Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Koga is going to become the greatest heel wrestler in the world, stealing people's special moves and then uttering a rude quip after using them on people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Shocked to see people not recoiling at the idea of a training arc.
The character doing the training is a fan favorite and Koga desperately needs something so he can at least be bottom rung in the Kengan Association. Plus if we have Seki that means we will most likely get post-time skip Haru as well which is even better. Between those two and Kaneda they can beat some respect and strength into Koga.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
gently caress yeah Seki and Haru, the two I wanted to see the most.

Hope Haru returned to form and got mad swole!!!!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

RareAcumen posted:

Shocked to see people not recoiling at the idea of a training arc.

Well he's going to be training in how to make the fights more engaging sooooooo

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Hope Haru returned to form and got mad swole!!!!
And he uses his muscles to cosplay his favorite shounen characters.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THK-VDKxvgI

Guh

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

AIDS

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Of all the possible responses, that’s the one you go with, huh?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

boy that sure still looks brown and washed out

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Y I K E S

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
I think that's worse than the last trailer

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

thetoughestbean posted:

Of all the possible responses, that’s the one you go with, huh?

Sorry, didn't had the link in hand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lffg88WDRg

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Netflix had the lovely CG on only the OP and around 1/10th of Baki's fights. Why the FUUUUUUUUUCK are they making it 100% for Kengan.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Yeah, that looks real bad. It's the sad reality of cheap anime these days, but I wish a decent studio would've picked it up instead. Hopefully our manga bois still make some decent cash from it.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Looks like berserk.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
KA deserves better than this

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
what is this boner that Netflix has for CG anime

about the only times I didn't wince at the result were Expelled from Paradise, Wooser, that one weird Disney series of shorts, and that weird Tatsunoko crossover show

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014

OnimaruXLR posted:

what is this boner that Netflix has for CG anime

about the only times I didn't wince at the result were Expelled from Paradise, Wooser, that one weird Disney series of shorts, and that weird Tatsunoko crossover show

Netflix is reAL cheap

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

cg anime isn't even always cheaper

part of the reason Netflix has a ton of it is because they have a good relationship with Polygon Pictures, a large cg studio. based on the performance of stuff like Knights of Sidonia they probably see value in it and animators certainly want to keep making it so they can advance the form. i can even see why you'd pick it for a martial arts show but the post-processing on this is awful and the characters look like dolls

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Cheap on anime you mean, they spent a trillion bucks for scorcese to cast his dream cast movie a few weeks ago

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Baki turned out alright

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
You gotta make sure to do all the Squats
So more talking and negotiations and I think there's now the possibility For Haru to be our first match of this battle since he's currently at the SJPW league right now and Toyoda has a guy from that circuit.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lol Toyoda is a buff Hank Scorpio

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I've got more "unholy combination of buff Donald Trump and Elon Musk" feeling out of him.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The chapter title makes it sound like a danberu chapter

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Lt. Lizard posted:

I've got more "unholy combination of buff Donald Trump and Elon Musk" feeling out of him.

he's a self-made man, not a fail-son who inherited his wealth.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
What's the dealo with his pupils? Wiki says slit eyed animals tend to be nocturnal. He looks like a goat to me. It could just be symbolism, goats are associated with the devil/evil.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Unless this tournament goes on for months(and they can delay picking a fighter until the actual match) I don't think Koga's is gonna be able to get high enough level in time.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he's a self-made man, not a fail-son who inherited his wealth.

That's what Trump would say too.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

At least the burgers he gave to his guests were "fresh" unlike Trump's

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RatHat posted:

Unless this tournament goes on for months(and they can delay picking a fighter until the actual match) I don't think Koga's is gonna be able to get high enough level in time.

Well, it's always possible he pulls a Freiza.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

who would cut him in half

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

Hajime

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stairmaster posted:

The Krillin of this series, whom I think is generally agreed to be Kaneda.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I think whether or not this guy is a goober is going to basically boil down to how much of this scheme is his own VS whether or not he has some evil vizier type, maybe Worm-affiliated, pulling his strings

If he's an actual threat to the Kengan Association of his own volition, he's probably not just a braindead trust fund scumbag

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

RareAcumen posted:

Well, it's always possible he pulls a Freiza.

Not sure what you mean.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Suspicious Lump posted:

What's the dealo with his pupils? Wiki says slit eyed animals tend to be nocturnal. He looks like a goat to me. It could just be symbolism, goats are associated with the devil/evil.

He's constantly looking left to right really fast.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

RatHat posted:

Not sure what you mean.

Frieza managed to catch up to like 3 arcs (Cell, Buu, Power of Gods) worth of powerups in like a month of training.

More arcs if you consider the Super anime.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
You can tell Toyoda's a tough customer because he's not making GBS threads his pants around Kazzy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Oh great, 'oodles of sinister foreigners are just waiting for the moment Japan lets its guard down to swoop in and wreck poo poo'. Never heard that one before.

Doesn't look like it's going to be a factor as Toyoda's tournament seems to be the main plotline, and KA has a ton of goodwill banked up, but I got my eye on you, manga. Watch it.