best point farming mission gives out both points equally.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Yes,that's Kiyohime, and yes I was aware of her, but there is absolutely no reading of any legend about her that even implies as much. Hell, they actually suggest the exact opposite for a number of reasons. What it's referencing is the owning and usage of a naginata becoming considered a women's weapon (more accurately that of a samurai's daughter, which Kiyohime is not), but that happened literally hundreds of years after the Kiyohime/Anchin tale.

So it's either normal Kiyohime messing around, or a joke by TM, take your pick.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
300 quartz and the Hijikata dream is dead for now

oh well

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

Sophism posted:

"(...) for the bakufu!*

The best bit is the next line just saying shogunate.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Lord Koth posted:

Yes,that's Kiyohime, and yes I was aware of her, but there is absolutely no reading of any legend about her that even implies as much. Hell, they actually suggest the exact opposite for a number of reasons. What it's referencing is the owning and usage of a naginata becoming considered a women's weapon (more accurately that of a samurai's daughter, which Kiyohime is not), but that happened literally hundreds of years after the Kiyohime/Anchin tale.

So it's either normal Kiyohime messing around, or a joke by TM, take your pick.

Nono, I was posting that in support of your point. It's basically saying "uhhhh I don't really use this thing but I mean I guess I know how, I could give it a shot".

E: it reads like the equivalent of summoning someone to the Mathematician class and them saying "sure, I passed math in high school"

Taciturn Tactician fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Mar 28, 2019

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Sophism posted:

"(...) for the bakufu!*

To be fair on the first one, if you just search for "warring states period" you're going to find the Chinese one. First calling it the Sengoku period or era and then defining it to mean warring states period seems to be relatively normal given that it occurs in at least a few general sources like Encyclopedia Britannica. I suspect it has largely to do with collision in English name with the Chinese Warring States Period.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Taciturn Tactician posted:

E: it reads like the equivalent of summoning someone to the Mathematician class and them saying "sure, I passed math in high school"

You mean like summoning someone in the Archer class?

Dee Ehm
Apr 10, 2014

kirtar posted:

To be fair on the first one, if you just search for "warring states period" you're going to find the Chinese one. First calling it the Sengoku period or era and then defining it to mean warring states period seems to be relatively normal given that it occurs in at least a few general sources like Encyclopedia Britannica. I suspect it has largely to do with collision in English name with the Chinese Warring States Period.

No I'm pretty sure the translators are just meming. (TN: meming means joking)

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Dee Ehm posted:

No I'm pretty sure the translators are just meming. (TN: meming means joking)

I'm aware of the fact that they're doing stuff according to keikaku. It's just that one of them appears to be the general norm due to some wonderful overlaps in nomenclature.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Sophism posted:

"(...) for the bakufu!*

It's a joke son.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

kirtar posted:

"(...) during the Warring States period, known as the Sengoku era."

Dr Pepper posted:

It's a joke son.

Hard to say for sure with translators that still don't bother running a spellchecker through their manuscript.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I'm happy to know that Chaldea has movie nights (with kettle corn) and 'Laugh and you get stella'd' comedy challenges.

It's almost like you crammed a bunch of eccentric weirdos into one small confined area.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Got Hijikata in 3 multis. I know he's not particularly good but I just really love his design and animations.

I also lightly blame Golden Kamuy.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm saving for Holes so I'll have to skip the Sword of Magus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX0QV8GnVV8

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
So what was that 'weird chef' that Nobunaga rambles about?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Crasical posted:

So what was that 'weird chef' that Nobunaga rambles about?

I assume it's referencing the time traveling sengoku cooking manga nobunaga no chef

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Oh Snapple! posted:

Got Hijikata in 3 multis. I know he's not particularly good but I just really love his design and animations.

He doesn't have survivability of Cu Alter, but taking advantage of how much damage he can do with low HP is how you'll get the most out of him.

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.
On NA I threw 60 quartz and 11 tickets. Got 2 5-star event CE's 1 4 star event CE and NP5 Edison among other things.
Time to save up for CCC. Though that's probably coming at the end of April.

Meanwhile I threw 150 quartz and 5 tickets and got Kama, so I am extremely pleased after I failed to get KP last time.
Now I have 5 Sakura's!
My very own Sakura-Five. (Excluding KP and Lip.)

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

gwrtheyrn posted:

I assume it's referencing the time traveling sengoku cooking manga nobunaga no chef

I really hope it’s that, but I also hope nobunaga picking up a time traveling chef was a historical fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Oh Snapple! posted:

The candle that burns for 1 or 2 turns burns brightest :v: