Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Who is Oliver Subpodcasts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Franchescanado posted:

Just like Mike and Omar after taking out the trash.

God this makes me laugh

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
When Irony Comes Full Circle — Hollywood Handbook Ascends to Comedy Heaven

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Ive seen that elsewhere and the dopey mixed metaphor in the first sentence dissuaded me from reading any further. Is it actually good?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Squishy posted:

Ive seen that elsewhere and the dopey mixed metaphor in the first sentence dissuaded me from reading any further. Is it actually good?

It's a well-written summary of the start of the podcast vs. where it is now, and how the comedy has evolved while still being detached irony. I liked it.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

great Flagrant Ones, was not expecting a crossover with The Mick

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Mr. Squishy posted:

It's accurate, at least. Not sure who it's for, though. As an HH fan it's just preaching to the choir and reinforcing everything already know and enjoy, and it's certainly not going to bring anyone new on board because it sings praises about things that don't seem terribly interesting to an outside observer. Maybe it'd get some folks over the hump who are on that 3rd or 4th episode and not sure if they're into it or not.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
Because it's structured like a narrative, it makes it seem that, by the end of the piece, HH itself has come to an end, or at least a transition point, which is probably true. Something it misses is how incredibly stupid and silly HH has always been, which from the beginning served to undermine the detached ironic pose in a much more effective way than the new sincerity, which is only the sign of an artistic deadlock.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

What's the genesis of "try month"? Did a Stitcher exec send them an email saying they weren't trying or something?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

WerthersWay posted:

What's the genesis of "try month"? Did a Stitcher exec send them an email saying they weren't trying or something?

I think it was a natural progression from the contract negotiations they did in the Pro Version episode, where they offer to be more focused and structured and ‘try’.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It was just an idea Kevin had, presumably because as the HH producer it's in his interest to raise the numbers.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

It’s me. I’m the person the article is for, the new listener who has hopped around the archive and picked up on the vibe they are explaining, but had struggled to put it into words.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
a tragedy in two acts
https://twitter.com/flagrantonespod/status/1111480866608340992

https://twitter.com/scoop_troop/status/1112737761146994689

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I love that Darius is involved in the bet. It wasn't Sean or Hayes.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
They really gotta get Darius on as a guest.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

feedmyleg posted:

They really gotta get Darius on as a guest.

get darius as a guest on the flagrant ones, and not kevin, and just talk about how bad kevin is at basketball for the whole episode

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
omfg tim heidecker I’ve been wanting this for so long

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

There's like 30 minutes of ads in this episode wtf

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

There's like 30 minutes of ads in this episode wtf

Yeah it was pretty ridiculous, especially when one of the guys talking is on the phone

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

RIP Action Boyz, murdered by filmfan

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

What an amazing journey.

"Hey, we're gonna eventually need a third movie at some point, and I say we do Cyborg again!" I think maybe there was some vape pen usage in Val Verde before this one.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

"thats a bummer-- he wandered out into traffic or something?" is the absolute hardest laugh ive ever had at the boyz

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Hollywood Handbook currently beefing with: QUIP

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Did they not like Sean talking about his mouth ulcers?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
They're just a buncha squares who think sticking toothbrushes in butts is a bad thing or whatever

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Hollywood Handbook currently beefing with: QUIP

It's an over-priced service.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

feedmyleg posted:

They're just a buncha squares who think sticking toothbrushes in butts is a bad thing or whatever

Oh yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I only listened to the first half on the way home from work so far but there's a pretty good interview with Sean on Don Fanelli's podcast The Need to Fail where he gets into his drug problem etc

https://foreverdogproductions.com/fdpn/podcasts/the-need-to-fail/

maybe people already saw it on the earwolf reddit idk

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Help Im Alive posted:

I only listened to the first half on the way home from work so far but there's a pretty good interview with Sean on Don Fanelli's podcast The Need to Fail where he gets into his drug problem etc

https://foreverdogproductions.com/fdpn/podcasts/the-need-to-fail/

maybe people already saw it on the earwolf reddit idk

It was really great. More sincere than that Don't Get Me Strarted ep, somehow. The part about being meaner to loved ones than strangers "because I'm a sunk cost for you" hit me right in the gut.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I wanted to load up on pro version eps since I have a long drive today but Stitcher is down for maintenance right now and that affects the unofficial RSS feeds too.

How are they so bad at this holy poo poo.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

On the bright side this means I'll spend my time getting caught up on the flagrant ones instead because I don't have to worry about this happening with a patreon podcast.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I dunno if anyone here is listening to LA Podcast but it is continuing the trend of every Sean and Hayes podcast slowly adopting singing segments lol

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Does anyone here even listen to Earwolf pods besides HH and CBB these days?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I got into Womp It Up recently and it's really good (and then they went on hiatus like a week later) I listen to Homophilia some weeks too but yeah that's about it

I4H is probably still good but I gradually stopped listening for some reason

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I am going to go back to I4H once I finish up teacher's lounge.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Threedom is back this week on Premium, so that's something.

I'm also giving Teacher's Lounge a shot, and relistening to ADPPP.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

SpacePig posted:

Threedom is back this week on Premium

Woo!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Teenage Fansub posted:

There are a bunch I keep in my podcast app in case a guest I like is on, but other than that not really.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Teenage Fansub posted:

I listen to HH: Pro Version as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Teenage Fansub posted:

Who Charted is still great, I think Preem Stream is some of the hardest I laughed in a while, the purest, most distilled Howard. The Brody episodes were heavy, he spent the last like month talking solely about that.