Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Grillfiend posted:

he was alive but presumed dead in the episode of Legends called Star City 2046. Maybe he's already presumed dead.

Yeah but that episode was near the start of Legends, and iirc pre-Flashpoint, and both the Time Idiots and Barry Allen have broken time multiple times since that episode. Who knows what sort of timeline changes could have been made since then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Vietnamwees posted:

Man, this drama with Emiko is really splitting up Team Arrow into different sides.

Also I wonder if Ray knows what's going on at his old company.

When he landed in Star City in 2046 he was legit shocked to see Felicity's name on his old building. But honestly, he's having more fun flying around history beating up puppets and fairy godmothers and kidnapping Nixon to give a poo poo about all the dour fucks fighting over his failed empire.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I thought Felicity ran PalmerTech into the dirt seasons ago, I'm surprised to see it around at all.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

nooneofconsequence posted:

Why did Diggle yell Dante's name instead of just shooting him.

Because if the heroes behaved rationally every season would be five episodes, max.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

The invoice for one (1) crime billable to a Malcolm Merlyn complete with a diagram of explosives placement was pretty slick.

I was honestly surprised there wasn't a Wile E. Coyote-style "bird seed" sign sketched right next to the explosives.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TwoPair posted:

I thought Felicity ran PalmerTech into the dirt seasons ago, I'm surprised to see it around at all.

IIRC Ray's (not appearing on any of the shows) brother took over the company after Felicity was ousted.

Also they made the Emiko turn kind of obvious once they had her suit up in her own outfit at the beginning of the episode.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Oliver, kill your new half-sister.

You already have one who's way cooler and better in every way.

John's right on this one, she's a bad egg.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I'm not sure I understood that last scene. So did Emiko order the death of Robert and would have called it off if he wasn't a poo poo, or did she just know about it, and would have warned him if he wasn't a poo poo?

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
I'm very, veeeeery interested in an explanation for a server rack that began as home security that used DNA to track someone who works in a Best Buy.

And the woman who was suffering in hiding (the vests!) is just cool with being outed by previously stolen DNA because she can get rich.

Felicity is the big bad. Of every season, always.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Felicity is the villain of the entire series we'll find out at the end.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

oh jay posted:

I'm not sure I understood that last scene. So did Emiko order the death of Robert and would have called it off if he wasn't a poo poo, or did she just know about it, and would have warned him if he wasn't a poo poo?

Merlyn ordered the hit, but Dante said it was a "gift" to Emiko, I guess because he thought taking the deal/killing Robert would stop Emiko from not being fully devoted to him/the Ninth Circle. Presumably, if Robert would've taken her up on her business idea and/or been slightly fatherly towards her she would've called it off or warned Robert. But, well, the Queens are all awful so she did nothing.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Emiko did nothing wrong.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Emiko did nothing wrong.

Running a crime syndicate, blowing up a laboratory and developing WMD drones?

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Bruceski posted:

Running a crime syndicate, blowing up a laboratory and developing WMD drones?

For Emiko, it was a Tuesday.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Her being the head of the Ninth Circle is an interesting twist for that plot line. It's based off of a fairly new arc in the comics too. It's a shame the newest run ended as well sicne it seemed like it had potential

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My problem with the Ninth Circle is that it is yet another secret society.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

muscles like this! posted:

My problem with the Ninth Circle is that it is yet another secret society.

I liked how Argus couldn't figure out what their symbol meant until felicity googled it

"Why have I never heard of this secret society?"
"Nobody knew about it, except everybody"
"I'm getting some real Quadrant vibes here."
"Who?"
"Longbow hunters?"
"What?"

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

So Felicity can't track Dante because she doesn't have his DNA, right? But they know that Emiko is working with him and they must have some of her DNA lying around. Why are they not tracking her?

And when they found out about the gas drones, why didn't they just send in a full squad of ARGUS soldiers to kill/capture all the bad guys there? Actually, with the vigilantes working alongside both regular law enforcement and... whatever the hell ARGUS is, it seems pretty difficult to justify using them at all. Ever. Guy with a bow made sense back in season one when he was just a serial killer targeting capitalists, but there is absolutely no way to justify him going after terrorist organisations or large-scale organised crime. Unless he was just going to go back to serial killing his way through the leaders until they ran out of leaders. But for some reason the leaders are the only people he won't just shoot when he has the opportunity.

This show has been running too long. It's good it's ending.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's this whole thing with Arrowverse shows where for some reason despite being introduced as massive government agencies neither ARGUS or the DEO have any power.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

There's this whole thing with Arrowverse shows where for some reason despite being introduced as massive government agencies neither ARGUS or the DEO have any power.

Yea, they are constantly shown as chumps. They are constantly overruled, are shown to be helpless in the face of any opposition. If ARGUS picks you up, you should be blackbagged and sent to some deep hole somewhere.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
If the secret government agencies were any good, the shows would be about them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phylodox posted:

If the secret government agencies were any good, the shows would be about them.

SHIELD is fairly incompetent these days.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Rhyno posted:

SHIELD is fairly incompetent these days.

By what metric? They’ve stopped multiple existential threats. Diggle forgets what gun do.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Sheild Agents actually take the shot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I mean, the only barely cludged through the hell future and then Fitz died when they got back!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO3-DV6bs_k

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Rhyno posted:

I mean, the only barely cludged through the hell future and then Fitz died when they got back!

I mean...a hell future where Earth is a burnt out cinder being run by technologically superior aliens. Versus almost every future in the Arrowverse where it's basically just another flavour of YA dystopia where the characters are still gigantic gently caress-ups.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Yea if AoS was on the cw Daisy would have cried and not shot because she loves Ward still.

But nope, she's all "you're a loving Nazi" *bang bang bang*

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Yea if AoS was on the cw Daisy would have cried and not shot because she loves Ward still.

But nope, she's all "you're a loving Nazi" *bang bang bang*

Every time Ward came back: "I said I'm sorry, this is my redemption arc to become an amoral sexy part of the team right?"
Everyone else: "Nope! *bang bang bang*"

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

Yeah but not with real bullets

Rhyno posted:

:smith:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Yeah but not with real bullets

Tell that to Ward.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Phylodox posted:

By what metric? They’ve stopped multiple existential threats. Diggle forgets what gun do.

Diggle remembers what gun do all the time. What he forgets how to do is how to hit a loving target. At least Rene has an excuse for missing important targets, his loving hockey mask must drastically reduce visibility and dual wielding instead of aiming down the sights is also bad. Diggle's helmet, while still looking stupid, at least gives him a decent field of vision, and he's shown to usually aim, but he just can't hit poo poo. Dude needs to get his eyes checked.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Uh, Felicity's out I guess.

https://news.avclub.com/emily-bett-rickards-is-leaving-arrow-before-its-final-s-1833692533

Seems like they aren't changing the future and Felicity will be taking off with baby Mia and will be gone for the final season.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Uh, Felicity's out I guess.

https://news.avclub.com/emily-bett-rickards-is-leaving-arrow-before-its-final-s-1833692533

Seems like they aren't changing the future and Felicity will be taking off with baby Mia and will be gone for the final season.

Jeez, the Monitor's One More Day deal kicked in earlier than we thought it would...

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Did she get cast in something else? Seems weird to bail right before the end.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Did she get cast in something else? Seems weird to bail right before the end.

Especially considering the show found its footing with her and David Ramsey as complimentary parts to each other and Amell.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

While on the one hand it feels wrong that the show will end without Felicity (and they drat well better bring her back for the crossover and finale) it does spare us from having to see the show fake Felicity's pregnancy.

Interesting to read the EW article linked in that AV Club piece. If it's to be believed, the show is ending at Amell's insistence, and not the network's, and they've been planning this since the end of last season

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

howe_sam posted:

While on the one hand it feels wrong that the show will end without Felicity (and they drat well better bring her back for the crossover and finale) it does spare us from having to see the show fake Felicity's pregnancy.

Interesting to read the EW article linked in that AV Club piece. If it's to be believed, the show is ending at Amell's insistence, and not the network's, and they've been planning this since the end of last season

TV shows and genre shows in particular coming to an end on their own terms are exceedingly rare, so good on Amell for calling the shot early and having the clout and gumption to stick with the call rather than get lured into doing basically a zombie show that kept going for like a decade past when it should have ended ala Supernatural.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Supernatural has been a lot of fun the past few years. No regrets watching it this entire time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Probably a better example is Walking Dead. The most apt show title ever. Its just there, probably has a really hardcore following that buy all the crap and see all the actors, but no one outside of that small group gives a care.