Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I like the way Apex plus but the Ults and powers mess it up for me.

I have not played Firestorm but my “best playing BR game” is Blackout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

RCarr posted:

This is easily the best battle royale game now. Not saying much due to how dogshit the combat is in the other ones, but still.

agreed, hope all they change is the looting mechanics and maybe slightly increase the starting circle area?

i love the slightly limited resources, janky armor system and above all, hearing those death screams from across the map

engagements feel way more intense and satisfying win/lose scenarios than in apex or blackout

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
Won a Firestorm game last night with 2 friends and a random, super intense ending. Down to 2 squads, circle closing in around the frozen lake on the northeast corner of the map. We're in the buildings on the east side, they're on the west, each taking pot shots at each other. The firestorm is moving in their favor so we make a run for an island in the middle of the lake, just as a V1 evaporates the building we had left. I shoot an artillery flare into their area and we just dump all of our explosives into these couple of buildings, downing everyone but one of them. We rush the ruins with the storm hot on our rear end, he gets the drop on one of us, but I flank him and dump 50 rounds of .45 into the guy. V for Victory.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Hit me up PSN Jameswoodskiting

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Any ps4 up for firestorm tonight?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I played two games of Firestorm, and they made a awesome Battle Royale. I am not a BR player, so not my cup of tea, but they really nailed this one.

Could be better, (maybe?) but what they made is fun.

Also after playing a lot of Fortnite, Apex and The Division, the weapons of BF are on a total different nivel, they sounds and feel is soo realistic is almost uncomfortable. The weapons on BF are on some uncanny valley where they feel like pieces of metal that propel lead very fast with tiny explosions.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
It's funny, everyone who really hates Apex seems to really like Firestorm, and vice versa.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I really like the idea of a battle royale game, they just needed to make one with good shooting mechanics. This is it.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

It's funny, everyone who really hates Apex seems to really like Firestorm, and vice versa.

Probably depends on how bitchmade you are. Apex is a fast-paced game that rewards aggression and has a high enough TTK that you can react and outskill someone, Firestorm you can just prone in a bush like a trilobite and mow someone down before they even have a chance to react.

Noctone fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Mar 28, 2019

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

RCarr posted:

I really like the idea of a battle royale game, they just needed to make one with good shooting mechanics. This is it.

Both games have really good shooting mechanics, actually. My problem with Firestorm is that there's no way to escape and when you combine that with the low TTK it gets very campy, I've been gacked by prone MG42 guys or instantly deleted by shotgun guys hiding in corner too many times to enjoy it. The actual gunfights I've had - when we each had cover and couldn't just immediately kill the other guy - were very good.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Noctone posted:

Probably depends on how bitchmade you are. Apex is a fast-paced game that rewards aggression and has a high enough TTK that you can react and outskill someone, Firestorm you can just prone in a bush like a trilobite and mow someone down before they even have a chance to react.

So, if you're very bitchmade, you won't like Firestorm, got it. Thanks.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I like both.

How will not? Apex has great class synergye, and the way our own characters communicate with each other is next-next-next-gen.

Where Firestorm is cool, with the good weapon feel of BF, variety of weapons.

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

Tei posted:

I like both.

How will not? Apex has great class synergye, and the way our own characters communicate with each other is next-next-next-gen.

Where Firestorm is cool, with the good weapon feel of BF, variety of weapons.

Yeah apex is just super next level in terms of BR mechanics. The callouts, both automatic and manual, are incredibly well integrated, and the looting is far better than any other BR out there once you get the hang of it. I personally love the movement and the arcadey combat but understand if you prefer the battlefield feel more. Wish firestorm had better BR mechanics in general though, the loot piles are atrocious

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Noctone posted:

Firestorm you can just prone in a bush like a trilobite and mow someone down before they even have a chance to react.

Battle Royale like in the movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSuzQA4CZb4

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

The Bananana posted:

So, if you're very bitchmade, you won't like Firestorm, got it. Thanks.

Dude don’t get sarcastic with him. He doesn’t have time for any bitch made poo poo so he’ll kick your rear end in between alternating apex and weight lifting sessions

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
Ps4 goons I want to try firestorm tonight, when will we be on

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Lawnie posted:

Ps4 goons I want to try firestorm tonight, when will we be on

I'll be on around 7 PM CST US

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Shout out to the 2 goons who helped get me my 1st firestorm win!

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Steyr n I are lookin for 2 more to fill a squad for some firestorm action. :getin:

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Waroduce (psn name) will be on in an hour lookin for firestorm

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I’d play Firestorm a lot more if it would stop putting me in international servers with 200+ ping

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
I actually love the fact that you can get into the final 10 of firestorm by solid snaking it, just crawling about and finding good hiding spots them trying to get from A to B without being spotted. There's a real tension that's pretty cool especially when you spot a guy and you're like gently caress does he know I'm here. Also loved the time me and one other guy landed in front of each other on the same island and started the match off with a ridiculous minute long knife fight where we circled each other and feinted and tried to psych each other out. I won and felt so badass (before being mowed down 30 secs later lol)

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

I want to say again: I like the firestorm.
It's all I've played since its released

For any in here who have played outside of it, what's the population like in the other servers?

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Played a lil frontlines last night. Took a bit to find a server w/ a 2 man squad. Was totally empty when we joined. Once it hit the minimum player count it filled up pretty much immediately.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

ThomasPaine posted:

I actually love the fact that you can get into the final 10 of firestorm by solid snaking it, just crawling about and finding good hiding spots them trying to get from A to B without being spotted. There's a real tension that's pretty cool especially when you spot a guy and you're like gently caress does he know I'm here.

That sounds so incredibly boring. This is partly why the last few Battlefields have sucked so much, DICE keeps rewarding this play style.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Prone ruins DICE games

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

I disagree

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
If prone was done away with, how else would I accurately use my Lewis gun and other gigantic gently caress-off guns?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

That sounds so incredibly boring. This is partly why the last few Battlefields have sucked so much, DICE keeps rewarding this play style.

You can play hella aggressive in firestorm and do just fine. Even if your squad gets ambushed by some sneaky sneaks it’s not a guaranteed loss

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Imagine 99 prone snipers on a cliff

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Gonz posted:

If prone was done away with, how else would I accurately use my Lewis gun and other gigantic gently caress-off guns?

If you’re proning with the Lewis gun you’re doing it wrong. There’s a reason it’s the aimbotter weapon of choice.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This is pretty tempting cause I love me some Battlefield and firestorm looks like it might actually be good (I love Blackout and PUBG except for PUBG's Jank. Can't stand fortnite and Apex). This looks in line with the BR I like.

Is the Deluxe edition worth it at all? I noticed I can get DE on disc from amazon for $45 and it's on sale digital on PSN for $30? Is it worth the extra $15?

Wish I had picked up the DE when it was briefly $35 on PSN about a month ago.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

ZeusCannon posted:

Aka aerodrome

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

ZeusCannon posted:

*runs them all over in a jeep*

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

veni veni veni posted:

This is pretty tempting cause I love me some Battlefield and firestorm looks like it might actually be good (I love Blackout and PUBG except for PUBG's Jank. Can't stand fortnite and Apex). This looks in line with the BR I like.

Is the Deluxe edition worth it at all? I noticed I can get DE on disc from amazon for $45 and it's on sale digital on PSN for $30? Is it worth the extra $15?

Wish I had picked up the DE when it was briefly $35 on PSN about a month ago.

Do not get deluxe edition. I believe the only thing it gets you is some additional uniform items, of which you have to pick (you don’t get them all), and they look like poo poo anyway

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

The Bananana posted:

Aka aerodrome

loving accurate

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Looking for 1 on PS4 for firestorm

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
So am I right in thinking you can't actually choose which operation you want without using filters etc? I liked having them all on a big map with some background. Also I miss the nice lady telling me all about the historical context and the alt-history stuff.

FastestGunAlive posted:

Do not get deluxe edition. I believe the only thing it gets you is some additional uniform items, of which you have to pick (you don’t get them all), and they look like poo poo anyway

They hosed up the pricing on the UK PlayStation Store so I got the deluxe version for £29.99 when the standard one was £39.99, weird.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

FastestGunAlive posted:

Ah, cool. I didn't know if they were still attaching like 20 maps to deluxe like they used to. Which was awful. I'm glad to hear that is done with and actually makes me want to buy this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wow the inventory in firestorm is bafflingly bad. I can’t even stay alive long enough to try and figure it out.