Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

When I was a kid my dad lived in an entirely different part of the country but me and my brother went to visit him regularly. One of the few videotapes at his place was CHUD 2: Bud the CHUD . We watched it at least a dozen times. I've got a soft spot for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get Ready for Price Time , Bitch

Chud 2 : Bud the Chud is the true sequel to Return of the Living Dead.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Hollismason posted:

Chud 2 : Bud the Chud is the true sequel to Return of the Living Dead.

Hell yeah. I love that movie.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I had seen CHUD 2 a bunch of times before I saw either the original CHUD or Return of the Living Dead.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

COOL CORN posted:

Even Joe Bob doesn't like it!

I know and ima fight him

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Its not really that great of a movie.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

But the title is fantastic

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Hollismason posted:

Its not really that great of a movie.

I will gut you like a d'amato film

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

It just mediocre in like all respects.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I dunno, what I like about it is the same thing Joe Bob hates.

It's a bunch of new york theater snobs making a cheesy monster movie on a lark. Like the commentary track was wonderful because other than the screenwriter everyone was clearly having a blast making and talking about this movie.

I mean, they convinced Norman Mailers wife to play a crazy homeless lady in a movie called CHUD

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
C.H.U.D. fuckin' rules.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Oof I am starting to feel uncomfortable with how long hes going off about miss america

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I just don't understand what anyone sees in Joe Bob as a personality. His encyclopedic knowledge of film and behind the scenes trivia is interesting but his whole cowboy shtick and tired jokes are just the worst.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
He's a redneck from Texas, it's not a cowboy schtick

Gejimayu
Mar 4, 2005
spaz

mikeycp posted:

i found Await Further Instructions very funny, but it was definitely not trying to be a funny movie

take that how you will

I kept thinking you all were talking about Safety Not Guaranteed until this post when I googled it. I was like of course it's supposed to be funny! But its not horror... Oh, totally different movie.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Bolo ties are the superior form of tie.

The traditional necktie is the garrote of the bourgeoisie. The bolo tie is the trailblazing symbol of the rural proletariat.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

lmao at the posers itt have a life that requires you to wear a tie instead of being a gnar horror fan dedicating all ur time to watching rad Fulci flicks and destroying posers online

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

sometimes I genuinely cannot tell if Jeffrey Combs is an amazing actor or a terrible one

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Kvlt! posted:

lmao at the posers itt have a life that requires you to wear a tie instead of being a gnar horror fan dedicating all ur time to watching rad Fulci flicks and destroying posers online

This but unironically

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

sometimes I genuinely cannot tell if Jeffrey Combs is an amazing actor or a terrible one

I've seen him perform Nevermore live a couple of times so it's not even a question.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUX6nkx8-5I

dude legit whips rear end as an actor

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Yeah I think it's because I have only ever seen him in cheesy horror stuff where is hamming it up. Like, this performance right now could either be a good actor being hammy or a bad actor being serious

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Jeffrey Combs occupies the same realm as Willem Dafoe where he kind of defies normal categorization with the Weird Dick Energy he brings to anything he's in.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is it just me or is this lady really not in the mood for Joe Bob tonight

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

hes amazing and i met him and he was SOOOOO NICE could not have been more happy to meet a huge fan honestly hes like the perfect human being i adore him

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

The most disturbing scene so far is Jeffrey combs going clamming on a hooker

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The most disturbing scene so far is Jeffrey combs going clamming on a hooker

Wow this certainly became ironic

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Tales From the Hood 2 is a very bad movie. It's made by the original directors, how did it come out so bad? The first one is great.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Untrustable posted:

Tales From the Hood 2 is a very bad movie. It's made by the original directors, how did it come out so bad? The first one is great.

first one is so good and the 2nd one i havent seen but ive heard its so bad that Im skipping it even tho ill watch p much anything with Keith David in it

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Untrustable posted:

I would not be surprised at all if that director credit is a marketing ploy.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

It's the Creepshow 3 of the Tales From the Hood franchise.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Hollismason posted:

Yeah its unavailable on Amazon Prime subscription when it live airs. It'll show up though eventually.

I guess I won't be able to join in on the live fun. :smith:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

david_a posted:

Edit: is anyone else getting a slight metallic ringing in the audio?

That was bugging the poo poo out of me last night and I thought it was just my speakers. There was definitely a lot of buzzing and the bass was too high.

Untrustable posted:

It's the Creepshow 3 of the Tales From the Hood franchise.

I mean "Oh Golly" and "Chief Wood'nhead" are basically the same if you think about it.

Also last night was my first night seeing C.H.U.D. and... I wasn't really impressed but I'll give it another shot someday. I could see what they were going for, and unlike Joe Bob I didn't think the people involved with the movie thought they were "slumming it". It felt like they were trying to basically make a Don Dohler movie, but populated with pedigreed stage actors and given more gravitas than the premise really deserved. The result was interesting, if nothing else.

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Mar 30, 2019

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

King Vidiot posted:

That was bugging the poo poo out of me last night and I thought it was just my speakers. There was definitely a lot of buzzing and the bass was too high.
I think it was something with how the mic’ed/recorded Joe Bob; I didn’t notice it with Barbara or Darcy. I think it went away by the end of the show too.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

s.i.r.e. posted:

I guess I won't be able to join in on the live fun. :smith:

I'll be rabbiting these so that the best alternative if you can't get it live.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

King Vidiot posted:

I think I was the only one not having problems with the stream last night.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Joe Bob was fun last night but hoo boy his beauty pageant rant and his his little "transvestite" rant were cringey.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

COOL CORN posted:

Joe Bob was fun last night but hoo boy his beauty pageant rant and his his little "transvestite" rant were cringey.

Yeah he was getting a little too "old uncle" for me last night and I had to tug my collar a few times

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah he was getting a little too "old uncle" for me last night and I had to tug my collar a few times

watching through the older ones and he does that sometimes

the rant about japanese film in general before dead or alive was...a lot for me to handle

i keep watching because it feels like these things come from being an old white texan rather than intentional shittiness, but it's not great when it does pop up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

It might be rose colored glasses but I remember back in the TNT days he was a bit more good humored in his rants. Like, he would go off on TNT censoring the films because he was like "come on, it's what we are all here for"

Like, there is humor in poking fun at a beauty pageant trying to act like it's not about objectifying women but the second he started going off about the Greek ideal it got a bit too real.