Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DreadCthulhu
Sep 17, 2008

What the fuck is up, Denny's?!
One concern I have based on the trailer is that the game more or less looks analogous to what it looked like in 2012. Not aesthetically, of course the art direction would have to stay consistent, but in terms of making the most out of modern GPUs. It "feels" like the sequel has to do some serious bells and whistles innovation to justify the wait. Otherwise it's 100% a content play, essentially a giant mod of BL2, which is fine with me, but my own's expectation for the sequel was different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Jibo posted:

Okay there's a lot of info out there but no one has mentioned what song was used in the trailer.

Does anyone know what it was? Definitely wasn't Cage the Elephant or The Heavy.

the teaser trailer used this music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvttDWdl0OQ

The official launch trailer used https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHohhuZXJR8

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Mar 28, 2019

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Crabtree posted:

I like the woman who is basically a Kung Fu Siren.

mods change my name to Kung Fu Siren tia

Megazver posted:

I am probably going to play as the Vladof chick, because gently caress yeah Vladof. :ussr:

:yeah:

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Crabtree posted:

Its going to be funny when they kill off lilith and try to make it as dramatic Roland getting iced.

I'm still pissed about Roland, he didn't deserve that. Also Shotgun Roland is still about the most fun build out of any BL game, except for maybe Hellborn Krieg.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

DreadCthulhu posted:

One concern I have based on the trailer is that the game more or less looks analogous to what it looked like in 2012. Not aesthetically, of course the art direction would have to stay consistent, but in terms of making the most out of modern GPUs. It "feels" like the sequel has to do some serious bells and whistles innovation to justify the wait. Otherwise it's 100% a content play, essentially a giant mod of BL2, which is fine with me, but my own's expectation for the sequel was different.

The lighting looks nicer but theyre still allergic to bumpmapping which is why everything looks so flat, and honestly the big black lines on everything just accentuate that

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
All I want is for you to have the character signature power really early on and not have the exact same chunk of gameplay with no powers at the start for each character as the intro to the game because it made replays suck hard.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

DreadCthulhu posted:

Honestly I’m super okay with the graphics not being super updated if it means the sacrifices to enemy density, inventory size, and the loot system from 2 and TPS are not there

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I'm still pissed about Roland, he didn't deserve that. Also Shotgun Roland is still about the most fun build out of any BL game, except for maybe Hellborn Krieg.

Let me introduce you to 10/5 Absolute Advantage/ CEO of All CEOs Jimothy with 90% chance not to consume ammo firing a Jakobs quad. Bind a button to mash mouse1 after you engage your kill skills, Fire 30+ Jakobs quad shots before reload :swoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YcmUg-ThDg&t=297s

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Mar 28, 2019

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Risky Bisquick posted:

Let me introduce you to 10/5 Absolute Advantage/ CEO of All CEOs Jimothy with 90% chance not to consume ammo firing a Jakobs quad. Bind a button to mash mouse1 after you engage your kill skills, Fire 30+ Jakobs quad shots before reload :swoon:

I only ever did one playthrough in TPS and never bothered with the DLC characters, but I will say fake Jack did look fun as poo poo from some of the gameplay videos I've seen of him.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

where the gently caress is my krieg

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
game looks good af

Free Drinks
Dec 16, 2006

Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.

Pylons posted:

I think the bigger issue is figuring out what's good or not at a glance. [.....] whereas [.....] Borderlands 1/2/TPS have all been pretty great about it.

You are right that the ability to compare what's new with what you have is a gigantic factor.

Boarderlands 1/2/TPS has those god damned cutesy-wutsy flavor text bonuses on the higher end guns. God I hated having to go to a wiki because I couldn't quite figure out what had changed compared to a normal gun. Some had obvious effects, but most were completely opaque.

DreadCthulhu
Sep 17, 2008

What the fuck is up, Denny's?!

Free Drinks posted:

You are right that the ability to compare what's new with what you have is a gigantic factor.

Boarderlands 1/2/TPS has those god damned cutesy-wutsy flavor text bonuses on the higher end guns. God I hated having to go to a wiki because I couldn't quite figure out what had changed compared to a normal gun. Some had obvious effects, but most were completely opaque.

Wow, I never even realized this was a pain point until you called it out. I usually would just toss those guns out unless I could immediately figure out what they were doing differently.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Try every gun, if you don't understand check the borderlands wiki. Some people toss away blue stuff like the pimpernel/sandhawk/3dd-1e[tps] without realizing they are literally top tier gear.

Free Drinks
Dec 16, 2006

Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.

Risky Bisquick posted:

Try every gun, if you don't understand check the borderlands wiki. Some people toss away blue stuff like the pimpernel/sandhawk/3dd-1e[tps] without realizing they are literally top tier gear.

Yeah but it's super lame to kill the momentum of getting an interesting item by having to go to a third party site outside the game by alt-tabbing or using a second computer or your phone or whatnot.

I'm sure there are people that enjoy the task of deducing what exactly they do; but for the love of god man, have a npc you can pay money to state it's effect plainly or something, for the people that just want to god drat know.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Considering how old the original cast look, Moxxi has grey hair now, I wonder what the timeframe is between this and BL2, it has to be at least 10 years right?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I hope they have BL1 style level scaling and not the joke "unload my entire stash of ammunition into a rabid nightstalker that oneshots me" level scaling in BL2.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Judge Tesla posted:

Considering how old the original cast look, Moxxi has grey hair now, I wonder what the timeframe is between this and BL2, it has to be at least 10 years right?

10 years after BL1, 5 years after BL2. That also might be "Pandora Years" mind you.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

I hope they have BL1 style level scaling and not the joke "unload my entire stash of ammunition into a rabid nightstalker that oneshots me" level scaling in BL2.

Also, no slag would be nice.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

so that leak said Laser and Ice would not be returning, but there's definitely cryo shots and lasers in the trailer

edit: there is also one shot in the trailer which has a purple color but who knows if it's actually slag :shrug:

Arcsquad12 posted:

krieg laughs at your level scaling, and at the fact that you use ammunition at all!

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Mr E posted:

Also, no slag would be nice.

According to the leaks, your wish (and mine) has been granted.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Kerrzhe posted:

so that leak said Laser and Ice would not be returning, but there's definitely cryo shots and lasers in the trailer

krieg laughs at your level scaling, and at the fact that you use ammunition at all!

Except Krieg's self damage scales retardedly as well so you end up one shotting yourself if you go for Silence the Voices

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

On paper slag was an interesting concept, the classic debuff an enemy to increase your damage tactic but wonky level scaling and the fact UVHM made it mandatory just made it incredibly annoying to deal with.

Again there's a reason Salvador has the Grog Nozzle surgically attached to him and everyone specced Maya's phaselock into dealing aoe slag damage.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Except Krieg's self damage scales retardedly as well so you end up one shotting yourself if you go for Silence the Voices

i remember hearing/reading about this, i'm struggling to remember if i ever actually got high enough in OP levels for this to have happened to me personally. i think i only ever made it to OP 4 :\

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Free Drinks posted:

Yeah but it's super lame to kill the momentum of getting an interesting item by having to go to a third party site outside the game by alt-tabbing or using a second computer or your phone or whatnot.

I'm sure there are people that enjoy the task of deducing what exactly they do; but for the love of god man, have a npc you can pay money to state it's effect plainly or something, for the people that just want to god drat know.

Reveal thy red text, Butt Stallion

Kerrzhe posted:

i remember hearing/reading about this, i'm struggling to remember if i ever actually got high enough in OP levels for this to have happened to me personally. i think i only ever made it to OP 4 :\

It absolutely happens, StV made melee attacks in UHVM, especially Digistruct peak a crapshoot. You would always use Alt-fire to toss axes to minimize the chance you go down without a sure second wind. Otherwise you use Hellborne or Explosive

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Mar 28, 2019

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Borderlands is one of those games where I just want more of the same and as such the trailer has me hyped.

Judge Tesla posted:

Where was Moxxi in the trailer? I missed her.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Judge Tesla posted:

On paper slag was an interesting concept, the classic debuff an enemy to increase your damage tactic but wonky level scaling and the fact UVHM made it mandatory just made it incredibly annoying to deal with.

TBH more damage types than weapon slots just bothered the poo poo out of me. Four is loving enough.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Cowcaster posted:

so they didn't show off any of the 4 new classes except for the shiva arms siren huh?

Right at the start there's a brief shot of the white-haired dude with the beard summoning a negative version of himself that looks like it could be a power.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Gravy Jones posted:

Borderlands is one of those games where I just want more of the same and as such the trailer has me hyped.

Where was Moxxi in the trailer? I missed her.

Taken from the card game shown at PAX.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
So those of you that know me know I'll be all in on this. :dance:

Not sure about the new Siren though, if she's gonna be melee based, seems a bit meh. Though to be fair traditionally there's usually 2 out of 4 characters I don't really get on with.

Needs more EXPLOSIONS :torgue:

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Judge Tesla posted:

Taken from the card game shown at PAX.

Cool. There's someone who could be her from the back (with Marcus and Tannis) in the trailer but hard to say for sure, with black hair, but could be someone else.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Gravy Jones posted:

but could be someone else.

nah i think we know who that is

(especially with the boardgame box revealing her new outfit from the front)

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I should really play the Telltale game :thunk:

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Good news around today. Free BL1 Remastered for existing PC owners, updated 4K textures for 2 and TPS next week, and Borderlands 3.

Edit: Two more shift codes for BL2 for 100 and 25 keys respectively from today's announcement.

C3W33-RZ6ZJ-TFJ6C-TTJ33-RFHX5 BL2, 100 Keys

W3KJB-H9CBW-XRBRW-JTBTJ-9JRXK BL2, 25 Keys

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Mar 28, 2019

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

orcane posted:

I should really play the Telltale game :thunk:

it's actually quite good, and Some Important Story Things Happen that are definitely going to carry forward into 3

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Oh I know, I just never got around to it. Started episode 1 at some point but I don't remember anything about it.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I bet Rhys is really proud of that moustache and I hope everyone gives him poo poo about it

The soldier girl looks kind of like a Colonial Marine so I gotta say you got SOME fuckin' nerve Randy

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Kerrzhe posted:

nah i think we know who that is

(especially with the boardgame box revealing her new outfit from the front)

WIDOWMAKER?!

OH poo poo THEY'RE DOING A CROSSOVER WITH OVERWATCH?!?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
So there's a bunch of images breaking down the different locales here. I've added some to the OP let me know if there are others that might be good. Maybe grimlock totally unrelated Fire Dinosaur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Gnome de plume posted:

I bet Rhys is really proud of that moustache and I hope everyone gives him poo poo about it

The soldier girl looks kind of like a Colonial Marine so I gotta say you got SOME fuckin' nerve Randy

Rhys has his best friend Zero now, to bodyguard his feelings. Didn't see Fiona anywhere in there though, and who was that other blue haired girl who high fived Maya?

I like that we actually seem to be going at least one place that isn't the space boonies.