Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

OhFunny posted:

Good news around today. Free BL1 Remastered, updated 4K textures for 2 and TPS next week, and Borderlands 3.

Edit: Two more shift codes for BL2 for 100 and 25 keys respectively from today's announcement.

C3W33-RZ6ZJ-TFJ6C-TTJ33-RFHX5 BL2, 100 Keys

W3KJB-H9CBW-XRBRW-JTBTJ-9JRXK BL2, 25 Keys

drat, thats tight. good QOL features for BL1 there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I work 5 minutes from Gearbox, I go to their coffee shop sometime. I should go see if its a zoo over there at the coffee shop downstairs. They seem to love tabletop games because they just have a big collection of tabletop games you can play

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

OhFunny posted:

Good news around today. Free BL1 Remastered, updated 4K textures for 2 and TPS next week, and Borderlands 3.

Edit: Two more shift codes for BL2 for 100 and 25 keys respectively from today's announcement.

C3W33-RZ6ZJ-TFJ6C-TTJ33-RFHX5 BL2, 100 Keys

W3KJB-H9CBW-XRBRW-JTBTJ-9JRXK BL2, 25 Keys

BL1 Remastered isn’t free.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Pirate Jet posted:

BL1 Remastered isn’t free.

Ah I should have clarified: It is a free upgrade for those who own the original on PC.
https://www.pcgamer.com/borderlands-game-of-the-year-edition-is-coming-to-pc/

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

OhFunny posted:

Ah I should have clarified: It is a free upgrade for those who own the original on PC.

Is it just going to be a free upgrade on Steam? I have BL1 Game of the Year Edition on disk.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Who's this with Maya?

Also I guess that's all of the Sirens then, until new ones to replace Steele and Angel are born/grow up.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Mar 29, 2019

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

Is it just going to be a free upgrade on Steam? I have BL1 Game of the Year Edition on disk.

quote:

It'll be free to all existing owners of Borderlands on Steam, 2K has confirmed, and it'll make a bunch of small but significant tweaks to the game.

Yes. It will be a free upgrade on Steam.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

RatHat posted:

Who's this with Maya?

Also I guess that's all of the Sirens then, until new ones to replace Steele and Angel are born/grow up.

It could be the Krieg / Maya baby :razz:

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

one of the new "badguys" is a Siren.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

NecroMonster posted:

They both are apparently, they're a brother/sister combo where the brother has at least some residual siren powers

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

I thought the kid is a new Siren, but the oldest the new ones could be are 10 and 5 and she looks older than that to me.

Maya just found some kid and is being a cool big sister teaching her the ropes of Vault Hunting.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

NecroMonster posted:

Yes and we know how they look, they're the ones at 0:14. It's some new character, it seems.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

SHOOT ME IN THE FACE

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

RatHat posted:

Who's this with Maya?

Apparently a new Siren is born immediately after one dies, so that could be Steele's "replacement"

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

so, will they let you mute Claptrap this time around?

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

OhFunny posted:

I thought the kid is a new Siren, but the oldest the new ones could be are 10 and 5 and she looks older than that to me.

Maya just found some kid and is being a cool big sister teaching her the ropes of Vault Hunting.

The kid could be a siren, there's six. Steele-spawn would be 10 at the oldest and Angel-spawn would be 5, but those two plus Lilith, Maya and Ms Machamp is only five.

Still, I'm fine with Maya taking an apprentice vault hunter who is totally normal.

"normal"

edit: ah, missed about the baddies being sirens.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Victory Position posted:

so, will they let you mute Claptrap this time around?

No.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Reveilled posted:

The kid could be a siren, there's six. Steele-spawn would be 10 at the oldest and Angel-spawn would be 5, but those two plus Lilith, Maya and Ms Machamp is only five.

Still, I'm fine with Maya taking an apprentice vault hunter who is totally normal.

"normal"

The Brother isn't a siren (males literally can't be), but apparently he does seem to have the ability to drain Siren powers? At least that's what it kind of looks like, in that trailer, Lilith got her powers sapped.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Reveilled posted:

"normal"

Only one of the baddies is a Siren. People are saying they're twins, and that the brother has some access to his sister's powers, but not at a real Siren's level. The last Siren is one of the playable characters. Based on the trailer where Lilith is down in the dirt without her tattoos. I think the villains steal her powers to boost the brother.

The kid with Maya was also in the teaser from yesterday. I'm getting a real master-student vibe.
https://twitter.com/mentalmars/status/1110909934084988934?s=19

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
A shame that the previous cast have been relegated to NPC/Quest giver status but I am looking forward to playing as some new folks after what feels like an eternity.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Orange Crush Rush posted:

The Brother isn't a siren (males literally can't be), but apparently he does seem to have the ability to drain Siren powers? At least that's what it kind of looks like, in that trailer, Lilith got her powers sapped.

Still, if the sister is a siren, then that means the six sirens currently would be Lilith, Maya, Punchsiren, Villainsiren, Steel^2 and Nu-Angel, so unless the kid is Super Steeltendo (and I'd agree she looks too old to be 10) or the belief there's only six is wrong, then she's not one.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Reveilled posted:

Still, if the sister is a siren, then that means the six sirens currently would be Lilith, Maya, Punchsiren, Villainsiren, Steel^2 and Nu-Angel, so unless the kid is Super Steeltendo (and I'd agree she looks too old to be 10) or the belief there's only six is wrong, then she's not one.

Somebody on Twitter pointed out the ten year difference between BL1 and 3 might actually be in "Pandora Years", which might be a lot longer then 365 days.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

We're all wrong and turns out of kid is the secret seventh Siren and the clue was she and Maya fistbump like Maya and Lilith did in the Borderlands 2 trailer.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I hope you all realize Davis Pickle will be back too.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Oh wait, Risk of Rain 2 is gearbox publishing. Well, I guess that's how they fund BL3.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Somebody on Twitter pointed out the ten year difference between BL1 and 3 might actually be in "Pandora Years", which might be a lot longer then 365 days.

Also it's not like Gearbox haven't done some age fuckery in the past, like when they had to quickly insert a clause into Gaige's story that it totally took years for her to travel from her home planet to Pandora so that she'd be 18 and Tannis' cringey as hell "my bed, standing offer" line wouldn't have her offering to gently caress a schoolkid.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Judge Tesla posted:

why would you willingly bring such despair into the world?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I hope this one makes a return:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWYjLurySU0

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Best gun in the series.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

StabMasterArson posted:

This artstyle has not aged well lol

lmao yea it looked to me like a 360 game

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So storywise, do you think this game is going to have parts set in a different solar system? Borderlands 2 ended with a map of other vaults in the galaxy waking up, and the Pre-Sequel had the alien warning that more vault hunters would be needed. It looks like punk Siren and her douche brother are leaders of the Children of the Vault, that cult that left all the symbols around in the past games. Are they gonna try and explain why there's so many psychos and why they got all mutated and wear uniform Jason masks?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

I definitely think the game will span different planets. That sleek future city doesn't look like anything that should be on Pandora and one of the splash text is, "your friends are here to save the worlds"

Worlds. Plural.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

The REAL Goobusters posted:

lmao yea it looked to me like a 360 game

I wonder if I'm okay with that because my formative experience was playing BL1, extensively, on the 360.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Rewatching the trailer on my actual gaming monitor, why did they only upload a 4k30 source. I swear to god if they still have cut scenes at 30fps I'll be so pissed.

The model movement is very good in the UE4 engine, fluidity and physics look better than the UE3 engine they were using for BL2 + TPS.

e: while i'm still here let's talk how David Eddings has a suspicious gap in employment since February. Claptrap might get his original VA.

e2: https://twitter.com/FINALLEVEL/status/1111349456119713792

e3: yisss

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Mar 29, 2019

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Risky Bisquick posted:

e: while i'm still here let's talk how David Eddings has a suspicious gap in employment since February. Claptrap might get his original VA.

is eddings not his original VA?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Judge Tesla posted:

What did we do to deserve this

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Kerrzhe posted:

is eddings not his original VA?

He was replaced for BL2VR.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
It doesn't scream "next gen borderlands" visually and Pitchford does not look well enough to be the voice for this game. I didn't feel any excitement in the announcement at pax and the trailer itself seemed thrown together. Everything about this looks cheap. I really hope I'm wrong because I wanted borderlands 3 to exist, right up until I saw the trailer.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Judge Tesla posted:

if there is any just god in this world gearbox will just conveniently forget he ever existed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

OhFunny posted:

I did not know that, and it is excellent news.

Risky Bisquick posted:

He was replaced for BL2VR.

That’s... weird. Is there some drama I don’t know about?