Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
The Gensou Taisen games might be hard to find nowadays. I’d suggest the used doujin games shops like Suruga-ya and Mandarake. Akiba-Hobby should also have the PC-98 OSTs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

leather fedora posted:

The Gensou Taisen games might be hard to find nowadays. I’d suggest the used doujin games shops like Suruga-ya and Mandarake. Akiba-Hobby should also have the PC-98 OSTs.

Yeah, this was at a Mandarake. I've still got others to go to so I'm hopeful!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/korindo/status/1107446392769798144

Happy 42n'd birthday to the head honcho himself

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

Hey friends. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1031480/___Fantastic_Danmaku_Festival_Part_II/

Fantastic Danmaku Festival part 2 is out on stream now. English version isn't for another week or two, but for now you can still shoot through the game no problems. It's absolutely fantastic, basically PCB++, and well worth the buy for the asking price.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Well, I closed auditions and chose my cast.

I'd link like 6 different tweets about it, but here's a tumblr post about it. I got a really, really good cast by the end of this - I counted, I had exactly 80 people audition, and received over 220 total takes. Waaay bigger, and way better of a response than I expected.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Well, I closed auditions and chose my cast.

I'd link like 6 different tweets about it, but here's a tumblr post about it. I got a really, really good cast by the end of this - I counted, I had exactly 80 people audition, and received over 220 total takes. Waaay bigger, and way better of a response than I expected.

Pretty good spread of voices, I'm looking forward to this! Your selections for Miko and Kanako in particular really stick out as perfect.
Have fun directing them

e: Also thank you for paying your voice actors

rannum fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Mar 22, 2019

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

nyttyn posted:

Hey friends. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1031480/___Fantastic_Danmaku_Festival_Part_II/

Fantastic Danmaku Festival part 2 is out on stream now. English version isn't for another week or two, but for now you can still shoot through the game no problems. It's absolutely fantastic, basically PCB++, and well worth the buy for the asking price.

I've heard 2 people say this game is really good, but I heard a few people say FDF1 had some serious issues with its design (I still liked it). Is FDF2 actually a huge improvement in terms of pattern design or are these just different people?

I mean I bought it and I'll play it and at least 1cc on normal cause I'm at the point in my life where I'm doing that with all the high profile Touhou shmup releases but just wondering. I unfortunately haven't gotten around to it because I've been tied up with other poo poo this week.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

Ultima66 posted:

I've heard 2 people say this game is really good, but I heard a few people say FDF1 had some serious issues with its design (I still liked it). Is FDF2 actually a huge improvement in terms of pattern design or are these just different people?

I mean I bought it and I'll play it and at least 1cc on normal cause I'm at the point in my life where I'm doing that with all the high profile Touhou shmup releases but just wondering. I unfortunately haven't gotten around to it because I've been tied up with other poo poo this week.

uuhhh i've gone through both and 2 just seems like the team from 1 just improved, really? But it's hard to tell. (Give hollow song of birds a try if you haven't if you like the shumps as a side note for what i've played recently, it's high quality and free)

FDF2 has some really, REALLY good patterns though. About the only boss I'm kind of meh on is stage 5 and she's still good, just a bit same-y. Stage 6 is probably one of the best, if not the best stage I've played in a danmaku shump so there's that.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

nyttyn posted:

uuhhh i've gone through both and 2 just seems like the team from 1 just improved, really? But it's hard to tell. (Give hollow song of birds a try if you haven't if you like the shumps as a side note for what i've played recently, it's high quality and free)

FDF2 has some really, REALLY good patterns though. About the only boss I'm kind of meh on is stage 5 and she's still good, just a bit same-y. Stage 6 is probably one of the best, if not the best stage I've played in a danmaku shump so there's that.

I posted my HSoB Hard 1cc in here lol. Was actually pretty easy and I've only Hard 1cced like IN from the main series.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Curiosites of Lotus Asia 34

Dealing with the fallout of the last chapter, I guess.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

https://twitter.com/anterdel/status/1109621484308197376?s=21

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

"die properly"
More details about Touhou Cannonball (the upcoming mobile game) were released today, including more of the VA cast.

Remilia: Yukari Tamura
Youmu: Azumi Waki
Yuyuko: Ai Kayano
Yukari: Yukana
Wriggle: Hitomi Sasaki
Reisen: Azusa Tadokoro
Kagerou: Shu Uchida
Aunn: Tomori Kusunoki

This is in addition to Reimu as Akari Kitoh and Marisa as Minami Iinuma announced before. Since they said they'd try to have every character in the game, I guess everyone will have a VA (of matching fame).

↓ They have to reveal Unzan first.

leather fedora fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Mar 24, 2019

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I'm not seeing Norio Wakamoto in this list, the gently caress is this?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

have satomi arai as nazrin please

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

it's cool to see more VAs doing touhou characters

like my favorite part of touhouvania 2 was having rina satou voice reimu and i just wanted to curl up and shrivel, she's so good

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

nyttyn posted:

Yuyuko is a lot better than Remilia in FDF1, I like it.

Ran sucks, I especially hate the massive loving survival card at the end where it's not even immediately clear what the different colors of tiles mean.

The game is way closer to a remake of PCB than FDF1 was a remake of EoSD, which is funny because I got scolded by someone for calling it a PCB remake before playing it. Oh also it's a lot harder than HSoB on lower difficulties at least, continued several times on my first try and haven't tried again but watched some lunatic runs. Supposedly it's not that bad on lunatic compared to other games, where HSoB takes a sudden difficulty spike on lunatic?

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

"die properly"
https://twitter.com/ayn398/status/1111241553383546880
"There are too many Touhou characters, I can't remember them all."
"There are too many games in the series, it's so confusing."

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

leather fedora posted:

https://twitter.com/ayn398/status/1111241553383546880
"There are too many Touhou characters, I can't remember them all."
"There are too many games in the series, it's so confusing."

are the two characters on the right hand side supposed to be people from other franchises?

I think the one on the left is supposed to be saber from fate stay night (which, now that I think about it, makes her appearance quite relevant) but I don’t recognize the person to her right.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The schoolgirl is Rin from idolmaster, a series with a couple hundred characters, and the blonde is Saber from fate, a series with a huge patchwork of alternate universes and split timelines

Tis a joke

El Burbo fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Mar 28, 2019

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
we're talking a pot calling a kettle so black it's gonna be licensed for exclusive use in art by a single artist as a publicity stunt

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

El Burbo posted:

The schoolgirl is Rin from idolmaster, a series with a couple hundred characters, and the blonde is Saber from fate, a series with a huge patchwork of alternate universes and split timelines

Tis a joke

it figures that it would be a character from idolmaster or love live or something of that nature

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Love live only has a handful of characters! Very simple!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

El Burbo posted:

Love live only has a handful of characters! Very simple!

A handful, you say.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Bah, loadsa nobodies

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

El Burbo posted:

Bah, loadsa nobodies

But enough about Touhou!

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Takoluka posted:

El Burbo posted:

Bah, loadsa nobodies
But enough about Touhou!
Yeah sure, Touhou has hundreds of characters that aren't Mima

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Touhou has nine characters. Players 1 and 2, and stage bosses 1-6 and EX.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Touhou has two characters: Marisa and Marisa’s wives.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I feel bad that I never play as Marisa in the games

she's too fast

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Schwarzwald posted:

Touhou has nine characters. Players 1 and 2, and stage bosses 1-6 and EX.

What about the midboss?

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Clarste posted:

What about the midboss?

Zun stopped bothering with those.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Clarste posted:

What about the midboss?

They're props.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Has the TH13 midboss ever like...said. Anything? Beyond the one or two lines when she's summoned for an attack by Miko?
Or done anything outside of her profile?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

rannum posted:

Has the TH13 midboss ever like...said. Anything? Beyond the one or two lines when she's summoned for an attack by Miko?
Or done anything outside of her profile?

She gets a full article in SoPM, which is more than Momiji ever got.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tojiko is cool imo

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Tojikowns.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Clarste posted:

She gets a full article in SoPM, which is more than Momiji ever got.
Oh go figure. I remember reading the main transcripts of the actual symposium but of the articles, I only remembered the other hermit's article, the bucket midboss & I think something of Yukari. There's a lot more of these than I thought there were.

Turns out Momiji got one too,! https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Symposium_of_Post-mysticism/Bunbunmaru_Newspaper_11
And I liked how Double Spoiler had her just loving hate Aya

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Is SoPM the work where Zun revealed that Natori is a maniac normal kappa who drowns people? I remember people being weirded out by that one.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Captain Cappy posted:

Is SoPM the work where Zun revealed that Natori is a maniac normal kappa who drowns people? I remember people being weirded out by that one.

Seems like it just uses her as a spring board to talk about the dangers of kappas and how to handle them like this bit

quote:

Kappa don't usually make contact with others of their own accord, but it is dangerous to go near their hideout. They will drown you with this ability of water manipulation.

But the part about her specifically is just she's kind of timid and haughty when she cant run away

quote:

Perhaps because of her timidness, she tends to run away when approached by humans or youkai if she is alone. She acts bright and cheerful while in her circle of friends, but when she alone is unable to flee, she adopts a haughty attitude. Deep in her heart she believes she is superior to humans and other youkai, and it is obvious that she is doing her best to keep the idea, standing against the fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Symposium kicks rear end and I want y'all to look forward to my radio play of it, the recordings I've gotten from my VAs so far are fantastic.