Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
I suggest Pet Lesser Dog for one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Has anyone said Laika yet?

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal
You can't go wrong with Karl Barks.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Chibi the shibe.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
We've gotten this far, and I am very disappointed that we got this far without someone suggesting Lassie.

RichardA
Sep 1, 2006
Dinosaur Gum
Clearly the first dog should be named Dog or Hund. Some sugestions for other dogs are Huan, D-Dog, or Boatswain

RichardA fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Mar 26, 2019

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Wishbone, Wolf, Wolfie, Santa's Little Helper, Dog.

Eh, I figure go for the low-hanging fruit for references.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

GodspeedSphere posted:

I'm going to be a saccharine piece of poo poo and ask for Koda, in honor of my dog who we had to put down last weekend.

I'll back this

xelada
Dec 21, 2012

Red John posted:

Boksi or Boksi II

Gone but not forgotten, sweet prince.

Don't you mean Borksi? :v:

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

The dog must be named Dog.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

GodspeedSphere posted:

I'm going to be a saccharine piece of poo poo and ask for Koda, in honor of my dog who we had to put down last weekend.

I'll third this, for this Good Dog :rip::patriot:

Thunderclan
Dec 24, 2013
Dogmeat, Barkspawn

Don't think I saw those suggestions yet

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

Slaan posted:

I'll third this, for this Good Dog :rip::patriot:

Ok I can't ever figure out how to do image links but if I'm going to be a sappy poo poo about a pup I might as well share a pic.

https://imgur.com/a/YHhMw3f

Counterpoint: If I got Slaan on my side I'm fairly certain it's a bad idea and will get us all mesmerized by a goat.

GodspeedSphere fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Mar 27, 2019

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

GodspeedSphere posted:

Ok I can't ever figure out how to do image links but if I'm going to be a sappy poo poo about a pup I might as well share a pic.

Counterpoint: If I got Slaan on my side I'm fairly certain it's a bad idea and will get us all mesmerized by a goat.

Squeeeeeeeeeeeee such a Good Dog :swoon:

Rats Tossbag
Jan 16, 2014

Toto

Also Togo, the lead dog on the longest leg of the 1925 diphtheria serum run. And I guess that glory-stealing Balto, if you want.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

GodspeedSphere posted:

[img ]link.jpg[/img ] without the spaces. Right click the picture and select 'copy image url' or equivalent.

AmishSpecialForces
Jul 1, 2008

biosterous posted:

Has anyone said Laika yet?

Voting for this since its my dogs name. Keep the dog until the space age and have it be your first unit off the earth.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
A Boy and His

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

GodspeedSphere posted:

Yeah, count me in for this too.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I was surprised to see the diamond ring event pop up. I was like "drat did we even research how to draw a circle yet???"

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I can't tell if this guy pitching additional buildings for the mod is joking or not

quote:

-Pederasty - (NSFW? Where the more masculine man has love/marriage with a more effemine (usually but not always younger) man. Shinto and Hellenism increase bonus. Drop in birthrate. Drop in food. More health. Happiness. Science. Swordsmen, macemen, archers, horsemen - up until automatic guns - receives exp and Backdown. Negatives with Islam, Judaism, Asatru, Yoruba, Ngaiism, Voodoo. Later on, with Asatru, can build Luftwaffe.
-Circumcision Hut -can upgrade- All units for war get exp. Health increase. Bonuses increase with Ngaiism, Judaism, Christianity. Replaces pederasty. Can only have one or the other. Never goes away. Increases health and happiness only after automatic firearms.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

:wtc:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

"Where the more masculine man has love/marriage with a more effemine man" "can build Luftwaffe"

Um. Ok?

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
"Circumcision Hut"
"Increases health and happiness only after automatic firearms"

:stonk:

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

Kangxi posted:

"Circumcision Hut"
"Increases health and happiness only after automatic firearms"

:stonk:

Mohel with a machine gun

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Yeah I'm gonna politely ask that we keep the random :stonk: musings of a-bit-too-eager-CivFanatics posters down to a minimum.

If only for our own sake.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Too late, we're all on watch lists now.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
you get put on ten watch lists from the first moment you log on. and another 100 the first time you post

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

paragon1 posted:

you get put on ten watch lists from the first moment you log on. and another 100 the first time you post

How many watch lists for someone who posts on ADTRW? Asking for a friend.

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007

JosephWongKS posted:

All of them.

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!
But WHY is pederasty and circumcision mutually exclusive?? I need to know what popular science he based this reasoning on

(sentences I'd never thought I'd write.txt)

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

JosephWongKS posted:

you get taken off all the watch lists and get invited into the Illuminati

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Super Jay Mann posted:

Yeah I'm gonna politely ask that we keep the random :stonk: musings of a-bit-too-eager-CivFanatics posters down to a minimum.

If only for our own sake.

Understandable :v:

I don't know if this was in past versions of C2C but you can select Neanderthals as a civilization and they are hilariously unfinished. They aren't tagged with a specific geographical region and thus don't get any cultures that they can build other than the default neanderthal culture that they start with. While cultures are mostly used to give your civilization unique units the region you are tagged with affects how your cities and certain terrain improvements look. Due to having no tag the Neanderthals get invisible cities aside from wonders and some buildings that show up on the map. In return they get neanderthal versions of prehistoric units that are slightly stronger but are usually just more expensive for no real gain with nothing unique at all after the prehistoric age.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Mar 30, 2019

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
I remember those! They had hilarious city names. Just grunting sounds like "Ook" or "Ugg".

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Kangxi posted:

I remember those! They had hilarious city names. Just grunting sounds like "Ook" or "Ugg".

They must have changed them recently, because all I've gotten are the names of places that are major neanderthal archeological sites. Maybe they're going for an air of legitimacy or something.

I don't know why though, you'd think a mod that lets you use bear cavalry and steampunk airships would have a better sense of humor :v:

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
I only tried this mod years ago, so reading the thread has been a mix of what I remember and what's changed. They still kept the bear cavalry and megafauna domestication?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Kangxi posted:

I only tried this mod years ago, so reading the thread has been a mix of what I remember and what's changed. They still kept the bear cavalry and megafauna domestication?

Yup!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Kangxi posted:

I don't have a changelog but they've also added some new megafauna. There's a whole line of cavalry units in the most recent version that can be built if you domesticate giant ground sloths. The civilopedia entry for the first one says something along the lines of "I don't know, maybe for shock troops?" as the entirety of its text.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Speaking of ground sloths, there was a paper awhile back that was super cool that describes their likely defense posturing and actions. They found a stretch of land which had sloth and human foot prints preserved during/right before a hunt which is stupid loving cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
what other cool megafauna stuff can you do?