Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Toalpaz posted:

The 'gunsmith' ability I got actually says it doesn't tell you it's a unreliable vig, but my ability lets me know. It might not work out.

uhhh... like it could blow up in his face kind of unreliable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

I'm disappointed in you. You have received Vigilantly.

Bifauxnen posted:

ah cool I was just wondering if that poo poo would reset today

##push button

I'm disappointed in you. You have received Vigours. In addition, you now have a post restriction where you are required to talk about how the world was obviously greater when the sun never set on the British Empire, at least once per day. There is no reason for there to be a 'u' in Vigors.

SolusLunes fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Mar 30, 2019

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SolusLunes posted:

I'm disappointed in you. You have received Vigilantly.

I'm disappointed in you. You have received Vigours. You now have a post restriction where you are required to talk about how the world was obviously greater when the sun never set on the British Empire, at least once per day. There is no reason for there to be a 'u' in Vigors.

This game sure has some weird fuckin roles

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Bifauxnen posted:

uhhh... like it could blow up in his face kind of unreliable?

It has a variable chance of success is what it says.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Toalpaz posted:

It has a variable chance of success is what it says.

ok carry on then

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

This game is bizarre.

I love it.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

This game sure has some weird fuckin roles

apologies, I have fixed my typo in the post with an edit, I will now modkill myself

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

SolusLunes posted:

apologies, I have fixed my typo in the post with an edit, I will now modkill myself

goonspeed mod goonspeed. :patriot:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

The sun rises over the valley on Day One Two.

Today will be my joke phase day since I was not here yesterday.

Also:

##push button

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I intend to push the button once for each day it is (three on Day 3, etc)

Today I will have to push it three times total to catch up.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

You’re really pushing it with these posts

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Mr. Humalong posted:

You’re really pushing it with these posts

:rolleyes:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

So how about that British Empire hey, I bet back in the old days, they had stuff like Count Duckula and Danger Mouse playing on every channel

I used to find the characters with especially thick accents on those shows totally incomprehensible as a kid, but maybe if they'd been aired more often I would've got the hang of it, so there! My life would have been so much improved.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

So how about that British Empire hey, I bet back in the old days, they had stuff like Count Duckula and Danger Mouse playing on every channel

I used to find the characters with especially thick accents on those shows totally incomprehensible as a kid, but maybe if they'd been aired more often I would've got the hang of it, so there! My life would have been so much improved.

:britain:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
##vig Yami

##unvote

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
The rest of us can keep posting

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

:pray:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

SalTheBard posted:

The rest of us can keep posting

I’m still waiting for the result of my button press :colbert:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Toalpaz posted:

I guess I do want to see Yami check in, but I was just making sure you got it. Its unreliable right? So sooner is better than later so we can plan the day I guess.

Bifauxnen posted:

might as well wait, it's best to let him at least get a chance to say something.

Like we could ask him what he was up to last night for instance

I totally missed these posts I'm so sorry.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yami had the chance to check in, it's like the afternoon for them now.

I just hope that means that the case is real/they're trying to focus on stopping us from making connections.

I think Dancer is being incredibly suspicious atm too fyi. Waiting to see how the vig resolves I guess.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Toalpaz posted:

Yami had the chance to check in, it's like the afternoon for them now.

I just hope that means that the case is real/they're trying to focus on stopping us from making connections.

I think Dancer is being incredibly suspicious atm too fyi. Waiting to see how the vig resolves I guess.

I'm very unhappy with Dancer and would also vote for them.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Is Dancer the one with the daycop that refused to use it and then didn't get night killed?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Also did you tag Solus in discord about your action, Sal? I only ask cause it's been like 12 hours now.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Mr. Humalong posted:

Is Dancer the one with the daycop that refused to use it and then didn't get night killed?

For those that had abilities were they forced to be used at night?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

My ability says that I can use it. I don't have to. It seems like the one shots are up to players discretion when to use it.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Mr. Humalong posted:

Also did you tag Solus in discord about your action, Sal? I only ask cause it's been like 12 hours now.

I tagged him when I pressed the button. I imagine Solus is just busy.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Mr. Humalong posted:

Yes I did.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Oh wow you shot Yami early in the morning, I see.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Toalpaz posted:

Oh wow you shot Yami early in the morning, I see.

I had just got my baby back to sleep and then I was like "eh maybe I'll just vig Yami." In hindsight it was stupid because getting him to post would've gleaned us information, but on the other hand if I was Yami I would just not post period.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

No, I could choose not to use mine.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Dancer posted:

If I decide to end the day without having used my thing, which I might, it will be in full knowledge of that. Don't just assume the day-cop will be happening today.

This is what I was talking about in regards to Dancer refusing to use their daycop.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Since Yami got vigged my immediate choice would be to consider voting for Dancer on the basis of acting so strangely about the daycop + still being alive but on the other hand if he doesn't come post he'll be subject to the lurking punishment anyway.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Let me try Onsets tactic:

##vote Dancer

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dancer eat the eggs

and use the cop

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

IllegallySober posted:

The sun rises over the valley on Day One Two.

Today will be my joke phase day since I was not here yesterday.

Also:

##push button

I'm disappointed in you. You have received Viga.

SalTheBard posted:

##vig Yami

##unvote

Yami Fenrir, Town-Aligned Vanilla Town + Vignettists, has been dayvigged Day 2!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Dancer (1): SalTheBard

Not Voting (8): Anomalous Amalgam, Bifauxnen, Dancer, IllegallySober, JimsonTheBetrayer, Mr. Humalong, Nep-Nep, Toalpaz

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 01st, 2019 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days, 3 hours.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SolusLunes posted:

Yami Fenrir, Town-Aligned Vanilla Town + Vignettists, has been dayvigged Day 2!

Boooooo. Sorry Yami

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Hmm, that's interesting. I'm gonna have another good look at Yami and Onset now.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

welp, near end of day I think Dancer should just be the official lunch if he still hasn't used his daycop. But with that established, might as well talk about other people till then.

Jimson's getting trial by polyhedron or something, so I'm looking at the new replacements we got. IS and Humalong, now that you've had time to read up, what are your thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm