Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

I meant to take a picture but yesterday I went shopping and they had a bunch of these bigass glass chinese dragons full of loving brandy and I just couldn't believe it. What a store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
My stupid conscience resulted in a mediocre food court experience:

Chicken Ceasar salad - it’s a salad alright. I wish like it tasted like anything; some black pepper on the chicken (or, you know, any spice at all) would have done wonders. At least the lettuce and tomatoes seemed fresh.

Vanilla Açaí swirl - this was bad. I don’t know what genius decided it was a good idea to mix ice cream nonfat frozen yoghurt with sherbet but that is not a good mix of textures. I’m not exactly an açaí connoisseur but the flavor wasn’t great either. I didn’t even finish it :(. Not even in the same universe as the berry swirl.

Making up for it now with some dark chocolate covered pretzels I foolishly bought and the two whiskeys that magically appeared in my cart.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Got some 'banh mi meatballs' at cost co and they're pretty decent

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Be careful shopping Costco online because of you can find the same item in stock locally and if that item is a large/heavy one then you will probably save a good chunk of change hauling it home yourself.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

david_a posted:

My stupid conscience resulted in a mediocre food court experience:

Chicken Ceasar salad - it’s a salad alright. I wish like it tasted like anything; some black pepper on the chicken (or, you know, any spice at all) would have done wonders. At least the lettuce and tomatoes seemed fresh.

Vanilla Açaí swirl - this was bad. I don’t know what genius decided it was a good idea to mix ice cream nonfat frozen yoghurt with sherbet but that is not a good mix of textures. I’m not exactly an açaí connoisseur but the flavor wasn’t great either. I didn’t even finish it :(. Not even in the same universe as the berry swirl.

Making up for it now with some dark chocolate covered pretzels I foolishly bought and the two whiskeys that magically appeared in my cart.

the two lamest items on the menu

bartlebee
Nov 5, 2008
Hello Costco thread. I think someone mentioned in this thread that Costco had a a cordless vacuum that was comparable to Dyson but less expensive. However this thread is hundreds of pages long and I do think remember who said it. Any direction anyone can offer? PBUC.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

bartlebee posted:

Hello Costco thread. I think someone mentioned in this thread that Costco had a a cordless vacuum that was comparable to Dyson but less expensive. However this thread is hundreds of pages long and I do think remember who said it. Any direction anyone can offer? PBUC.

Probably a Shark, they often clean better than the Dysons. I don't see them online but they might be in-store.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

bartlebee posted:

FCKGW posted:

Probably a Shark, they often clean better than the Dysons. I don't see them online but they might be in-store.

Yep, that's where I got mine. I'm pleased with it whenever I use it, but that is rare.

If I were to turn it on and let go it'd probably scoot across the room. The brush and strength is good.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

hakimashou posted:

Got some 'banh mi meatballs' at cost co and they're pretty decent

Fresh or frozen? We're not really into the prepared foods but, man, some banh mi meatballs would be handy.
There's a Vietnamese French Bakery we get the proper crispy crackling baguettes from which is extra nice.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
excuse me i enjoy the chicken caesar salad :colbert:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

MisterOblivious posted:

Fresh or frozen? We're not really into the prepared foods but, man, some banh mi meatballs would be handy.
There's a Vietnamese French Bakery we get the proper crispy crackling baguettes from which is extra nice.

They came fresh in a vacuum sealed thing with a cardboard sleeve. From the aisle near the cheese aisle where they have prepared/vacuum sealed foods.

Fully cooked already, came with a bag of chili sauce that I haven't tried yet.

I sliced some up and stir fried them with some chinese noodles and they were really pretty good. They browned up nice. Nice lemongrass flavor. Froze the rest of them.

Its pork meatballs with rice noodle mixed into them, lemongrass maybe a little fish sauce flavor, scallion and stuff mixed in. Says "gastropub" on it somewhere. Packaging is mostly black I think, I already threw the cardboard thing away. Was 8 or 9 bucks I think, and a bunch come in there. I foresee getting my money's worth.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

MisterOblivious posted:

Do they make banh mis at the bakery or just sell the bread? You can usually buy meat from banh mi shops directly, along with their pate, which is normally homemade (and also loving awesome, and required for any good banh mi).

Then you can buy pre-shredded daikon and carrot at any vietnamese market along with jalapenos and cilantro. At that point you can make banh mis all week, if not longer, for a fraction of the price of buying them premade. Another tip is to use kewpie, god's chosen mayo.

The only thing that doesn't last is the rolls.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Chinatown posted:

a third side in the holy war

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

My Dyson was the worst $400 I've ever spent

loving thing jams itself so tight against the floor it can't even vacuum up a piece of string

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Relevant Tangent posted:

Sign me up. I like the chicken caesar salad too.

My fave costco meal from the deli is the turkey croissant sandwich and salad combo. Yom yommm

:henget:

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

hakimashou posted:

They came fresh in a vacuum sealed thing with a cardboard sleeve. From the aisle near the cheese aisle where they have prepared/vacuum sealed foods.

Thanks! I'll keep a lookout for them.

Taima posted:

Do they make banh mis at the bakery or just sell the bread? You can usually buy meat from banh mi shops directly, along with their pate, which is normally homemade (and also loving awesome, and required for any good banh mi).

They sell sandwiches but it's not a "banh mi shop." It's a mainly a croissant bakery that also supplies baguettes to a lot of the banh mi shops around. Selling sandwiches is kinda a side-gig I guess. They close at 1pm.
Their pate isn't something I'd buy if they offered it for sale and the meat is pork loaf.

quote:

Then you can buy pre-shredded daikon and carrot at any vietnamese market along with jalapenos and cilantro. Another tip is to use kewpie, god's chosen mayo.

That sort of stuff I tend to have on hand. Making the pickle yourself is trivial. As is the mayo. It doesn't take planning like marinading pork ahead of time.

quote:

The only thing that doesn't last is the rolls.

Indeed.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I left my credit cards rewards check at home so I went shopping without it yesterday. OH WELL I GUESS I'LL HAVE TO GO BACK TO COSTCO.

They had someone giving out free samples of paper towels. I'm not sure how you're supposed to eat those but, oh well.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Renegret posted:

They had someone giving out free samples of paper towels. I'm not sure how you're supposed to eat those but, oh well.

A boon to the slavering masses, to be sure.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Renegret posted:

I left my credit cards rewards check at home so I went shopping without it yesterday. OH WELL I GUESS I'LL HAVE TO GO BACK TO COSTCO.

Oh yeah?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Flaggy posted:

Oh yeah?

$89 for toilet paper?

It'll take me weeks to eat that much.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Flaggy posted:

Oh yeah?

I don't think this is even a Costco. :argh:

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

The Hambulance posted:

I don't think this is even a Costco. :argh:

We had this discussion last time that picture was posted. It’s Costco but prices are in ozbucks or something.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I like when they give you a sample of some oats or dry rear end crackers but you're already in "Costco Mode" and just see sample cups and shoot them down immediately then figure out what you at after it's in your mouth. Inadvertently giving myself the cinnamon challenge since '06

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I like when they give you a sample of some oats or dry rear end crackers but you're already in "Costco Mode" and just see sample cups and shoot them down immediately then figure out what you at after it's in your mouth. Inadvertently giving myself the cinnamon challenge since '06

Our costco is always giving out water samples, so its a mad dash to that table.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Sample-free since '83

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Flaggy posted:

Oh yeah?

What’s wrong with this? They have a waste receptacle right there!

Let he who has not poo poo in a Costco throw the first turd.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, if I'm being honest that's as useful if not more so than most of the displays in Costco. Buying that much TP is a commitment and it's not like you can rip the package open and make sure it isn't garbage.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Chances are you've already bought said brand at a different store so you know what you're getting, just in bulk. Unless it's some mystery brand that only costco sells

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Chances are you've already bought said brand at a different store so you know what you're getting, just in bulk. Unless it's some mystery brand that only costco sells

Yeah, Kirkland.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

belt posted:

Yeah, Kirkland.

Which is good stuff.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Chinatown posted:

Relevant Tangent posted:

I stand with cæsar

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Lazyhound posted:

We had this discussion last time that picture was posted. It’s Costco but prices are in ozbucks or something.

raise the minimum wage, don't worry it will be fine

*paper that you use to wipe poo poo off your rear end is now 90 dollars*

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

raise the minimum wage, don't worry it will be fine

*paper that you use to wipe poo poo off your rear end is now 90 dollars*

I'll have you know that it's only...$63USD?! Jesus Christ

Edit: apparently this is in Trinidad so it works out to ~$13.50

jisforjosh fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Mar 30, 2019

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

jisforjosh posted:

I'll have you know that it's only...$63USD?! Jesus Christ

Edit: apparently this is in Trinidad so it works out to ~$13.50

It must be PriceSmart, then.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Chinatown posted:

And I enjoy the acai bowl. We are the damned of the church's children.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I've never had a bad food court item. They were all hood. Pizza and DAWGs are consistent in being good throughout the years tho. The items they rotate in and out are fine. Never disgusting or bad. Also it's still dirt cheap so I aint dat mad.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Which is good stuff.

Kirkland toilet paper is on par with gas station toilet paper.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bummey posted:

Kirkland toilet paper is on par with gas station toilet paper.

I wouldn't go that far, but I definitely would have bought the Charmin if I had known the Kirkland brand was so thin. Now I have like a year and a half of Kirkland toilet paper sitting in my closet.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

No hot water when I woke up, tripped down a flight of stairs on my way out the door, and I can’t eat at the Costco food court anymore. Cursed day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Kirkland double ply is fine for your rear end.